User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Mar 2007, 14:54   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
We've not had an emo thread for a while

and I'm not going to give you one right now. What you will get instead is a request for assistance. It's all rather simple and void of any emotional breakdowns so sorry to disappoint you.

Basically, I am meeting this girl tomorrow and I would like ideas of what we can do. In all probability we shall be meeting in Cardiff though if you provide a good idea outside of this area that can be altered.

I have nothing to offer you in return except my gratitude and potentially a third-rate Dace-esque story.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2007, 14:58   #2
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: We've not had an emo thread for a while

Good luck.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2007, 15:04   #3
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

go ice skating.

you should both be rubbish and this will draw you together
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2007, 15:09   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not sure there is ice skating actually. I think they're doing something to the rink. I'll look into it.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 5 Mar 2007, 15:30   #5
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

There is an ice-rink down in the Bay as Cardiff Devils play there.

http://www.thecardiffdevils.com/arena.asp

has a rough guide on how to get there. Not really sure how close that is to the rest of the Bay, but if it isn't too far out then there should also be plenty of other stuff to do around there like in the Red Dragon centre, plenty of nice (cheapish) places to get food or coffee/drink.

http://www.cardiffbay.co.uk/whatson.html
Unread 5 Mar 2007, 15:34   #6
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Have a nice meal and a nice chat. Then go to some bars.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2007, 21:43   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
A meal is a terrible idea for a first date (although lots of people do it).

1. The meal might not be nice.
2. Who pays for it? You could be a gentleman and pay for the whole thing, but what if you don't like her that much after it?
3. Lots of girls don't like eating in front of people (and men too - I don't like it with people I'm meeting for the first time).
4. You're eating. While eating you can't talk.

I don't know much about Cardiff. Is there a nice area to walk around?

Meeting for drinks on a first date is ok if you both think of it as a date, otherwise go for coffee somewhere. It's less intimidating and the girl won't be worried about getting drunk.

Go for coffee/tea/hot chocolate somewhere. Then go for a walk in a NICE area with the idea being to find somewhere to go for drinks. Make sure the walk goes past a nice bar. Go in there. Hope the evening progresses well.
Unread 5 Mar 2007, 22:29   #8
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
Completly agree with what Tomkat said. I feel uncomfortable when eating, you don't know where to look, what t have, who pays, where do you go, how much do you spend. Don't get me wrong it is a great date later on but certainly not for the first one.

First Dates should always be fun.

If you get a first date she in general wants to get to know you.

So stay away from restaurants, cinemas, theatres, double dates, going out with friends.

Instead do something a bit different.

Some great dates I have done in the past are:

The Zoo. You just can't go wrong with the zoo, if the conversation is a bit dry there is always plenty to talk about and you can appear cool, calm and confident as well as cracking several jokes.

Ice Skating. As was mentioned earlier this is another great activity. If you are both shit, great you can both be crap together. You will also probably engage in a bit of unintential physical contact (I mean holding hands) which means she will be a bit more comfortable around you. If she is good then great just do what I do and get them to drag you around. Crack jokes, chat and then have a nice drink afterwards having a laugh.

The Aquarium. Much like the Zoo it is fun and interesting and will take her by surprise. It is just as fun and allows plenty of moments to have a chat and a joke or two. I really like the aquarium as the one in brum is half interactive stroking fish and shit. It's quite fun and you get to act like kids again!

Laser Quest. Never underestimate how competitive women can be. They love a bit of running around and getting hot and sweaty. I actually did this by chance with a girl, we were walking past and I persuaded her to go in (about a fiver for 15 minutes) we went in again and then spent the next couple of hours laughing, joking about how much fun we had.

Salsa Dancing. I am not sure whether you can dump this in the first date category as it has the potential of making you look a bit camp. She may get the wrong impression. However if she doesn't judge a book by it's cover it can be brilliant. Don't pretend to be good. Most women can dance, if they can't they can pick it up quite quickly so they see you as a little project. You have a dance, a laugh and then it leads onto going for a drink quite quickly. Not only that but Salsa dancing is often full of women, so you being in demand means she gets all territorial and wants to show that you are hers. Before she knows it she sees you as hers even though its only the first date.

What links all those above (and don't be limited to those, do something fun, interesting and different) is that it allows you to chat and laugh. If you are on the first date she is interested but she wants to test drive you. See if you can hold a conversation together and laugh.

But it's a two way process, I have been on dates before that have gone tits up. Not my fault, the girl was just boring as hell and so I didn't take it much further. I know I can hardly be picky, but you see you can. What's the point of dating someone who you don't enjoy the company of, regardless of their looks.

Have fun, also have a wash.
Unread 5 Mar 2007, 22:43   #9
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
A meal is a terrible idea for a first date (although lots of people do it).

1. The meal might not be nice.
If I told you how pathetic my diet was you would literally die.

Quote:
2. Who pays for it? You could be a gentleman and pay for the whole thing, but what if you don't like her that much after it?
I'm quite willing to take that risk. I just have to remember t not say something along the lines of 'For the cost of the meal I could have just hired a prostitute.'

Quote:
3. Lots of girls don't like eating in front of people (and men too - I don't like it with people I'm meeting for the first time).
I'm personally not too thrilled with the idea of eating.

Quote:
4. You're eating. While eating you can't talk.
that's a rather decent advantage of a meal I suppose, limits my ability to say bad things.

Quote:
I don't know much about Cardiff. Is there a nice area to walk around?
there is a park. I was thinking of this but the weather has turned horrendous and it is more than likely going to be pissing down.

Quote:
Meeting for drinks on a first date is ok if you both think of it as a date, otherwise go for coffee somewhere. It's less intimidating and the girl won't be worried about getting drunk.
I was planning on driving down to make the option of the Bay easier, so I wasn't planning on drinking. My car is crap though so I wasn't sure if I should take it.

Go for coffee/tea/hot chocolate somewhere. Then go for a walk in a NICE area with the idea being to find somewhere to go for drinks. Make sure the walk goes past a nice bar. Go in there. Hope the evening progresses well.[/quote]

Cardiff isn't very big. It's pretty much just one nice street with a loads of side streets which look like they belong in a Super-Hero film where the fair maiden finds herself in a state of peril and requires a hero with superpowers to rescue her.

Evening is not likely. If I drive, I can't drink. If I drink i have to get the 9:45 train home. We don't live each other so we're using Cardiff as a conveiniant meeting place.
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 01:04   #10
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You sell Cardiff short, the town center and Bay are both quite nice and there's a hell of a lot of good places to go for a drink/meal. If the weather was better I'd have suggested going to the castle and then going for a drink in the outside bit by St John's Church. Although since it's pretty wet at the moment I'd have to go with Adam's suggestion, go to the ice rink and then go to one of the bars/coffee shops in the Bay and watch the storm.

Also I'd get the train in rather than drive even if you do have to be back on the 9:45 train, if you go to a pub and don't drink she'll think you want to date rate her or something. Then you can get a taxi down to the Bay area then since they're only like a fiver.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 01:10   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Did you go to the Hawthorns two weeks ago Hicks? I got to ask him a question in the press conference, he seems like a top bloke.
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 01:25   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Nah I didn't, would have liked to but I'm working in London at the moment so away night games are pretty tough to get to without taking a day off work. Gave Brum a miss on Sunday too due to all the ridiculous travel restrictions, will hopefully get to QPR and Derby in the next few weeks, fingers cross we can hold it together and make the playoffs.

You doing sports journalism or something then ? Cool work if you can get it
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 02:05   #13
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Completly agree with what Tomkat said. I feel uncomfortable when eating, you don't know where to look, what t have, who pays, where do you go, how much do you spend. Don't get me wrong it is a great date later on but certainly not for the first one.

First Dates should always be fun.

If you get a first date she in general wants to get to know you.

So stay away from restaurants, cinemas, theatres, double dates, going out with friends.

Instead do something a bit different.

Some great dates I have done in the past are:

The Zoo. You just can't go wrong with the zoo, if the conversation is a bit dry there is always plenty to talk about and you can appear cool, calm and confident as well as cracking several jokes.

Ice Skating. As was mentioned earlier this is another great activity. If you are both shit, great you can both be crap together. You will also probably engage in a bit of unintential physical contact (I mean holding hands) which means she will be a bit more comfortable around you. If she is good then great just do what I do and get them to drag you around. Crack jokes, chat and then have a nice drink afterwards having a laugh.

The Aquarium. Much like the Zoo it is fun and interesting and will take her by surprise. It is just as fun and allows plenty of moments to have a chat and a joke or two. I really like the aquarium as the one in brum is half interactive stroking fish and shit. It's quite fun and you get to act like kids again!

Laser Quest. Never underestimate how competitive women can be. They love a bit of running around and getting hot and sweaty. I actually did this by chance with a girl, we were walking past and I persuaded her to go in (about a fiver for 15 minutes) we went in again and then spent the next couple of hours laughing, joking about how much fun we had.

Salsa Dancing. I am not sure whether you can dump this in the first date category as it has the potential of making you look a bit camp. She may get the wrong impression. However if she doesn't judge a book by it's cover it can be brilliant. Don't pretend to be good. Most women can dance, if they can't they can pick it up quite quickly so they see you as a little project. You have a dance, a laugh and then it leads onto going for a drink quite quickly. Not only that but Salsa dancing is often full of women, so you being in demand means she gets all territorial and wants to show that you are hers. Before she knows it she sees you as hers even though its only the first date.

What links all those above (and don't be limited to those, do something fun, interesting and different) is that it allows you to chat and laugh. If you are on the first date she is interested but she wants to test drive you. See if you can hold a conversation together and laugh.

But it's a two way process, I have been on dates before that have gone tits up. Not my fault, the girl was just boring as hell and so I didn't take it much further. I know I can hardly be picky, but you see you can. What's the point of dating someone who you don't enjoy the company of, regardless of their looks.

Have fun, also have a wash.
I actually printed this post.

I'm such a loser.

But it's a very good post.

Also, museums are a good idea too. Especially when I went to The Natural History Museum with this girl one time. Had the time of our lives.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2007, 17:01   #14
Montezuma
Aztec

Montezuma is an unknown quantity at this point

Full story, please.
Montezuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2007, 17:04   #15
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

im thinking getting down and dirty in the evolution of man display, like in that episode of friends
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote