User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Dec 2006, 04:46   #51
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Victuri te Salutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Well, they did earn the right to gloat at us for beating us the way they did. They were better than us. But not by as far as people think. For instance, if FO hadn't lost Satyr, Rasputin, darts and IsNoGoOd out of tag (all top 100), we wouldn't have been far behind now. And if eXilition switched fire to us, ND would have had a chance to win. And of course the other way around.

And some parts of that log did make me laugh, though it's full of unecessary mockery. Thanks for making me laugh guys.
being picky, but you are forgetting xaliber and keizari who both played substantial part of the round in omen. they both only went down in ranks once they left iirc
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 06:58   #52
Mista

Mista is an unknown quantity at this point

With this sort of comradery its a wonder PA doesn't grow its player base every round.. I mean clearly this is what teh noobs look forward to.
Mista is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 07:35   #53
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised at how much exilition mocked ND, when the strong mock those weaker than them its a bit unseemly and it wasnt like everyone didnt know ND was going to lose fleet before the conflict even started. That said, it didnt bother me in the slightest. Thats partly because I never suicided any fleet and had 2 exilition members suicide thier fleets on my planet, but mostly because you cant take trash talk seriously.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 11:20   #54
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
I was surprised at how much exilition mocked ND, when the strong mock those weaker than them its a bit unseemly
I wasn't. Saw it coming along with ND's first feeble steps towards round win. The way they trashed that extra time so conveniently suddenly in their pockets, well, u just have to admit it was kinda tad hilarious.
Tho I have to add here, most mocking I saw was fleetbased and mostly earned by ND since most eX have too much pride shufflin it down their throats over teh AD.
Quote:
and it wasnt like everyone didnt know ND was going to lose fleet before the conflict even started.
Think this was already established in r19 predictions.
Quote:
That said, it didnt bother me in the slightest. Thats partly because I never suicided any fleet and had 2 exilition members suicide thier fleets on my planet, but mostly because you cant take trash talk seriously.
I imagine u being more of a house guest than core ND'er just by pretending not to know ur past nor seeing ur planet from close distance most of the round.

That said, thx for letting me stay with the glx tho I wouldn't have blamed if u went for exile seeing how shit my planet was when I joined.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 15:54   #55
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
I was surprised at how much exilition mocked ND, when the strong mock those weaker than them its a bit unseemly and it wasnt like everyone didnt know ND was going to lose fleet before the conflict even started. That said, it didnt bother me in the slightest. Thats partly because I never suicided any fleet and had 2 exilition members suicide thier fleets on my planet, but mostly because you cant take trash talk seriously.
The mocking wasn't on a personal basis. One of the factors of warfare is to demoralize your enemy. If you can do it by fleetnames stating the enemy crashs a lot, you can often times make the enemy feel bad about their team/alliance.

When Homer says "D'oh!" and slaps himself in the forehead from his own mistakes, it's completely suitable to follow up with Nelson's, "ah HA!"

Edit: <3 M0shy
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21

Last edited by NitinA; 11 Dec 2006 at 18:11.
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 17:31   #56
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
The mocking wasn't on a personal basis. One of the factors of warfare is to demoralize your enemy. If you can do it by fleetnames stating the enemy crashs a lot, you can often times make the enemy feel bad about their team/alliance.

When Homer says "D'oh!" and slaps himself in the forehead from his own mistakes, it's completely suitable to follow up with a Bart Simpson, "ah HA!"
come on n00b, "ha ha" is nelson not bart
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 17:36   #57
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Thats partly because I never suicided any fleet and had 2 exilition members suicide thier fleets on my planet, but mostly because you cant take trash talk seriously.
You aren't a true NDer then Germania. No wonder you're leaving next round! :newdawn:
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 18:58   #58
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA

When Homer says "D'oh!" and slaps himself in the forehead from his own mistakes, it's completely suitable to follow up with Nelson's, "ah HA!"

Edit: <3 M0shy
this thread is about the log with mactanzu tho

I found the fleetnames remarkable witty (for coming from eXi) actually, I never knew you had a sense of humor
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 19:29   #59
Kuener
Autobot

Kuener has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Sigh who takes macfagzu serirously anyway? -_-
Not Many Anymore
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 21:14   #60
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.planetarion.com/columns.php?a=article&id=299

:crymeariver:
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 13:26   #61
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Hmm bit disapointed by mac on that log.. i mean ex won.. so what no need to rub it in to that degree >,< i mean sure abit of gentle teasing is always fun but just random flame.. seems abit over the top..

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 13:41   #62
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

I've had some conversations with MacT....and I found him to be intelligent, and well knowledgable of the game, and never saw this side of him in those conversations allthough I know it exists. It's a cockiness that a lot of people in gaming communities possess. The thrill of the kill etc. It's the rush you get from winning, others may handle the rush in different manners. He probably went overboard, and it was in my opinion a bit over the top. Possibly something he may want to check himself on in the future. Ofcourse end of the day, he's the only one who can determine what he feels is over the top and what isn't, as I'm quite sure what other people think are not at the top of his priority list.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 19:28   #63
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

Hes like that all the time. Cocky and doesnt care about anything but his own self. I personally dont care for him but had to tolerate his assness all round.
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 22:31   #64
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I quite like Mac, he goes over the top a little, but if I were in Barrow's position, I'd take it as banter and reply in the same manner.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 00:27   #65
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

What i dont get is why this is posted in the first place. Isnt what is said in PM suppost to stay in PM? isnt that the whole concept of the P in PM. I think it disgraceful that pig feels the need to paste this on the forums in an attempt to downplay an alliance.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 01:22   #66
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
What i dont get is why this is posted in the first place. Isnt what is said in PM suppost to stay in PM? isnt that the whole concept of the P in PM. I think it disgraceful that pig feels the need to paste this on the forums in an attempt to downplay an alliance.
Anything and everything has been exploited on AD over the last 6 years, I don't think that pig's thread is particularly notable or special in this respect.

Besides, MacTAnzu probably lost any right he did have to the conversations being kept private when he started slating ND.
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 01:37   #67
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Anything and everything has been exploited on AD over the last 6 years, I don't think that pig's thread is particularly notable or special in this respect.
That doesn't mean this is "right", or "good".

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Besides, MacTAnzu probably lost any right he did have to the conversations being kept private when he started slating ND.
Making this thread and the logs public is really only to stoop down to his level, if you consider slating people to be bad.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 02:03   #68
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I really don't care either way. It provided a novel topic of conversation on AD when the forum was in danger of going dry at the end of the round, so I'm not going to instantly condemn it. In some ways it was a good thing it was posted.
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 10:13   #69
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What i dont get is why this is posted in the first place.
The reason I posted it was because I felt members of this great community need to know how the alliance who win treat it's "enemy". Not everyone in this community is in the know. Not everyone has access to an arbiter. There would be I would say circa 50 posters active on AD (if that) and there is what circa 2000 players? Now lets say the top 5 alliances count for the players in the know (this is streching it a bit as peons in various alliances won't know much) then you are left with 500 players in the know. That is 10% of them who post here. Some people get there information on alliances and what is going on in the game. I am not going to bullshit anyone. Make someone appear nice when they aren't. I want to make the community aware of the actions of the HC of an alliance it has allowed to win. There is nothing wrong with it. I was the first to applaud eXilition when they won. But the manner in which they took the victory was in my opinion nothing short of disgraceful and shamful.

Quote:
Isnt what is said in PM suppost to stay in PM? isnt that the whole concept of the P in PM.
Sorry the rules of the internet, section 7.2 regarding IRC must of gone missing in between your house and my house. Forgive me for not knowing the rule that we all must keep PMs private, that part escaped me (Whats the punishment?). I mean me making stuff said in a pm public. As if anyone has ever done such a thing. PM or no PM if you are acting like a twat it doesn't matter.

Quote:
I think it disgraceful that pig feels the need to paste this on the forums in an attempt to downplay an alliance.
Feel disgraceful all you want. I am merely showing this magnificent community the truth, something eXilition have had trouble with doing. I have tried to downplay an individual. If Mactanzu is the eXilition alliance I feel sorely for the members of eXilition. I have congratulated eXilition on the win, heck I even predicted it before the start of the round.

However what is actually disgraceful in this whole episode is Mactanzu. Like it or not, but that is disgraceful behavior. I have no gripes with posting this, and I will happily post something again when I believe someone or something is out of order.

I also believe in the ethos of AD.

I stated at the start of the round that I wanted drama, conversation amongst the ruins, controversy and information. Many agreed with me. They felt like myself that AD needs to be juicy and interesting. I don't agree with the eXilition ethos of "stay quiet, they might not notice us". I enjoy the art of conversing and making people aware what the reality is of the game at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Making this thread and the logs public is really only to stoop down to his level, if you consider slating people to be bad.
I completly disagree. Stooping down to his level would be to win a round and then pm the HC and members of the alliance you have just spent two months battling with and mocking them and trying to humiliate them.

I would take my pie and eat it. Not throw it back in there face.

As I have already stated, I am merely showing the community the other side of a HC of the winning alliance.
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 11:47   #70
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

As I have already stated, I am merely showing the community the other side of a HC of the winning alliance.
I hear that Ed Bradley died, maybe you should get a job in 60 minutes.
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 16:33   #71
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Isnt what is said in PM suppost to stay in PM? isnt that the whole concept of the P in PM. I think it disgraceful that pig feels the need to paste this on the forums in an attempt to downplay an alliance.
I think its privacy is determined by who receives it (if you don't want it known, don't act like a dickhead, as then there is no incentive for the recipient to be courteous towards you and maintain the privacy).

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 17:56   #72
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Sorry the rules of the internet, section 7.2 regarding IRC must of gone missing in between your house and my house. Forgive me for not knowing the rule that we all must keep PMs private, that part escaped me (Whats the punishment?). I mean me making stuff said in a pm public. As if anyone has ever done such a thing. PM or no PM if you are acting like a twat it doesn't matter.
Its called a private message. its not that hard to comprehend. trying to turn it into a joke doesnt make any difference in that a private message in essence is private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
The reason I posted it was because I felt members of this great community need to know how the alliance who win treat it's "enemy".
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I have tried to downplay an individual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I don't agree with the eXilition ethos of "stay quiet, they might not notice us".
As the best of my knowledge btwmc stoom lizardking nitina hude hk yggdra nameless etc are pretty active posters on the forums and have made and replied in several post regarding eXilition and/or the rounds politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I enjoy the art of conversing and making people aware what the reality is of the game at the moment.
Right. Because theres no such thing as propaganda.

Unread 15 Dec 2006, 18:00   #73
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
I think its privacy is determined by who receives it (if you don't want it known, don't act like a dickhead, as then there is no incentive for the recipient to be courteous towards you and maintain the privacy).
I feel that when you are in a private conversation with someone there is a reason why it is private. Regardless of what is being said in that PM it should stay private unless both parties agree to make it public (or unless you can realisitically assume that both parties would agree). If i were to tell qebab for example that i facy his little brother, i would be quite unhappily surprised if the entire community would be aware of that fact the day after.

Unread 15 Dec 2006, 18:40   #74
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
I feel that when you are in a private conversation with someone there is a reason why it is private. Regardless of what is being said in that PM it should stay private unless both parties agree to make it public (or unless you can realisitically assume that both parties would agree). If i were to tell qebab for example that i facy his little brother, i would be quite unhappily surprised if the entire community would be aware of that fact the day after.

I presume you havent used these forums for many rounds? And just incase you dont understand why i said that, it is becuase nearly every round we see a log being pasted on these forums from either a pm or a private channel. Nothing new their.

And i beleive somone said this already above, but the way Mac acted bassicaly ended the right to keep it private. I also saw the end of round ceromony, the disrespect the Exi HC shown toward ND was also a disgrace, never mind this. And pig thank you for the title of this thread btw, it reminds me of an allianice and community i was part of where we honoured the alliances we had wars with.

Keeping a pm private can also be used on the basis of 'honour' as of course you trust them to keep it private. How ever, based on the fact Mac couldnt manage to even say 'thank you for a hard last few weeks' and instead of course starts mocking the alliance that to me added some flavour to the last 2 weeks of the round meant as somone said he thrown away the right for his pm to remain private.

But this isnt just about Mac. Its about the PA community as a whole. Their is no longer any respect at all for alliance oppositions. It is quite sad.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 19:03   #75
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
I presume you havent used these forums for many rounds? And just incase you dont understand why i said that, it is becuase nearly every round we see a log being pasted on these forums from either a pm or a private channel. Nothing new there.
Just because others do it doesnt make it right. I have been on this forum for several years but that doesnt stop me from trying to stop the morale decline in this community. just like you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzzz
Its about the PA community as a whole. Their is no longer any respect at all for alliance oppositions. It is quite sad.

Unread 15 Dec 2006, 19:18   #76
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i don't think anyone doubts the integrity of this statement pig!
He'd take your pie and eat it too
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 19:21   #77
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is an asinine argument. If I started randomly whispering abuse in someone's ear during a conversation I wouldn't have a right to feel hard done by if what I said was made public. Equally pig stop pretending to be such a ****ing carebear. It's horribly transparent.
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 19:24   #78
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In that particular example, I'd like to think you wouldn't trust qebab and you wouldn't PM him again. Perhaps that was Barrow's hidden agenda to stop MacTAnzu pming him?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 20:38   #79
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat
I don't see why trashtalking and taking the piss out of each other is such a bad thing anyway.

We aren't kids - if someone comes along and insults me or similar then I'll return the favour.

[...]

Who cares about sore winners and bad losers? A bit of friendly insulting doesn't hurt anyone.

Stop taking the internet so seriously guys
While I agree with this statement, I personally wouldn't have responded the same way Mac did to those arguements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
If Mactanzu is the eXilition alliance I feel sorely for the members of eXilition.
If you think Mactanzu is eXilition, then I feel sorry for you. eXilition is and has always been a team effort orchastrated by a team, never by 1 indvidual pulling the weight. There's various departments--as I'm sure you're aware how most alliances are structured. In the HC channel of eXilition, there's a lot of dicussion on a daily basis. Each person is expected to do what they signed up for. This includes military, defence, intel, politics, internal, etc. Politics is the external branch of any alliance that is the main diplomatic force in the game (for instance, it's how ND nap'd out quite a chunk of the top 10 in the last weeks of round 19). Mac was handling (along with Cartman to a lesser extent) 95% of the politics during round 19--a change for us from the round 13/15/18 political HCs (bwtmc/Kaifux). Mactanzu also did military on a semi-regular basis, which was mainly handled by Cyzada during round 19. His contributions during round 19 to eX are worthy of praise--from an internal standpoint of the amount of effort he put into it. That's my opinion on Mactanzu and his and what I've seen.

Now, on a more personal note. Ask Mac if he or I every got along. Mactanzu and I are (more or less) polar opposites who would go raging on in the HC channel arguing null points and insulting each other on a regular basis. While that may be true, when it came down to things that needed attending all the trashtalk was set aside, and what needed to be done, got done. Mac's style is very different from mine, radically so. But his skills in organization and orchastration of alliance affairs contribute a lot to what you do. Some of the people with the worst mouths in the community are skilled* (playing and meta-game stuff). Don't beleive me? Check out AD!

Anyway, back on topic--Actions speak louder than words. Mac's actions showed me that he was a skilled HC who contributed an enormous amount of effort for his alliance. Mac's words showed me he had an ego to match his contributions.

-NitinA

* If you can call it that. The only "skill" required to play PA now days is math for the login questions.
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 21:16   #80
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
I also saw the end of round ceromony, the disrespect the Exi HC shown toward ND was also a disgrace, never mind this.
Ok ive read through it twice now, and still ahve nfi what ur talking about.
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 21:51   #81
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Ok ive read through it twice now, and still ahve nfi what ur talking about.
Right ill show you of some examples. I of course was not playing so im happy to apologise if my intel is incorrect. But here is the lines if i were an ND HC i would take offence at. First:

<+[eX]bwtmc> although we talked to a lot of alliances, we didn't really have any close relationships with any

From the forums all round all i saw was ND reciving abuse for being 'napped' with Exi. Was this then a lie compared to that comment above? Their were no organised attacks with them? You didnt speak about who you were hitting with them and avoiding each other?

<+[eX]Cartman> ye well concidering our lead in value.. (we always play by value) it gave us alot
<+[eX]Cartman> ND and FO did well
<+[eX]Cartman> but not well enough
<+[eX]Cartman> eX spirit is hard to break down

Now, Cartman i have respect for. He actually gave respect to both alliances. I take back my comment regarding all of exi HC.

<+[eX]MacTAnzu> About that, FO especially qebab was hard opponent. We struggled for almost week just hitting them and no one else was hard one to 'kill'
<+[eX]MacTAnzu> Gj [FO] guys and thnx for ruining my rl for last weeks

Now, this is a prime example of Mac again. When Cartman spoke of FO and ND for example he praised them both. Where is ND's praise? They were part of the group hitting exi till the last tick. All they got was of course the log which started this thread off to begin with. Lucky them.

<+[eX]bwtmc> the incs dropped a lot towards the very end as well
<+[eX]bwtmc> as FO's priorities changed and ND's military power diminished

Finally that was the last line. FO got a decent reason for of course not hitting exil hard, where as ND again in my eyes got insulted. If i were a BC working in an alliance organizing attacks against an alliance that i was at war with, and then they say that in their end of round speech i would be really anoyed. So ill take back my statement about being a total disgrace, as Cartman shown enough honour to mention both alliances hitting them in a respectful manor. Where as mac decided to not mention the one alliance it worked with at all, and bwtmc acted like ND didnt exist. Thats my point.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 22:10   #82
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

We didn't have a "close" relationship with ND. If you want to consider close relationships, check out WP/HR r13, 1up/ND r14(was it?), or eX/Subh r15, Angels/ToF/VsN r19 (vsn bc's being in angels channels, etc.), or quite a lot of other alliances throughout rounds. Throughout the last two rounds (r18/19) eXilition had no close relationships with any alliances. The distinguishing line is drawn between being allied or NAP'd. Allied means your goals are aligned for the entire round, whereas NAP'd means you're goals are temporarily aligned. There was never enough trust between ND and eX to disclose a full coord-list, or was there any joint member channel at any point. VsN, for instance, had BCs in private Angels chans. I'm not saying ND are untrustworthy, but rather that a full coord exchange never happened, just illustrating how "closely" aligned we were.

As for ND, their military power did diminish. The first day we hit ND, their average value dropped -90k on *average*--so we had larger teamups hitting less planets, and towards the end the amount of ND fleets hitting us diminished aswell. ND do deserve praise. Their political skills and thinking were execellent based upon perceived threats. They do have some wonderful BCs--barrow comes to mind when considering assignments--and they have a great community. What they didn't have (not an insult, just a fact) was a large military capability capable of fighting eXilition. What FO had that ND didnt: not nearly as many fleet crashs and better coverage based on efficiency and fleet size. So no insult to ND, but the harder opponents to fight was FO based on their combined capbility to fight us militarily.

In any case, who cares what's said at the EoRC. The winners are allowed to make comments for a reason--to say whatever they want. Sure you can criticize it all you want, but who cares. Each person who contributed to their respective alliances should get praise from their own alliance, and know to themselves what they did mattered for their alliance.
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 22:13   #83
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Also it might be due to the early termination of the nap between ND and eXi.

But don't listen to me I'm not sober and also still full of joy for being mentioned twice in the end of round ceremony. One of the highlights of my life! Too bad I overslept by 7 hours and couldn't be there.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 22:19   #84
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

hmm i think this thread is sort of going off topic here wouldnt you all agree

And Nitina where is my praise? :/ Myself and duck were running most of the attacks for ND last round.. I DEMAND PRAISE! (thats a joke by the way based on the last 2 posts above for people who do not have a sense of humour) Now i respect that post by Nitina above, and i do agree with most of it. Although, the line regarding hitting us the first nite, correct. We took heavy damage completly with the first nite of you guys hitting us. Although (which probably wasnt a wise decsion as you obviously saw last round ) was the fact we wanted to concentrate on attacks and more or less stopped organising defence. So it was a choice, which i agree looking now was wrong. Perhaps if we hadnt done this we might have put up more of a fight in the defence department. Just thought id come on and post.

Anyway. Thanx to nitina for the post above. Made a lot of sense. Will.. youve sort of taken this thread of topic. So lets not post again?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 23:24   #85
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Myself and duck were running most of the attacks for ND last round..
this probably shouldn't have been announced in public for all to see to be honest
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 23:39   #86
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

<[eX]MacTAnzu> i'm quitting after the round
<[eX]MacTAnzu> but i'll be back once in a while
<[eX]MacTAnzu> to see
<[eX]MacTAnzu> how u manage to loose next round
<[eX]MacTAnzu>

well theres light at the end of tunnel :-)

RESPECT TO Barrow for a calm head during a baiting session ..... mind u hes been around a few years and watched idiots come and idiots go :-)
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 23:40   #87
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
this probably shouldn't have been announced in public for all to see to be honest
I presume you didnt read the joke bit at the end of the sentence? Thought you had a sense of humour jer :/

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2006, 23:42   #88
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

oh i read it, i still wouldn't mention it
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2006, 15:46   #89
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
<[eX]MacTAnzu> i'm quitting after the round
<[eX]MacTAnzu> but i'll be back once in a while
<[eX]MacTAnzu> to see
<[eX]MacTAnzu> how u manage to loose next round
<[eX]MacTAnzu>

well theres light at the end of tunnel :-)

RESPECT TO Barrow for a calm head during a baiting session ..... mind u hes been around a few years and watched idiots come and idiots go :-)
Im sure you remember from my time in Howling Rain that im not the easiest person to get on with all the time, I also have a habbit of saying inapropriately blunt things occasionally. No-one has a perfect character.

I would like to think I did an awful lot of good during my time in HR, even during a period when I was trying to limit the amount of responsability I took on. Any alliance would be lucky to have MacTAnzu around, hes an awesome force when he sets his mind to something and one of the best friends to have when things get tough.

Lets not judge someone on a few extracts from IRC conversations!

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2006, 20:08   #90
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
Im sure you remember from my time in Howling Rain that im not the easiest person to get on with all the time, I also have a habbit of saying inapropriately blunt things occasionally. No-one has a perfect character.

I would like to think I did an awful lot of good during my time in HR, even during a period when I was trying to limit the amount of responsability I took on. Any alliance would be lucky to have MacTAnzu around, hes an awesome force when he sets his mind to something and one of the best friends to have when things get tough.

I'm glad you gave us some insight about your time in HR, in this otherwise totally seperate discussion that doesn't have the slightest bit to do with you.
Unread 16 Dec 2006, 20:15   #91
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
I'm glad you gave us some insight about your time in HR, in this otherwise totally seperate discussion that doesn't have the slightest bit to do with you.
He was adressing Mistawraith you cock.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2006, 20:47   #92
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

so we should judge him on the whole thing instead? It's just as good
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2006, 17:04   #93
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
If you are too ****ing stupid to comprehend my posts do not reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
so we should judge him on the whole thing instead? It's just as good
Or perhaps on other conversations he has had with a mixture of people and from personal experiences with him. You cannot judge someone from a handful of IRC logs.

Unread 17 Dec 2006, 20:30   #94
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

Quote:
If you are too ****ing stupid to comprehend my posts do not reply.
Oh I understood alright, you using something totally unrelated to yourself in a way to stroke your own ego online isn't something anybody can misunderstand.
Unread 17 Dec 2006, 23:42   #95
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
stuff about him being a very nice person
Absolutely! and I'm sure the guy heard muttering racist slurs at the group of asian guys who later came back with crowbars and a baseball bat was a very nice person who I'd love to get to know. (This was at a work shift about a week ago)

Oh, and the idiot bus driver who refused to let a woman get on the bus because she was native. I'm sure that person is also worth getting to know. (on my way home from work yesterday)

Just a few random comments and whatnot. Doesn't make a difference at all what kind of person they are, right?

By your logic?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 00:39   #96
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Absolutely! and I'm sure the guy heard muttering racist slurs at the group of asian guys who later came back with crowbars and a baseball bat was a very nice person who I'd love to get to know. (This was at a work shift about a week ago)
Oh, and the idiot bus driver who refused to let a woman get on the bus because she was native. I'm sure that person is also worth getting to know. (on my way home from work yesterday)

Just a few random comments and whatnot. Doesn't make a difference at all what kind of person they are, right?

By your logic?
Lets not go over the top with comparisons. There is a difference between racially motivated abuse (wether verbal or in some other form) and the baiting/mocking of a fellow competitor in a game.

What MacTAnzu did in those IRC logs is hardly anything serious and he is not like that all the time. Its simple propoganda, making a mountain out of a mole hill.

My example was an attempt to remind people that no-one, including themselves, is perfect. We all make mistakes and all do things we regret later. These do not make us bad people, just human.

Unread 18 Dec 2006, 12:00   #97
The Real Arfy

I still don't see what Zo0f said that caused this pointless arguing

Unread 18 Dec 2006, 12:45   #98
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lets not go over the top with comparisons. There is a difference between racially motivated abuse (wether verbal or in some other form) and the baiting/mocking of a fellow competitor in a game.

What MacTAnzu did in those IRC logs is hardly anything serious and he is not like that all the time. Its simple propoganda, making a mountain out of a mole hill.

My example was an attempt to remind people that no-one, including themselves, is perfect. We all make mistakes and all do things we regret later. These do not make us bad people, just human.

ppl that oversleep attacks pwn most \o/

luff ya

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote