User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Mar 2006, 04:09   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
fun havoc...

Havoc used to be fun, why do I feel bored ? Probably coz I'm not Zik. This havoc is good only for them, they just collect free fleets from inactives...
Havoc were fun when the fleets were reset, when changing race was allowed, when 'flags capture' was introduced, hen stealing ships were given to everybody.
I suggest the next Havoc be used to test some suggestions made on this board (who knows maybe they could turn to be really interesting).
We should make a wish list of suggestion we think could easily be implemented, what do you think?
- 2 tick attack/def
- 4 fleet slots
- no bashing limit, no upper limit for XP
Just to make Havoc a little special.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 09:02   #2
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: fun havoc...

Some of the new items people suggest, would need to have the code modified, and that takes time. Especially since that the current source code has been in use for a number of years, with patchs and addons being using, making the code messy.

Thats what PAN was about, to streamline the code (and a change in language, as the current coders are better with the new coding language), and the ability to add new modules (read: features) quickly with out need for drastic coding. So if you wanted four fleets, you could increase the fleet number, assign a specific action to the fleet (attack only/defend only) and change how many ticks you can attack (as in rounds 1-9). This also leads to the options of creating previous rounds (R1-R16), and have multiple games running at once.

Havoc is a good way for people to leave PA for a while, then come back for the new round.
But this still leaves the option for people to have something of PA to play, while the new round is getting ready.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 10:05   #3
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

what really drives me away from havoc nowadays are the long ticks.
15 minutes is way to long to be referred to as a "speedgame"
5-10 minutes ticks would be better (i know it has to be +5min caus ticks take 5 minutes but 15 mins is too damn long)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 12:03   #4
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
what really drives me away from havoc nowadays are the long ticks.
15 minutes is way to long to be referred to as a "speedgame"
5-10 minutes ticks would be better (i know it has to be +5min caus ticks take 5 minutes but 15 mins is too damn long)
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 14:46   #5
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Religfree I figure your biggest problem is the bash limit not the tick speed. After all you only ever attacked me anyway.

On average once daily for the last 300 ticks iirc.