User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 14 Jun 2007, 08:38   #1
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about
Strange RL things you've done for PA

Topic says it all, what are some the stupid/silly things you've done in RL in order to do something in PA? I'll kick it off.

Twas the first week of R13 and I was determined not to miss any construction/research ticks during the first week. Only problem was that there was a drive from Cananda BC back to Seattle in which I had no i-net acces, so convinced my parents not to have a nice relaxed dinner out after hours of driving but instead picking something up along the way to make it back in time. So indeed we quickly picked up some food and drove on, intime for me to start next construction/research, do some dc'ing, only for there to a rollback a few hrs later making the entire endouver pointless (which I didn't tell my folks ofc )

Hardly getting any sleep for like a month during round 12 (we were fighting for #1 so, well, still stupid, but...... ok it was silly )
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!

Last edited by Orion Treet; 14 Jun 2007 at 09:29.
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 08:41   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Strange RL things you've done for PA

Stay awake for over 3 days because of a stupid beta test round. My (ex)girlfriend decided after that weekend to get the hell out of my house. Can't blame her
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 09:16   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

It must have been round 19 when I was landing on FeNiX. I was happily rolling on ETA4 and checked that it's through, and figured he'll I'll get wasted. So I left off (with the slight acknowledgement in my mind that I'll probably get fleetcaught) to a friend's for some starting up. So it was me, another bloke, two girls from our dept, and a third one from psych dept sitting the evening and drinking. Having sat, talked, and drunk (oh) a few hours, we decided to head off to a soul/reggae party downtown. At some stage really close to this MortalP phones me that I'm getting fleetcaught. I open IRC on mobile, and try sort things a bit in my drunkness.

So. The psych dept girl asks if the sociology girl (whom with I was going out with) likes sending SMS as I'm constantly typing on my phone.

Uh, yeah, erm, yeah.

It definately matched my "Send Satyr some defences while on a Tiesto live".

edit. Oh, it was the round during which I finally broke up with my 3-year-relationship, and it's now 8-9 months from it and I still feel the chills occasionally.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 10:20   #4
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

r21 costing me extra since usually on fridays I had to log in at an internet cafe.

Round prolly costed me £15 >.>

Hopefully never again.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 10:46   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

It was round 2 and I had just started a job in a hardware store. I had a computer at my salesdesk to write up agreements on etc, and I also used it to check Planetarion from time to time, the company had its usual summer party and we were all gathered getting drunk and eating good food on the company, sadly I decided to run down into the shop to check PA while being drunk. I forgot to turn of the computer after checking up on PA, and the day after when I got on work, all my co-workers were standing around my computer wondering where I had found that cool page in our sales program. Luckly nobody told my boss.
Unread 14 Jun 2007, 13:31   #6
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

round 4 (could be 5).
skipped (high) school for a week to dc. I already had a high amount of absent hours so this lead to being given a final warning (in march) that if I missed one more class in anything I'd fail my year (school ended mid-june, second to last year in norwegian high school).
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 02:52   #7
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

It was one round i slept on the floor next to my computer for 4 days, cus it was easier to wake up, check galaxy status, and go to bed again.
And as my bed was at the other part of the room, i found out it was smarter to sleep on the floor, so i didnt have to use so much time checking my planet.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 13:19   #8
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

back in r14'ish I fake-nicked in an alliance and invented a new story of my history so they didn't think it was me (tux).

i changed my sleeping patterns, work shifts, uni schedule and social life to pretend i was in a different timezone (said I was in Australia instead of England/USA).

Did this in order to play actively with an alliance/galaxy that i knew i'd have a lot of fun and a good chance to win in.

i even bought a second phone and had a sim card shipped from Australia to UK so that I had an australian SMS number for incommings.

was pretty ridiculous as I'd get a maximum of 3hrs sleep at a time - took me 3 weeks to get back into a normal pattern again. i so wish i hadn't done that

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 13:21   #9
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

woken up in the middle of the night
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 13:31   #10
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 18:23   #11
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
(to DC)

or... forgotten about eating on far too many ocassions due to PA stuff
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 18:42   #12
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is a lie, this man never sleeps.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 19:00   #13
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Gone to Germany and The Netherlands to visit fellow pa players..
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 19:11   #14
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

How about having to explain to my parents and g/f why I was going to a local pool hall to hang out with a 45 year old women (zip for those who remember her) I met on the internet to talk about a game we both played on the internet. My g/f (now wife) still gives me flak over that one from time to time.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 21:36   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I had a laptop on my spare bed. I'd wake up in the middle of the night, sitting on my bed with my laptop plugged into the phone socket on the other side of the room, launching ships and doing defence calls.
I figured it was easier than sneaking upstairs, as there was less chance of me being caught.

The one time I was caught ("were you up at 3am last night?") I managed to pass it off as needing to go to the toilet and "deciding to check my e-mail... for half an hour"
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 00:53   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When I used to live with Nef at university, one night I asked for defence by passing notes under his door. Needless to say he replied by putting a note under my door saying he had none

The other absurdity was at 7am at university when jesterina texted me in r12 that MiX was attacking me, I ran across Leicester in the freezing cold because i had no credit for my phone line. End result was me covering myself
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 01:59   #17
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

meeting about 300 players irl.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2007, 13:03   #18
nxtasy

nxtasy can only hope to improve

Dropped out of a year at college because of Round 4.

I don't regret it either, great days and met many good ppl during that time... and had one guy called "LX" constantly trying to steal my fleet when WaC went downhill. It was awesome.
nxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2007, 13:09   #19
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I overslept 3 exams in a row because I was up at 4 am frantically organising defence for an hour or so.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 18:27   #20
The Globe
Genieten in een Teug

The Globe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Gone to Germany and The Netherlands to visit fellow pa players..
without visiting me?
r1 - 17:23:6 [TFD]
r2 - 50:9:20 [TFD]
r3 - 21:24:17 [NOS]
r4 - 290:25:3 [Xanadu] {44: Might of Rome}
r5 - 28:16:24 [WPO] {58: Lothlórien}
r6 - 28:11:18 [Titans] {33: Honour & Loyalty}
r7 - 17:6:6 [Titans] {18: Honour & Loyalty}
r8 - 26:2:9 [Titans] {4: Grumpy Gits}
r9 - resting
r9.5 - 46:7:19 [LDK] {2: The 7 Deadly Sins}
r10 --> PLT r7 - 14:5:8 [OuZo] {1: Horny Roiders}
The Globe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 22:18   #21
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

If I told my RL mates I get up at 4/5 am to launch some numbers at another person I would never hear the end of it.
Unread 23 Jun 2007, 14:03   #22
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Globe
without visiting me?
I called you! But you didnt want to meet me!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote