User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 May 2007, 12:31   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
The only reason WP came back

Well, some people have agreed and some people have disagreed, but all in all it makes sense.
WP is a wank alliance with wank HC who never won anything. Maybe only that nintin guy has a brain, and thats because he was once a part of the kings merry men.

What I want to say is that WP sucks, and they have never won a round. They came back this round because they looked at the playerbase and saw that it was crap, so they sat in a room and figured that they could finally win a round.
If they win, I would like to organize an alliance HC gathering so they all can simultaneously slap themselves in the face, because pre-round, a group of losers figured they could finally get a win with you around.
That is all.
Unread 7 May 2007, 12:55   #2
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough
Re: The only reason WP came back

Your arrogant and cocky comments have always been funny on the AD. Some people just think they're so damn good.

On a side note, CT are the ones I'm actually laughing at from a spectators view. They just don't seem to be doing anything once again. I guess my comments about them last round were right.
Unread 7 May 2007, 12:57   #3
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Tbh who cares they added another 70 planets to game which is like 5% of playing players. Any alliance who decides to return and play, regardless of ability must be commended simply for adding more players to the game.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 13:00   #4
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

i got no idea why they came back and i don't care. i am glad that they came back coz: the round is piss boring, but it would be even less entertaining if WP wouldn't be on the playing field

i don't know any of the other HCs but NitinA is a great HC/DC/player/person.
Unread 7 May 2007, 13:33   #5
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Doubt it would have mattered anyway, they would have just been with other alliances to do squat all either.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 13:33   #6
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Tbh who cares they added another 70 planets to game which is like 5% of playing players. Any alliance who decides to return and play, regardless of ability must be commended simply for adding more players to the game.
70 MORE players? Bullshit. And besides that, how's Ct any better with Vision on their side?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 15:46   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Erm. i would say that they added about 10-15 players. The others they took from other allies.
Unread 7 May 2007, 15:49   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Does this 70 include the ones recruited from Omen, Destiny, and other ("less significant" and/or still continuing) alliances?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2007, 18:27   #9
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Let's face it, according to some "elite" players standards, if we were going to judge quality of alliances in the last 10 rounds, we are left with 2 good alliances and the rest are "wank", the degree of "wankiness" varying.

PS: Afaik Chika got kicked out of one of the good ones, didn't he?
Unread 7 May 2007, 18:57   #10
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

So, WP decided to play because they thought they could challenge for the round.

Breathtaking stuff Chika. Don't let the excitement stop there, tell us something else we don't know.
Unread 7 May 2007, 23:48   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
This would make me wonder why they played any of the rounds after Round 4 though
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 10:10   #12
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

No. Challenge for the round and, "We can finally win guys" are 2 different things.

If you can't understand this, blame your 3rd grade teacher.
Unread 8 May 2007, 11:44   #13
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I care, so long as the word 'can' is in there, it is the exact same thing. It's like comparing 'I think we're really, really going to win if we play this time' with 'I think we're really, really, really going to win if we play this time.'

You seem pretty troubled about this imaginery pre-round meeting WP had. So what? What good are you going to do, ripping it out of a small group of people having a go at winning? Surely that's exactly what you want as a player - an ounce of competition?
Unread 8 May 2007, 16:09   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Are you trying to discredit packwolves for winning something they yet have to win, or am i missing this super inteligent point here?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 16:26   #15
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
No. Challenge for the round and, "We can finally win guys" are 2 different things.

If you can't understand this, blame your 3rd grade teacher.

lol.

Its EXACTLY the same.

Retard.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 17:25   #16
Kenny

The only thing that would make Chika's argument make any kind of sense...... whatsoever..... is the implication that WP are being condescending in some way by only playing on the presumtion that the rest of the community sucks. Being part of 'the rest of the community', Chika is therefore offended by this.

Chika, there's a simple answer to this condescending insult of horrific proportions: Stop sucking.

Meanwhile no, even if that is the case, they are still playing, they are still winning, they are still making the effort - here and now - so let's face it, you don't really have a point, do you?

"No challenge for the round" and "We can finally win guys" are exactly the same thing. They both imply a belief/will to try and win a round, they both imply that they don't believe anyone else has the ability to mount a serious challenge... so in exactly what way do you feel the two sentences differ?

On another note, thank you for playing WP. Obviously I'd prefer if CT was winning, but I'm glad that it isn't being handed to us on a plate. Keep it up guys
Unread 8 May 2007, 18:43   #17
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
I'm glad that it isn't being handed to us on a plate.
i dunno man your play doesn't reflect this.
Unread 8 May 2007, 18:46   #18
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
i dunno man your play doesn't reflect this.
what have I done?

Unread 8 May 2007, 19:37   #19
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The only reason WP came back...
was to drag NitinA into dcing again

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 20:01   #20
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well, some people have agreed and some people have disagreed, but all in all it makes sense.
WP is a wank alliance with wank HC who never won anything. Maybe only that nintin guy has a brain, and thats because he was once a part of the kings merry men.

What I want to say is that WP sucks, and they have never won a round. They came back this round because they looked at the playerbase and saw that it was crap, so they sat in a room and figured that they could finally win a round.
If they win, I would like to organize an alliance HC gathering so they all can simultaneously slap themselves in the face, because pre-round, a group of losers figured they could finally get a win with you around.
That is all.

What? And im confused here. You claim this rounds memberbase are shit. But what im confused about is people claim the last 2 alliances to be classed as 'skilful' were exi and 1up. And currently most former 1ups are surely in CT as well as some of the old 1up command/officer team. And there is a lot of exi guys in Angels. So surely one of those could give pack enough of a challenge?

Pack have returned due to the fact last round was, to put it bluntly, boring as watching paint dry. Although of course the only problem with PA these days is the fact we are so short on players, we need to loose an exsistning alliance for another to play. (for example this round we gain Pack and Angels, but we loose from last round omen and destiny) So really nothing exciting ever comes from alliances either been created or been re-introduced into the game.

And tbh you cant blame Pack for currently being first. Blame the people under them for allowing it.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 20:58   #21
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
What? And im confused here. You claim this rounds memberbase are shit. But what im confused about is people claim the last 2 alliances to be classed as 'skilful' were exi and 1up. And currently most former 1ups are surely in CT as well as some of the old 1up command/officer team. And there is a lot of exi guys in Angels. So surely one of those could give pack enough of a challenge?
Most former 1up members don't play anymore, to my knowledge. Most good commanders of 1up don't play anymore. The eXilition players who play in Angels aren't controlled in the same manner they were in eXilition.

CT is very different from 1up and Angels is very different from eXilition. Do you disagree with this in any way, shape or form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz"
Pack have returned due to the fact last round was, to put it bluntly, boring as watching paint dry.
And they seem to have done really nicely to fix that, right?

Quote:
Although of course the only problem with PA these days is the fact we are so short on players, we need to loose an exsistning alliance for another to play. (for example this round we gain Pack and Angels, but we loose from last round omen and destiny) So really nothing exciting ever comes from alliances either been created or been re-introduced into the game.
That's not the only problem - far from it. It is one of many.

Quote:
And tbh you cant blame Pack for currently being first. Blame the people under them for allowing it.
That's what he did. He blamed the rest of the community for being outright shit at PA. Or did I read that post wrong, chika?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:03   #22
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

HCs of Exi and 1up had the ability to give their members the will to give the little extra.
I dont say HCs this round dosnt have that ability, but for my part, playing under sid,mazelaar,angryduck and others gave me the will to try peform a little better, how ever i never did hrhr.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:19   #23
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
That's what he did. He blamed the rest of the community for being outright shit at PA. Or did I read that post wrong, chika?
I'm not sure if this is actually true, sure most of the "leet" players have quit by now, but I think quite alot of existing players do know how to play PA, but very few (if any) can actually be bothered at this point to give what is/would be needed to spice things up a bit. It could either be caused by the boring game, or the fact that there isn't much hatred left in the universe.

Due to alliances constantly changing in terms of memberbase/command staff (and compared to earlier rounds those changes are alot bigger) there isn't a big love/hate relationship anymore. In earlier rounds there was simply a block vs block, sides were clear, players could pick a side (for many consecutive rounds) and spent their time trying to kill their hated enemy. These days there aren't really any sides left to pick, hence for quite a few players no reason to give that little bit extra effort. And with the fixed limits and XP and simple stats, all you really have to do is get the best roiders in your tag and sit the round out.
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:45   #24
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

I imagine most of the alliances at the top are content to have a chance of winning late on in the round. I don't think many have the energy to start wars any more. Odd in a way, it was probably never so easy. I think most players in high up positions always expect the worst when they think about going to war. NitinA's a good example, I have no doubts if he envisaged a fight with CT he'd think of it as a two week long marathon. Not surprising really, he's been unwillingly dragged through too many wars. Of course, someone else would look at that and say 'I would make sure it was three days.'

Wandows: A lot of players like to (quit or) play for themselves or their galaxies when they don't feel they have a meaningful alliance membership. These players aren't interested in the politics of their (presumably new) alliances. When command staff / members are moving around all the time, alliances end up feeling very diluted and they begin to look very unimportant.
Unread 8 May 2007, 21:51   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would post the serious thread cat, if I hadn't done so a short while ago already. For now I'll contend myself by stating that qebab's impressions seems correct, plus that you are all being trolled beyond belief.
That is all.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2007, 22:21   #26
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
HCs of Exi and 1up had the ability to give their members the will to give the little extra.
I dont say HCs this round dosnt have that ability, but for my part, playing under sid,mazelaar,angryduck and others gave me the will to try peform a little better, how ever i never did hrhr.
You are completly right there, though i never played under sid, mazzelaar, ad, but i played a round under kaifux, nitina, bwtmc, ... and they really made me perform better. In other alliances i could slack around a little bit, but under them that wasn't possible.
They also turned me into a better player.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 07:34   #27
Chika

Quote:
As far as I care, so long as the word 'can' is in there, it is the exact same thing. It's like comparing 'I think we're really, really going to win if we play this time' with 'I think we're really, really, really going to win if we play this time.'

You seem pretty troubled about this imaginery pre-round meeting WP had. So what? What good are you going to do, ripping it out of a small group of people having a go at winning? Surely that's exactly what you want as a player - an ounce of competition?
I will help you in your long fought journey to find your 3rd grade teacher.

No. The example comparison you brought up is very far off from the point. Hopefully you are just playing stupid. One more and I will need to match a face to this text.

I have an example. Bwtmd or whatever, Jer, Benneh, kila, and Myself all play poker every Friday night. Benneh and jer keep kicking everyone's ass all the time. I quit and stop showing up because I am losing to much money. Benneh takes his earnings and moves to vegas, and jer blows his on porn rentals(man). I show up the Friday after they left.

I have returned only because I know that I can kick bwth and kila's asses.

If Jer and Benneh were still there. I wouldn't play.*

*If you don't get this one, your next post please paste a link to a picture of yourself.

That is all.
Unread 9 May 2007, 07:48   #28
Chika

Quote:

I like you qebab. Mainly because it seems that you at least "thought" before you spoke, which is what most mommies teach us. Its not WP's fault that everyone either sucks or doesn't care. Its the community. I mainly posted this thread because 1. WP are pretty lame, and I do honestly and wholeheartedly believe that they came back because they thought they could finally get in a win. No matter what they say.

2. I would hate for this fact to go silent without being verbally addressed.

Hey, some of the community boob jobs don't agree with what I posted, but some little guy in the corner right now is saying "Yeah, that guy is right, WP are pussies."

To be frank, WP winning is a slap in the face to people who take this game in any way serious. Mainly due to the fact that under any other circumstance, they could not win. As they proved themselves. They resorted to a history of NAPS, and gal raids, and when they retired the alliance(not quit they did have a broad history) they retired because they could not win, and their best rounds were behind them.
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:10   #29
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Chika, you're so caught up in your own thoughts.

What I didn't understand was 'the only reason WP came back' logic (which is bollocks).
Why should any alliance want to come back? Why did eXilition come back in round 18? Because it thought there wasn't much competition? No. It really doesn't matter why they wanted to come back, it has nothing to do with your real (shit) point.

Namely, that we should care if WP (especially) win a round. WP winning would not be a sign that the game's gone to the dogs. It's all a delicate balance. I'm not saying WP have always made the best strategic decisions in the past, but it doesn't mean that they couldn't (and wouldn't have deserved to) have won.

It's worth emphasizing that WP in membership and character are different now to what they were several rounds ago. They're also placed in a different alliance situation. Judging them by what they did one or two years ago is a fool's game.

Not to mention the fact that WP have been winning midround before, and rounds are rarely decided on the (not such a high number)nth week, so why this is an issue now (unless you seriously think alliances are going to proactively go for WP on account of this logic, haha) I don't know.

Stop talking nonsense.
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:23   #30
Chika

Quote:
Chika, you're so caught up in your own thoughts.

What I didn't understand was 'the only reason WP came back' logic (which is bollocks).
Why should any alliance want to come back? Why did eXilition come back in round 18? Because it thought there wasn't much competition? No. It really doesn't matter why they wanted to come back, it has nothing to do with your real (shit) point.

Namely, that we should care if WP (especially) win a round. WP winning would not be a sign that the game's gone to the dogs. It's all a delicate balance. I'm not saying WP have always made the best strategic decisions in the past, but it doesn't mean that they couldn't (and wouldn't have deserved to) have won.

It's worth emphasizing that WP in membership and character are different now to what they were several rounds ago. They're also placed in a different alliance situation. Judging them by what they did one or two years ago is a fool's game.

Not to mention the fact that WP have been winning midround before, and rounds are rarely decided on the (not such a high number)nth week, so why this is an issue now (unless you seriously think alliances are going to proactively go for WP on account of this logic, haha) I don't know.

Stop talking nonsense.
With some of your post I agree, ironically, a few things you should apply to yourself, when it comes to being receptive to my initial meaning. Like:" you're so caught up in your own thoughts." Are you seriously portraying that you don't think there is a difference to playing for the win, and we can finally win? There is. Now, maybe if one of your bum buddies said it, you would agree. Look past the poster and use that god given brain of yours.
No, I am not in WP's head. I know only a few things. They suck. They always have sucked, and they always will suck. They retired their sucky alliance, and now, with a weakened player-base, and a handful of lackluster has-beens dancing the night away in ascendancy, they come back suddenly. BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY CAN WIN. Now add "finally" right between "can" and "win" and you should see my point.
The card game analogy was pretty straight forward though. I guess "cognitive" is the word of the day because you really need to exercise your excellent cognitive capacity that your mommy nursed and molded for about 18 years(Unless you are younger than 18, or still being nursed by mommy).*

*These little things don't help my point, nor do they help readers understand. They are there solely to give me the advantage with an idiotic reply.
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:37   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Not to mention the fact that WP have been winning midround before, and rounds are rarely decided on the (not such a high number)nth week
Actually there are only 3 weeks to go.

Short rounds suck

Obviously I'd say a large part of the reason wolfpack came back is because they thought they could win a round. If they do it does indicate a general decline in the quality of the playerbase but we pretty much knew that anyways.
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:42   #32
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Actually there are only 3 weeks to go.

Short rounds suck

Obviously I'd say a large part of the reason wolfpack came back is because they thought they could win a round. If they do it does indicate a general decline in the quality of the playerbase but we pretty much knew that anyways.
What steps are you doing in terms of bringing down WolfPack JBG?
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:43   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
What steps are you doing in terms of bringing down WolfPack JBG?
Circle-jerking. Yourself?
Unread 9 May 2007, 14:47   #34
Chika

I think from an ascendancy point of view: This is your game.
Unread 9 May 2007, 16:18   #35
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think from an ascendancy point of view: This is your game.
Whereas WP hasn't won a round or anything, you are truely being too harsh saying they're shit. There have always been some good players there and a handfull of good BC'S/DC's as well.

Other than that - amongst some others I myself asked some of the current HC two rounds back why they didn't reform the alliance. The reasoning given back then was that it was too short before the start of the new round (we suggested it near the ned of the round) to rally the hordes and not all HC were up for it yet. Just to indicate you there were signals earlier. WP didn't sit in the dark, jerking off to potentially winning a round for ages and decided to up the tempo when this round started so they could finally get an orgasm.

As always, believe what you want to believe though...
Unread 9 May 2007, 16:29   #36
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
Whereas WP hasn't won a round or anything, you are truely being too harsh saying they're shit. There have always been some good players there and a handfull of good BC'S/DC's as well.

Other than that - amongst some others I myself asked some of the current HC two rounds back why they didn't reform the alliance. The reasoning given back then was that it was too short before the start of the new round (we suggested it near the ned of the round) to rally the hordes and not all HC were up for it yet. Just to indicate you there were signals earlier. WP didn't sit in the dark, jerking off to potentially winning a round for ages and decided to up the tempo when this round started so they could finally get an orgasm.

As always, believe what you want to believe though...
Hook, I do agree, saying they are shit may be a tad harsh, but at the least, they have been cowardly, and have maintained this brand throughout their past life, and their current life. The fact that the idea was brought up a few rounds back does hold some water, but ironically, most of the players they have now were playing back then also, probably more active than now. So what was up? Ascendancy won last round without really even trying(CT thinks they won) It was lackluster all round. Noone did anything special. No wars no nothing. NOW all of a sudden WP wants to come back with the ultra HC team and a few oldies that are skilled enough to soak defence and cap roids. Hook, you said it yourself, not all of the HC were up for it. They were deterred by the fact that they had failed before, why waste time reforming to fail again?
Oh wait, the community is as relaxed as ever, I am sorry, but by now everyone knows that over 80% of everybody who is anybody is logged in to #ascendancy all round doing !quote commands and barely aware of whats going on.
They basically felt that now they could finally win, thus giving a curt slap to the face to anyone who plays this game on an organized level tbh.
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:03   #37
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

yes you are one of those clowns.you are being an embarASSment even for ascendancy, even with their high tolerance for ass-like ppl.
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:10   #38
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hook, I do agree, saying they are shit may be a tad harsh, but at the least, they have been cowardly, and have maintained this brand throughout their past life, and their current life. The fact that the idea was brought up a few rounds back does hold some water, but ironically, most of the players they have now were playing back then also, probably more active than now. So what was up? Ascendancy won last round without really even trying(CT thinks they won) It was lackluster all round. Noone did anything special. No wars no nothing. NOW all of a sudden WP wants to come back with the ultra HC team and a few oldies that are skilled enough to soak defence and cap roids. Hook, you said it yourself, not all of the HC were up for it. They were deterred by the fact that they had failed before, why waste time reforming to fail again?
Oh wait, the community is as relaxed as ever, I am sorry, but by now everyone knows that over 80% of everybody who is anybody is logged in to #ascendancy all round doing !quote commands and barely aware of whats going on.
They basically felt that now they could finally win, thus giving a curt slap to the face to anyone who plays this game on an organized level tbh.

You obviously havent heard of the Wolfpack vs Angels + VGN war going on for the best part of this week then
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:12   #39
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
You obviously havent heard of the Wolfpack vs Angels + VGN war going on for the best part of this week then
Funny, by the looks of it WP and VGN are mostly doing galaxy attacks. We tend to get 6-8 incs from both each day.
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:40   #40
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

their 'war' is gal attacks though
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:44   #41
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
their 'war' is gal attacks though
Join the army, attack everybody else but the ones you are warring with :-/
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:46   #42
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

if it makes you feel any better, they coordinate with a minimum of 3 other alliances to avoid double booking too though!
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:54   #43
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

That sounds a tad bit unlikely..
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:56   #44
jerome

unlikely, but true
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:18   #45
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I hit 2 hostile planets 2 days ago, both were the only targets in their respective gals. Obviously, I never landed bc there were like 4 ingal def fleets per target. Yesterday i made sure i took targets from gals which had at least 2 - 3 hostile planets. Going to war one on one is impractical, so we have to resort to 'gal raids' with as much hostiles as possible.
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:47   #46
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Most former 1up members don't play anymore, to my knowledge. Most good commanders of 1up don't play anymore. The eXilition players who play in Angels aren't controlled in the same manner they were in eXilition.

CT is very different from 1up and Angels is very different from eXilition. Do you disagree with this in any way, shape or form?

And they seem to have done really nicely to fix that, right?

That's not the only problem - far from it. It is one of many.

Point 1) Mazz was an origonal HC of 1up was he not? And further down the line Duck was also a HC of 1up. They are now HCs of CT unless i am mistaken? Also a lot of members that were in 1up are playing for CT.

Point 2) From what i hear Angels is split into 2. Angels core, and the exi BG. meaning the Exi BG run on their own virtually. And as Mac is their HC and was HC in exi, surely it is been ran closer to the way exi was ran then by how the alliance Angels is been ran?

Point 3) Of course Angels and CT are different to exi and 1up. I never claimed in any shape or form they were the same. I stated they are full of ex members of those 2 alliances, meaning they have the skill and firepower to actually take it to pack.

Point 4) This round is turning into the same as last round. isnt exciting at all.

point 5) I am aware it isnt the only problem within PA. I am pointing out problems due to alliances which is what this topic was based on in the first place? Not going to start going into a list about PA problems where the thread has no relevence.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 19:41   #47
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Point 1) Mazz was an origonal HC of 1up was he not? And further down the line Duck was also a HC of 1up. They are now HCs of CT unless i am mistaken? Also a lot of members that were in 1up are playing for CT.
CT are missing Sid, the 1up Kingpin.
Also, the 1up of late (R16-18) was completely different to the R13-15 1up that were around when I first started playing, and according to jer, the R13-15 1up was completely different to the "elite" 1up of rounds 11 & 12.
So CT is nothing like the 1up that had such a good reputation.
Same as the eXi BG being nothing like the eXi of rounds 13 and 15.
Unread 9 May 2007, 20:35   #48
jerome

1up only had a good reputation for rounds 11/12, ever since their reputation has been based on being better than the rest bar exilition. as harsh as it sounds, it's true. of course 1up were clearly part of the exilition/1up tier, i'd rate exilition ahead of them for obvious reasons.

CT run on several levels, in the same manner as 1up actually. similar tools, similar officer set up, similar schemes, similar everything - bar sid, apparently. i'd say ct is a continuation of 1up but it is not a continuation of fury/eclipse like 1up was. (that would be the r11/12 1up)
Unread 9 May 2007, 20:58   #49
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

I'll never claim that CT is on the same level as 1up/Exilition, until CT has won an equal amount of rounds, and accomplished what those two alliances have accomplished. As stated above, we have based our command structure in a similar set up to what 1up used, however we also have made modifications allowing Officers to run the day to day operation of the alliance moreso than 1up, or CT in round 20 for that matter. We do in fact have a decent number of ex 1up players, however, we ALSO have a good amount of the LCH core, among players from numerous other alliances, in cluding Angels, WP, Exi, Subh, TGV, F Crew, ND to name a few. CT is CT and we have our own PA chapter to write. Ofcourse the win in round 20 gave us a nice start to that chapter, but we don't claim anything other than, we are a tight group of ppl who hit it hard night after night. You may agree or disagree with our politics, but it is what it is. I think we played the political field intelligently in round 20. Are we a powerhouse alliance? no, atleast not yet, we've only played 1 round, when we've played a number of rounds, base our reputation on our accomplishments, but it's pointless to compare us to any other alliance, as it wouldn't be an apples to apples comparison.
Unread 9 May 2007, 21:26   #50
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

And i'm in CT, so clearly were pretty good.