User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Jan 2006, 17:37   #1
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice
Secret Questions

Starting today I noticed the appearance of the secret questions have changed. The first question I had this morning was so big it did not fit in the picture square, and the second one I had the "scratches" was so abrasive and the contrast between the background and the text was so little that I could not read the question.

Anyone else notice the login questions being far more difficult to read?
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 17:42   #2
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future
Re: Secret Questions

Yep, they seem to have decided that keeping the bots out is not enough and that multies can still log into their various accounts so have come up with these ingeneous new player stopper questions, soon noone will be able to log in and there will be no more cheating. viva la stopper.
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 17:49   #3
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

I never had much problem with them. Except when I'm drunk or when it's too early in the morning.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 18:01   #4
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I thought the font was different, turns out it was.
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 18:18   #5
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

They seem to be using a few different fonts, of different sizes, some of the questions are now so large they don't fit anymore leaving me with 'If the first day of the week is monday' as my question in one case.
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 18:23   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I always do all non numerical questions wrong anyway..
So nothing has changed for me
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 18:26   #7
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road

I was about to make a post about this. I attempted to log on this morning 3 times, and could not read the fonts AT all... especially the serif fonts. So by fear of losing login privledges, I missed a construction tick. Well done... The anti bot log-in works well enough and this change is redundant. Enough already, change it back.

Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 18:30   #8
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Failed log-in 10 times in a row will lock your account, you really need to be shit to get that many wrong...
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 18:34   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

if you cant read the question , just refresh the page to get a different one.
this atm is just a temporary change until the new bot stopper system is done from what i heard in #planetarion today
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 18:52   #10
One----

One---- has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well the idea is to make it simple for us now isn`t it..this is just silly if you ask me...there was one i couldn`t even read, and to be honest..to start refreshing pages over and over again is VERY boring.
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 19:01   #11
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

no, the idea is to stop bots from logging in. the bot stopper being simple/easy to use takes second place to this for obvious reasons
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 19:20   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I heard someone got into the botstopper admin and changed the fonts, actually. It isn't supposed to be like that.
Unread 30 Jan 2006, 19:37   #13
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggin
Well done... The anti bot log-in works well enough and this change is redundant. Enough already, change it back.
Computer says no.

The new Anti-OCR changes are not really any more difficult to defeat. Except perhaps for that absolutely retarded font with hearts in that even I can't read. Why not go all out and use Wingdings?

The method with the inverted text is too large and warps of the end. This you probably know. However, this method actually makes it 100 times easier to remove the ellipse artifacts. The text can then be converted back into B+W with minimal effort, minus the defects that were present in the previous stopper time. The uniform rotation of the phrase to a fixed angle stops nothing.

Last edited by Raging.Retard; 30 Jan 2006 at 19:45. Reason: Editing because JJ is poop, and SS is still filtered.
Raging.Retard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 06:11   #14
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

see if your bot can answer that one: http://www.randal.de/pa/Image1.gif

Planearium ?
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 06:44   #15
selmac
returning to my addiction

selmac has a spectacular aura aboutselmac has a spectacular aura about

lol, y not ask the PA-team to answer that one?
selmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 08:35   #16
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal
see if your bot can answer that one: http://www.randal.de/pa/Image1.gif

Planearium ?
It shouldn't be too hard for a bot to answer that, because the bot would already know that the answer is 'planetarion'. The question shown only matches that question, so....
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 12:49   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The questions look like someone's yelling now and it scares me
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 14:12   #18
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

It really should be obvious that stuff like "contrast" only annoys humans - not OCR software. In fact contrast is helping OCR.

Annoying a bot writer with using oodles of TTF fonts, just results in a bigger database for detection and those can be easily build automatically. Whats really annoying with OCR is overlaying and intersecting fonts where the chars (or words) are distorted. To avoid easy automatic generation of font databases, you could write a software which takes 2 or 3 fonts of the same style and automatically generates a new font.

You arent overlaying properly, you arent intersecting and you arent distorting.

On a more general note i think that bots by now are one of the least problems PA has during p2p rounds.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 14:27   #19
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
It shouldn't be too hard for a bot to answer that, because the bot would already know that the answer is 'planetarion'. The question shown only matches that question, so....
That really depends - my own "PA-OCR" learns to read the text. Then it collects all botstopper questions and parses them into a database. Answers are added later unless the bot cant answer itself anyhow. A bot would view the whole "please type the following word: planetarion" phrase as question so a dumb bot wouldnt recognize a cut-off question.

This however misses an important step - you may not always have 100% detection but it is pretty clear what "please typ the following word: planetarion" means (the "e" from "type" is missing). So your bot login code would usually not look for 100% matches but for "sufficient" matches. Now it depends on what rules you apply to "sufficient" In case "cut off" questions are regularly appearing, you could just add a "sufficient" rule for that.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 14:31   #20
Phil^
Insomniac

tehn the engilsh trciks on wrods whree olny the frsit and lsat lteters hvae to be in the rghit psoitoin for it to be raed mghit hvae fun wtih any bots ?
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 14:35   #21
Ramihyn
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
tehn the engilsh trciks on wrods whree olny the frsit and lsat lteters hvae to be in the rghit psoitoin for it to be raed mghit hvae fun wtih any bots ?
Hehe i know that study - one of the interesting ones last year

Well i would try to use a english word database and reverse apply the rule and i guess it would work well as you have the exact length and the first and last letter. Shortly after the study was relased to the public, some eMail spam started using it
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 14:52   #22
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The questions look like someone's yelling now and it scares me
Poor lad.. wanna talk about it?
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 16:28   #23
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

1+2+3 = 6 wrong
is planetarion made by jolt or sony? = jolt wrong

after getting 4-5 answers right, it finally let me login :s
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 16:29   #24
Phil^
Insomniac

the jolt/sony one has two varients. planetarion and playstation - you sure it said planetarion?
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 16:49   #25
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the jolt/sony one has two varients. planetarion and playstation - you sure it said planetarion?
It's Jolt or Nintendo for who makes planetarion.

And Jolt or Sony for who makes playstations.

I think?
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 17:05   #26
DukePaul
Retired VGN

Think again.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 17:49   #27
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It's Jolt or Nintendo for who makes planetarion.

And Jolt or Sony for who makes playstations.

I think?
"Who makes Gamecube : Jolt or nintendo"
"Who makes planetarion : Jolt or nintendo"
"Who makes Playstation : Jolt or sony"
"Who makes planetarion : Jolt or sony"

those are the variations for those qus
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 18:03   #28
Phil^
Insomniac

it should be 10 within an hour before you get autoclosed
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 19:38   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What's most alarming is that idimmu seems to be implying he eventually got one of the questions right.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 19:42   #30
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Well theres only so many times you can mash the keyboard with your hamburger fingers before you accidentally type "Yes". This seems to be the answer to about 50% of the questions.
Unread 31 Jan 2006, 21:38   #31
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
it should be 10 within an hour before you get autoclosed
didn't they remove that option as they know this current system is shite?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 00:18   #32
Victuri

The questions havent really slipped me up yet, and as someone else said if you dont get it merely refresh the page.
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 08:38   #33
s7n
7ish

s7n is an unknown quantity at this point

The new font is so difficult to read Hopefully it will be removed soon...
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 09:19   #34
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

IS there anyone out there who has a working script to answer these questions?
IF there is I'd like to copy it so that I can login to my (single, manually played) account on a regular basis.

Yes I know it's illegal to use a bot to log in tou your account. But for this I'd be willing to make an exception to my prior conduct of never cheating. Actually being able to log in to the game would be a good thing. And the way it seems to me, a well written scrips has to be better at bypassing the current questions than I am.
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 09:30   #35
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

cant you just randomly place the words around and have people make up their own sentences and have them chose answers with a one choise dropbox?

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 19:51   #36
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Why would that be any harder for an automated program?
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 20:07   #37
Tomkat

Yes, because gosh it is so tiring and difficult to log in 2-3 times and eventually get in. (to those people complaining about the big text)

Come on - if that's your biggest worry and you feel you have to moan on an internet forum about it, you've got a pretty whizzy tops life.

I enjoy it. I especially enjoy it when it's 6am and dark and I can't see my keyboard buttons. It's like a game of russian roulette - will I manage to login?! Will I get locked out of my account?!

It sure makes the game more exciting and fun!