User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 18 Jan 2007, 07:26   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Bold suggestion

What about using the structure of Planetarion to create theme based games (in cooperation with the relevant partners of course).
Example:
- Dune. You could develop and market a PA game set in the Dune universe, replace races by the various families, introduce Spice in a way or another.
"DUNE powered by planetarion"
- Star Wars
- Galactica
- etc...
I think there's a way to making money there.
Unread 18 Jan 2007, 07:43   #2
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Re: Bold suggestion

pa would then have to pay royalty's for using the names or be sued by lucas ect.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2007, 10:33   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah using existing IP wouldn't work, but there's no reason why a half-way adequate back-story, rounds based upon it like series of a tv show (where perhaps a single round has multiple chapters which each advance the story) and the like wouldn't work in my mind.

Of course, that kind of thing can't be achieved by sitting around tweaking ship stats so we're probably in blue sky territory here.
Unread 18 Jan 2007, 10:33   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm really tired this morning, the first thing I thought of when I saw this was SUGGESTION

There might be a way to make money, but there's not the time or the resources to do such a thing at the moment.
If you're basically talking about changing names and races and ship stats, that might be possible, but as said, we can't really use copyrighted names. It'd be like International Super Star Soccer, with "Bekaham","Ouen", etc
Unread 18 Jan 2007, 12:34   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'm really tired this morning, the first thing I thought of when I saw this was SUGGESTION

There might be a way to make money, but there's not the time or the resources to do such a thing at the moment.
If you're basically talking about changing names and races and ship stats, that might be possible, but as said, we can't really use copyrighted names. It'd be like International Super Star Soccer, with "Bekaham","Ouen", etc
What next... sell merchandise like "Versache" t-shirts and "parcer" Pens