User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 00:15   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Photoshop and bitdepths

Why is it always the simple things....
How the fk can I convert an image to 12bit colour (4096 colours)?

I just can't see how to do it.

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 01:21   #2
Cyp
∞+♪˛

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Photoshop and bitdepths

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
Why is it always the simple things....
How the fk can I convert an image to 12bit colour (4096 colours)?

I just can't see how to do it.

Don't know if the options exist in photoshop specifically, but could you fill the image with the colour {240, 240, 240}, using a bitwise AND operation, and scale up the intensity by 6.25%?

Would effectively remove all but 12 bits, haven't heard of an official 12 bit file format, though. (Perhaps there is one, though...)
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 01:40   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'll give that a try tomorrow - I hadn't even begun to think about the mathematics of it, and I have no idea how to do half of that (I'm no PS genius, though I could probably work it out after a while).

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:34   #4
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Google Is Your Friend. [convert "12 bit" photoshop] found me a nice macro within 30 seconds

Why 12 bit though? Is this Amiga-related?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:13   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Would it be the one here ?
If so, how do you use it? If I open it in explorer it opens photoshop, but I can't actually see where you execute macros or anything...

Unread 3 Mar 2003, 10:54   #6
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Melga, you need to copy the action file somewhere sensible* then use "load actions" from the actions panel.

It seems to fail on PS7 though, as the action seems written for 5.5

M.

* "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Photoshop Actions" on my machine.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote