User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 May 2008, 05:02   #1
mPulse
p3nguins Master Chief

mPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of light
Alliace Code

Heya folks!

Who would be up for releasing all their code for the next round? I'm on about all the def, inc, bc, scan, and webby code. The whole lot. Just to make things a little bit more interesting?

Think of it....

Little bit drunk right now, but the idea has been pondering in the back of my empty head for a while now.

I need to get permission from a few folks before I can release what I have.....but I thought I'd just throw it out there anyway.

mP
mPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2008, 05:04   #2
mPulse
p3nguins Master Chief

mPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliace Code

And yes, I know I spelt Alliance wrong, but I thought it was in keeping with my drunken state!

Ok thats no excuse, I mispelt it.
Unread 10 May 2008, 05:13   #3
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of
Re: Alliance Code

Every ally release their code? That would sure be interesting! Even if one did it would level the playing field a bit I suppose.
Unread 10 May 2008, 05:14   #4
mPulse
p3nguins Master Chief

Exactly! That's what I'm trying to get at!!!!
Unread 13 May 2008, 20:49   #5
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

You mean so that NoX dosn't need to use their "intel" officer with access to everyone's password to get access ?

Now they can just browse for weaknesses ?

Sounds good ! err not
Unread 13 May 2008, 21:34   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
You mean so that NoX dosn't need to use their "intel" officer with access to everyone's password to get access ?
No. He doesn't.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2008, 21:59   #7
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Can't you post count whore on GD mz? If you're going to tell someone they're wrong at least explain why.
Unread 13 May 2008, 23:03   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPulse
Heya folks!

Who would be up for releasing all their code for the next round? I'm on about all the def, inc, bc, scan, and webby code. The whole lot. Just to make things a little bit more interesting?

Think of it....

Little bit drunk right now, but the idea has been pondering in the back of my empty head for a while now.

I need to get permission from a few folks before I can release what I have.....but I thought I'd just throw it out there anyway.

mP
Though this may sound good, I doubt alot of ally coders will want to see their hard work they did for their alliance be used by everybody else...

Tech can make or brake your alliance and give an advantage on other allies.

If however there would be some standard tech availible for everyone (arby, bots, webby, ...) that would be under the supervision of pa-team, so we don't have people that can access everybody's stuff and get away with it, I would like it.
Especially for starting allies & training allies decent tech can be hard to find.

This however would require someone from pa to be competent and actually care about it. Wouldn't advise them making it also, just supervising it

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2008, 23:30   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney
Can't you post count whore on GD mz? If you're going to tell someone they're wrong at least explain why.
Let me spell it out for you:

1) person A says X
2) person B asks person A if he said Y
3) person C (that's me!) answers and says that A did not say Y.

What exactly do you want me to explain about that?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 13 May 2008, 23:55   #10
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

In general I'd love to stop shitting up the forums with your know-it-all attitude. Obviously that's not likely to happen so to start off with it'd be great if instead of just telling people they're wrong you could tell them why they're wrong. F.ex:

1. Person A says X
2. Person B asks person A if he said Y, clearly misunderstanding
3. Person C (that's you!) answers and says A did not say Y. Now this is the tricky part; He then goes on to explain what X actually meant.

Too difficult for you?

On topic: I don't think it'd make that much difference at all really. I doubt there's much difference between the top alliance tools in terms of functionality. I suppose it might help out the lesser allies a bit though. Either way, can't see it happening.
Unread 13 May 2008, 23:57   #11
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
No. He doesn't.
Doesn't make sense.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 08:13   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney
In general I'd love to stop shitting up the forums with your know-it-all attitude. Obviously that's not likely to happen so to start off with it'd be great if instead of just telling people they're wrong you could tell them why they're wrong.
I must have missed the requirement that all forum users are public servants.
Unread 14 May 2008, 08:53   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I must have missed the requirement that all forum users are public servants.
Its not a requirement, but it sure helps people's understanding, and might make the forums more interesting if people went to the minute effort of explaining themselves a bit more - at least there'll be a bit more discussion.

Plus, less trolling is good.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 09:00   #14
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Plus, less trolling is good.
Yes, and for once staying on topic in a thread wouldn't hurt too...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 12:35   #15
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPulse
Heya folks!

Think of it....

mP
I wont release it but i can offer to host it

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 20:35   #16
Anyone
Anyone

Anyone is an unknown quantity at this point

looking for 2/3 groups of 2-3 persons to test a mini arby I've made, pm in #ouzo if you want to help
Unread 14 May 2008, 22:03   #17
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Munin's also up for grabs somewhere on these forums. That is Ascendancy's god like bot.
Unread 14 May 2008, 22:28   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

"like"?
Unread 14 May 2008, 22:51   #19
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

furball/mz stop being pricks
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:00   #20
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys i came with a way to get a real advantage iver everyone else it's called a bot and it plkays the game for me who wants it i want to share
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:10   #21
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

just like we share your mum eh!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:42   #22
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Having code is not the issue theres enough half good stuff out there to make a stab a some decent tech, having somewhere to host an arbiter/bot and someone to maintain/run it is.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:49   #23
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

stoom you bring the level of this forum down, just like your asc pr team buddy mzajhgurth, it's a disgrace
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2008, 02:15   #24
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

It would be nice to see more code sharing, the amount of time spent by alliance techies reimplementing similar features over and over again probably runs into an insane amount of hours.

As someone who has done the whole alliance techie thing before, by the time you've added most of the features you tend to avoid improving the code. It's a lot of effort implementing all the features from scratch, making things look good and work well tends to go low on the priority list when your quick hacked up solution just works.

I'll see if I can fix up my old scanbot code to release. Not sure if anyone would find it useful, but someone might!
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2008, 21:36   #25
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire

Now they can just browse for weaknesses ?

Sounds good ! err not
You're a complete retard. I don't mean this as a troll, if you want to have an actual discussion about programmatic security, we can. But if you actually mean what you say in that post, you're a retard.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2008, 21:37   #26
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Munin's also up for grabs somewhere on these forums. That is Ascendancy's god like bot.
I keep meaning to update the code. My number 1 priority (which, to be fair, isn't very high) at the moment is to separate the most alliance specific stuff out of the core code and host the code on github or something.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote