User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:38   #1
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice
Ticks stop - rollback etc

Ok

fair enuff, stopping ticks for 24 hours

but you cannot recall fleets, if you do so, people will benefit from this "bug", the people who will benefit are those with incomings, and those who have just landed.

If you recall fleets as well, you are not being fair to the whole community.

Plz consider this..

[04:33pm] <caj`afk> how can u recall fleets...this is like so unfair to those who are eta 1/2/3/4 on attacks..the people who landed JUST before tick stop, are the only winners
[04:33pm] <ReligFree> as caj`afk said
[04:34pm] <Momo^> i agree caj

PA Team, i urge you, reconsider the recalling of fleets.. and simply rollback...thx for your time

Caj
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:40   #2
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all
Re: Ticks stop - rollback etc

Indeed. Its pt 90 or whatever so theres no def fleets flying anywhere big and so none that wouldnt be able to be pulled to stop them dying. Its simply unfair on everyone who has fleets flying. For people who didnt want to launch pt 72 and waited till pt 77/78/79 and are now about to land this is just dispicable.

Please guys think about it and just recognise the lack of need for a fleet recall!
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:41   #3
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

We wont be changing out decision. As i stated earlier in #planetarion. Last round we were asked to produce standard procedures on downtime which we have done in consultation with the alliance reps and others. We have followed this procedure to the letter and will not back down on this.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:43   #4
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I know it's an inconvenience, but think of it this way, we now get to sleep tonight.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:43   #5
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

are fleets guna be recalled? or immediatly sent home? i.e. can i launch them as soon as it starts ticking again?
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:43   #6
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

jesus christ. Absolutely useless. No wonder this game is losing players with muppets running things
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:44   #7
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to know which representatives were present there.
Other than that, i also think that the fleet recalling is a wrong decision.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:45   #8
Caj
speed demon

you should rollback to pt 72

if you doing this.. i just wish i had launched pt 75 and not pt 80 now

then i wud of landed lol.. and wud be one of the benefitters
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:46   #9
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

Rubbish.

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:48   #10
ReligFree

Put a vote up. see what people want.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:49   #11
Caj
speed demon

yeh make it a vote^
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:50   #12
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Can we rollback the whole round and ship stats?
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:50   #13
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
I'd love to know which representatives were present there.
I remember a conversation in the alliance rep channel about this, but I don't remember ever coming to a consensus.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:52   #14
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Tend to agree, slightly unbalanced and unfair with those who just landed.

But, sleep for the win.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:52   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
We wont be changing out decision. As i stated earlier in #planetarion. Last round we were asked to produce standard procedures on downtime which we have done in consultation with the alliance reps and others. We have followed this procedure to the letter and will not back down on this.
Listening to whiners (alliance players who want to keep the rocks they've just gained and not lose on any attacks, because this is how they think) was foolish.

I shall explain the following to you.

As Caj points out, there are people who are current ETA 1, ETA 2 and the like who have planned their round start on an early surprise attack, launching at night. By pulling back their fleets you have:

1. ruined their element of surprise
2. removed their advantage of being guaranteed no ships in galaxy that can defend them.
3. for incluster attackers, you've just made consequences fall on a stack of people who got no benefit for not caring about cluster NAPs but haven't landed yet.

To top it off, those who have landed, have a stack of rocks/xp relative to the rest of the universe, guaranteed income for extra ticks if they were being counterattacked and fleets home to gain even more roids/xp. They have a manifestly unfair advantage at this stage in the round.

If you can't see the total unfairness in this, well you are a sandwich short of a picnic.

The alternative is to leave the universe in stasis from the point there was a last good tick and return to that tick at the same time tomorrow, with fleets airborne and the game inaccessible until an hour before it starts ticking. This way no one loses out, as defence can't be arranged until the game is actually open again. If you can find an upset party and explain why that party should be upset clearly and concisely, I would like to hear it.

While things like this can be overcome from this early in the round, having a good starts help.

Don't expect a response from you lot, as when other people are right you tend to run a mile.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:53   #16
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I remember a conversation in the alliance rep channel about this, but I don't remember ever coming to a consensus.
Does that channel ever?

Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:53   #17
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

The only part of the procedure that I don't understand is the closing of the game until an hour before the ticks start. It will be terribly frustrating for people who need to repeat an action they took today but who can't get to a PC tomorrow. Not only that, but if people can't log in at all they'll be more likely to "wander off" and find something else to do - some of them may decide not to come back. If they were allowed to log in they could, at least, catch up with the galaxy forums or alliance channels or other such "stuff".

BTW - this doesn't mean that I agree (or disagree) with the rest of the procedures.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:54   #18
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

As it was made a set of procedures which are made clear on the announcements and on the portal this is the only viable option, and the right one.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:54   #19
Caj
speed demon

Thank you Lokken,

WHAT LOKKEN SAID!

rarrr
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:57   #20
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

Okay, let me put this in context.

Our Downtime Procedure was placed upon the Portal 8 weeks ago after discussions which Chef has already commented upon. The community as a whole has had 8 weeks to comment on the Downtime Procedure, however we have received nothing against it until now, when it becomes convenient.

The main problem we encountered last downtime was that we were inconsistent with our decisions, and there were calls for a procedure to be put in place.

The main issue here is the recall of fleets, we are following the downtime procedure that has been in place now for 2 months, as Chef has said, this decision will not be overturned.

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 17:58   #21
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Does that channel ever?
Not in the year I spent idling in it.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:00   #22
Caj
speed demon

the procedure is (how to put this...) wrong at this early stage in the game.. if it was say tick 300.. and the first attacks weren't so important, then fleet recalls fair enuff

the only reason people are maoning so much, is it is peoples first attacks..

...you guys should think about it.. and realise an exception must be made :/

you dont "have" to recall fleets..so dont!
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:00   #23
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Not in the year I spent idling in it.
Me neither

Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:00   #24
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

procedure or not.

in all fairness - this is no solution at all.

Pls reconsider this decision and let the fleets flying when rollback has happened.
It just benefits early launchers, those who got their FR/DEs out are clearly the loosers here and this cant be right.

Get a Poll up please!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:03   #25
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
jesus christ. Absolutely useless. No wonder this game is losing players with muppets running things
I object to the slanderous statement in regard to muppets, I have no doubt miss piggy and kermit will be instructing their legal team.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:03   #26
Caj
speed demon

you keep sayin we will stick to "procedure" so its the same for everybody, you guys should realise, that if you stick to procedure, it will not be same for everybody, and others will benefit more from this situation,

that is all :P
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:04   #27
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

From what I remember -- everyone complained last round because PA weren't following the "suggested" guidelines and were doing things differently with every downtime -- they went away and wrote a set of proceedures, which now they're following everyone is complaining about again.

No matter what PATeam do, there are going to be some people who will benefit, and some who will be disadvantaged -- at least if they're following proceedures, they will be consistent *every* time and people will know what to expect.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:05   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk

Our Downtime Procedure was placed upon the Portal 8 weeks ago after discussions which Chef has already commented upon. The community as a whole has had 8 weeks to comment on the Downtime Procedure, however we have received nothing against it until now, when it becomes convenient.

The main problem we encountered last downtime was that we were inconsistent with our decisions, and there were calls for a procedure to be put in place.

The main issue here is the recall of fleets, we are following the downtime procedure that has been in place now for 2 months, as Chef has said, this decision will not be overturned.
You see the problem is people don't care what your policy says because people who have planned their start on the fact that they will land attacks in this time period (a lot of players) have worked hard and are being screwed as a result. Those using Frigates or Destroyers are going to be given an especially hard time as it stands.

At a stage where one attack doubles score, it makes little sense. Infact your policy of recalling fleets makes no sense as well because it isn't necessary, as I've detailed above. What I've suggested above is perfectly fair.

By all means consult, but don't follow things because you feel you have to. Use some common sense to create a fair outcome. Sadly you haven't here, but you can fix it if you wanted. Creators who care about their game running well should be more than prepared to lose face and admit they are wrong if it means the game benefits. You're looking like certain politicians ignoring common sense to ruthlessly defend their Iraq policy here.

I am trying hard to stay calm here. I'll admit, I'm ETA 1 right now and not best pleased. But why is it that over and over again, at least once a round, I need to write lectures on common sense on here. I don't want to write these things. As someone who enjoys the game, I don't enjoy lecturing you on how it should be run.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:05   #29
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
During round 17, Assassin announced game rules on the alliance rep channel and wasn't arsed to invite one of the top competitive alliance of the round in. Later, once we were asked by Night-Sky to join it, NewDawn and Insomnia made a huge fuzz of us being there, saying we don't earn a spot there. Now, the named alliance, part of which I no longer are, is running for the fourth round in the run - all the respect to ND, but the same cannot be said of f.ex Insomnia.

To sum up, the alliance representative mediums (forum, channel) are pretty much a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj
yeh make it a vote^
Yeah, make it a vote so a majority of the probably 500-600 active players will have a say. Hell, what if we give a three-day time for people to vote? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
If you can't see the total unfairness in this, well you are a sandwich short of a picnic.

This way no one loses out, as defence can't be arranged until the game is actually open again. If you can find an upset party and explain why that party should be upset clearly and concisely, I would like to hear it.
I'm representing an upset party from round 18, when an alliance called Omen had coordinated a hit on a hostile alliance, and the ticker was stopped and we were floated on ETA5-9, while our lovely enemies were given 24 hours time to coordinate their defences. Obviously, we didn't land too many fleets, my neighbour's dog could organize solid defences with the resources 24hours gives you. Was it fair towards the people who were on ETA5+? Definately not. It'd take a sandwich short of a picnic to not see it. Did the whine change it? No, a part of a war tactic was utterly ruined, and it costed us a day worth utter beating in the war, as our enemies had launched before us.

But there will always be a loosing party, it's pretty much unavoidable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro
Can we rollback the whole round and ship stats?
Can we? Do we have a procedure for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
I seriously doubt a poll on it and possibly a change of mind to towards the will of those who shout hardest would save the game from loosing players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
procedure or not.

in all fairness - this is no solution at all.
It didn't affect me in left or right so I feel I'm in more position to throw stones than the ones who got affected. Sure, it's bleeding unfair. Sure, it fawks up a lot of people. But a procedure is, overall, better than a haywired descision nobody can predict and that depends on who shouts hardest and who gets their peons run to the poll (which will probably end up with the results 31-17, which just describes how many take part in those polls). Refer to the comment regarding round18, when there was no protocol whatsoever, and the descisionmaking was done with some moronic activity (, "too"?).

It seems Destiny is awfully hurt by this. Did you guys launch late or what?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:06   #30
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

It doesnt take a genius to realise that letting the fleets fly will cause less complaints (considerably) than recalling fleets.

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:08   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
During round 17, Assassin announced game rules on the alliance rep channel and wasn't arsed to invite one of the top competitive alliance of the round in. Later, once we were asked by Night-Sky to join it, NewDawn and Insomnia made a huge fuzz of us being there, saying we don't earn a spot there. Now, the named alliance, part of which I no longer are, is running for the fourth round in the run - all the respect to ND, but the same cannot be said of f.ex Insomnia.
Apologies for the dodgy log, you said it in #planetarion.

<Keizafk> Lok|away, r18, Omen was launching fleets on a hostile alliance, they stopped the ticker when we were eta5-9, and allowed them 24 hours time to send defences. Guess if i was happy?
<Lok|away> not if the game is inaccessible
<Keizafk> R18 the game was accessible tho ;

As i've said, simply making the game inaccessible doesn't give 24 hours to send defence, it gives them 1, the same hour they had before.

This solves your problem in one foul swoop and really minimises any problems you had in round 18.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:08   #32
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I am shocked at this comment Marv, as you were one of the people who agreed with the procedures when they were first placed on the Portal. It is one thing to side with people for popularity and another to change your stance on something you helped create.

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:09   #33
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Apologies for the dodgy log, you said it in #planetarion.

<Keizafk> Lok|away, r18, Omen was launching fleets on a hostile alliance, they stopped the ticker when we were eta5-9, and allowed them 24 hours time to send defences. Guess if i was happy?
<Keizafk> R18 the game was accessible tho ;

As i've said, simply making the game inaccessible doesn't give 24 hours to send defence, it gives them 1, the same hour they had before.
Back then the game was NOT made inaccessible even if we requested.

edit. LET ME MAKE IT VERY SIMPLE:

<Keizafk> R18 the game was accessible tho;

Means, the game was accessible and defence fleets were launched during the 24 hour period. Actually, quite a lot of them. To elaborate: "Simple. If Lokken's fleets had not been recalled, it would have been fair towards him". This does not change the fact that "Lokkens fleets were recalled, so it was not fair towards him" even if the option to do that was presented, and the parties getting hurt were asking for it to be done.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:09   #34
Caj
speed demon

Quote:

It seems Destiny is awfully hurt by this. Did you guys launch late or what?
Na, i admit it, im actually eta 3. But, everyone here has valid point

LOKKEN FOR PA TEAM i say lol
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:09   #35
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Ok guys, we know that we are not going to please everyone every time we make a decision but when we do make a decision we are not going to change our decision.

One of the things that certain people have suggested is that we try to code a feature whereby when we disable logins in this situation in future, players will be able to login but only be able to recall their fleets and then it will be up to you guys if you want your fleet recalled or not and no-one will be able to complain about it not being fair on either side.

As well as this i'd just like to point out to Marv, that he was on PATeam when the downtime procedure was put in place, he agreed to it and maybe now is a little late to be bringing up issues in its implementation.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:10   #36
Caj
speed demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
I am shocked at this comment Marv, as you were one of the people who agreed with the procedures when they were first placed on the Portal. It is one thing to side with people for popularity and another to change your stance on something you helped create.

this case, being 1st attacks.. The procedure, is not right, simply put...
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:10   #37
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Back then the game was NOT made inaccessible even if we requested.
Should have been.

I think it should be now. Because that would be fair. Just because they've been unfair previously, doesn't mean they should do that now.

If the game is inaccessible and no one can touch it til 12pm tomorrow under my proposal, where is the unfairness?
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:12   #38
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Ok guys, we know that we are not going to please everyone every time we make a decision but when we do make a decision we are not going to change our decision.

One of the things that certain people have suggested is that we try to code a feature whereby when we disable logins in this situation in future, players will be able to login but only be able to recall their fleets and then it will be up to you guys if you want your fleet recalled or not and no-one will be able to complain about it not being fair on either side.

As well as this i'd just like to point out to Marv, that he was on PATeam when the downtime procedure was put in place, he agreed to it and maybe now is a little late to be bringing up issues in its implementation.
As an aside, if you are going to recall all fleets, you might as well restart ticks any time, as it won't make a blind bit of difference. You only need to restart on time if fleets are airborne.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:12   #39
Caj
speed demon

Quote:
when we do make a decision we are not going to change our decision.
well Chef, thats just stubborn, imagine if u had decided to nuke russia, then realised it was wrong, wud u change your decision?
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:12   #40
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Boo Hoo your going to miss our on a few roids. What a shame.

Those of you complaining need to remember your not the only people playing this game and as such decisions cant be taken just to suit you. Now as someone from PATeam said last round a partial recall wasn't possible so its a choice of either a full recall or no recall the only viable option is the full recall.

After all while you may be at eta 4 or below once its roll-back others may not be, that means that they have 24 hours to have defence arranged against them. Also while maybe they were going to be around today to recall perhaps they cant be around from the restart of ticks till they are due to land tomorrow. Or what happens a planet ran their fleet after the rollback point or defence was recalled but those people wont be able to do it tomorrow

PATeam have done what the community wanted and set a procedure in place so we al know what will happen and that procedure has taken the sensible stance of not leaving the rollback being potentially at fault for lots of people losing ships and while it may mean some people losing some roid gains next time these people could very well be the ones who don't lose their fleets because of a rollback nd im sure they wouldnt complain then
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:13   #41
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Should have been.

I think it should be now. Because that would be fair. Just because they've been unfair previously, doesn't mean they should do that now.

If the game is inaccessible and no one can touch it til 12pm tomorrow under my proposal, where is the unfairness?
Breaking the protocol? Someone could be relying on dodging fleets, and end up having fleets killed not being able to log in tomorrow at the same time? Maybe someone who was supposed to recall cannot reach to recall tomorrow at the same time? (This is a far fetched point, but it stands and is a possible scenario). The fact is, there is an announced protocol on how it's worked out, and it will, either way, f*ck over someone.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:13   #42
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:

But, sleep for the win.
Forgive me, but wasnt you on the PA Team last round? Which would of course mean you were part of the decision for this precedure to take place?

And for people wanting the Poll. What would that achieve? This was presented last round becuase us (the community) requested it. So PA Team provided us with a procedure they are now going to follow for future rounds. Now the only reason why your complaining (the people who are complaining) is becuase of course your the ones suffering for your attacks been recalled. What about the people that had this done to them last round? (i was one of them) They had to accept it and move on. Dont expect any different to this round either.

I would also like to point out i am eta 2 from landing an attack (or was) And i would rather see PA Team stick to somthing which was agreed upon last round then see another change becuase some of the community are bullying them into that decision.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:13   #43
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

As i already said: There are polls / forums threads regarding the name of the round, regarding artwork, regarding the ship stats. I see no single thread or poll regarding the procedure to follow in case of ticker problems.
Even a representative just said there was never a consensus. I'd bet if you go and ask the alliance HCs of this game right now, the consensus would be to keep fleets going. Same thing if you had a poll going. Stubbornness is now the way to go about this.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:14   #44
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
I may have been in the team when it was created but I don't remember giving direct contribution to its creation though. You maybe able to prove me wrong since you have access to the pateam forum and I simply can't remember.

As lokken and others are pointing out above me, there is a slight need to adapt to the situation. Not just blindly following a rigid procedure which ends up screwing people over. I agree on the roll back and game closing to give everyone time to sort themselves out (players and coders fixing the problem), but a fleet recall is not needed.

Glad I went scanner.

Sorry for being a shit, but it's true

Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:14   #45
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Breaking the protocol? Someone could be relying on dodging fleets, and end up having fleets killed not being able to log in tomorrow at the same time? Maybe someone who was supposed to recall cannot reach to recall tomorrow at the same time? (This is a far fetched point, but it stands and is a possible scenario). The fact is, there is an announced protocol on how it's worked out, and it will, either way, f*ck over someone.
One thinks 19 hours is pretty sufficient notice for this.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:14   #46
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
No matter what PATeam do, there are going to be some people who will benefit, and some who will be disadvantaged -- at least if they're following proceedures, they will be consistent *every* time and people will know what to expect.
what a load of crap; there have been rollbacks; and ALWAYS when fleets were recalled; the players complained. PA team didn't listen to the players as usual and wrote a shit procedure.

i ask you: what is more representative: talking with a handful of HCs or LISTENING (hell, i would celebrate for an entire week if PA team would do that for once) to the broad playerbase?

if PA team weren't so narrow minded, they would recognize when they implement a shit rule/guideline/procedure and they would immediatly change it. but as u all are so full of yourselves and egotripping u keep those shit rules, no matter how many logically absolutly valid arguments come against those from the playerbase.

keep going like this; in 3-4 rounds u can run the game for yourselves as u are basically telling the customers every round to **** off with actions like this.

every offense in this post was intended, coz i think you are doing a very bad job in running this game (your coding skills are fine, u just have no clue how to socially interact) and I stand behind my opinion for 100%.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:15   #47
ehm^shoa

vote. ;/
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:15   #48
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
One thinks 19 hours is pretty sufficient notice for this.
It doesn't make a difference. 19 hours can be sufficient a notice for this, but what if you're doing something you cannot log in during? All people can't log from work, for example. The point is, someone will get hurt. Either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
what a load of crap; there have been rollbacks; and ALWAYS when fleets were recalled; the players complained
Wow, I would say I complained a lot when fleets were not recalled during r18.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:17   #49
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

I'm in a good position where all my attacks had landed, but i dont think that recall of fleets should be done as its totally unfair on the community. the only reason for a recall that i can see, is that its unfair to people who are away at the time of restart. BUT 24hrs notice is given so its not that unfair on incoming.
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:18   #50
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk

awesome! PA Team - CONTINUALLY proving themselves to never back down when they are wrong or swallow pride about their retarded procedure.

SUBJECTIVITY - learn the word please, and apply it to all of your 'procedures', this sort of sickening bureaucracy is seriously nothing short of laughable

though i am personally not affected at all apart from the waste of a day - i am nevertheless disappointed(well, not really - it can't get worse eh) by the imbeciles in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef

you do NOT need to issue a full recall. if you continue things as it were with just the 1 tick rollback - NOONE can have any complaints other than laughing at the silly 24hr delay, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER FOR A RECALL. that is why EVERYONE BUT30-40 PEOPLE SO WHO HAVE HAD GOOD LANDS are being dealt unfairly
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote