User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Feb 2007, 22:12   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Cannabis Cameron

So it turns out, shock horror that the leader of the official opposition has smoked cannabis. Where did this monstrous act take place? In Eton, of all places!

Who would have thought it possible that:

1) A public schoolboy would take illegal substances

and

2) Become a politician

the mind really does boggle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6350909.stm

thankfully Norman tebbit was on hand to offer his support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebbit
"On the whole I've always thought that it was better to be pretty honest about things because sooner or later the truth of the matter tends to come out and it's always better to have brought it out yourself rather than have somebody else bring it out."
In my day he would have been hung for such an action. What is the Conservative Party coming to? :crymeariver:
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2007, 22:30   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cannabis Cameron

I forget, are you a Marxist or a Trotskyist?
Unread 10 Feb 2007, 22:58   #3
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

honesty in a politician ......

argghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WORLD IS ENDING!
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 00:18   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Golly Gosh! Didn't see that one coming. Politicians, Eaton & Drugs?

Never!

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 01:02   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Cannabis Cameron

But did he inhale?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 01:21   #6
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
1) A public schoolboy would take illegal substances
End your life now, more people from public schools take drugs than those from state schools.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 01:34   #7
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
End your life now, more people from public schools take drugs than those from state schools.
Now I can't be sure, but I think that maybe, just maybe, he was being sarcastic
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 01:37   #8
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

its just that there are more state schools, so overall the numbers are higher than in the few public schools left.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 01:50   #9
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Superheros are vigilantes. they do not belong to any particular crime-fighting organisation, they just use their powers to fight crime in the best way they see fit. By not becoming part of an organised crime-fighting unit they are able to tackle the issues they want in the way they see fit without comprimise to a higher power or to doctrinal writings.

I, like Spiderman (he's my favourite cause he's the most emo ) fight for what I believe in, in the way I see fit (usually moaning on GD). the doctrinal limits of a party are often devisive in that they demand submission to a leader. Should the leadership become corrupted (as it inevitably will should it become large enough to make a significant impact on national politics) then reverting back from that point becomes very difficult.

take the Labour Party for example, when Blair goes it will still be controlled by New Labour so it's not as easy as removing the top individual if his rabble still remains, constantly lurking in the background waiting to seize power again.

Look at the tories with their fancy new logo and internet adverts, the backbench is still full of rotting old zombie throwbacks.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 01:52   #10
All Systems Go

Quote:
I'd say your statistically incorrect, though I would imagine the drugs taken would differ between state and public schools, though I have no evidence to back up that claim.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 03:14   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You wouldn't get druggie ruffians like Cameron in UKIP that's a cert.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 03:30   #12
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

The Norwegian Prime Minister smoked cannabis during his youth and his sister is a drug addict.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 05:28   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Superheros are vigilantes. they do not belong to any particular crime-fighting organisation, they just use their powers to fight crime in the best way they see fit.
Not even horn (and he is the most deluded member of GD we have; including the family travler) can see this as 'crime fighting'.

Time is not a relative thing.

You (and the daily mail; oh what ghastly company you keep) seem to care about what a boy once did. A child.

And your justification is that many years later that boy went on to stand for public office?

pathetic.

Quote:
I, like Spiderman (he's my favourite cause he's the most emo )
He's my favourite too. I love him because he spreads the message of noblesse oblige.

Though it falls on deaf ears.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 10:57   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I'd say your statistically incorrect, though I would imagine the drugs taken would differ between state and public schools, though I have no evidence to back up that claim.
Speaking from personal experience; I went to a state school in central London full of "blacks" for 5 years. The school has a pretty bad reputation as the idiots try to give it just that.
There, maybe 30% of the pupils in my year had tried Cannabis, about 10% take it regularly.
I'd say less than 10% had ever tried Class As and I'm guessing that there were only 1 or 2 people who take them.

I now go to a sixth form at a public school full of rich Jewish kids.
Around 80%, if not more, of the pupils have taken Cannabis. Of those, 50-60% do it regularly
Around 40% have tried class As and over 20% take them regularly or semi-regularly.

Don't even get me started on Class A drugs, especially since "Blacks" are scared shitless of them and will rarely go near them, whereas people from public schools read up on the drugs before deciding that they'd like to try it etc.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 11:09   #15
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Not even horn (and he is the most deluded member of GD we have; including the family travler) can see this as 'crime fighting'.

You (and the daily mail; oh what ghastly company you keep) seem to care about what a boy once did. A child.

And your justification is that many years later that boy went on to stand for public office?

pathetic.
itt public schoolboys miss the point.

Maybe you and _Kila_ could form a comedic double act and warm up the crowd for Deffeh and horns band.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 11:44   #16
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Quote:
There, maybe 30% of the pupils in my year had tried Cannabis, about 10% take it regularly.
I'd say less than 10% had ever tried Class As and I'm guessing that there were only 1 or 2 people who take them.

I now go to a sixth form at a public school full of rich Jewish kids.
Around 80%, if not more, of the pupils have taken Cannabis. Of those, 50-60% do it regularly
Around 40% have tried class As and over 20% take them regularly or semi-regularly.

could that be more to do with the cost of the drug and being able to choose because you can afford it ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 13:55   #17
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's nothing to do with the cost. Drugs are cheap. Certainly cheap enough that if you want them you can get them.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 14:19   #18
_Kila_
break it down!

It is partially the cost, but the poorly educated idiots are scared of drugs because of all the propaganda that has been pumped into us from a young age about saying no to drugs and drugs being bad; more intelligent people tend to think for themselves and make their own judgements about them whereas some people don't want to think for themselves.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 15:25   #19
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
It's nothing to do with the cost. Drugs are cheap. Certainly cheap enough that if you want them you can get them.
Especially alcohol.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 16:09   #20
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
itt public schoolboys miss the point.
Go on then. Justify this story.

What is this all elusive 'point'?
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 16:18   #21
All Systems Go

Quote:
Go on then. Justify this story.

What is this all elusive 'point'?
I think you've got yourself rather in a muddle. Go and make yourself a cup of tea and look again.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 16:20   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Lorentz, and subsequently Einstein, disagree.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 16:25   #23
_Kila_
break it down!

I'm agreeing with Yahwe, which point did we miss?

I found a part of your post which I disagreed with and addressed it, that doesn't mean that I missed the point of your post.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 16:36   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The point of the thread seems to be to inform people that something that people shouldn't care about has happened.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 16:48   #25
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The point of the thread seems to be to inform people that something that people shouldn't care about has happened.
So near, yet so far.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 17:17   #26
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I think you've got yourself rather in a muddle. Go and make yourself a cup of tea and look again.
You're making no sense at all.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 17:19   #27
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I thought that we already knew all this and that it was generally agreed that Cameron had at one stage or other taken lots of Charlie as well.

I don't know how politicians get into these stupid conversations. The most hilarious thing is the hypocrisy in the media as if no journalist has ever taken any drugs. Given the number of people in the UK who have smoked pot by now, I don't know why they think anyone would even care.
Wasn't that George Osborne who took cocaine?

I don't care about it in the slightest - it just shows how desperate our media is for a story. In fact, Cameron could probably turn it to his favour (appeal to young voters lol) by admitting it in the right way, but sacrificing principles (politician's right to a private life) probably isn't the right way to go.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 17:26   #28
All Systems Go

that I have to make this post degrades all of us.

Firstly, I would like to point out that the language and tone of the piece (i.e. the initial post) was of a rather sarcastic nature. I was hoping to illuminate this point with the two specifics I indicated in the form of bullet-points.

Now, I understand it can sometimes be difficult to convey such an expression over the internet through text alone. I was also expecting (somewhat arrogantly, I must admit) that my feelings regarding the media on which I have made numerous threads and posts, lambasting every pathetic bias riddled column inch might be known to some of the more regular users.

Clearly, I was wrong about this yet I thought that there might be enough evidence within this thread that would allow you to get an inkling that I am not actually a disenchanted member of the Conservative Party who would want our Glorious Leader hanged for smoking a joint half a life time ago.

Firstly, there was this:

Quote:
then this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
Now I can't be sure, but I think that maybe, just maybe, he was being sarcastic
We can leave Demon Daves astute obersvation (astute compared to some of the other contribution in this thread) as it is for there is no need for explaination, just a statement to indicate that he correct.

It is possible that you may have considered the former quote to be some kind of in-joke between tory chums. If so, you were spectaularly wrong. My reply in turn was a quasi-serious explaination regarding my dislike for centralised power groups, regardless of whom they claim to represent.

At no point (except in jest) did I claim to give an opinion on his actions nor a serious comment on what should happen to him as a result. At no point did I claim this thread to be be an attempt at 'crime-fighting', though Spiderman really is my favourite superhero.

In conclusion, this thread was merely an attempt to make fun of a non-story by a hypocritical media who prefer gossip over news whilst taking a cheap shot at a man for whom I have quite high levels of contempt. the way drugs are viewed in this country is a disgrace and so is the view that politicians should be born superhuman and never err.

I've tried to be thorough in my explaination, but if you find you need a simpler breakdown of what I have written, feel free to ask.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 17:28   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
So near, yet so far.
Well, it's a step up from what I consider most of the rest of the news posts to be, which is informing people that something that they don't care about has occurred.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 17:41   #30
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

In this thread, Yahwe, Furball and Kila were really, really stupid.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 17:55   #31
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I was going to make the same point as Kila but he got there first.

The few Etonians I know wouldn't think twice about taking a few disco biscuits.

I'm not disagreeing with you - but public schoolboys are just as bad at LEAST for substance abuse. Just look at Prince Harry! (lolz)
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 17:58   #32
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I was going to make the same point as Kila but he got there first.

The few Etonians I know wouldn't think twice about taking a few disco biscuits.

I'm not disagreeing with you - but public schoolboys are just as bad at LEAST for substance abuse. Just look at Prince Harry! (lolz)
this post is genius.

Only tk could have made this post.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 18:08   #33
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
In this thread, Yahwe, Furball and Kila were really, really stupid.
Your continued love and good will means so much to me

ASG - my reading of your post was that you, as a fairly left-wing member of the forum, was condemning Cameron for his drug use as a teenager. I suspect that a number of other posters thought the same. Sarcasm is always obvious when it's pointed out...
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 18:51   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
ASG - my reading of your post was that you, as a fairly left-wing member of the forum, was condemning Cameron for his drug use as a teenager. I suspect that a number of other posters thought the same. Sarcasm is always obvious when it's pointed out...
The 2) bit and the smiley really give it away.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 19:06   #35
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
We can leave Demon Daves astute obersvation (astute compared to some of the other contribution in this thread) as it is for there is no need for explaination, just a statement to indicate that he correct.
You seemed to reply to my post seriously after he did, so I assumed that it wasn't sarcasm.

Quote:
Because he's the alpha male amirite
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 19:20   #36
All Systems Go

Quote:
You seemed to reply to my post seriously after he did, so I assumed that it wasn't sarcasm.
that post was serious. Of course, that was before I realised how dense this thread was going to make everyone.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 19:30   #37
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
this post is genius.

You're making fun of me... aren't you?
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 19:58   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not sure what I want to do in this thread but I want it to be really offensive and really hurtful.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 20:08   #39
Tomkat

why dont you make a joke about someones mother lol
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 20:08   #40
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'm not sure what I want to do in this thread but I want it to be really offensive and really hurtful.
You could turn it anti-abortion before page 2, that'd be pretty perverted.

Edit: Pro-slavery?

Last edited by pablissimo; 11 Feb 2007 at 20:21.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 20:19   #41
All Systems Go

Quote:
You're making fun of me... aren't you?
How could I mock someone with such brilliant (yet unintentional) comedic timing?
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 20:26   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
why dont you make a joke about someones mother lol
Look, I genuinely don't like you but I'd rather not put you on my ignore list in case you make a worthwhile post at some point but for the love of god stop responding to me please.
Unread 11 Feb 2007, 20:29   #43
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Be a voyeur like me! I'm watching certain posters disapear up their own bottoms; which you have to confess makes for curious entertainment.
Unread 12 Feb 2007, 14:38   #44
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

pff... you guys make too much noise about some big shot smoking up some herb god knows how long ago.......

How about your president (or prime minister or whatnot) being addicted to coke in middle years of his life and then being elected twice to run the office !? And were just fine with that. In fact, that topic never even comes up in any of our conversations...
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2007, 14:44   #45
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I noticed on the BBC yesterday that the main story seemed to be that this was a non-story.

Even Labour politicians were coming out and saying "we don't care":

Quote:
Home Secretary John Reid also appeared to agree that politicians were entitled to a private life before being elected to office.

"I think this is one of those 'so what' moments," he told the BBC's Politics Show.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2007, 14:57   #46
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
it's nice to know these people accept smoking cannabis is such a non issue but remain steadfast in their criminalization of it.
I suspect they'd react in a similar way to an "omg Cameron once got a speeding ticket" story, but that would hardly suggest they should feel obliged to abolish speed limits.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2007, 15:01   #47
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Look, in case you were wondering it's all crap. Someone at conservative HQ thought: the electorate think we're so far removed from them that we'll never make a decent government. So let's make David out to be an ordinary guy, the kind of guy who took cannabis at university like the rest of the bloody country. Go go gadget tory marketing machine! There was a BBC Radio 3 debate on this with Oliver Letwin and it make me feel ill
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2007, 15:09   #48
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
Look, in case you were wondering it's all crap. Someone at conservative HQ thought: the electorate think we're so far removed from them that we'll never make a decent government. So let's make David out to be an ordinary guy, the kind of guy who took cannabis at university like the rest of the bloody country. Go go gadget tory marketing machine! There was a BBC Radio 3 debate on this with Oliver Letwin and it make me feel ill
Does this mean we'll find out next week that Cameron wore burberry and modded a Vauxhall Nova when he was younger?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2007, 15:23   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
I suspect they'd react in a similar way to an "omg Cameron once got a speeding ticket" story.
I agree with your point but speeding isn't subject to the same maximum penalties as possesion is it? I mean, in theory possession of cannabis can get you two years in prison. What's the maximum for speeding (which doesn't cause an accident) - 6 points on the licence and a fine?

I agree this is obviously a non-story and since Cameron has not been as vocal against drugs than some in the past I don't even view this as particularly hypocritical. Although I do note that the Tories want to reverse the reclassification of cannabis, which would mean a theoretical maximum of five years in a Crown Court.

Either way I hope the journalists who peddle this drivel feel suitably ashamed. I doubt they will though.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2007, 15:31   #50
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Does this mean we'll find out next week that Cameron wore burberry and modded a Vauxhall Nova when he was younger?
I meant the part of the country that I condone... oh wait... no no... it's got me!!
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote