User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Jan 2007, 11:42   #1
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about
VGA Planets - new game, looking for players

Rounding up players for a clash of classic 4X style gaming in the name of VGA Planets. Host is rcworld.de (@quakenet #rcworld) and the game cluster discovery 80 (see active games list); at three turns a week the game will last anywhere from 5 months till the victors are decided. We have a few Planetarion players gunning for it so far (me + racer). Having a few more regulars from here to battle outside the Planetarion realm in a true strategy game should be a fun experience.

While the shareware version is out, playing without the registered version will get you killed due being limited to tech level 6/10. It's a $20 fee for the Windows version.

It's an old game with a few quirks, but the gameplay/experience is all there. Requires Windows or DOS.

If you're interested reply here / irc.

Wikipedia entry on VGA Planets:
The game became well known in 1994 with version 3, although the prior version 2.2 was already played worldwide. Version 3 allows up to 11 players to join, each of them leading one of the 11 possible races.

The predefined races are modeled after Star Trek, Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica. Each predefined race has some special powers and specific fields of expertise (for example: Cyborgs can assimilate other races, turning colonists into Cyborgs; Robots are expert minelayers; Birdmen excel at spy tactics and cloaking).

VGA Planets follows the 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit & eXterminate) model: The players start with a homeworld, and have to build spaceships, explore the galaxy, colonize planets, mine minerals, build up their industry, etc. The game has no built-in victory condition: the players have to agree on one before starting a game.

Helpful links:
http://rcworld.de
http://planets4.com
http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan/
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:17   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: VGA Planets - new game, looking for players

There aren't enough Birdmen in scifi.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 13:57   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Owr. I don't have 20$ to spare, in fact, I hope I have enough money for food for the reminder of the month.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 18:06   #4
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

To get an idea of the playing ground, the universe, the Echo Cluster, here's a video of a finished game: http://www.rcworld.de/vgap/movies/Cl...y43-flash.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Owr. I don't have 20$ to spare, in fact, I hope I have enough money for food for the reminder of the month.
Which street corner do you call home? I'll throw in a few cents next pass.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 18:17   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

in before ban

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 18:27   #6
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

delete thread, ban user.

[/yahwe]
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 18:38   #7
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

a) won't be banned
b) he's prolly around longer then you lot
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 19:13   #8
rnd|One
100% irresistible

Banning gatherings (even if around another game, not IRL!) between Planetarion people on Planetarion boards? I've heard of stranger things.

If it's that bit in reply for Tietäjä; well, lets just say I know him, he knows me, which gives some perspective to the matter.

If there is a mod around, I did not ask those people to bump this thread for me with one-liners.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 19:49   #9
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's more the advertising...
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 20:01   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Clause 6 : Advertising

Advertising of other online games which contain similiarities to Planetarion is expressly forbidden on the Planetarion Forums. Advertising must be paid
for via [email protected] if you wish to promote your website or game.

Sort it out.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 20:09   #11
rnd|One
100% irresistible

As I know both games, having read that sentence, I can say that does not apply. Research into it, if you will.

Sorted.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 20:22   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah I'd be going along with '**** off you whiny tarts' or something similar but I guess yours is a little more diplomatic.

Oh screw it, **** off you whiny tarts.

It's the lack of nicotine folks, seriously. It's not me it's **** OFF YOU STUPID SONS OF the fags BITCHES.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 23:22   #13
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Yeah I'd be going along with '**** off you whiny tarts' or something similar but I guess yours is a little more diplomatic.

Oh screw it, **** off you whiny tarts.

It's the lack of nicotine folks, seriously. It's not me it's **** OFF YOU STUPID SONS OF the fags BITCHES.
no

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 08:12   #14
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I used to play VGA Planets when it first came out (before it converted to shareware). I didn't really like some of the changes they introduced to the game mechanics/races in newer versions.
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 09:20   #15
rnd|One
100% irresistible

Note to self: The signal-to-noise ratio leaves a lot to be desired here. Possible generation gap detected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I used to play VGA Planets when it first came out (before it converted to shareware). I didn't really like some of the changes they introduced to the game mechanics/races in newer versions.
Long live the days of the BBS's and modems! The connecting scream was better than a cup of coffee.

I had no idea it was paid software prior to shareware with an opt to upgrade? Though, if my memory serves me correct, there was a delay with WinPlan (v3.5) shareware coming out; paid version came long before, probably as most were content with the DOS version.

We're playing the classic v3 ('final' version of v2) rather than the newer v4 version, which you are probably referring to. I agree with you on the impact of the changes.
Unread 7 Jan 2007, 07:50   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnd|One
Long live the days of the BBS's and modems! The connecting scream was better than a cup of coffee.
Heh, indeed. You wouldn't think it but speed was just as important then as it is now for gaming. I had at the time a 2400bps modem and my mate had a slightly faster one. We were playing LORD and BBS Hack at the time and I recall one afternoon the both of us racing home to beat each other at logging on first to get the upper hand in the game and play the first turn. I actually beat him.. but the bastard got smart, he called my number to delay me from logging on and it bought him enough time to get in before me (by about 5 seconds I might add).

Quote:
I had no idea it was paid software prior to shareware with an opt to upgrade? Though, if my memory serves me correct, there was a delay with WinPlan (v3.5) shareware coming out; paid version came long before, probably as most were content with the DOS version.

We're playing the classic v3 ('final' version of v2) rather than the newer v4 version, which you are probably referring to. I agree with you on the impact of the changes.
No I actually meant the original version was 100% free to play (but I do believe the author had hints in his documentation that donations would be appreciated).
Unread 7 Jan 2007, 14:53   #17
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Which street corner do you call home? I'll throw in a few cents next pass.
OT

I'll game for food - and beer

/OT
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2007, 15:52   #18
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In true beureaucratic style, I'm going to defer judgement on this thread to someone who is actually a GD mod rather than risking everyone shitting their pants.

I'm such a pansy

[edit]
Oh shit, christmas avatar! Bad luck for megla.

[edit edit]
Fixed!
Unread 7 Jan 2007, 19:26   #19
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In this thread, horn requests "one on one" with men across the Internet.
Unread 7 Jan 2007, 20:15   #20
rnd|One
100% irresistible

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Heh, indeed. You wouldn't think it but speed was just as important then as it is now for gaming. I had at the time a 2400bps modem and my mate had a slightly faster one. We were playing LORD and BBS Hack at the time and I recall one afternoon the both of us racing home to beat each other at logging on first to get the upper hand in the game and play the first turn. I actually beat him.. but the bastard got smart, he called my number to delay me from logging on and it bought him enough time to get in before me (by about 5 seconds I might add).
Did the phrase; "(parents) X was supposed to call today, have you been holding up the phoneline?" get familiar?

My humble peon was found beaten to death too many times an The Inn... Not sure if I ever finished the game. Was there a finish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
so rnd|one is the game like eve?
i know you gave a link, but i like the attention of a one on one conversation.
More like a board game played on PC similar to Master of Orion/Magic, Civilization, Stars! and Trade Wars 2000. There is an arsenal of settings, formulae, rules, strategies, tricks, outside factors and variables ( quick to learn, a lifetime to master ) that make for an interesting playground to battle for victory between 10 other human opponents.
Unread 7 Jan 2007, 21:21   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I used to love LORD.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 00:48   #22
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it is pretty clearly breaking the rules, i remember back in the day when DM would already have edited his post to something amusing and probably gay

anyway, you probably wont get any takers around here duder, none of us even play PA fs, although i suspect that if you posted on the pa discussion boards then their mods may be more active (could be wrong though, havent been there in an awfully long time
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 01:11   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i stand by the fact that this is advertising and he should be banned, regardless of who he is, or how long he's been here for (remember when idi got banned, he'd been here for a little while too i'd wager).
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 01:13   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
a) won't be banned
b) he's prolly around longer then you lot

a) why?
b) no he hasnt
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 02:22   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Nobody who actually appears to know what the game involves thinks it is advertising in the sense that it is banned, ie something purely for profit or something which competes with PA.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 09:47   #26
rnd|One
100% irresistible

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
anyway, you probably wont get any takers around here duder, none of us even play PA fs, although i suspect that if you posted on the pa discussion boards then their mods may be more active (could be wrong though, havent been there in an awfully long time
I consider Planetarion forums mostly a gamer forum (immature replies, comprehension problems etc.) and one, in which, some of us have played a round or two in some point of our lives. GD is also the spot where non-Planetarion talk takes place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Nobody who actually appears to know what the game involves thinks it is advertising in the sense that it is banned, ie something purely for profit or something which competes with PA.
Correct. Computer games chatter did not seem to be against the rules here. If it was, then this would pose a problem. Other than that it's no more advertising than enquiring the GD lot to head over to Liverpool (strike 1!) into a football (strike 2!) game between Somebodies (strike 3!) vs Nobodies (strike 4!) to have a good time, and mentioning that the tickets do cost money (strike 5!) to not crush some 13-year-old turning up with empty pockets.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 13:07   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Correct. (1) Computer games chatter did not seem to be against the rules here. If it was, then this would pose a problem. Other than that it's no more advertising than enquiring the GD lot (2) to head over to Liverpool
You are rather an amusing little man. You see at (1) you are clearly adopting a rather condescending posture. A posture which has been evinced in your earlier posts.

Yet by (2) you have already made yourself look quite the fool. In order to maintain your delusion of superiority you've fallen into the age old trap of trying to use words and expressions which you do not understand and you have come a cropper!

We should get your nickname changed to 'Mrs Malaprop'
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 13:28   #28
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

This is no more advertising than the time these forums were used to set up a risk tournament.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 15:24   #29
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Given the game was around long before PA was even a thought in Spinners head, I give it some leeway as a grandaddy of the genre (PA's innovation was in adapting a simular model to a sucessful browser format).
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 15:48   #30
rnd|One
100% irresistible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
You are rather an amusing little man. You see at (1) you are clearly adopting a rather condescending posture. A posture which has been evinced in your earlier posts.

Yet by (2) you have already made yourself look quite the fool. In order to maintain your delusion of superiority you've fallen into the age old trap of trying to use words and expressions which you do not understand and you have come a cropper!

We should get your nickname changed to 'Mrs Malaprop'
Under the weather currently, but I'll try to finish this before I pass o

1) Why is it always "... little man"?

2) I resemble that remark! Malaprop on Wikipedia is a right craic, thanks for letting me know of its existence. However, I did not quite grasp the error of my wording enquiring the GD lot, which I thought translates roughly to asking the GD crowd. Care to point out this in more detail as I am truly fascinated.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 17:39   #31
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you want to compare this with setting up a few games of Risk, it would be worth noting that at the time, Risk was a fairly popular way of wasting time when yapping on #forums, rather than asking people to play a different game many have never heard of.

The fact that whatever this game is, apparently doesn't conflict with the Internet-savvy, clued-up, kool and generally wikkid PA-playing-krew will allow this thread, and your account, to stay intact so people can make fun of you.

However, any more of your 'I AM SUPERIOR HEAR ME ROAR' crap, much editing will take place asking people to join in your four-way men-only suana sessions with hand lotion provided free.

Before you ask, Yes, I will do it and No, I won't respond to any of your PM complaints and lastly, No, I doubt JJ will care either.

Cya!

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 18:00   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
assuming you're both no longer playing PA and in fear of your game's playerbase decreasing as a result of this heinous crime, why do you care?
RULES ARE RULES!

edit : Although, arguably the slippery slope rule applies. This is obviously advertising, even if it's advertising we're allowing for whatever reason. I personally don't have a problem with people advertising things like this in a reasonable / limited fashion but
- I'm not a mod
- Other people might care.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 8 Jan 2007 at 18:07.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 19:07   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

YES YOU CAN
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 19:23   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote me and learn the magic.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 20:21   #35
rnd|One
100% irresistible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
The fact that whatever this game is, apparently doesn't conflict with the Internet-savvy, clued-up, kool and generally wikkid PA-playing-krew will allow this thread, and your account, to stay intact so people can make fun of you.
Cheers! This place felt like the Wild West. Hopefully this torn up thread (an online martyr) will serve as a reminder to the vigilantes involved that such behaviour does not make GD a user-friendly place.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 23:45   #36
roadrunner_0
cynic

tbh, i dont/didnt care, i was just pointing out that it was breaking the rules

and sorry dude, GD hasnt been a friendly place in an awfully long time

(although i do feel sullied that you feel i was being nasty, that wasnt my intention)