User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Jan 2007, 11:11   #1
mikegladsz

Post What to read first?

Hi everyone, I just registered here just this week.

Please forgive me for being so lazy, but I was wondering if someone could point me to any particularly relevant posts that I should have a read of first, so I can get up to speed here?

Thank you, Michael
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 11:15   #2
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future
Re: What to read first?

Traveler & his wife.
horn

I'm sure there's threads about just about anybody, but those two are the most recent.
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 11:15   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Are you interested in the game, GD (i.e. this particular sub forum which covers non-game related chat) , or is this some advertising thing (others will Google, I can't be bothered at the moment)?

Either way, read the forum rules. They can be found here : http://pirate.planetarion.com/announ....php?f=1&a=126
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 11:49   #4
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Its a bot. The same name signed up to my university motor club forums. Makes it a little unlikely that he is real
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 11:55   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 12:05   #6
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

I'm wondering what benefit the creator of that bot has for creating it?
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 12:08   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would imagine that a marketing agency could have a bot register on a forum then leave it for three or so months until people forget that it joined. Subsequently, when the marketing agency logs into the account and posts 'so what do you think of the Wii?' or 'I smoke Marlboro what about you guys?' you'll see an account that's over three months old with a non-zero post-count, hopefully lulling you into the false sense of security that the account is in fact just a poster who hasn't used his account much. I am however merely speculating.

Edit: In fact, it's the kind of thing you might be able to discern by looking at their IP. I'm assuming that the agencies are as big a set of idiots as they assume of us.
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 12:13   #8
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Oh you're smart. (seriously I didn't make that link, there goes my whole theory of the one thing I had going for myself being my intelligence )
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 12:20   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had a business idea a while back, last year. I'm obviously too lazy to implement it but it still interested me.

There'd be two sides to the business. The posters, and the coders.

The posters would be 5-10 people who spend their time posting on various internet forums, just making normal posts and being accepted into the communities. You could pay them a wage per post they make (which would work out at £5 an hour or something small).

The coders would be hired by businesses who wanted to advertise their products. They'd then create flash games based on these products. So for instance, if Domino's or someone wanted a game made, you could make some sort of pizza-based game with Domino's logos on the page and something advertising it. Not enough advertising to be annoying, but enough for you to notice it while playing the game.

Now and again, the posters would make a topic in these forums they'd been accepted in, directing people to the advertised games. People would go to them and post high-scores and discuss it, while being subjected to the advertisements. The posters wouldn't be scorned for advertising, as they're just posting links to games (plus they're already part of the community).

Just call me Tom "entrepreneur" Rattle!
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 12:25   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Just call me Tom "entrepreneur" Rattle!

But if we did that we'd have to stop calling you Tom "cancer boy" Rattle and that just aint gonna happen!
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 13:44   #11
Malak

Paid per post? I know people who would love that.
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 14:14   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Paid per post is already in existence.
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 14:16   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

RammyRim!

Edit: Shit that was pay per post
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 14:29   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Its a bot. The same name signed up to my university motor club forums. Makes it a little unlikely that he is real
You can also tell by the optional icon it uses in the thread title. That said I'm not going to ban this one because I'm in university and this connection is so slow that I'd end up dying of old age long before I'd get to the ban user option.
Unread 31 Jan 2007, 15:05   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Banned for greater justice.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 14:29   #16
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
RammyRim!

Edit: Shit that was pay per post
I dont get it. It can't have been 'top notch'
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 14:34   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Every time you appear on here to post again after some absence my response seems to be "Who the **** are you?" and in this instance I'm not going to deviate.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 14:35   #18
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Previously you could have read one of my many post 2004 posts, but jboy deleted a few thousand of them cause they apparently had some mean things in them.

go to the cow shoe forum, some fun stuff there.
Just remember to stay away from anything kaned or nod writes.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 14:38   #19
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Every time you appear on here to post again after some absence my response seems to be "Who the **** are you?" and in this instance I'm not going to deviate.

What would happen if a deviant like you deviated?
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 14:52   #20
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I'd be straight instead of bent.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 16:40   #21
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

much like a clown my man
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 19:42   #22
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Hip deep in grease painted loins, baby.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 19:46   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Clown-rape, when laws are broken but you can't stop laughing to arrest anyone.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 19:53   #24
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

Clowns just aint funny. They are like lepers, you get so scared of them you feel like you have to laugh at them before their toes fall off.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 19:55   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

What did the leper say to the whore?

Keep the tip.

HA! I'm here all week.
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 20:07   #26
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

Shame.
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 00:32   #27
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I laughed

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote