User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 20:18   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Just a small tip for those finding 'the best fleet'

There is none, nor will there ever be, a good fleet is specialized in being a bit defensive while it is an overall roiding machine capable of stopping at least 1 or 2 pod classes. In combination with other races in your :

battlgroup/alliance/galaxy/cluster/whatever

You should be able to stop most incomings. There is no ultimate, like there is no point for a xan to build anti BS defence, just stick to your FI/CO and you'll be fine, like for a terran it is only 'decent' to build harpies, but you rarely use them in offence, a zik has many choices since he can go fi/co (if he has the vultures) or de/fr while his cruisers and battleships are nice for ingal (this is for most races). A cath should actually focus on CR+, or if you are social, FI/FR.

There is no ultimate fleet, you just try to limit the classes you use and if you have gaps in your defence make sure it is not vs. FI/CO since that is the hardest to cover.

Theamion out.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 22:08   #2
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
You didnt notice Strategy get more active since Newbie Help was closed?
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:07   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: Just a small tip for those finding 'the best fleet'

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
like there is no point for a xan to build anti BS defence
actually i've found myself looking for Xans with some broadswords to team up in attacks. large terrans ARE nasty...
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:54   #4
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Let me welcome mr State-the-obvious,-that-everyone-has-pointed -out-since-time-began* to the strategy forum...but really, was there a point to this?

*this may be an exaggeration
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 01:57   #5
Alexan Drite

Alexan Drite is an unknown quantity at this point
I disagree.

Bestest Fleet design:
Harpies+Drakes+Apods+Dragons. UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!11111
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 02:03   #6
thomas4
CHICKEN DIPPHAAAAZ

thomas4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexan Drite
I disagree.

Bestest Fleet design:
Harpies+Drakes+Apods+Dragons. UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!11111
Right.

You talking about best fleet on offense, defense, or both?

Coz you get -resources-wise- very little fleet for your resources with this kinda fleet. And where is your C sink? You left out Pegs...

And there is no real Fr killer either, since all you have is Harpy at T3. These are but a few comments, i could go on and on about you being fragile for Co-Ziks n Xans.... n even Terrans with Peg-Chim fleet.....

I honestly hope you were drunk while making that post....

Or stoned ofc....(etc)
R4: [30:21:11] n00b
R5: [31:24:10] TFD
R6: [04:02:06] Xylem
R7: [27:20:11] Lithyn
R8: [29:02:05] Lithyn \ Elysium
R9: [05:05:09] WolfPack \ Sapientia (while it lasted...)
R9.5: [XX:XX:XX] Enjoying random inactivity...

Ex-Lithyn [\] †
thomas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 02:09   #7
Alexan Drite

You seem to be having some difficulty with the concept. Let me explain. Terrans do not need to worry about such things as balance or resource sinks, their inherent supperiority will gaurentee victory in any battle.
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 02:21   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
You seem to be having some difficulty with the concept. Let me explain. Terrans do not need to worry about such things as balance or resource sinks, their inherent supperiority will gaurentee victory in any battle.
If this isn't a gimmick, then you're the most stupid person I have ever come across.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 02:39   #9
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
I apologise (sort-of ) to Mr. Theamion, as from the posts in this thread, it seems apparent a certain person does need reminding of the matter.
Though PM maybe?
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 04:11   #10
Alexan Drite

Why are you appologizing to him? He came to us and insulted us by making a blatent statement we had picked up months ago, as if we wern't smart enough to pick up that and he had to come point it out.

My message was to mock him, as some fleet compositions are obviously better then others. The sad thing is that you took me seriously.
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 05:21   #11
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Just a small tip for those finding 'the best fleet'

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
actually i've found myself looking for Xans with some broadswords to team up in attacks. large terrans ARE nasty...
What is a broadsword fs?=)
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:24   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
My message was to mock him, as some fleet compositions are obviously better then others. The sad thing is that you took me seriously.
This would be all well and good, if you hadn't been proposing that combination as the fleet to end all fleets in another thread, which, coupled with other things, lead us to believe you're an idiot rather than anything else.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:56   #13
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Quote:
Why are you appologizing to him? He came to us and insulted us by making a blatent statement we had picked up months ago, as if we wern't smart enough to pick up that and he had to come point it out.

He didn't insult me, speak for your self not others

Based on your posts, it really isn't clear that you had picked this up.

Your message wasn't to mock him, it was to do what you like doing- being annoying. And me take you seriously? heh
Gimmicks=bad, and should be contained the GD

"Up the Xandathrii!!!!!" and such like...
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 21:47   #14
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
You're one of the few gimmicks that can still make me 'lol'
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 23:00   #15
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Oingy Boingy

This post is equally, if not more, valid than anything Alexan Drite has ever posted.