User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Sep 2009, 22:36   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
What book are you reading now?

I'm just finished with "Mugabe" by David Smith & Colin Simpson (1981).
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2009, 22:52   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What book are you reading now?

I just finished The Forest by Edward Rutherfurd, my next one will be something by Raymond E. Feist.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2009, 00:03   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm reading Arsène Lupin by Maurice Leblanc
Unread 29 Sep 2009, 01:00   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

rhino what you did last summer by paul howard

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2009, 01:40   #5
Zygon
Too Legit to Quit

Zygon is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading that new Dan Brown (shite). Reading The Two Towers. Reading Patrick Robinson, USS Seawolf
Unread 29 Sep 2009, 16:53   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

The God Delusion by Dawkins and Postwar: a History of Europe Since 1945 by Tony Judt

recently finished A Short history of nearly everything by Bryson, Paris: 1919 by MacMillan and Churchill by Shaffner.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 29 Sep 2009 at 16:58.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2009, 20:25   #7
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

David Mitchell Ghostwritten, love it
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2009, 21:47   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Life of Apollonius of Tyana by Philostratus
Unread 30 Sep 2009, 07:55   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Neutronium Alchemist by Peter F Hamilton, after whatever the hell the first one was called. And looking for more space-opera style suggestions after it, if anyone has any good ones
Unread 30 Sep 2009, 14:50   #10
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I've just finished Winter: A Berlin Family, 1899 - 1945 by Len Deighton.
It doesn't really go in depth into the history as the book mainly concentrates on the (mostly personal) lives of the characters involved. Still a good read though.

I'm about to start Matter by Iain M. Banks. I've heard it's not very good but it's the only Culture novel I haven't read yet so I figured I'd give it a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo View Post
The Neutronium Alchemist by Peter F Hamilton, after whatever the hell the first one was called. And looking for more space-opera style suggestions after it, if anyone has any good ones
The Naked God is book 3, in case you didn't know there was a book 3 I'm planning to get around to reading that series eventually. What did you think of the first two books?
Unread 30 Sep 2009, 22:06   #11
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Just finished Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice a day or two ago, unsure what I´ll read next. Got another Anne Rice vampire story here, but feel like I need a change.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2009, 00:11   #12
Pommeh
eXcessum

Pommeh is on a distinguished road

I just finished Trudi Canavans - Age of the Five series.

Just started on Stephen Donaldson - Lord Foul's Bane.

Quite possibly the worst player you've ever heard of!?

Yes! but you have heard of me.
Pommeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2009, 07:42   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker View Post
I've just finished Winter: A Berlin Family, 1899 - 1945 by Len Deighton.
It doesn't really go in depth into the history as the book mainly concentrates on the (mostly personal) lives of the characters involved. Still a good read though.

I'm about to start Matter by Iain M. Banks. I've heard it's not very good but it's the only Culture novel I haven't read yet so I figured I'd give it a go.

The Naked God is book 3, in case you didn't know there was a book 3 I'm planning to get around to reading that series eventually. What did you think of the first two books?
Half-way through the second at the minute but I got straight into it. Found the first to be a bit of a slow burner until about half-way through but it certainly picked up pace and I'm glad that the second didn't do the same thing but was a pretty much direct continuation of the story.

Also, Matter isn't the best Culture novel I'd agree, but it does bring the other Involved races into the spotlight a bit which was good. It's also the only Culture book that I've not been disappointed with ending-wise - some of them have annoyed me for teasing a big finale but ultimately ending quite anticlimactically.
Unread 2 Oct 2009, 00:24   #14
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I’m reading two. Battle Cry of Freedom is about the American Civil War, it’s very good and accessible about a period of history I knew nothing about. The first third is devoted to the background and causes, I’d defiantly recommend it if anyone is interested in that period. The second is a bad Sci-Fi book called The Reality Dysfunction, it’s not horrible bad but the main character has slept with about half the galaxy, it's worse than a Mills & Boon book.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2009, 08:34   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
The second is a bad Sci-Fi book called The Reality Dysfunction, it’s not horrible bad but the main character has slept with about half the galaxy, it's worse than a Mills & Boon book.
It gets better.
Unread 2 Oct 2009, 10:44   #16
morrow

morrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nice

Quote:
You could try (in this order)

The Golden Age
The Phoenix Exultant
The Golden Transcendance

by John. C. Wright.
morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2009, 00:44   #17
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Winds of Dune by Kevin Anderson and Franks Herbert's son.
Unread 11 Oct 2009, 10:27   #18
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Quote:
It gets better.

And then he seduces the barely legal daughter of his business partner, not to mention Quinn and his massive 'flesh sword', gangbangs and undead homosexual
rape dwarf.

They are really good books though Al Capone, Space Emperor.
Unread 11 Oct 2009, 17:56   #19
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: What book are you reading now?

Eminem - Whatever you say I am

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2009, 13:09   #20
Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to all

I’m halfway through the book of Genesis & there’s no mention of Phil Collins yet?
Antoninus Pius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 10:23   #21
henrythomas

henrythomas is on a distinguished road

Well I have reading comics most of the times. Currently i have reading superman series.

Last edited by henrythomas; 22 Oct 2009 at 08:39.
henrythomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 16:34   #22
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I am re-reading the Art of War by Sun Tzu
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 17:33   #23
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Rhetoric by Aristotle
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 21:16   #24
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

2010: Odyssey Two - Arthur C Clarke - classic.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2009, 21:51   #25
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Two books: "The Colditz Myth" and "How to live a low-carbon life"

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2009, 23:04   #26
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bad Science - Ben Goldacre
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2009, 23:06   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt View Post
Two books: "The Colditz Myth" and "How to live a low-carbon life"
So how do we live a low-carbon life?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2009, 19:08   #28
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
The Life of Apollonius of Tyana by Philostratus
Is this a Romantic Novel? Detective fiction? I haven't seen it on the news stand.

However, I like the title. I like apples.

Princeps Fury by Butcher
Unread 18 Feb 2010, 00:06   #29
Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to all

Simon Scarrow's Centurion series is tickling me at the moment. Nice light escapism with a knob of history. Nice.
Antoninus Pius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2010, 00:21   #30
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda View Post
Is this a Romantic Novel? Detective fiction? I haven't seen it on the news stand.

However, I like the title. I like apples.

Princeps Fury by Butcher
sorry i missed this.

the edition i have is published by what is called the loeb classical library which is something to do with a modern university in your country called harvard or somesuch.

I feel as red faced as the last time i had to thank cadiz for preserving aristotle from those pesky fanatical christians.
Unread 18 Feb 2010, 13:07   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"The Complaints" by Ian Rankin

Was given it for christmas but just got round to reading it.

Its slow paced for a Rankin novel , and I sense he needs a Rebus type character in every novel now to focus his storytelling , as the last few novels have kinda left me cold, with unlikeable/unsympathetic main characters and endings which read like a badly written Hollywood movie.

Hopefully it improves over the next few chapters.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 07:30   #32
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

finished 'the constant princess' by philippa gregory
reading 'the book of the dead' by patricia cornwall
next i want to read 'pride and prejudice and zombies' by seth grahame-smith (and jane austen)
Unread 22 Feb 2010, 19:17   #33
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov View Post
So how do we live a low-carbon life?

The most low carbon life is one that ends quickly. Preferably in a low carbon way, like an FSC certified crossbow bolt.

I'm reading '1812: Napoleon's Fatal March on Moscow' by Zamoyski, 'Chapterhouse Dune' by Herbert and 'The Physics of Solar Cells' by Nelson. Turns out that being cold and hungry is pretty bad. So is being chased across the galaxy by dominatrices, or eating cadmium telluride.

I take it we've all read A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin? It's brilliant. And handles its idealistic characters with a good dose of realism.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2010, 02:23   #34
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm reading Homicide by David Simon.

It's been a good read but Simon's writing style is a bit heavy at times.
Unread 3 Mar 2010, 16:03   #35
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

TV adaption of George R R Martin's A Game of Thrones has been greenlighted by HBO.

Awesome!
Unread 3 Mar 2010, 16:53   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm reading Thomas Hardy's Far From The Madding Crowd and a book on the 2008 US Presidential election. (I read the first one when I'm going somewhere as the second one is too big to fit in a pocket or anything comfortably.)

And even I've read a song of ice and fire! Stupid old guy taking 15 years to write 2 books I hope you ****ing die.
Unread 3 Mar 2010, 17:36   #37
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I'm reading Thomas Hardy's Far From The Madding Crowd and a book on the 2008 US Presidential election. (I read the first one when I'm going somewhere as the second one is too big to fit in a pocket or anything comfortably.)

And even I've read a song of ice and fire! Stupid old guy taking 15 years to write 2 books I hope you ****ing die.
I've never known anyone who voluntarily read hardy - are you trying to counterbalance an accidental leak of prozac into your drinking water ?
Unread 3 Mar 2010, 19:09   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
I've never known anyone who voluntarily read hardy - are you trying to counterbalance an accidental leak of prozac into your drinking water ?
I find him rather amusing at times.

Quote:
As far as could be learnt it appeared that the poor young dog, still under the impression that since he was kept for running after sheep, the more he ran after them the better, had at the end of his meal off the dead lamb, which may have given him additional energy and spirits, collected all the ewes into a corner, driven the timid creatures through the hedge, across the upper field, and by main force of worrying had given them momentum enough to break down a portion of the rotten railing, and so hurled them over the edge.

George's son had done his work so thoroughly that he was considered too good a workman to live, and was, in fact, taken and tragically shot at twelve o'clock that same day -- another instance of the untoward fate which so often attends dogs and other philosophers who follow out a train of reasoning to its logical conclusion, and attempt perfectly consistent conduct in a world made up so largely of compromise.
Unread 5 Mar 2010, 12:07   #39
meonplanet

meonplanet is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks.

Last edited by meonplanet; 16 Mar 2010 at 18:53.
meonplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 09:51   #40
Razock

Razock is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading 2 books atm: The greatest show on earth - Richard Dawkins
and History of Philosophy - Hans Joachim Storig
Razock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 11:28   #41
Gate
;D!

Farlander by Col Buchanan (review copy). Surprisingly good, it's got me gripped.

Cool it by Bjorn Lomborg. Reasonable approach, tends to concentrate on low end estimates and spends lots of time covering old ground. He's pointing me in the direction of interesting papers though.
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 11:51   #42
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Recently finished Kershaw's Hitler biography, right now I'm busy with The Cambridge History of American foreign relations volume IV - America in the Age of Soviet Power, 1945-1991 by Warren I. Cohen and Inside the Kremlin's Cold War - From Stalin to Krushchev by Vladislav Zubok and Constantine Pleshakov.
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 16:34   #43
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I actually haven't read A song of ice and fire.

I am currently reading Murakami's Kafka on the beach
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 17:58   #44
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I actually haven't read A song of ice and fire.
Every geek should.

It's sort of ruined other fantasy for me though. No author author manages half a dozen+ PoV characters with such elan.
Unread 13 Mar 2010, 18:48   #45
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

No way I start on such a series before it's been finished by the author. Not doing another Wheel of time mistake.
Unread 10 Apr 2014, 04:39   #46
Kelvin

Kelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently reading The Quick By Lauren Owen.
Unread 11 Apr 2014, 11:43   #47
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. It's getting tense now, 11 books in (plus all the relevant short stories from "Side Jobs"). NEED MORE.
Unread 11 Apr 2014, 13:15   #48
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm working my way through a bunch of Pratchetts. Been a while since I read those, and I need a break from super serious fiction for a bit.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2014, 16:57   #49
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i am (re)reading David Gemmell's 'The Swords of Night and Day'
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2014, 07:36   #50
Amport
Banned

Amport is an unknown quantity at this point

Just purchased The Road By Cormac McCarthy.
Amport is offline   Reply With Quote