User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Dec 2009, 12:27   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Making life easier.

I browsed quickly through the suggestions forums, couldn't find anything like this. But this is mostly a 'please add this, this won't really change gameplay, but does make it more enjoyable'.

Some of the tedium of large attacks is setting up a proper bcalc. I would like to see the possibility when doing a groupscan (like now you just AU all attackers) and say 'Add all fleets to attackers'.
When this is done it would be rather ace, since it would paste all fleets and all scores and values in it. If it doesn't pull too much DB work it would be handy to (probably just one time when pasting a scan, then just adding it to the bcalc DB) the coords to a fleet (or the planetname) so you see on the bcalc an overview which fleet is associated with which planet.
Another bcalc change I would like to see is at the bottom, I'd like to see a 'total visible ships' section for each individual fleet as for the whole attacker and defender side as well as 'total value' on each side.

Combined with this it would be handy if on the ally def page the attackers were sorted by coord. Now you get a set of scans, usually a groupset, and they are sorted by coord most of the time, while the list on the ally page is sorted in a different way (or not sorted at all). Matching fleets is then just a bit more tedious and doesn't add any excitement, so make that easier. With that in mind, setting one wave to 'covered' or 'uncovered' should be doable with one single click somewhere. If there is some FR/DE in a FI/CO wave or vice versa that isn't covered that can then be manually updated.
This is the same by the way with adding a bcalc to a wave. Just add one button when adding the bcalc 'apply to whole eta'.

Also a log file with who changed status would be cool. But if it isn't tracked now, not really needed.

This would be it for now, but might add more later. Thoughts, comments? Or if you support it make that clear too. Bigger chance of implementation etc.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 12:33   #2
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: Making life easier.

I like it. All sensible suggestions to improve handling and make the game more user friendly.
Pro.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 15:33   #3
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

Life is supposed to be hard. I think they should remove scans and all attacking fleets get a x2 bonus on damage.

Good ideas! Calcing during this war is pretty time consuming when there are 10 or 11 fleets on either side.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 15:39   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've always felt good approximation and fast/mental calcing are part of the skill-set that is the difference between normal players who aren't complete morons and "good" players" to be honest. But it'd probably help get more of your average middling alliance member involved so it's probably a good idea.
Unread 8 Dec 2009, 16:03   #5
rUl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I've always felt good approximation and fast/mental calcing are part of the skill-set that is the difference between normal players who aren't complete morons and "good" players" to be honest. But it'd probably help get more of your average middling alliance member involved so it's probably a good idea.
I basically agree with you there, but you hardly get around making a calc when you got half a dozen or more attacking fleets from different races on one wave and canīt just waste any of your allies fleets when you get large amounts of incomings. The approximation and mental calcing should still proide an advantage for those who posess those skills, but their life would be slightly more comfortable when you donīt have to add every single scan and coord manually.
In the end, itīs always better to have an idea from start on about what youīre looking for anyway.
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 15:23   #6
Bams
Virus Champion

Bams is an unknown quantity at this point

I especially like the idea of a calc showing the coords of the attacker/defender below the score/value part. Kinda annoying to find fleets by value / ships sent.
R32: EC (rank 21)
R33: Round off
R34: P3ng! (rank 84) - sry drinker

Bams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2010, 03:29   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Bump. To support firebirds idea.
Unread 16 May 2010, 03:43   #8
Firebird

Theam did i hijack ure idea ?? if so i apologise seems we have been thinking the same in some respects
Unread 16 May 2010, 04:18   #9
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree totally. Good idea.

And to follow up on what JBG said... in the JGP, also show the race of each attacking and defending fleet... as he said, a mental calc can sometimes be enough, and knowing what race each fleet is makes it that much easier.
Unread 16 May 2010, 21:11   #10
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

oh my... do you guys want a nanny helping you with calcing too?

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2010, 10:35   #11
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

i want a covop you can do on yourself wich makes the perfect bcalc.
Unread 19 May 2010, 09:31   #12
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I don't like the idea. You gain some battles just because the enemy is lazy of making the calc. I wouldn't want to lose that.
Unread 19 May 2010, 12:52   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
I don't like the idea. You gain some battles just because the enemy is lazy of making the calc. I wouldn't want to lose that.
Dude.
Unread 19 May 2010, 19:14   #14
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

You know what would make my life easier Theam? If you killed yourself! <3
Unread 19 May 2010, 22:23   #15
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
you know what would make my life easier theam? If you killed yourself! <3
<3
Unread 20 May 2010, 11:09   #16
rUl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Dude.
Heīs right though :P
I bet we recalled from uncovered waves jsut because noone could be arsed doing a calc