User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 May 2007, 17:45   #51
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of
Re: WAR pretty please!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Yey, I got a red dot for making this post !?

Anyway, why blame WP and CT for stagnation, why not blame the nr:3-7 alliances?

Would it be that hard for ..like say alliances 3, 5 and 6 to form some sort of coalition and hit either WP or CT?

Astonishing it is to see all these “fine” alliances (every round the same) doing nothing then just wait for someone else to take charge – preferable top 1-2.

Why not try to make a difference for once?

I did say this around 7-8 posts up. But not in detail. So yes i agree with this. Simple fact is every alliance can make a difference. So lets see it.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2007, 17:58   #52
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Would it be that hard for ..like say alliances 3, 5 and 6 to form some sort of coalition and hit either WP or CT?

Astonishing it is to see all these “fine” alliances (every round the same) doing nothing then just wait for someone else to take charge – preferable top 1-2.

That would certainly be fun, but they seem all busy trying to nick roids from Ascendancy.
Looks like we have to do something funny again
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:34   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Quoted for truth.
Did you realise the post you quoted actually included angels as one of those 3-7 alliances not really doing anything or did you just happen to miss that?
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:40   #54
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Because most of the 3-7 alliances aren't trying to win the round and just want to maximise their score. They know that a war wouldn't be as profitable for them as doing galraids and they're not usually contenders for the #1 position. The point of a war is not so much to increase your score as to decrease your opponent's.
Unread 3 May 2007, 18:56   #55
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Could be waiting for someone to make the first move, especially with the returning alliances. But unlike irl here I'm pro-war ;P.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2007, 20:57   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Because most of the 3-7 alliances aren't trying to win the round and just want to maximise their score. They know that a war wouldn't be as profitable for them as doing galraids and they're not usually contenders for the #1 position.
If they're not trying to win the round, then "profit" should not occupy their minds all that much.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 10:00   #57
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Because most of the 3-7 alliances aren't trying to win the round and just want to maximise their score. They know that a war wouldn't be as profitable for them as doing galraids and they're not usually contenders for the #1 position. The point of a war is not so much to increase your score as to decrease your opponent's.
And that's exactly what's wrong with this game.
Unread 4 May 2007, 13:46   #58
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Did you realise the post you quoted actually included angels as one of those 3-7 alliances not really doing anything or did you just happen to miss that?
I did. Angels included. Why should i exclude them?
Unread 4 May 2007, 14:43   #59
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

and plz tell me, what on earth do the 3-7 alliances (except for maybe angels) have to gain from hitting wp or ct?
1) Getting bashed by ct/wp
2) gain "respect" on AD
3) lose ranks & members who don't want to fight wars.
4) make some other ally #1

The reason i excluded angels is cause unlike some other 3-7 allies they have the members that can make an impact on the round, unlike some others (no disrespect meant to the others)

so the only thing they have to gain from it is "respect" from this forum...
That'll motivate people

Tbh I find it amusing that the "top allies" aren't hurting eachother one bit and the smaller allies get blamed for not hitting them.

Don't expect the little / medium guys to take out wp/ct for you, do it yourself ffs & grow some balls instead of turning this round into another galraid round.
Replace CT & WP with 1up & eXi and they would have been at eachothers throat by now, just unlucky that neither WP nor CT has the skill of 1up / eXi, they're just on top caus there isn't anyone better.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 15:00   #60
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

But the thing is the best part of this game comes from the challenges that come with war. If you lose it's a pain but people have to remember this is a game and loss happens even though I know some people are practically devastated when they lose ships and things but it's a passing thing.

A round of sitting and getting fat doesn't really do much tbh.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 15:34   #61
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
...neither WP nor CT has the skill of 1up / eXi, they're just on top caus there isn't anyone better.
you my son just hit the nail on the head

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2007, 15:54   #62
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

The way i see it:
The quality difference between eX+1up and the rest of the alliances was miles. The same can't be said for WP+CT. If they start fighting each other too soon, Angels can use it and get away with the round. So they will try to build a comfortable lead on angels and the rest before going at each other, knowing that the rest of the alliances are just a bunch of scavengers waiting for them to bleed each other so they can sneak and take some spoils for themselves.

Nobody expects the alliances 3-10 to start a war on either wp or ct. Likewise, nobody expects the alliances 3-10 to complain about wp and ct doing nothing when they themselves are doing nothing.
Unread 4 May 2007, 16:49   #63
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The point is that if you aren't Wolfpack, you actually benefit by doing something. The less you do, the more Wolfpack gains.
Unread 4 May 2007, 17:00   #64
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The way i see it:
The quality difference between eX+1up and the rest of the alliances was miles. The same can't be said for WP+CT.
The real difference between eX-1up and WP-CT isn't the quality of the members, or the quality of the alliance itself.
The difference is in faith, eX-1up firmly believed that they were the best alliance every round they played in.
Even when 1up lost to eX / Asc, they still believed they were the best alliance.
I forgot the exact round, but eX & 1up had a war till 1up was down to 7th or something & eX was 3rd, eX didn't give a flying **** that Newdawn & Angels i think passed them, that was only temporary, they knew that they were going to win eventually...

This is the attitude that wins wars & rounds, and it's something all current "top alliances" are lacking, they just hope to outgrow their oponents & won't go into conflict without being provoked.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 4 May 2007, 17:01   #65
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well at the moment no one is gonna outgrow Wolfpack given that roid lead and the fact they are outroiding everyone else. It's just fact.
Unread 4 May 2007, 21:09   #66
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Well at the moment no one is gonna outgrow Wolfpack given that roid lead and the fact they are outroiding everyone else. It's just fact.
CT took the roid lead two days ago, and WP regained it. Both CT and Angels outscored WP today even despite having capped much less. I'd say that at the moment, CT is quite confident in their ability to win a round with a late charge, and Angels are waiting for the moment to seize any chance that might be handed to them.
I think neither CT nor Angels will openly attack WP. Sure, there will be some minor skirmishes, but overall, all three top alliances will be cautious not to blow their chance at winning by risking open war.
But alliances outside the top 3 have much to win by hitting the top 3 alliances. The trick is finding how much you can annoy WP, CT and Angels before they declare war on your alliance
Unread 4 May 2007, 21:33   #67
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
CT took the roid lead two days ago, and WP regained it. Both CT and Angels outscored WP today even despite having capped much less. I'd say that at the moment, CT is quite confident in their ability to win a round with a late charge, and Angels are waiting for the moment to seize any chance that might be handed to them.
I think neither CT nor Angels will openly attack WP. Sure, there will be some minor skirmishes, but overall, all three top alliances will be cautious not to blow their chance at winning by risking open war.
But alliances outside the top 3 have much to win by hitting the top 3 alliances. The trick is finding how much you can annoy WP, CT and Angels before they declare war on your alliance
It's far easier to win if you eliminate contenders as opposed to let them exist.
Unread 4 May 2007, 21:53   #68
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
It's far easier to win if you eliminate contenders as opposed to let them exist.
But that would mean people would have to risk something ...
Unread 4 May 2007, 21:56   #69
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
But that would mean people would have to risk something ...
Well when your opposition aren't massively better than you, there's not much risk if you can put the logistics together and set them up the bomb.
Unread 4 May 2007, 23:17   #70
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
and plz tell me, what on earth do the 3-7 alliances (except for maybe angels) have to gain from hitting wp or ct?
1) Getting bashed by ct/wp
2) gain "respect" on AD
3) lose ranks & members who don't want to fight wars.
4) make some other ally #1
1) A 3 alliance block with only minimal attack co-operation would hold their own against either WP or CT easily. This game is much more a function of fleet slots than fleet size. It is appaling that most people still do not recognise this.

2) You seem to imply that this is a bad thing. Why?

3) Were I an alliance HC this would merely save me the trouble of kicking the useless fag. This isn't SimPlanet, anyone who doesn't want to fight or gives up easily is, by definition, a bad player and worthless to any alliance that actually thinks winning is desirable. Perhaps there aren't many of those though.

4) This kind of deluded begrudgery makes baby Jesus cry. In fact it is so awfully stupid that I'm kind of at a loss for words. I mean, do you not even realise that by doing nothing you are making them #1 by default? Surely in any world where the rule of common sense still applies it would be better to fight a losing battle than to sit around with one hand on your neighbours cock bleating the same miserable platitudes that have seemingly become mantras for excusing the lameness in recent rounds.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 00:14   #71
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

I was kinda dribbling with an answer to Veedeejem*s post but then came Achilles and “stole” my thunder with his excellent post!

Although some pointers need to be addressed:

1.This is a WARGAME (figure the rest out yourself)!
2. Most of the players in the “lower” ranked alliances want to join an alliance that aims for the top spot!
3. PA needs/wants/hopes for new tactics from the community (apart from those trying to win by tangle with the roles)

(be my guest to fill in the rest)
Unread 5 May 2007, 00:51   #72
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I find your comment slightly in err motox, most people in alliances abit lowerranked than top 5 come to the alliances because they like playing with that group of people. Sure some players will always want more, but most of mine atleast are happy where they are.

Oh, and also, Id like to support whomever it was that commented that going to war for an alliance below top 5 is more or less to no benefit at all for that alliance.
Unread 5 May 2007, 06:25   #73
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
1) A 3 alliance block with only minimal attack co-operation would hold their own against either WP or CT easily. This game is much more a function of fleet slots than fleet size. It is appaling that most people still do not recognise this.

4) This kind of deluded begrudgery makes baby Jesus cry. In fact it is so awfully stupid that I'm kind of at a loss for words. I mean, do you not even realise that by doing nothing you are making them #1 by default? Surely in any world where the rule of common sense still applies it would be better to fight a losing battle than to sit around with one hand on your neighbours cock bleating the same miserable platitudes that have seemingly become mantras for excusing the lameness in recent rounds.
I disagree with these two points.
1. I don't think a single alliance outside the top 3 can withstand 3-4 nights of WP or CT planet targetting without starting to crumble.
4. Fighting battles you can't win is stupid. If you are going to start a war, you should at least have a small chance of winning. Alliances are limited by the quality / commitment of their members. You can't expect an alliance like tof (for example) to start a war against CT or WP just because if they don't they are making WP or CT #1 by default.
Of course, in my opinion, the best course of action for the alliances outside the top 3 is to hit CT, WP and Angels as much as they can without risking open war.
Unread 5 May 2007, 09:37   #74
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
1. I don't think a single alliance outside the top 3 can withstand 3-4 nights of WP or CT planet targetting without starting to crumble.
Why not? Let us examine the situation of a 3 alliance block between 3-4-6. The most likely response from #1 alliance would be to start hitting #3 alliance with everything they have. The pressure these kind of alliances (CT at least, I have no real knowledge of WP or its command) is very intense. It will hurt. But if your long term goal is to bash a top tier alliance out of the Top10 or open a 2:1 score gap (I would see these as realistic and obtainable goals) then you have to expect some attrition. Ultimately it must be remembered that #1 alliance is under three times as much pressure as #3. In simple terms it is analogous to a galaxy being triple booked. If #3 alliance caves first in this situation there is something seriously wrong.

Quote:
4. Fighting battles you can't win is stupid. If you are going to start a war, you should at least have a small chance of winning. Alliances are limited by the quality / commitment of their members. You can't expect an alliance like tof (for example) to start a war against CT or WP just because if they don't they are making WP or CT #1 by default.
Why don't you read what I write before replying? I would never expect any of the lower placed alliances to take on the big dog by themselves. I specifically stated a block of three alliances. And I believe a block of three alliances that wasn't managed by total incompetents would have an excellent chance of winning. Even if you incorrectly believe this to be optimistic you surely must recognise that they at least have a chance? This means the only correct decision is to try. Any other action is allowing #1 an uncontested victory. Which in a game where pretty much everyone cares about their score is pretty retarded.

Quote:
Of course, in my opinion, the best course of action for the alliances outside the top 3 is to hit CT, WP and Angels as much as they can without risking open war.
This is as gutless as it is useless. You state above that even targetting the #1 alliance directly these guys have no chance of winning. Please tell me how in the name of all holy **** are they supposed to manage it by sending a few fleets their way every night? Jesus Christ man, grow a pair.
Unread 5 May 2007, 10:11   #75
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

We in CT are to scared to hit WP & they are to scared to hit us
So, we made an agreement:

We don't hit anything in top50 (that could result in us loosing ship), and we only launch on galaxies ranked 50 > with 7-9 waves.

By doing this, we are showing our 1337ness!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 12:20   #76
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Well when your opposition aren't massively better than you, there's not much risk if you can put the logistics together and set them up the bomb.
Conversely, when you aren't much better than your opposition, the risk of losing the round is much higher.
The way i see it, CT and WP are on par, but if they start hitting each other until one of them is eliminated, angels will gain the lead, and neither CT nor WP will be able to fight and win a second war.
But we already had this situation last round, and i still can't see a way to break the deadlock. But it worked for CT, didn't it, so why wouldn't it work again this time with the same tactics.
Unread 5 May 2007, 12:23   #77
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
But we already had this situation last round, and i still can't see a way to break the deadlock. But it worked for CT, didn't it, so why wouldn't it work again this time with the same tactics.
Realistically I'm not sure that your (collective top three alliances) odds are any better this way than just pulling a name out of a hat.
Unread 5 May 2007, 12:23   #78
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:

2) You seem to imply that this is a bad thing. Why?

3) Were I an alliance HC this would merely save me the trouble of kicking the useless fag. This isn't SimPlanet, anyone who doesn't want to fight or gives up easily is, by definition, a bad player and worthless to any alliance that actually thinks winning is desirable. Perhaps there aren't many of those though.

1) a 3 alliances block made of alliances all outside t3 would crack pretty soon, remember the Escape, Subh & xVx. Subh & xVx let Escape die when it was no longer profitable for them. In the long run most alliance hc's that aren't hc of a top alliance lack the willpower to fight a war the entire round.

2) Respect on AD counts for nothing ingame

3) For a not top alliance, members that are willing to stick with you round after round are hard to find, if you go to war and lose day after day, alot of people won't come back the next round. So they chose to look after their members & keep them happy, which usually means not going to war.
Also, most of the alliances out of t3 aren't in it to win, they're there to have fun & train people who will eventually move on to a top alliance, or stay caus they like the people in the ally.

4) Why go to war if there's no chance in hell that your alliance will win, when there are other alliances who can go to war with wp (read CT) and come out on top?
If a smaller alliance (or even 2) go to war with WP, then CT will come up on top anyway without having to make an effort for it.
You may have a point that by doing nothing they are making them #1, but it isn't their responsability to interfear there, that's the responsability of the other alliances that want to win (CT, Angels)

But lets get one thing straight, I would want to see a PA with more wars too, but people shouldn't be looking at the small/medium alliances to take down #1.
Also if people want to see more wars, they should ask pa-team to find a way to make wars more profitable, caus atm you only lose more then you gain by fighting wars (unless you really outclass your oponent)

Unread 5 May 2007, 12:34   #79
Heartless

Quote:
Also if people want to see more wars, they should ask pa-team to find a way to make wars more profitable, caus atm you only lose more then you gain by fighting wars (unless you really outclass your oponent)
I have to say something on this point, because it seems lately people are trying to play that as a card for not doing shit. This is a value round, just like the old pa always. Now tell me why in old pa people did fight heavy wars but refuse to do it now? I can only come up with decreased player quality, i.e. mainly chickens are left and nobody with a pair of balls. War is profitabe in its own way, since you eliminate your opposition. If one opponent less is considered far less profitable than doing gal raids and hoping that you outroid your opposition then I can't help those people, but it's totally wrong.

When I set the "score must be war-rewarding" constraint in my suggested score changes it was mainly so that even newer / lower ranked / less active alliances can find an incentive to go to war. With the system we have now, it will be rewarding for top alliances already.
Unread 5 May 2007, 14:48   #80
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Also, most of the alliances out of t3 aren't in it to win, they're there to have fun & train people who will eventually move on to a top alliance, or stay caus they like the people in the ally.
And why do you think, do people leave alliances which are not playing for the win, in favour of alliances which are?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 14:49   #81
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Do any of the alliances ranked 4 -10 actually have anything against WP winning a round?

Its a different victor from last so its not turning game into 1 ally dominating and were not playing for a flagship planet etc. Were just active experienced players good at roiding so why should alliances 4-10 choose to hit WP over CT and Angels (who im sure all AD will agree most people dont want to see win)
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 15:07   #82
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't use the word "dominating" tbh. If the round continues like it is atm, sure some alliance will win like it did last round, but domination is on quite a different (and higher) level.

And if other contenders want to win they have to challange the (current) #1 or take out the other competition first, which isn't happening either. If alliances 4-10 would hit CT or Angels it would only increase WP's lead (assuming they hit CT or Angels properly) and thus ensure a relatively easy victory for WP without them having to do anything themselves. I assume it would be considered fun by 'everyone' to have a round where the #1 is constantly challanged by those below it, and when beated down the presure shifts to the new #1 untill at the end one stays on top and wins. A gal raiding victory isn't really any fun to watch from the sidelines in that sense.
Unread 5 May 2007, 16:15   #83
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
1) a 3 alliances block made of alliances all outside t3 would crack pretty soon, remember the Escape, Subh & xVx. Subh & xVx let Escape die when it was no longer profitable for them. In the long run most alliance hc's that aren't hc of a top alliance lack the willpower to fight a war the entire round.

2) Respect on AD counts for nothing ingame

3) For a not top alliance, members that are willing to stick with you round after round are hard to find, if you go to war and lose day after day, alot of people won't come back the next round. So they chose to look after their members & keep them happy, which usually means not going to war.

4) Why go to war if there's no chance in hell that your alliance will win, when there are other alliances who can go to war with wp (read CT) and come out on top?
If a smaller alliance (or even 2) go to war with WP, then CT will come up on top anyway without having to make an effort for it.
You may have a point that by doing nothing they are making them #1, but it isn't their responsability to interfear there, that's the responsability of the other alliances that want to win (CT, Angels)

But lets get one thing straight, I would want to see a PA with more wars too, but people shouldn't be looking at the small/medium alliances to take down #1.
1) It saddens me that this has been remembered incorrectly. In that particular round (the last 1up/eXi conflict) it was Subh who screwed over the other 2 (primarily xVx) by agreeing on a strategy, booking targets and subsequently not launching even 1 fleet. If Subh hadn't been such useless, snivelling cowards then the block may have held together and eXi would have faced an actual challenge.

2) Fair enough. You'll also find that doing nothing ingame counts for nothing too though...

3) Trust me, membership changes in the successful alliances round by round aswell so this is not an excuse. You should also consider those members you lose, your best and bravest, who leave every round because your alliance lacks even the ambition to fight, much less win. Your strategy seems to revolve around building a mediocre playing base and then idling out the round with apolitical galraiding. I'm sorry man, but no amount of excuses could ever make this seem other than it is. Lame.

4) To use your example, why not approach CT and make common cause to knock down WP. There is no reason you can't later turn around and attempt to use what's left of WP plus the other block members to take down CT. HC's really need to stop thinking in terms of the next few hundred roids and take a look at the big picture. Long term goals are essential to success on any level, even one as trivial as PA.

Last edited by Achilles; 5 May 2007 at 16:36.
Unread 5 May 2007, 16:48   #84
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Do any of the alliances ranked 4 -10 actually have anything against WP winning a round?
I guess, if anyone had anything against Wolfpack winning the round, it would have to do with the blatantly rude amount of planets they've got circling around.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2007, 18:36   #85
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
1) It saddens me that this has been remembered incorrectly. In that particular round (the last 1up/eXi conflict) it was Subh who screwed over the other 2 (primarily xVx) by agreeing on a strategy, booking targets and subsequently not launching even 1 fleet. If Subh hadn't been such useless, snivelling cowards then the block may have held together and eXi would have faced an actual challenge.

2) Fair enough. You'll also find that doing nothing ingame counts for nothing too though...

3) Trust me, membership changes in the successful alliances round by round aswell so this is not an excuse. You should also consider those members you lose, your best and bravest, who leave every round because your alliance lacks even the ambition to fight, much less win. Your strategy seems to revolve around building a mediocre playing base and then idling out the round with apolitical galraiding. I'm sorry man, but no amount of excuses could ever make this seem other than it is. Lame.

4) To use your example, why not approach CT and make common cause to knock down WP. There is no reason you can't later turn around and attempt to use what's left of WP plus the other block members to take down CT. HC's really need to stop thinking in terms of the next few hundred roids and take a look at the big picture. Long term goals are essential to success on any level, even one as trivial as PA.
1) I don't think we're talking about the same round/incident, I'm talking about xVx, Subh & Escape going to war with Omen, Omen seemed dead, xVx & Subh backed off and it resulted in Omen completly tearing Escape inside out.
You're talking about 1up, xVx & Subh plan to hit eXi, Subh never launched though, this resulted in eXi hitting xVx hard & 1up holding a deep grudge against Subh.

2) You got a good point there.

3) Even if an alliance showed ambition to turn into a top alliance alot of people would still leave for a top alliance simply because they're top.

4) I don't really see your point there. Why hit WP first & then team up with them to hit CT?
This will only caus them to swap #1 around and getting your alliance involved in 2 wars, wouldn't it be better then just to pick a side & stick with it?
Also, if you hit WP together wit CT, i doubt WP will want to work with you to hit CT, they'll find another flak alliance then.

btw: i agree with you on many things, but that would be in an ideal PA, unfortunatly not every1 has the insights and ambition you have to do make an impact in this game, it's a shame really caus it could be alot more fun if everybody stopped being scared of eachother.

PS: all my posts in this topic have been my personal views and do not represent the alliance i'm in.

Unread 5 May 2007, 19:55   #86
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough

A suggestion !!!

I have seen this in other Online Games

To encourage wars there should be a system in the game for alliances to officially declare war on an other.

EG: Alliance A delcares war on Alliance B EG: For the captuer of 1000 roids or the kill of 4mil in value of ships

Alliance A in their declaration of war states thier objective EG: The roid capture are value kill as above.

Alliance A must acheive this in a certain amount of ticks or Alliance B wins that war.

On winning or defending the war a prize would be given to each alliance member EG: Resources or in game alliance score.

The harder the challenge put out the higher the prize.

Rules: Bash limits of challenges between alliances eg: Alliance Ranked 1 cant hit Alliance ranked a certain value/size etc below it.

Chanllenges can be refused but a list would be seen by all in game of all challenges.

I do think this would work and change the game a little and the politics.

As i said just an idea ........

Fine tweaks etc etc etc

Last edited by BADA; 5 May 2007 at 20:02.
BADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2007, 07:59   #87
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Move to suggestions forum! I like it.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 22:35   #88
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant say im realy into PA anymore since i made a account 2 days ago to check out things since ive stopped playing wow.

This situation reminds me alot of the Legion-Fury one in round 2 or 3.

There was a 3rd alliance wich was about 80% of the two others but they were roided to death after a group of members was taken in cheating. (well they were closed and the rest who didnt cheat was robbed)

Legion and Fury ended the round by hammering each others but no one else could realy do anything against them and they had all the top 100 galaxies. Would not suprise me if this is the way it would end but atleast they will be enemies next round and the round will be fun. =)

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2007, 23:33   #89
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

RB dying in r3 or was it 2? i think you are refering to. I was there and took in 2-3 gals into TGV when RB toppled.
Unread 15 May 2007, 01:24   #90
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

r3

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2007, 03:01   #91
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
RB dying in r3 or was it 2? i think you are refering to. I was there and took in 2-3 gals into TGV when RB toppled.
Yep forgot to mention Reborn =)

And for thoose who didnt know NoS actually existed during round 3 already just hidden withing most of the players banners. (they were currently legion) Legion members of cluster 18 but recruited more and more people and suddenly from people outside the cluster. =)

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote