User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:05   #1
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone from around kissimme florida?

my friends goin down to florida next week for 6 weeks, (i will be joining her for the last few weeks myself) and we are lookin for some hookups, someone who knows the area, feel free to send me a PM about it or whatever, thanks

Steve_G
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 21:45   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: anyone from around kissimme florida?

i know the area 'like teh back of meh hand' but unfortunately i wont be there. try deadmeat. he lived in jacksonville for awhile which is a mere 4 hour drive up the interstate \o/
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 22:32   #3
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jacksonville? Never been there.

Try Coral Springs, which is three hours south of Kissimme and about fifteen miles North-West of Fort Lauderdale.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 22:36   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i couldve sworn you were in jacksonville.

I have a cousin in ft lauderdale so ive passed signs for coral springs on the way to visit i think.

one day im going to pay you a visit.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 14:39   #5
Steve_G

ah well, thanks anyways i guess
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 14:56   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

out of curiosity where abouts in kissimmee?

Its a big place.

and also are you planning to 'do disney' because theres a fair few 'free' ways to enjoy the fireworks should you not want to pay but infact watch
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 17:10   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
one day im going to pay you a visit.
OMG JJ'S GOING TO KILL DM

Is it possible?
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 18:35   #8
JammyJim
Godfather

In Florida anything is possible.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 21:02   #9
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Infact recent legislation makes it easier than doing the dry-cleaning. All JJ would have to do is Stand His Ground.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 22:14   #10
Steve_G

honestly i havnt been filled in on the details yet of just where exactly in tehre, i know i was told to buy some 2 week pass for all/most of the parks...dunno if id do disney tho...universal ones are the ones to see from what i hear
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 22:59   #11
JammyJim
Godfather

Disney is not as crap as you might think. Infact its fairly ace. Universal is good too tho.

Get a 3 day hopper and jump around the parks. However you *must* go see the 9pm fireworks at Epcot in Disney. They are simply superb.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 23:09   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Disney is not as crap as you might think. Infact its fairly ace.

I went there when i was younger (i think i was 12).

I thought it was pretty shit.

I doubt my opinion will change much if i was to return.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:06   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

New and better rides dace.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:19   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
New and better rides dace. :(

Your maw!
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 03:14   #15
Steve_G

OI DACE

lo u sneaky bugger

ya i was told to try everything available to me at least once...its not really up to me as im going with my friends family, we go to the park with them, then do our thing and meet back at end of the day, anything else specific i should check out other then the fireworks
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 03:20   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_G
OI DACE

lo u sneaky bugger

ya i was told to try everything available to me at least once...its not really up to me as im going with my friends family, we go to the park with them, then do our thing and meet back at end of the day, anything else specific i should check out other then the fireworks
an hour spent in an english class would be better spent than an hour watching fireworks ...
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 10:58   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_G
OI DACE

lo u sneaky bugger

Epcot :
Mission to Mars is ace.
Test track if theres a massive queue is a waste of time and several hours.
The world showcase is an interesting look into how America percieves the world. Britain is especially hilarious. However there is a pub which does serve british beer so you may wish to go there straight away.
Theres various other rides which are quite good and some that are shockingly crap. It depends on what you want to go see.

MGM:
You have to go see the Indiana Jones show. Its ace if only for the music altho if you are going in summer make sure you sit underneath a fan and have water with you. It gets 'mighty hot' in there. (id guess about 10-15 degrees more than outside so you are talking around 110F)

Starwars simulator ftw
Tower of Terror is meant to be acetastic but the idea of being dropped 13 storeys never appealed to me so ive never gone on it

The show in the evening is also rather brilliant. "Fantastmic"

The Aerosmith rollercoaster is also meant to be good but we didnt go on it in favour of heading to the Lights/motors/action! Stunt show which was truly 'omg i wish i could drive like that'.
It doesnt run if it rains tho

Animal Kingdom :

The safari thing is quite cool and you do get to see some animals unlike most uk safari parks where they all just lie down and do nothing.

Dinosaur : This was actually ok. Not 'omg ive crapped myself' scary but ok.

Lion King show : IF you liked the film and enjoyed the music its well worth it.

Kali River Rapids : Only do it if you want to get wet. And by wet i mean potentially drenched from head to toe.

Downtown Disney (its free!)

The AMC theatre is ace when it pisses it down with rain. Although you may want to go off disney and away from the parks to a local cinema where prices are a tad cheaper. However its still relatively ok by UK standards and the seats are 'well comfy yo'

Do NOT eat here in any restaurant unless you want a bill that you cry tears of financial blood over.

Theres a pretty cool 'movie memrobilia' shop too which sounds a lot gayer than it really is.

Pleasure Island -

I quite liked this place. It has a fair few themed clubs all serving alcohol. Its a good night out if a little pricey. I pulled here within the first 20seconds of walking towards a club so the British accent goes far even with the locals \o/

Disney Boardwalk:

If you head right to the back of this theres a gate thing that lets you into Epcot through the world showcase (which is at the back of epcot). However the fireworks are over the worldshowcase which means that if you want to see them again or just dont want to pay head here. Walk to the back. Theres a bridge over a small water link between the two places. Stand in the middleish and wait for 9pm. You can see everything and even hear the announcer. All for free!

The ESPN bar is also 'ok'

Disney Hotels :

you might just want to get the monorail (monorail monorail monorail monorail monorail monorail) around all the hotels as each one is themed. The best by far is the Grand Floridian. Apart from the racial funny of seeing Black women dressed in traditional victorian clothing with umbrellas walking about every now and again its a rather magnificnent hotel. They also have little speedboats you can take out on the lake there which are quite cool if somewhat expensive.

Best restaurant to eat in in probably all of florida is located at the top of the Contemporary Resort hotel which is in the Magic Kingdom area. Its called "The California Grill" and it is simply superb for food. The view over all the parks is also somewhat spectacular.

Universal Studios:

Revenge of the Mummy : I loved this ride. You have to go on it.
Men in Black Alien attack : It was ok. You just go round in a two seater car thing and have a lasergun thing and have to shoot teh aliens. Its fun kinda

E.T. Adventure : If you like ET go on it. If you dont...dont bother.
Twister : Its kinda cool to see a tornado so close but controlled.

Terminator 2 3D - Go see this. Its amazing how well put together it is.
Jaws : Sit on the left hand side of the boat for teh best views and having your hair singed.

Earthquake : Its okish.

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure :

o.m.g...
The best park in the entire world for rollercoasters.

Just go on everything.

Sea World :

Whilst sounding immensly gay its something you are going to have to go see. If you go on the water ride (i cant remember its name) make sure you dont mind getting soaked. By Soaked i mean have a giant wave of filthy water wash straight over you.

THe Kraken rollercoaster is also pretty ace.

Kennedy Space Centre :

Try and see a launch. Whilst it sounds rather stupid and pointless it really isnt. Its something that will stay with me for a long time (esp as the launch i saw ended up in the entire crew dying on their way back home :/ )
The sheer power of the thing makes the ground rumble and the car shake from over a mile away. Its one of the most amazing feats of manmade engeineering ive ever seen.

The space centre itself is quite good if you are interested in space stuff. They have the entire Apollo rocket in one of the hangers which is just 'jesus christ' huge.

Florida Mall :

Its fairly cheap to eat in the food court and if you want to go shopping its 'ok'. However if you want better brands and a classier place travel all the way up I-4 past the universal studios exit. You will then see signs for 'Jesus Land' or something...actually it may be 'Holy Land Experience'. Take this exit and turn right. You should see signs for "Mall at Millenia". That has pricier stores but the whole place makes you think 'why in the hell dont they make malls like this in the uk'. Only words of warning are to leave before the rush hour times in the week. I4 turns to gridlock around 5ish for and everything will crawl. Theres no easy way back to the 192 either.

Plus you could go visit jesus in the holy land experience. Ive never been but its set in the time of christ and you can go on religious rides. Hurray for christian nuts!!

International Drive:

Theres a shit load of restaurants here. You may just want to drive up and down it and see what you like the look off. Tbh i dont like it much. The traffic moves like treacle and everywhere is rather expensive. The Olive garden is nice tho and brand new. The 'upside down house' is impressive to look at but ott price to get in (its opposite olive garden but you cant see it due to palm trees down the main road)

On 192 theres a macaroni grill should you like italian food and various other ones all around it catering to different tastes. Tbh the olive garden and macaroni grill are both really quite good considering they are a chain. The service has always been exceptional and the food is pretty good too.

Dont goto bennigans on International Drive. Dad had his card cloned there (we are almost 99% sure it was here).

If you are going to drive to the coast head to the west coast for warmer sea. Amazing sunsets and just a 'cleaner' feel to the place. Goto Miami if you can. Ocean drive is rather ace from what ive seen and heard.

Avoid buying Gas near Disney as it seems to always be more expensive by a good few cents per gallon. A good place is usually Racetrac which has an absolutely huge billboard advertising their prices just before (or after depending on whcih way you are travelling) a bridge.

Downtown Disney has the House of Blues. You may wish to grab an event guide whilst you goto the cinema or the virgin megastore as they have some acetastic bands playing and due to its tinyness the atmosphere is always pretty good.

Universal Citywalk is Universals direct copy of Downtown Disney. Its pretty ace tho and does have a hard rock cafe (downtown has planet hollywood). Both places have great atmosphere in the night.

If you do head to the west coast Sarasota is really quite nice but the St Pete's area is pretty good too.

Sanibel (which is around a 3 hour drive ish) on the west coast is a tiny little island that has some of the most amazing sunsets in the entire world. Im not alone in thinking this as seemingly its 'world famous' for them.

Also it may well pay to google for 'hidden disney exits'. THe road system once a park shuts can get pretty hectic. Depending on where you want to go there are several staff road exits that arnt listed on many maps or guidebooks. They are extremely useful for dodging traffic buildup.

Tbh i cant think of anything else but there is so much to do i doubt you will get bored.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 11:36   #18
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Epcot :
Sea World :

Whilst sounding immensly gay its something you are going to have to go see. If you go on the water ride (i cant remember its name) make sure you dont mind getting soaked. By Soaked i mean have a giant wave of filthy water wash straight over you.
I think it's Journey to Atlantis, was a good ride. Though likeyou said there is a good chance of getting soaked, I didn't but most people i was with did. generally so hot there though that you dry off quite quickly.

I would also advise going to Splash Mountain (I think it was in the Magic Kingdom) and Space Mountain.

Also the Disney waterparks made a great day out when I went, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach anyway. Didn't try the other one.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 12:40   #19
JammyJim
Godfather

Its not the big drop that soaked me. Afterwards it goes round a right hand corner and then over a tiny tiny dip. However because we were all at the ftonf othe boat and noone was in the back row the front dipped underneath the water creating this massive wave that basically washed straight over us.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 15:02   #20
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In Florida anything is possible.
I'd be in my apartment/house (depends when you arrive).

You would be an unknown visitor knocking on my door.

I will be in fear of my life because some shady youth would be outside my door with a riced-up Civic parked nearby, long shorts and a headband (I suspect).

I will be well within my rights to be 'in fear of my life' and be able to kill JJ in any way I please.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 16:26   #21
Steve_G

thanks for the very specific ideas, i will definately try to plan several days around it =)