User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Mar 2006, 10:45   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Reopen for alliance mergers

I think that it should be reopened for alliance mergers again.

But not in the way it has been before. Only to a smaller extent.

As it is now, no alliance cant merge because we're afraid of what an impact an big alliance merge can do for the game. Wich I feel is totally fine.

But smaller alliances who lack the proper memberbase is having a tough time surviving. Mergers is in many cases needed for them to survive. However there should be limits.

So my suggestion is.

Allow alliancemergers for anyone who's below top ten, AND that the new merged alliance cant get into top ten because of the merge.
If alliance ranked 10th has 5mill score, then the merged alliance can not go over 5mill score. (secondary only up to top 15)

Also, any alliance with less than 3 members should not be allowed to merge into another alliance using this rule.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 10:47   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Reopen for alliance mergers

Expression of agreement.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 11:02   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I like
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 13:39   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

double u tee eff

The battles in the ranks 10-20 matter just as much to those in them as the top 10 does to you and me. Just remember Coven merging up the rankings, and that'll tell you why I think this is a bad idea.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 19:21   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As furball said just because the alliancea rent top 10 doesnt make the rankings any less important and to see an alliance merge their way up the rankings is pretty disheartening no matter what rankinsg we are talking about.

I also think that encouraging merging is often more a hinderance than a help and people whom have undertaken a merge, especially during the round when its often done simply for ranks without considering the implications. We obviously want these alliiances to have more chance of success as thats good for all of us but merging should certainly be something that isnt too easy or encouraged as a way to increase a few ranks. They need to be sure the merging alliances will be compatable and that there wont be the HC conflicts that so often come with a merge and end up with an alliance being fractured and weaker than the two were seperatly
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 19:42   #6
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Well, as i see it if they want to merge let them do it the hard way. Admins shouldnt be getting involved with alliance pollitics, i beleive a lot of people have even complained somtimes they do get involved. So if an alliance wants to merge with another, let them do it the hard way (ie they disband the one alliance, wait the time it takes to rejoin an alliance, and do it that way)

And also as wakey said above. This game isnt just about the top rankings, there are a lot of people, playing as friends and as an alliance. If they work hard only to see another alliance (im reffering to lower ranked alliances here below top 15) be allowed to merge by admins and take over them in just one tick thats saw as unfair as the top 10 alliances being effected in my view.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 00:42   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Well, as i see it if they want to merge let them do it the hard way. Admins shouldnt be getting involved with alliance pollitics, i beleive a lot of people have even complained somtimes they do get involved. So if an alliance wants to merge with another, let them do it the hard way (ie they disband the one alliance, wait the time it takes to rejoin an alliance, and do it that way)

And also as wakey said above. This game isnt just about the top rankings, there are a lot of people, playing as friends and as an alliance. If they work hard only to see another alliance (im reffering to lower ranked alliances here below top 15) be allowed to merge by admins and take over them in just one tick thats saw as unfair as the top 10 alliances being effected in my view.
The "hard" way as you implement here is alot harder for an smaller inactive alliance than a big more elite alliance. I belive that mergers for smaller alliances will give them more the fun back, and the players that joins theese smaller alliances have a fun way to work politics through mergers etc. (I still think alliancemergers is one of the most fun politics parts of this game)