User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Aug 2006, 19:20   #51
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sk's,.. Hypothetical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
To answer rocko's origional post (which hypothetically the rest of you were supposed to be doing) I have promoted the idea of going after other ally scanners and distorter wh0res as a great way to help win wars. So far my arguements have ussually fallen on deaf ears. In war the war of information gathering is just as important as the actual fleet battles fought. Knowing where and when your enemy will strike and what he will strike with as well as hiding your own intentions from him is an essential part of a successful war strategy. Focused attacked to disrupt and even destroy the intelligence centers of your enemy (in this case scanners) is a useful expenditure of resources imo. Since the advent of the ally fund however this has become more difficult as scanners no longer have to rely solely on their own personal resources. However temporary advantaged gained by destroying amps (either through covert ops or SKs) is a useful tactic imo and I am honestly suprised it isn't used more often.
Great post.

Rocko it really depends how many fleets are sent and how often. Certainly I've been aware that there have been periods in which a number of our planets have been hit by f-crew reliably 3+ days in a row (maybe 2-5 a night with waves) with the support of that scanner. I've also noticed that incomings on some of these planets from other alliances have fallen significantly when that scanner has had less amplifiers.

(For HK for example) It's probably a case of:

Do I want to ask a few friends to attack this planet with me, or do I want to spend the next week or two running ~10+ extra defence calls a night because I haven't.