User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Feb 2008, 14:36   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Your Worries

What is/are your biggest worry(ies) at this moment in time?

Personally, I'm scared I won't pass the induction (NQT) year of teaching. It's all based on evidence (such as "Teacher knows how to use innovative teaching styles", "Teacher knows how to teach challenging, well-organised lessons") which goes into a big fat folder.
Normally I'd have until the end of the Summer term (June/July) but as I officially have done 1 term in my last school, before I got cancer, I have to have it all finished by Easter. It's pretty stressful as writing up and collating evidence is very time-consuming.
As well as getting all the evidence, I have one "final assessment" where one of the deputy heads comes into my lesson and watches me teach. I need to get a reasonable grade (minimum: "satisfactory") and if I don't, then I effectively fail and won't be allowed to teach ever again. So it's quite a big deal, just based on this one lesson!

Apart from that I don't have many worries, except for the obvious one of "scared that I'll relapse". I live quite a sheltered, comfortable life.

Share your concerns and worries with the rest of the forum! -100 internet points for jesting/ridiculing at the expense of others! +100 internet points for offering advice and reassurance! :bluepeter:
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 15:02   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your Worries

i think depression and overriding apathy will sabotage my degree completely. I'm too proud to go for counselling or Prozac, but I've already lopped 10% off the top of my course for writing none of my four first term essays. My lecture attendance is below 20%, and I can't remember the last time I went an hour without a drink after waking up. This morning I've already got through half a bottle of gin. I'll almost certainly have to repeat this year to get good honours, but I doubt I'll be allowed to. Three of the four people I live with are in roughly the same boat and none of them have escape routes either. I'm turning into horn, surrounded by other horns. Help
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 15:34   #3
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Phang,
When you wake up in the morning, drink a lot of coffee. It's not the same as gin, but it will give you a decent buzz. Drinking a half a bottle of gin a day will ****ing kill you, man. While you are drinking two pots of coffee, do a bit of research for you essays or write a few notes about the essays you need to write. Take a nap. Have sex with one of your roommates. Drink a beer. Do more research. Write a bit on an essay. Take a nap. Repeat.
Texan
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 15:38   #4
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

My biggest concern is that I won't be able to create a web site that does what my boss wants it to do. I'm not even sure that a web site can do what he wants.

People are dying around the world, and my biggest concern is how to design an effective web site.
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 15:44   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

and what is it that your boss wants it to do
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 15:55   #6
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm worried that I'm not worrying enough
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 17:00   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

no worries, life is going just where I want now

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 17:31   #8
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Slightly worried that I won't get my PGCE app done in time and that even if I do I'll hate it anyway
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 17:32   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have rent to pay and I have no money.

I've got time and I'm not thinking about it, but both of these will eventually become unworkable. If I leave it too late then I may be forced to leave uni and move back home.

At this moment though I'm uin denial, so I'm sure everything will work out just fine.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 18:56   #10
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

Personally, I'm scared I won't pass the induction (NQT) year of teaching. It's all based on evidence (such as "Teacher knows how to use innovative teaching styles", "Teacher knows how to teach challenging, well-organised lessons") which goes into a big fat folder.
Normally I'd have until the end of the Summer term (June/July) but as I officially have done 1 term in my last school, before I got cancer, I have to have it all finished by Easter. It's pretty stressful as writing up and collating evidence is very time-consuming.
As well as getting all the evidence, I have one "final assessment" where one of the deputy heads comes into my lesson and watches me teach. I need to get a reasonable grade (minimum: "satisfactory") and if I don't, then I effectively fail and won't be allowed to teach ever again. So it's quite a big deal, just based on this one lesson!

Apart from that I don't have many worries, except for the obvious one of "scared that I'll relapse". I live quite a sheltered, comfortable life.

Share your concerns and worries with the rest of the forum! -100 internet points for jesting/ridiculing at the expense of others! +100 internet points for offering advice and reassurance! :bluepeter:
Seriously, you've got not need to worry. They are desperate for teachers, unless you are an overt paedophile then you'll be fine. +100 internet points

How do you think you got this far? -100 internet points

It might be a good idea to suck up to the deputy head, get on his good side so to speak. + 100 internet points

You gigolo -100 internet points

And at the end of that round, you scored 0 internet points!

Better luck next time!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 19:07   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

My gf has already been offered her job for her second year and doesn't have her nqt yet, she has to do all that jazz to I imagine.

PS. You'll be fine man
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 19:13   #12
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
My gf has already been offered her job for her second year and doesn't have her nqt yet, she has to do all that jizz to I imagine.
QFT.
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 19:29   #13
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

That clearly says jazz you ****ing idiot.

I hope you don't get the money you need and that your house burns down so you're homeless and die of rabies
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 19:32   #14
All Systems Go

Quote:

I hope you don't get the money you need and that your house burns down so you're homeless and die of rabies
Quote:
Originally Posted by asg
It might be a good idea to suck up to the deputy head, get on his good side so to speak. + 100 internet points

You gigolo -100 internet points

And at the end of that round, you scored 0 internet points!

Better luck next time!
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 19:38   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

Definitely death
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 19:39   #16
All Systems Go

Surely a skank sucking for success.

Alliteration is fun!
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 19:53   #17
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

I hope your girlfriend posts pictures of her jizz on the internet.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 00:10   #18
Texan
Prince of Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
and what is it that your boss wants it to do
Induce our community members to participate in community events.
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 00:37   #19
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

biggest worry right now is whether i should go out or have another beer, watch another episode of the shield then go to bed.

Lack of motivation is leading to the latter but I haven't been out here on a friday since before christmas...

Maybe next week...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 15:14   #20
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Induce our community members to participate in community events.
That sounds scarily authoritarian.
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 15:36   #21
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
My gf has already been offered her job for her second year and doesn't have her nqt yet, she has to do all that jazz to I imagine.

PS. You'll be fine man
It depends on the LEA. Where I was before (Sutton) there was none of this rigmarole. They watched me in a couple of lessons, but I didn't ever feel at risk of anything. In Surrey (where I am now) it's much more complicated. In a way it's cool because you gets loads of support, but it's also quite stressful. Adding that to a newish department that failed last year (high expectations from me and my head of dept, both new) is
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 15:38   #22
All Systems Go

Quote:
It depends on the LEA. Where I was before (Sutton) there was none of this rigmarole. They watched me in a couple of lessons, but I didn't ever feel at risk of anything. In Surrey (where I am now) it's much more complicated. In a way it's cool because you gets loads of support, but it's also quite stressful. Adding that to a newish department that failed last year (high expectations from me and my head of dept, both new) is
What was the new department? Was it the Department of British Citizenship or something equally as Orwellian?
Unread 16 Feb 2008, 19:22   #23
Tomkat

huh? no, the ict department... we teach ict...?

newish as in there's a new head of department (last one was sacked/quit) and i'm new.

Last edited by Tomkat; 16 Feb 2008 at 20:26.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 14:19   #24
All Systems Go

I see, my mistake. I thought another department had actually collapsed (i.e. been shut down, not in the literal sense of building demolition) which was not directly related you you, but a stain on the school you worked for. In turn, piling more pressure on the remaining teachers to drag that school back up the league tables by the bollocks.
Unread 20 Feb 2008, 16:22   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Your Worries

Quote:
Whether I will be able to get my hair 'right' for Friday night.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2008, 01:04   #26
Rachael
Ryan Stiles

Rachael has a spectacular aura aboutRachael has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Whether I will be able to get my hair 'right' for Friday night.
always a worrying time

I worry about whether my pants are clean and soiling myself. You never know when it might happen

Also worried about failing my MA but ya know
Unread 23 Feb 2008, 01:33   #27
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I have one "anal assessment" where one of the deputy heads comes into my......
That does sound stressful!

My one worry is the low state of education in Surrey.
Unread 23 Feb 2008, 14:31   #28
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Most parts of my life seem to go pretty smoothly. My biggest worries seem to be more or less age related.

I feel like i'm getting old so I quickly need a decent girlfriend to settle with, but all the decent girls seem to be taken. I wouldn't mind spending some time and shagging with the ones that are left, but they are unfit to be introduced to my friends and family.

Also, I quickly need a job that I can put on my CV, before any more time is wasted, but I seem to have problems making time for it. The days on which i'm available seem to be pretty random, and some weeks I don't have any time at all.

Last edited by Alessio; 23 Feb 2008 at 14:37.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2008, 14:37   #29
All Systems Go

At the moment, I'm worried that I'm going to fail my Advanced Stats class. This is because I am gonig to fail my Advanced Stats Class. The reason for this is that my Advanced Stats class doesn't make any ****ing sense. Stupid ****ing ****edy **** **** piece of ****ing shit!

And I'm probably gonig to miss the Carling Cup final tomorrow to sit in the library and not do this ****ing ****edy **** **** piece of shit.

Unread 25 Feb 2008, 11:26   #30
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Most parts of my life seem to go pretty smoothly. My biggest worries seem to be more or less age related.

I feel like i'm getting old so I quickly need a decent girlfriend to settle with, but all the decent girls seem to be taken. I wouldn't mind spending some time and shagging with the ones that are left, but they are unfit to be introduced to my friends and family.

Also, I quickly need a job that I can put on my CV, before any more time is wasted, but I seem to have problems making time for it. The days on which i'm available seem to be pretty random, and some weeks I don't have any time at all.

How old are you?
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2008, 12:22   #31
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
How old are you?
I think he is using 'old' as a euphemism for 'knob rot I picked up in Ibiza'.
Unread 25 Feb 2008, 19:58   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Im worried that the world will go even more shit than it is today.
Im worried that I will never find a woman that I really, really fancy.

Other than that, Im not worried.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2008, 21:22   #33
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Im worried that the world will go even more shit than it is today.
Don't worry, it definatly will get more shit.

Quote:
Im worried that I will never find a woman that I really, really fancy.
Maybe you're a homosexual?
Unread 25 Feb 2008, 22:58   #34
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Maybe you're a homosexual?
Would not that be more off a indication of me being asexual?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 02:05   #35
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I thought being a Norwegian communist indicated that?
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 13:49   #36
All Systems Go

Quote:
Go ahead and pick the least likely option, statistically speaking.

You homophobe.
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 14:44   #37
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
How old are you?
I don't think you would live up to my expectations; with you having a penis and all..

Last edited by Alessio; 26 Feb 2008 at 14:59.
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 14:59   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Being too lazy in college and not getting a first. I also fear dying alone but mostly because that'll mean I won't get to take anyone out with me.
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 19:06   #39
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I don't think you would live up to my expectations; with you having a penis and all..

And your age is???
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 21:28   #40
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm worried that my ass isn't as good as it used to be. I don't kid myself, it was never stunning to begin with but it had a little game at least, and I could go climbing without concerning myself that all anyone could see was a whale climbing a wall.

Oh and world strife.
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 22:11   #41
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
And your age is???

Last edited by Alessio; 27 Feb 2008 at 05:44. Reason: I have nothing better to do.
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 10:39   #42
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

Quote:

That's my worry too. Most of the women I meet have serious issues or are just not "compatible" with my personality.
My worry is I'll stay single too long, the worry doesn't come from a lack of sex but because society nowadays pressures people to find a partner to share your life with and I just can't find one.
I want to move out and live on my own but financially it's not possible to pay for a house as a single earner (in Belgium).
I worry that I'll become "that guy" that lives with his parents at age 30 or will need to put up with a woman that will drag me into depression for the rest of my life until I start beating her.
Quote:
23 here aswell!
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 14:02   #43
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
That's my worry too. Most of the women I meet have serious issues or are just not "compatible" with my personality.
My worry is I'll stay single too long, the worry doesn't come from a lack of sex but because society nowadays pressures people to find a partner to share your life with and I just can't find one.
Chill out. Society is over-rated.

Quote:
I want to move out and live on my own but financially it's not possible to pay for a house as a single earner (in Belgium).
If you're that concerned, why not move into a hosue with some friends/strangers/drug addicts?

Quote:
I worry that I'll become "that guy" that lives with his parents at age 30
What is the problem? Is it just financial or is it just too comfortable?

Quote:
or will need to put up with a woman that will drag me into depression for the rest of my life until I start beating her.
You shouldn't hit* your mother

Quote:
23 here aswell!
You're hardly over the hill. If you're that concerned do something about it!

*shag
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 14:13   #44
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

Well it's just easier with two to buy food and other consumer goods, I meant that kind of pressure from society. I've considered moving in with friends but we were afraid it might ruin the good relationships we have going so far. I've heard alot of people moving in together, seeing eachother too much, concentrating on the little things that annoy you and never talking again.
Well financially living alone is very comfortable, but I'm starting to be more and more independant and being asked with who and where I was every night starts bugging the crap out of me. Not to mention the fact that I can't bring every girl home or she gets the third degree or I get the third degree the next day.

I realise I still have alot of time but it's just a worry that keeps coming closer and closer to reality.
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 15:37   #45
All Systems Go

Quote:
Well it's just easier with two to buy food and other consumer goods, I meant that kind of pressure from society. I've considered moving in with friends but we were afraid it might ruin the good relationships we have going so far. I've heard alot of people moving in together, seeing eachother too much, concentrating on the little things that annoy you and never talking again.
Well financially living alone is very comfortable, but I'm starting to be more and more independant and being asked with who and where I was every night starts bugging the crap out of me. Not to mention the fact that I can't bring every girl home or she gets the third degree or I get the third degree the next day.

I realise I still have alot of time but it's just a worry that keeps coming closer and closer to reality.
Move in with strangers?

Also, I find your 'I live with my mum because of pressure from society to buy industrial sized bags of cabbage' a little disingenuous.
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 16:09   #46
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Well yeah that's true, it's more of an inconvenience than a reason why I don't move out alone. It's still an inconvenience though. I guess the real and only reason is the financial gain from living with my parents and the impossibility to pay alone as a single earner.
Moving in with strangers would probably have the same problems as why I can't find a girl that matches me. I know, this is all just excuses and seems like I'm just not really ready to move out but like I said, it's more a worry for something coming closer and closer to reality than a problem right now.

Either way, thanks for your replies.
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 19:04   #47
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As others said, move into a houseshare with strangers (or friends if possible). No-one our age can buy property, it simply isn't possible without having some serious wealth behind you.

There's several British GD members who have taken up graduate jobs in London, moving away from home and living with strangers in house/flat shares. I haven't heard about any horror stories yet.
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 21:52   #48
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
There's several British GD members who have taken up graduate jobs in London, moving away from home and living with strangers in house/flat shares. I haven't heard about any horror stories yet.
Probably because the strangers don't post here.
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 23:57   #49
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm worried I won't be granted the visa upgrade we've just applied for and will have to move back to the UK in six months.

The moving back isn't such a bad thing, losing $50k on the house we bought (we got bum information on our Green Card application) most definitely is.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 01:37   #50
dda
USS Oklahoma

Go to Mexico and sneak back in.