User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Dec 2006, 03:47   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Disappointment

What has disappointed you most this year? England in the ashes? Chelsea... at all? Dace having sex? the lack of any real political change?

I would have to say the biggest dissapointment of 2006 for me was finding out that Lesbian webcam sessions are much less sexy and far more banal than i possibly could have imagined.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 04:52   #2
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Disappointment

Having to share the Time "Man of the Year" and not having my picture on the cover.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 05:31   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Def's return to the forums ;'(
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 06:00   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Spending the entire year watching those around me have as much of a sense of purpose and direction as a bottle of piss aimed at the away end at Ibrox, and sharing in none of it. That's been fairly downheartening.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 06:28   #5
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Finding out that Santa Clause doesn't exist...
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 06:47   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/christmasa...958163,00.html
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 06:56   #7
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I don't understand why people like Santa. He's a bit authoritarian for my liking. Naughty or nice, who is he to judge? And there's no appeals process. Clearly he also favours children from Western elites as well:

"And what would you like for xmas little boy?"
"Could I have a pointlessly large and expensive toy which is a hollow representation of a fantasy world constructed by the shallow and homogenizing influence of children's television?"
"Of course!"
"And what about you?"
"Oh Santa could I have some vaccine which costs less than $5 and will keep me free from a variety of painful diseases so that I can possibly live to be a teenager."
"Erm... I don't really do that. As an anthropomorphic simulcrum of the spirit of giving and celebration I'm really all about toys and make believe."
"I can pretend the syringe is a rocket."
"I'm sorry but our customer charter clearly states that we bear no liability if your dreams diverge from those of Santa corp. its subsidiaries or holdings."
I wonder if my wife would think it was funny if I bought a piece of coal and wrapped it up and put it was from Santa.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 11:41   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wait, Dace had sex?
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 11:59   #9
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

pab not knowing Dace had had sex.
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 12:02   #10
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

isn't dace a paedo? if so, how old was she?
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 01:07   #11
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Dace hasn't had sex, Deffeh's lying, he has to be
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 01:10   #12
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'If you never expect anything from anyone then no one can let you down'
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 01:12   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
'If you never expect anything from anyone then no one can let you down'
yet somehow deffeh's threads go from bad to worse ...
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 01:17   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was disappointed with Reservoir Dogs. My dad watched it about 7-8 years ago and announced to me that it was "disgusting" and "one of the worst films he'd ever seen".

I loved Pulp Fiction, I've watched it countless times. I enjoyed Kill Bill. So last night I thought I may as well watch Reservoir Dogs, so I downloaded it.

And it was....well, pretty crappy. I was expecting it to be fairly nasty, but apart from Mr Blonde cutting off the cop's ear it was pretty mediocre. I've seen bits of Hostel, I'm fairly immune to that stuff.

Unread 23 Dec 2006, 03:59   #15
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
And it was....well, pretty crappy. I was expecting it to be fairly nasty, but apart from Mr Blonde cutting off the cop's ear it was pretty mediocre. I've seen bits of Hostel, I'm fairly immune to that stuff.

It came out in the early 90s (imdb says 1992!), so by those standards it was pretty gory. People just expect more gore and more guts now in films.

Anyway, you don't watch Reservoir Dogs for the violence etc. So stop hating on poor old Quentin!
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 04:04   #16
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

my girlfriends inability to be faithful
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 07:57   #17
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't understand why people like Santa. He's a bit authoritarian for my liking. Naughty or nice, who is he to judge? And there's no appeals process. Clearly he also favours children from Western elites as well:

"And what would you like for xmas little boy?"
"Could I have a pointlessly large and expensive toy which is a hollow representation of a fantasy world constructed by the shallow and homogenizing influence of children's television?"
"Of course!"
"And what about you?"
"Oh Santa could I have some vaccine which costs less than $5 and will keep me free from a variety of painful diseases so that I can possibly live to be a teenager."
"Erm... I don't really do that. As an anthropomorphic simulcrum of the spirit of giving and celebration I'm really all about toys and make believe."
"I can pretend the syringe is a rocket."
"I'm sorry but our customer charter clearly states that we bear no liability if your dreams diverge from those of Santa corp. its subsidiaries or holdings."
Someone didn't get the new maid's outfit they asked for!
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 08:03   #18
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
I was disappointed with Reservoir Dogs. My dad watched it about 7-8 years ago and announced to me that it was "disgusting" and "one of the worst films he'd ever seen".

I loved Pulp Fiction, I've watched it countless times. I enjoyed Kill Bill. So last night I thought I may as well watch Reservoir Dogs, so I downloaded it.

In my living room, right this moment, I photographs of a murder victim who, after death, was placed on a trash heap and set on fire. After the smoldering stopped, dogs (no resevoir near however) had barbeque for a few days. My phots are of what's left. I get to sort through them to determine which ones I need to show to the jury. As such, I can understand why you feel reservoir dogs is tame.
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 09:04   #19
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
:crymeariver:
Sorry.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 14:52   #20
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
In my living room, right this moment, I photographs of a murder victim who, after death, was placed on a trash heap and set on fire. After the smoldering stopped, dogs (no resevoir near however) had barbeque for a few days. My phots are of what's left. I get to sort through them to determine which ones I need to show to the jury. As such, I can understand why you feel reservoir dogs is tame.
What if your daughters saw them? Aren't they young? (I can't remember their ages) Wouldn't that scar them for life

(only as much as stumbling across GD on daddy's favourites would scar them for life, i suppose)
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 15:40   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What if your daughters saw them? Aren't they young? (I can't remember their ages) Wouldn't that scar them for life

(only as much as stumbling across GD on daddy's favourites would scar them for life, i suppose)
His kids are older than you.
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 15:41   #22
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
His kids are older than you.
So the scarring and damage is already done
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 17:15   #23
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't think of anything that stands out as being a major disappointment for me this year.

I'd nominate Labour but anyone who's still disappointed by them now clearly has inexplicably high expectations of them.
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 17:28   #24
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It came out in the early 90s (imdb says 1992!), so by those standards it was pretty gory. People just expect more gore and more guts now in films.

Anyway, you don't watch Reservoir Dogs for the violence etc. So stop hating on poor old Quentin!
Fair point - and I still like Tarantino's film-making, I just felt let down by my dad :crymeariver:
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 18:01   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I don't think you should show any of them to the jury
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 18:06   #26
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I don't think you should show any of them to the jury
Could be dicharged from jury duty if violent images caused you sexual arousal?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 18:07   #27
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Fair point - and I still like Tarantino's film-making, I just felt let down by my dad :crymeariver:
really? i hated kill bill, both of them. pulp fiction and reservoir dogs were good to watch and that's just because they had excellent scripts.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 18:27   #28
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
So the scarring and damage is already done
Getting old enough to understand that I was their father pretty much did all the damage which could be done.
Unread 24 Dec 2006, 01:16   #29
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
really? i hated kill bill, both of them. pulp fiction and reservoir dogs were good to watch and that's just because they had excellent scripts.
I was ready to say that I didn't like Kill Bill when I posted originally, but actually I quite liked it. Sure, Volume 2 ended stupidly with the five-finger heart explosion thingy, but the rest of the film was class. The action sequences were superb, the plot was good and Uma Thurman is hot. What wasn't to like?
Unread 24 Dec 2006, 09:39   #30
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have a less whiny one!

On LCD Soundsystem's new release - 45:33 - there is a 7-minute period which is actually just a track from his next album without the lyrics. As somebody who paid no money at all for this music, I feel ripped off.
Unread 24 Dec 2006, 16:48   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
the fact that it felt like a joke.
kill bill 1 made me sit up and take notice when i watched it in the cinema, but kill bill 2 was just ****ing rubbish.

you already knew and were bored of all the characters.

a man who is smaller than uma thurman, had a lisp, and didnt fight, didnt really appear like a credible 'big bad' after everything that went before

the 'you killed my master' shit was perhaps the most cliched piece of shit part of any film ive ever watched. they might as well have had uma thurman build a house on an indian burial ground and have done with it.

there was nothing that compared to the huge fight scene with lucy lius minions which lets face it was pretty much all kill bill was good for. i certainly didnt watch it for the stellar quality of the acting or for the amazing plot twists.

Unread 26 Dec 2006, 02:21   #32
Tomkat

Kill Bill 1 is excellent. Kill Bill 2 is excellent.

They are two entirely separate films, save for the name.

If Tarantino had really wanted to, he could have cut and chopped and turned it into one 3-hour (or so) long film.

They're separate for a reason, guys.

The fact you try to COMPARE them at first demonstrates you don't really understand what makes both of them great pieces of cinematography. So I won't go into the defence of either.
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 03:06   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:

If Tarantino had really wanted to, he could have cut and chopped and turned it into one 3-hour (or so) long film.

The fact you try to COMPARE them at first demonstrates you don't really understand what makes both of them great pieces of cinematography. So I won't go into the defence of either.
you're wrong. Very wrong. And condescending too.

FAIL
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 03:53   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I view somewhere between 90 and 95% of films I go to see now as "joke" films. As such I found killbill 2 very amusing.

Disappointment of the year would probably be the lack of some cataclysmic (or the good kind of!) event in world affairs. It's really just not a good year unless somewhere gets nuked or 200 million people die in a war or aliens invade or the Soviet Union reunites or we start a colony on the moon or land a man on mars. I mean seriously what the **** are we going to remember 2006 for? Well a good footballer headbutted a pretty useless one. Pointless year, better luck next time.

And to top it all off James Brown dies. **** you god, seriously **** you.

PS When has tomkat not been condescending?
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 04:20   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I enjoyed that Kill Bill 2 had a martial arts expert called Gordon. The rest of it wasn't so good.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 07:44   #36
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

I'm dissappointed we're still on Kill Bill and other such Tarantino films...
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 08:29   #37
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Britney Spears shows her vagina.

Twice.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 13:23   #38
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
Finding out that Santa Clause doesn't exist...

define existance -

plenty of children believe .. with no proof that santa is real

are u saying that that belief and by that form .. trust .. is not a form of existance .. ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 13:30   #39
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
define existance -

plenty of children believe .. with no proof that santa is real

are u saying that that belief and by that form .. trust .. is not a form of existance .. ?
I believe there is a bridge between two points of a canyon. I go to walk over it. Will I make it to the other side because I believe there is a bridge or do I fall to my death because there is no bridge?
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 13:51   #40
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
Britney Spears shows her vagina.

Twice.
In 1999 or whenever she was fresh and hot this would have been highlight of the year rather than dissapointment of the year.

However, it just goes to show that women who have kids can no longer be hot naked

Unread 26 Dec 2006, 13:53   #41
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang

FAIL
i pretty much agree word for word with your short post but i seem to remember we had a conversation about kill bill 2 when you said you liked it? Mind you, i have the memory of a goldfish with alzheimers.

Unread 26 Dec 2006, 17:42   #42
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
PS When has tomkat not been condescending?
That time when I woke up and you and jer gave me loads of resources so we could **** over the people attacking our alliance and then I screwed it up because I forgot I hadn't got the right research or even the right construction and oh man.

I was pretty humble then!
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 17:48   #43
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang

FAIL
About which bit?

I'll break it down:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Entirely subjective opinion so I really can't be "wrong" about this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
In terms of character development, storyline, directing, camera styles, scripts, plot introduction->development->conclusion, they're entirely separate. Really, the only continuity is Beatrix Kiddo being in both (and in the original she didnt even have a NAME, which is a prime example of tarantino not really caring about her development as a character in it) and Beatrix Kiddo having a katana sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
It's obvious that you didn't mean I was wrong about this bit. He could quite easily have chopped and merged it into a 3 hour film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
They are. Tarantino wanted two separate films, but wanted them to share certain common ground. I hope you didn't mean I was wrong about this bit :crymeariver:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
But I just did, anyway
Of course I'll admit that your like or dislike of a film is supposedly subjective. To brand a film as "terrible", based on it being a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT style of film to it's prequel/sequel, is really silly.
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 18:24   #44
All Systems Go

I'm sure I saw an interview with tarantino once and he said the reason there were two films was that it was all filmed at once for one film. But even after editing it was still over 4 hours long so they made it into two.
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 19:08   #45
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I'm sure I saw an interview with tarantino once and he said the reason there were two films was that it was all filmed at once for one film. But even after editing it was still over 4 hours long so they made it into two.
Putting the two of them together back-to-back makes it 247 minutes long (which is just over 4 hours).

That's with all the credits from both, and without any editting whatsoever.
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 19:26   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What? The editting was obviously already done.
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 19:29   #47
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
In 1999 or whenever she was fresh and hot this would have been highlight of the year rather than dissapointment of the year.

However, it just goes to show that women who have kids can no longer be hot naked
no just redneck fake blondes
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 19:31   #48
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
no just redneck fake blondes
your post would have more weight if you weren't a mum

Unread 26 Dec 2006, 19:50   #49
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
What? The editting was obviously already done.
Yeah, I meant editting done once it was stuck together. Such as removing that scene from the beginning of KB2 where she was catching us all up on the plot of KB1. Or just shortening it all in general.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 19:52   #50
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Entirely subjective opinion so I really can't be "wrong" about this part.
Kill Bill is one of the greatest films ever produced.

Quote:
In terms of character development, storyline, directing, camera styles, scripts, plot introduction->development->conclusion, they're entirely separate. Really, the only continuity is Beatrix Kiddo being in both (and in the original she didnt even have a NAME, which is a prime example of tarantino not really caring about her development as a character in it) and Beatrix Kiddo having a katana sword.
Actually, yes! There was a single directorial and cinematographic approach taken per film, rather than, eg, a different central approach per chapter. And her name wasn't given in the first film, not because it was purposefully bleeped out several times and Tarantino wanted to pay homage to filmmaking cliche #63, "dramatic reveal of unimportant information". You may have noticed these homages to filmmaking, being as the film is a string of several thousand of them and is conciously billed as such.

Quote:
It's obvious that you didn't mean I was wrong about this bit. He could quite easily have chopped and merged it into a 3 hour film.
Yes he could, if he wanted to gut the film of all content. Besides, the only successful 3 hour films I can think of lately are the Lord of the Rings ones, and they're horribly decompressed which allows them to be easy viewing. The more important point though is that

Quote:
They are. Tarantino wanted two separate films, but wanted them to share certain common ground. I hope you didn't mean I was wrong about this bit :crymeariver:
NOT ONLY ARE YOU WRONG YOU ARE PATENTLY MAKING THINGS UP AS THIS IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF THE WIDELY-REPORTED TRUTH, AS REPORTED BY UNTRUSTWORTHY SOURCES SUCH AS EG TARANTINO ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Quote:
But I just did, anyway
Of course I'll admit that your like or dislike of a film is supposedly subjective. To brand a film as "terrible", based on it being a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT style of film to it's prequel/sequel, is really silly.
Not just a strawman, but a surreal and awful one.

0/10