User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 Apr 2007, 08:55   #1
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
Successful alliance arrogance

Quote:
Why do you guys always have 5+ waves. Perhaps you might try hitting more than one galaxy a night. Just a suggestion. After all, that's what the big boy alliances do.
ROCK recieved this message from a planet in a galaxy we've hit recently, to me it sums up a lot that is wrong with this game, particularly peoples attitude and opinions of other alliances.

The comment stinks of arrogance, something that i think is the main cause of an ever shrinking player-base. Then again perhaps this is just a knee-jerk reaction to the stress of a mass of incomings.
But what i think it really boils down to is the fact that some alliances are just seen as, well, crap in the eyes of members of other, more successful, alliances. Perhaps people need to start judging alliances not on the success they have in the game but also on their positive affect on the game community. Lets face it, without the range of smaller less successful alliances that prop up the top6-7 each round the game would soon become rather dull. Discuss.

(Just for the record, no we didnt 5+ wave their galaxy, we only send 2 waves, occationally 3 - morning JGPs show that the galaxy was obviously hit by more than 1 alliance). Yes sometimes we only hit 1 galaxy a night, most often though we hit two, and we really don't care if we're doing or not doing what the big boys do.)

Last edited by furball; 20 Apr 2007 at 09:13. Reason: fixed horrible font....because it's horrible.
DJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 10:47   #2
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Successful alliance arrogance

There is basicly two things you can do: ignore it knowing it isn't true (would be best), or raise an issue that can never be resolved on AD.

Whether you agree or not, there will always be players who regard other alliances as being shit based on game performance (after all that is what makes top alliances). If you enjoy the way you are playing, why would you care about that? A game after all is meant to be fun, some ppl have fun playing at the top, others have fun playing with friends and not caring all to much about their rank. You cannot force people to change their judgement or the criteria they use to rank alliance from great to utterly shit, we all have different opinions on what we consider great play and shit play and you simply have to accept that. I don't see the attitude (or arrogance) displayed as wrong, it can actually spice the game up a bit, creating enemies and such for interesting politics.
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 11:10   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet

(Just for the record, no we didnt 5+ wave their galaxy, we only send 2 waves, occationally 3 - morning JGPs show that the galaxy was obviously hit by more than 1 alliance). Yes sometimes we only hit 1 galaxy a night, most often though we hit two, and we really don't care if we're doing or not doing what the big boys do.)

I heard that ROCK bites the heads of chickens too, is that true?

ROCK is one of few the alliances left that has their integrity in order. I would never believe that ROCK does something like this.
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 11:14   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well then if you know he's wrong why are here on AD complaining. As a moderator giving friendly advice this thread was a touch unwise, as I think you can be more self assured than this. You'll get wankers in any game you play, not just planetarion.
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 11:21   #5
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Turkeys actually Kargool

lokken, i know what these forums are like i read them everyday and tbh the quality of discussion has been low for ages now, thought it could use something thats not directly targetted a specfic alliances actions, but more at the divide between alliances in general. Its not really a whine or anything, just happened that this message appeared while i was trying to think of a topic that might stimulate a bit of debate outside the usual "Dear Angels" level of posting on here.
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 11:49   #6
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Last round a lot of the 'big boy' alliances would hit my gal with that many waves then simply deny it afterwards. Alliances usually do 3 waves then 4-5 is just overflow (for a gal raid that is).

So you should have dispensed some ROCK retribution and sent 7 waves at that gal for bad sportsmanship .

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 13:23   #7
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Turkeys actually Kargool

lokken, i know what these forums are like i read them everyday and tbh the quality of discussion has been low for ages now, thought it could use something thats not directly targetted a specfic alliances actions, but more at the divide between alliances in general. Its not really a whine or anything, just happened that this message appeared while i was trying to think of a topic that might stimulate a bit of debate outside the usual "Dear Angels" level of posting on here.
The quality of Alliance Discussions is often very similar to the quality of action and play in game. For the record, i generally don't use the ingame messaging system unless I'm bored and feel like baiting a target who has been mailing me some rubbish or it's someone i know as I feel silence is the best policy.

I think you can be more efficient than 3 waves on one galaxy right now, but who am I to dictate military tactics, when i am anything but a military tactician.
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 23:22   #8
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
ROCK is one of few the alliances left that has their integrity in order. I would never believe that ROCK does something like this.
This made me actually laugh
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 23:34   #9
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

Actually I have a good guess here on who could have written that.
bad rock
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 05:11   #10
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Intel on Rock coords falling from the skies..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 08:18   #11
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

... must be those pesky Angels...

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 09:02   #12
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

actually I meant I have a good guess on who wrote this mail, not the one who wrote the thread
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 10:17   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

4-5 waves is nothing, i got 9 on my ass right now
and no i'm not joking, i really have 9! \o/

Time to init some roids tonight me thinks

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 10:38   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I blame ROCK.
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 10:45   #15
GrandAdm Thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!

Time to init some roids tonight me thinks
"these are the days my friend, the days that never end..." - comes to mind

just stick to it mate and pay them back
Unread 21 Apr 2007, 17:34   #16
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
well since 90% of us have not even bothered fake nicking i dont think intel on us is hard to come by

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2007, 15:39   #17
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
I think Rock gave up many rounds ago hiding. They play more for fun these days so there isnt any need to hide their coords with fake nicks etc. And gl to them.

And i agree with the origonal post. Some of the top alliances dont give the lower ranked ones enough respect. And it anoys me. Ill admit i was once one of them. But now, i have said this for the past 4-5 rounds. Any alliance can make an impact in PA. If it means winning, or just doing a suicide attack which prevents a planet/gal winning the top spot. You should never take anything away from an alliance becuase of its size.

Rock for example is one of the longest played alliances in PA history and is still reffered to as a 'noob' alliance. I remmember when ROCK was once allied to such alliances as Xanadu and ViruS. Now they play for fun, and i couldnt blame them as i mentioned above. Gl to any alliance below top 10 you keep playing for enjoyment, and in your own ways im sure you make impacts in this game.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2007, 21:35   #18
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
But what i think it really boils down to is the fact that some alliances are just seen as, well, crap in the eyes of members of other, more successful, alliances.
That is so true. I remember in R15 I was in TGV and someone mistaked me for Treveler on IRC, so this person asked what alliance I was in and I said TGV and then he replied "Oh, your just a noob, nevermind." I was judged totally on what alliance I was in. The way I see it this attitude by the "Big Boys" is not going to change anytime soon and the players must feel the same way.

How do you recruit for a 1up, eXilition, or another top alliance by not striving for #1? Having fun is great and the competition is what makes this game so much fun. Each round only has 1 player, 1 galaxy, and 1 alliance as a winner. We cannot all be winners but if we are not trying then what is the point?
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2007, 06:38   #19
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

wait.. youre not Treveler!?!?
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2007, 06:54   #20
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

rshit is back! rshit is back!

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote