User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 5 Jul 2018, 07:43   #1
Gabba
Insomnia still alive?

Gabba is an unknown quantity at this point
Cons

Let players tear down cons on their own planet and get like 20% of the orig cost in salvage from the con material. Then people can ex. Remove 10 res labs and get another 10 amps if they want it.

ViruS, Fang, Mistu, Insomnia, Destiny, CT, Rock, Urwins, Denial, Apprime, Rainbows, NewDawn, Norse
Gabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2018, 07:49   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cons

The vast majority of players never hits the cons limit, so they don't need to tear down buildings to make room.

For the few that do, that strategy encourages them to have a long-term plan, rather than just building what they want when they want, with no concern for the future. I think that's a good thing, and should not be removed.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2018, 07:53   #3
Gabba
Insomnia still alive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I like that you can't. It requires you to have a long-term plan, rather than just building what you want when you want, with no concern for the future.

You still need a plan. For most gov you don't got the time to build more cons. For tot and soc it meens that you can get those 10 extra dists/amps to the end. 10 extra refs/fc will not pay back if you get a lot of them from before

ViruS, Fang, Mistu, Insomnia, Destiny, CT, Rock, Urwins, Denial, Apprime, Rainbows, NewDawn, Norse
Unread 5 Jul 2018, 07:56   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

OK, so let's assume a few people build 10 more amps and dists... but how does that improve the game? It's just the exact same people blocking the exact same scanners, but with a few more amps and dists.

P.S. I have a bad habit of editing my posts after submitting them, sorry. :P
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 5 Jul 2018, 08:00   #5
Gabba
Insomnia still alive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
OK, so let's assume a few people build 10 more amps and dists... but how does that improve the game? It's just the exact same people blocking the exact same scanners, but with a few more amps and dists.

P.S. I have a bad habit of editing my posts after submitting them, sorry. :P

Just the oportunity will improve it. Just as selling ships. You can remove that one also then? As i see it. Selling ships benefits xp hunters to keep their value down.

Unread 5 Jul 2018, 08:24   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Games don't become more fun the more you're allowed to do, the fewer restrictions there are in place. Chess would be much worse if all your pieces could move like a queen and Counter-Strike would be worse if you could replace your gun midround. It's a good thing when a game encourages you to look beyond your immediate problem and requires you to predict and prevent future ones for optimal play. If your strategy involves building 300 structures, you should have to think very carefully which structures are worth building, and which are better skipped.

Your proposal replaces a long-term strategic decision with a short-term tactical one. From "if I build 3 more RLs at tick 100, I will probably not be immune to Pit's scans at tick 1100" to "it's tick 1100, I don't need these RLs any more, might as well replace them I guess". That's not an improvement.

I do think selling ships is fairly pointless, yes. I think even XP planets shouldn't use it, it's just bad strategy. Crash your value for XP, instead, in the normal course of play.