User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jan 2003, 19:40   #1
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough
Creators Hour today

Ok, after seing the first 20 questions I'm just annoyed. Half of the questions was from Woze and they were only bs. Yet they were important enough to be asked at creators hour. I've realised why there's only need for 1 channel now and not 3-4 like we had in earlier rounds. THERE'S ALMOST NOTHING USEFUL TO LEARN! only thing today was the fact that they've removed overburn for the next round.. which was a good thing..
and it wasnt the same having Kloopy and Prince running the CH, I miss Spinner/Fudge/Zeus already..

this is going downhill....

And dont have a 1 hour CH if u dont have the questions to run more then a 10min one..

-BlueArmy

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 19:42   #2
DutchDealer

amen.
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 19:44   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Woze is my hero.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 19:44   #4
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
go woze go
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2003, 19:47   #5
Frizz

Frizz is an unknown quantity at this point
god this is a boarding creators hour....
[04:53] <@saiyan> ffs just int some roids now u might be big enuff next tick
[04:53] <@Inubis> i know hold on you obsesive control freak i am not your bitch

<@VermiciousKnid> great, inubis thinks hes a god again

[02:49] <+Granville> im cliff richard, im boring im dull everyone hates me but i aint ever going away so get used to me

Welcome, Frizz. You last visited: 1 Jan 1970 at 00:00
Frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 13:34   #6
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Well, you can't expect miracles on their debut really.
Btw, whoever complains about the quality of questions or learning not enough news I suggest you start making some questions of your own.

hAl
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 13:43   #7
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Well, you can't expect miracles on their debut really.
Btw, whoever complains about the quality of questions or learning not enough news I suggest you start making some questions of your own.

hAl
I did.

Jester
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 15:09   #8
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Hehe, I hear what you're saying, but I -did- say in CH that we didnt choose this weeks questions. If the person who did choose them wished to admit to it on this here thread, I'm sure they will.

I'll give them a slap for next week.

Kloopy
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2003, 15:57   #9
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Personally I blame the coder of the bot and the "not very random randomness" that caused them to all come up one after another. Scattered about a bit you wouldn't have noticed.

I'll give them a slap for you next week

Last edited by A2; 20 Jan 2003 at 16:37.
A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 01:23   #10
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Re: Creators Hour today

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueArmy
I miss Spinner/Fudge/Zeus already..
Only Zeus has left dear.

Anyway, what ruined it for me was those idiot [SS] (St4rsphere) spammers.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 02:42   #11
Parksy

Re: Creators Hour today

Quote:
and it wasnt the same having Kloopy and Prince running the CH
It's better to have Kloopy and Prince doing CH than to have no one doing CH.
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 02:47   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Debateable.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 03:14   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Re: Creators Hour today

Quote:
Originally posted by Parksy
The problem is there doesn't seem to be anything to talk about.

'What about changing R9?' questions: We're busy on R10 so we aren't going to change that.
'What about R10?' questions: It's too early to talk about R10--we've just started on it.
'What about game administration (payment, etc)?' questions: That's up to Jolt and they haven't said yet.
'What about nifty new feature XYZ?' questions: No way for R9; we're thinking about something like that in R10 but we can't talk about it yet.

Once you've eliminated those topics, what else is there to talk about? :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 05:14   #14
Parksy

Re: Re: Re: Creators Hour today

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus

'What about changing R9?' questions: We're busy on R10 so we aren't going to change that.
'What about R10?' questions: It's too early to talk about R10--we've just started on it.
'What about game administration (payment, etc)?' questions: That's up to Jolt and they haven't said yet.
'What about nifty new feature XYZ?' questions: No way for R9; we're thinking about something like that in R10 but we can't talk about it yet.

That's true--it would be much better to have all the Creators and anyone else important there answering questions. I'm just saying that it's better to have them there to possibly answer questions than to have CH ignored completely (as we have seen quite often in the past).
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 13:48   #15
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Creators Hour today

Quote:

You forgot: How about the new stats ? Will the Xans be altered for r9?
That is up to Spinner;
The stats will not be available untill 1 day before signup

Still there might be more to talk about.
Like for instance:
Who does the new PA (creaotrs/development/management) team consist of and what are their responsibilities in the team ?
Could the new (relativly) team members introduce themselves on portal or forums ?
What was up with the Sim-tech thingy and what is the relationship of them to jolt ?
Will the PA forums be integrated with Jolt forums or stay separate ?

That was about 2 minutes of brainstorming and it seems that one could come up with dozens more questions. And no, I'm not going to submit these myself as I saw that my suggestions were copied pasted in CH questions by others before.

hAl
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 16:14   #16
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
See the portal announcement
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 20:07   #17
logamus

i understand that spinner is a busy man with getting r9 ready and working on r10, but its just one hour. he doenst have to do anything but answer the questions so is it that much of a hassle to do a ch? no offense to those who have been doing ch as of late, but the idea of asking questions is to get answers and if several questions have to be forwarded to spinner each week does it not make sense to have him at least available during that time?
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:56   #18
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Creators Hour today

Quote:
Originally posted by Parksy
I agree. It was damn annoying not having any CHs in R8. I also think people should cut the new creators some slack, they've taken on a big job with a very whingy clientelle.

However people have to realise that the creators just can't be expected to answer questions about R10 and have to accept that there won't be a lot of changes between R8 and R9, no matter how good the suggestions are.

tbh CH may as well be a 'status update' session, rather than a Q&A until we get ticking, or at least close to.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 13:02   #19
Kloopy
-Back Again-

I think this should clear up some points about not enough detail and interaction. As for Prince and I doing CH, you best get used to it, unfortunately we're all there is to do CH. Until Spinner gets his net access sorted again, at least.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...hreadid=157771
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 15:50   #20
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough
I'm very happy to see that the PA team reading the posts and actually caring about what we say.

And i think i was a bit understood with my first post, i didnt say i didnt want kloopy and prince to do the CH.. i just said i missed Zeus/fudge/spinner.. i'm a bit melancholic...

And there's not a need for weekly ch's until the game opens for sign up i think..

and i hope SS players wont come to PA, cause SS sucks :P

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 16:18   #21
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

and i hope SS players wont come to PA, cause SS sucks :P
Oi, do you want to take out our entire alliance. How mean !!!

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 18:13   #22
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about
Cool Improvement

I think the problems should be nicely combatted with the new creators hour style! Maybe a little triggered by woze pmpl!

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 18:32   #23
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Improvement

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr_Zaius
I think the problems should be nicely combatted with the new creators hour style! Maybe a little triggered by woze pmpl!
This is something Kloopy has been considering for a while. It has often been commented that the creators (through their fault or through the person asking the questions fault) don't always answer the question that the person asked/tried to ask, and often, the answers are unsatisfactory/vague. This is just a way of combatting that, and also allowing the person who asked to express a view on the response to the question, and if the question was mis-understood, it offers the option to the person of saying - "no, that isn't what I meant, what I meant was.........".
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 22:41   #24
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Re: Improvement

Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
This is something Kloopy has been considering for a while. It has often been commented that the creators (through their fault or through the person asking the questions fault) don't always answer the question that the person asked/tried to ask, and often, the answers are unsatisfactory/vague. This is just a way of combatting that, and also allowing the person who asked to express a view on the response to the question, and if the question was mis-understood, it offers the option to the person of saying - "no, that isn't what I meant, what I meant was.........".
If you really want to improve communication with the players then perhaps you might consider another medium? If the creators participated on the forums--as they once did, long ago--then people could ask long and detailed questions and ask follow-up questions.

As far as I can tell, the only "advantage" of the CH format is that it limited the creators interaction with players to a scant one hour per week. Trying to "improve" CH is a bit like trying to improve the horse and buggy--there's only so far you can go.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 22:58   #25
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Re: Re: Improvement

Quote:
If you really want to improve communication with the players then perhaps you might consider another medium? If the creators participated on the forums--as they once did, long ago--then people could ask long and detailed questions and ask follow-up questions.

As far as I can tell, the only "advantage" of the CH format is that it limited the creators interaction with players to a scant one hour per week. Trying to "improve" CH is a bit like trying to improve the horse and buggy--there's only so far you can go.
The creators are participating in the forums a bit more now, well, Kloopy is, I have seen quite a few posts from him on the boards since he became a creator. I count 3 posts from him on this thread alone, so that comment was hardly justified.

And as far as your horse and buggy analogy goes - it is a rather strange one to say the least. The point of the new format is not to improve creator-player interaction, it is to improve the quality of the answers given at CH, and give the person who asked the question a chance to respond to the answer, and state an opinion on it. Creator-player interaction is completely different, and if you think there should be more of it, then speak to Prince, I think it probably is his responsibility. I can assure you though, the creators aren't trying to avoid the community. The easiest way to speak to them though is IRC, if you go into #planetarion, and PM them (they are not always oped/voiced), they are quite happy to talk to you.
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 05:16   #26
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Exclamation Re: Improvement

Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
The creators are participating in the forums a bit more now, well, Kloopy is, I have seen quite a few posts from him on the boards since he became a creator. I count 3 posts from him on this thread alone, so that comment was hardly justified.
Yes he has posted a bit and it'd be good to see a lot more of that. I'd also like to hear from Spinner and Fudge too.
Quote:
And as far as your horse and buggy analogy goes - it is a rather strange one to say the least. The point of the new format is not to improve creator-player interaction, it is to improve the quality of the answers given at CH, and give the person who asked the question a chance to respond to the answer, and state an opinion on it. Creator-player interaction is completely different, and if you think there should be more of it, then speak to Prince, I think it probably is his responsibility. I can assure you though, the creators aren't trying to avoid the community. The easiest way to speak to them though is IRC, if you go into #planetarion, and PM them (they are not always oped/voiced), they are quite happy to talk to you
I don't need (or want) to talk to the creators privately. I'd rather post questions publicaly to them on the forums so others can read the responses and join in also.
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 10:34   #27
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Wheee. Hello everyone. Bashar is right, the intention of changing Creators Hour was that people get to tell us if we're not giving enough detail in our answers and to correct us if we interpret questions incorrectly.

I admit, it might not work at all, but I thought it was worth a go.

Oh, and I'm surprised noone has ranted at me for the bot a) Not accepting questions and b) not being around much

There are two bugs at the moment, working to remove them now.

Kloopy
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 11:03   #28
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Right, I think thats the bugs fixed... you lot just have to ask it stuff now.

/msg CH ask <your question>

At once, ta.

Kloopy
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 11:47   #29
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about
Cool Kloopy

Nice little website! lol!

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 12:01   #30
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Hehe, ta. I saw the domain was available and just had to get it!
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 13:35   #31
Bashar
Idle Git

Re: Re: Improvement

Quote:
Yes he has posted a bit and it'd be good to see a lot more of that. I'd also like to hear from Spinner and Fudge too.

I don't need (or want) to talk to the creators privately. I'd rather post questions publicaly to them on the forums so others can read the responses and join in also.
Well, the way it has seemed to work best in the past to me is a question in creators hour, and then if further discussion is needed, a post on the forums to start that further discussion. But discussing every question that every member of the community wants to ask on the forums as you are suggesting is to be perfectly honest ludicrously impractical. The creators job is creating a game, and if everyone asked questions to them on the forums, then the forums would be cluttered, and the creators would be spending all their time reading the forums. At least with Creators hour for questions it does restrict to an extent the time that creators need to spend going through questions due to the fact that it gets them all in the same format in the same place at the same time. It is far quicker and far more efficient, and if there is a follow-up discussion needed, it can be had on the forums.

I hope you see my point. At the minute, the forums are rarely used for questions to the creators, if it changed so that they were the primary contact with the creators, then they would become very cluttered very quickly, and a lot of the questions would be crap, and the creators would have to dedicate so much time to it that they would have no time for actually making the game. I have seen the list of questions for CH before it has been checked and had some removed, and some are just plain pointless spam. Believe me, the boards would deteriorate in such a situation too.
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 20:47   #32
Johny Jazz©

I seem to remember a question to the players forum, is it so hard to bring it back? The creators should be able to pick up on the questions the community want answers to, then they post about it in their controlled forum and it's discussed.

Wouldn't take alot out of their day, and even if it did sometimes it's better than just ignoring the community, the people who pay their wages.