User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jul 2003, 12:48   #51
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
For what its worth... ill be around, but due to the diminished community spirit, at least for me on a personal level , and the lack of what i would call a ' solid home ' , i doubt ill evolve myself much with the politics of RX , let alone hold membership to any given alliance.

Viva la [support] , taking your roids, one way or another since r3 .
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 18:29   #52
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
For what its worth... ill be around, but due to the diminished community spirit, at least for me on a personal level , and the lack of what i would call a ' solid home ' , i doubt ill evolve myself much with the politics of RX , let alone hold membership to any given alliance.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 18:45   #53
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Olympians

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
ofc.

Never change a winning side.
dont be so selfish, let some other ppl win to..
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:20   #54
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
The Planetarion community is an excuse. The global community for Planetarion is rubbish.
Try visiting some new places outside of your location, on a diffrent continent prehaps you might experiance something a bit diffrent and come to a diffrent oppinion of the 'global community for planetarion'.

you might be suprised.
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:33   #55
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Olympians

Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
ofc.

Never change a winning side.

I was hoping i could be in ur gal again

guess r9 scared you off ^^
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 21:45   #56
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Re: Re: Olympians

Quote:
Originally posted by das_experiment
I was hoping i could be in ur gal again

guess r9 scared you off ^^
I will be honoured to share a gal with you.

R9 has nothing to do with me retiring.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 22:31   #57
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
Try visiting some new places outside of your location, on a diffrent continent prehaps you might experiance something a bit diffrent and come to a diffrent oppinion of the 'global community for planetarion'.

you might be suprised.
I dislike a crowd going "boo hiss" thus stay out of the public limelight.

I have been to "new places" outside of Fury/Eclipse, mainly during the latter rounds. I am also impressed with Vision this round. (Lo inSain.) In general, noone likes a zealot Fury poking around and purposely try to incite fights.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2003, 22:53   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
The Planetarion community is an excuse. The global community for Planetarion is rubbish. I hardly interacted with anyone outside of Fury during my Fury command days. What you mean is that its communities you are personally involved in within Planetarion which tends to be alliance communities.

For me to say I play the game because I love the community would be wrong. If LDK fell off the face of the earth it wouldn't affect any decisions I take on whether to play or not. (LDK was an example.)
You just have an immensely biased viewpoint.

You're taking (AD)+(Large Alliances)=Community by the looks of it; of all the people I know on here, I think maybe 5 or 10 at most have come from my membership in an alliance or galaxy.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 00:02   #59
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
In general, noone likes a zealot Fury poking around and purposely try to incite fights.
whether he/she is poking or not doesn't make the difference to some pple

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 14:07   #60
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

I have been to "new places" outside of Fury/Eclipse, mainly during the latter rounds. I am also impressed with Vision this round. (Lo inSain.) In general, noone likes a zealot Fury poking around and purposely try to incite fights.

thx, trying to do our best

but generally ive to agree with you a bit :/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 15:24   #61
Bongdage
Giant Squid Wrestler

Bongdage is an unknown quantity at this point
i'll be playing, as long as the rest of F.E.A.R. are, if not then not too sure :/

and i never really got into the whole alliance = community thing, well yeah they were but alliances come and go, i have some far more rock solid groups of mates
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 16:46   #62
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Insert Eclipse/Fury/Wrath flame here !

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 17:38   #63
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point
I am 90% sure that I will not be playing Planetarion anymore after this round.
And 89% sure that EnTitY will not continue to operate as an alliance.

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 17:48   #64
Naris
Aesir [Founder]

Naris is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up re

Aesir Bg. will be around, I`ll personally stay as well, no reasons to quit a great game as planetarion \o/
Round 8 Plushlab,Adelante,Nos
Round 9.5 Aesir Hc.
Round 10. Aesir Hc.
Public Channel #Aesir {Guild of the "Blue Wheel alliance party"}
----------------------------------------
http://aesir.rizzo-online.com/
Naris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 19:49   #65
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: re

Quote:
Originally posted by Naris
Aesir Bg. will be around, I`ll personally stay as well, no reasons to quit a great game as planetarion \o/
You will continue as a BG next round? Will you use the ingame alliance system?

Same question applies to all 'BGs' (especially the Dragons 'BG').
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 20:00   #66
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: re

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
You will continue as a BG next round? Will you use the ingame alliance system?

Same question applies to all 'BGs' (especially the Dragons 'BG').
I dont think Dragons can use the ingame alliance system, as its only allow 150 members
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 21:33   #67
DeathwinG

DeathwinG is an unknown quantity at this point
I will more than likely play. My reasons for playing? I honestly don't know. It takes up too much time and it's a text based game for crying out loud. No graphics, music anything. Yet for some reason unbeknowest to me I find myself very addicted to this game. Plus it's going to cost 15 USD to play...another reason why I shouldn't play. Throw in the fact that they will be making drastic changes to it so I'm not very sure how all that is going to work out. I honestly don't see how Spinner and company can make PA mean more than just roids.. The game has always been about roids. But I'm eagerly anticipating what Spinner has up his sleeves. The only positive thing I can get out of PA is definatly the community. It's keeping the game alive. All in all the negatives seem to outweight the positives for me but I guess I'll give PA another chance.....PA must use subliminal messages within the text.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 21:40   #68
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be around in round 10 in one way, shape or form.
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 21:41   #69
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
As I have been stupid enough to buy the full package back in round 9, and as I bought another package for Dingo, I am certainly signing up a planet.

To get back into the community discussion (which I found a lot more interesting than a thread in which people can make yet another clueless 'I will play cause I rock' post):

Zhil is certainly right in what he says, Planetarion as it is, is filled with bitterness, backstabbing, cheating and bias. Once, intrigue, brilliant politics, a large player base and fun were the factors that made me determined to play, due to the complete lack of the first mentioned, the decision not to play is easily made. This, and the fact that the community I wanted to join, is not going to play Planetarion in round 10, will keep me from getting actively involved in PA X. The sole factor making me check up on this forum from time to time, is to check my pm box, where friends leave me messages.

I can see others, newer to the game, still finding 'friendship' in an online game enough reason to waste hours and hours, days and days, on a text based online game, but for me,sadly, after 9.5 rounds, it just isn't anymore. This does not mean I do not bid you all utmost fun in PA-X.

The only thing I can see saving Planetarion is a huge incentive of new players joining, and a equal amount of old players leaving this game. Someone ring me when (if ever) this happens...

But to get back on the 'friendship' explenation:

Someone answer me, how a 2 hour chat, with a person very distant to your present location, can possibly beat the experience of having a bbq with some close real life friends in the park, whilst getting extremely pissed?
Unread 16 Jul 2003, 21:49   #70
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut

Someone answer me, how a 2 hour chat, with a person very distant to your present location, can possibly beat the experience of having a bbq with some close real life friends in the park, whilst getting extremely pissed?

It cant

But you can try to combine it, something which is not at all impossible.
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 06:34   #71
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
As I have been stupid enough to buy the full package back in round 9, and as I bought another package for Dingo, I am certainly signing up a planet.

To get back into the community discussion (which I found a lot more interesting than a thread in which people can make yet another clueless 'I will play cause I rock' post):

Zhil is certainly right in what he says, Planetarion as it is, is filled with bitterness, backstabbing, cheating and bias. Once, intrigue, brilliant politics, a large player base and fun were the factors that made me determined to play, due to the complete lack of the first mentioned, the decision not to play is easily made. This, and the fact that the community I wanted to join, is not going to play Planetarion in round 10, will keep me from getting actively involved in PA X. The sole factor making me check up on this forum from time to time, is to check my pm box, where friends leave me messages.

I can see others, newer to the game, still finding 'friendship' in an online game enough reason to waste hours and hours, days and days, on a text based online game, but for me,sadly, after 9.5 rounds, it just isn't anymore. This does not mean I do not bid you all utmost fun in PA-X.

The only thing I can see saving Planetarion is a huge incentive of new players joining, and a equal amount of old players leaving this game. Someone ring me when (if ever) this happens...

But to get back on the 'friendship' explenation:

well, of course is a bbq with friends much greater than planetarion, i doubt anyone will doubt that. on the other hand pa was still fun, at least the rounds i played (from 3 to 9,5).

and i didnt think i lost anything of the nice sides of life. if anyone goes that far that he prefers a 2 hour chat on irc while he could have a fat bbq he should think about himself.

but thats not the point, tbh i dont know the point of this game anyways, its somehow amazing, maybe because its a mirror of reallife. people are backstabbing, lying trying to be cool etc. its all nearly the same.

its just that you dont have to face your opponent - people live out what they cant live out in reallife.

hm, did i write that ? lol, i hope its not like that, but for a small part of people its like that and those do all for winning. (in my humble opinion.)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:31   #72
Flame
[Illuminated]

Flame is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going to play round 10, with all these changes its gotta be worth ago
rnd 6 - NoS
rnd 7 - NoS
rnd 9.5 - NoS
rnd 10 - TBA
Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:48   #73
GA-Thrawn
TFD peon

GA-Thrawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Which alliances/who will be around for round 10?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
I don't think TFD will continue as an independent alliance. That could lead to some kind of wing or whatever form of organization required for us to play together and have fun. We are considering starting a more open community group (ingame aliance open to all community members and their friends). This could include a defence group, different wings and perhaps one or two small alliances.
r5 - TFD
r6 - TFD (& RedBull)
r7 - TFD
r8 - TFD
r9 - TFD
r9.5 - TFD
r10 - TFD
GA-Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 07:58   #74
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I was refering to new places outside of your physical home meeting some of theese people who you have labeled " rubbish" which you dont interact with thus how could you accuratly lable them rubbish, I'm quite happy with the people I've met and disagree with your labelling of my friends as rubbish.