User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 14 Nov 2007, 01:45   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
The fantastic secret abundance of crap planets in 1:1

Seeing as the PA team is in their usual incompetent and moronic phase, I thought I would tell the community about the wast abundance of good targets in 1:1 at the moment. In about tick 180 (or so) there was added a wast number of planets in 1:1, some of which is a good target to attack for some free roids and free XP.

Why on earth nobody from the PA team bothered to tell anyone about this is beyond me, but now the news is out, so go and grab them roids.
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 02:02   #2
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
Re: The fantastic secret abundance of crap planets in 1:1

most of them are bigger than me
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 02:10   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

its hardly a secret if its in plain sight for anyone to see
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 02:42   #4
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

they were added at tick 119 and it's not like we could hide 15 planets suddenly appearing in our gal.
and from what the incs on them have been and the fact that ppl mentioned it straight away, i'm pretty sure they've been noticed
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 02:50   #5
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Simpsons did it.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 09:36   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Kargool's school of how to be a drama queen strikes again.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 10:51   #7
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That is a fantastic galaxy picture.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 10:53   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Kargool's school of how to be a drama queen strikes again.

Yeah, I've learned it from a person who "shouted" that he so much would love to be back in the PA team.

I cannot seem to remember whom it was though.

No, seriously, I did it to help the PA team as they seem to be unable to announce anything by themselves.
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 11:33   #9
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
No, seriously, I did it to help the PA team as they seem to be unable to announce anything by themselves.
the adding of some planets that for the majority of people are already under their bash to a gal hardly requires an announcement.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 11:41   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
the adding of some planets that for the majority of people are already under their bash to a gal hardly requires an announcement.
Then why add them?
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 11:47   #11
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Then why add them?
they add players to try hide the fact that pa is loosing more and more players each round... how many payed planets this round? we even passed 1k?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 11:53   #12
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Then why add them?

As i understand it appocco is testing some stuff on them for potential implementation in a future round. (bot planets anyone?)

-Cead
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 12:01   #13
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

They are scripted bots.

Unread 14 Nov 2007, 12:14   #14
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

what are they scripted to do?
get roided, or they actually do something?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 12:16   #15
Marv
Jazz Man

Init roids / build ships I think.

They don't attack although it would be cool if they did :-)

Unread 14 Nov 2007, 12:24   #16
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
That is a fantastic galaxy picture.
link?
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 12:29   #17
Ceadrath

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7439/galpicot9.png

-Cead
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 12:53   #18
Marv
Jazz Man

Urwins roidwh0res

Unread 14 Nov 2007, 13:15   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

So actually telling people that these are bots was not relevant information? Or giving the information at all?
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 13:19   #20
Ceadrath

considering how they have no real significance in the game i don't see why they would need to.

-Cead
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 13:27   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Who cares.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 14:24   #22
Phil M

Phil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the rough

Are these bots actually able to defend themselves in a decent manner? These planets are better than my alliances daily attack targets.

As I'm sure many game creators have realised in the past, you can create bots quite easily - however they're always going to suck. You can spend many hours making them suck less, but they're always going to suck.

When so many other areas of the game need attention I don't think it's a good idea spending valuable time on this. I know the playerbase is declining, but this isn't the best solution for the problem.
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 15:19   #23
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil M
These planets are better than my alliances daily attack targets.
Seriously?

Unread 14 Nov 2007, 17:22   #24
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

So, what's the background and agenda for these bot planets? PA team "cheating" to get 5k+ planets in universe again? (betatesting)
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 17:32   #25
Marv
Jazz Man

Lots of bots (while sounding cool in my head) just wouldn't work practically, especially when you thing into the depths of attacks / defence etc..

From what I've seen Appoco's say in various channels, they're there to give little people trying to break into the universe something to hit to build themselves up & get some attack confidence.

I think it's a good idea & keeping them in 1:1 removes the potentially messy element of giving each gal their own bots or even whole bot galaxies.

Unread 14 Nov 2007, 17:52   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
From what I've seen Appoco's say in various channels, they're there to give little people trying to break into the universe something to hit to build themselves up & get some attack confidence.
Sounds sensible to me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 03:26   #27
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

umm, these planets are farms... unless you plan on making farming legal... then this is against the rules
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 04:06   #28
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Who cares.
Quoted for truth.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 08:37   #29
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Lots of bots (while sounding cool in my head) just wouldn't work practically, especially when you thing into the depths of attacks / defence etc..

I think it's a good idea & keeping them in 1:1 removes the potentially messy element of giving each gal their own bots or even whole bot galaxies.
So the fact that they give them very easy targets that wont build def against their attacks, nor get defense from anywhere else prepares them for real pa? Especially when they don't know they're automated bots and the rest of the universe is filled with people that actually play?

So, the new player basically learns that he don't need to get jpscans, because they will never get defended, he does not have to worry about the target building ships.

Then he attacks a New Dawn planet, or an Urwin planet. Wonder if they'll be as nice?

Some people seem to be totally up PA teams ass and cant see the disadvantages about having automated bot planets in the game. The intent might be good, but the execution sucks.
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 09:18   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
umm, these planets are farms... unless you plan on making farming legal... then this is against the rules
Where do these bots consent to getting roided by me?
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 09:36   #31
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

while (true) ?
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 10:56   #32
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

I do not see the big difference between hitting urwins and a farmplanet in 1:1 to be honest.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 11:39   #33
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Where do these bots consent to getting roided by me?
there is defacto consent between the two planets, by design it exists for you to roid it without fear of retribution, or fear of arranged defense.. it's sole purpose is exactly that. You know that ahead of time, there creates the "agreement"
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 11:45   #34
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
there is defacto consent between the two planets, by design it exists for you to roid it without fear of retribution, or fear of arranged defense.. it's sole purpose is exactly that. You know that ahead of time, there creates the "agreement"
But by that standard, roiding allianceless newbies is farming as well, which creates a dangerous precedent.
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 13:58   #35
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
But by that standard, roiding allianceless newbies is farming as well, which creates a dangerous precedent.
And how do you know they are allianceless newbies?
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 14:15   #36
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
So the fact that they give them very easy targets that wont build def against their attacks, nor get defense from anywhere else prepares them for real pa? Especially when they don't know they're automated bots and the rest of the universe is filled with people that actually play?

So, the new player basically learns that he don't need to get jpscans, because they will never get defended, he does not have to worry about the target building ships.

Then he attacks a New Dawn planet, or an Urwin planet. Wonder if they'll be as nice?

Some people seem to be totally up PA teams ass and cant see the disadvantages about having automated bot planets in the game. The intent might be good, but the execution sucks.
I've done jumpgate scans in #transcendancy for people attacking 1:1 where the bot planet has been defended.

Little Joe Noob can attack a soft target with a little fleet and learn the motions, weather that be having his / her fleet smashed due to lack of preparation and learning for next time or landing successfully and daring to go bigger next time. As they progress and start going for bigger players they will obviously step up the game. It's part of any natural progression, the better your get (more score / whatever) the harder it's going to be.

You need to take your head out of your own little Planetarion wonderland you seem to live in and realise that these planets give new people something to practice on and develop the confidence to go after the bigger fish. With such a small user base it does give the rare new players something to go for that they normally would naturally have with a game population of 10k+.

While these planets could be interpreted as farms - bear in mind that they do get defended occasionally by the human element in 1:1 and the fact they are out of the bash limit of most of the serious player base, thus having zero effect on the outcome of the round. If they were all 600k with 700 'roids, then it would be a different matter.

Give it a chance, it seems to be working well

Unread 15 Nov 2007, 14:17   #37
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
I've done jumpgate scans in #transcendancy for people attacking 1:1 where the bot planet has been defended.

Little Joe Noob can attack a soft target with a little fleet and learn the motions, weather that be having his / her fleet smashed due to lack of preparation and learning for next time or landing successfully and daring to go bigger next time. As they progress and start going for bigger players they will obviously step up the game. It's part of any natural progression, the better your get (more score / whatever) the harder it's going to be.

You need to take your head out of your own little Planetarion wonderland you seem to live in and realise that these planets give new people something to practice on and develop the confidence to go after the bigger fish. With such a small user base it does give the rare new players something to go for that they normally would naturally have with a game population of 10k+.

While these planets could be interpreted as farms - bear in mind that they do get defended occasionally by the human element in 1:1 and the fact they are out of the bash limit of most of the serious player base, thus having zero effect on the outcome of the round. If they were all 600k with 700 'roids, then it would be a different matter.

Give it a chance, it seems to be working well

So why not tell little Joe Noob about this excellent oppourtunity then.

You seem to be very shifty, you think its an excellent option for the new player, but not telling the new player about this possibility is okay?

If you actually want someone to benefit from it, why not tell people about it?
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 14:23   #38
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
So why not tell little Joe Noob about this excellent oppourtunity then.

You seem to be very shifty, you think its an excellent option for the new player, but not telling the new player about this possibility is okay?

So they didn't make an announcement about it, big deal. From what I saw in various irc channels public and private, everyone seemed to notice and work out why they were there (their planet / ruler names kind of gave it away).

You seemed to have been one of the slowest to notice given how late after it happened your post came out

Unread 15 Nov 2007, 14:25   #39
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Seeing as the PA team is in their usual incompetent and moronic phase, I thought I would tell the community about the wast abundance of good targets in 1:1 at the moment. In about tick 180 (or so) there was added a wast number of planets in 1:1, some of which is a good target to attack for some free roids and free XP.

Why on earth nobody from the PA team bothered to tell anyone about this is beyond me, but now the news is out, so go and grab them roids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus
they were added at tick 119 and it's not like we could hide 15 planets suddenly appearing in our gal.
and from what the incs on them have been and the fact that ppl mentioned it straight away, i'm pretty sure they've been noticed
To be honest this post from Cin sums it up. Especially given how slow you were (and wrong).

Unread 15 Nov 2007, 17:38   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
And how do you know they are allianceless newbies?
Does it even matter? We should just go around closing everyone who hits allianceless newbies.

Besides, what is the problem here, really? A few people can hit a planet which is guaranteed not to get defence, kill some fleet, lose some fleet, and cap a few roids. They're not getting much in the way of XP, the planets are and stay too small for that. If they get fat off these planets, they'll get incs, just like the rest of us, and lose the roids, just like the rest of us. And then they can start over. Just like the rest of us.

For alliance players it's counterproductive to follow this tactic. They'll cap less roids and get less XP than they would if they hit around their own size (even when you keep the possibility of defence in mind). Furthermore, if they hit the bots, enemy alliances can send more attack fleets to the real targets, which in the end just costs you. So all that happens is that the universe gets a small injection of roids every night. Big deal.

Quote:
It would probably have been a good idea to have done that. But again, I don't see the big issue here. You're just kicking up a lot of fuss over nothing.
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 19:29   #41
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
alliance newbies have the opportunity to get defense, build ships to defend, and actually log into their planet, as they possess a pulse... those 1 1 farm planets do not
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 19:59   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'll defend one of them tonight just to prove you wrong. And in any case, this is a fairly useless discussion.
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 00:08   #43
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

same old idiots whining time and time again, honestly shut the hell up
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 01:07   #44
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
alliance newbies have the opportunity to get defense, build ships to defend, and actually log into their planet, as they possess a pulse... those 1 1 farm planets do not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me

Little Joe Noob can attack a soft target with a little fleet and learn the motions, weather that be having his / her fleet smashed due to lack of preparation and learning for next time or landing successfully and daring to go bigger next time. As they progress and start going for bigger players they will obviously step up the game.
Plus - these planets are created by and controled by senior admins, not having a large impact on the end game rankings nor be used as a biast to one particular planet / player. Thus equal and fair game to all.

Unread 16 Nov 2007, 01:27   #45
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

they are farms, in a game where farming is illegal... it is against the rules

they DO have an impact on the game as they allow players to gain roids from farms, instead of manned planets

you want to make faming legal, fine.. until then, these planets shouldn't be there
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 11:07   #46
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shut up.

Farming requires consent. There is no consent. Ergo, not farms.

(sentience is also required, which probably rules you out too)
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 12:38   #47
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Its not really any different from if I signed up - I'd have an account, I'd init some roids build a few ships - but I;d be so inactive as I can;t access the game for 70% of my waking hours that I'd get roided loads. I don;t want to loose my ships or roids, I'd love to build myself up to an ok planet, but at the same time I don;t really care as I'm not that active.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 13:31   #48
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Some of this more recent bout of complaints probably stems from the number of asteroids initiated. When I was updating a minor part of the ticker, I accidently disabled the bot update feature (which is run after the ticker has finished, by the ticker). When I re-enabled it, it showed a previously-unknown roid-initiation bug where some of the planets spent lots of resources on asteroids. As most of them had around 3 mil resources total, this ended up being quite a few roids. However, as the round progresses, the bots should be more steady, and build a fair amount of ships. Hopefully we can even add some sort of learning ability to allow them to stop incomings and defend each other, but this is not a definite.
This was as much an experiment as anything else, and we put them in 1:1 so we could keep them out of the way of all the other galaxies and see how they faired. Learning and adjustment can be taken from the experiences so far this round to improve them forthwith :-)
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 15:11   #49
furball

Personally I'm delighted that PA Team have decided to go ahead with the plans for bot planets, and wholeheartedly hope that it will be successful. If we can get working bot planets going then that will give the game a whole new edge. Long-term implementation will not be easy, as everyone realises, but as proof of concept I'm extremely pleased with developments.
Unread 16 Nov 2007, 15:32   #50
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Shut up.

Farming requires consent. There is no consent. Ergo, not farms.

(sentience is also required, which probably rules you out too)
blow me

there is consent, they are there, they are farms, created as farms, to be used as farms... the people hitting them know it, their creators know it, there lies your consent...