User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Nov 2006, 11:51   #1
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts
Money money money

Over the years I?ve seen many pages like this; pay X amount and you get all my secrets to make thousands of $$$ by working only 2 hours a day and never having to lift a finger ? Obviously it?s a scam but what do you get sent and how can they offer 30 day money back guarantees etc..?

http://www.cdc-marketingltd.co.uk/

Can anyone shed some light on this?
________
Washington marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:06.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 13:50   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Money money money

They can't guarantee anything and you answered it yourself; it's a scam. Either it's a pyramide concept or it's someone putting up an advertising page and then take it down when the scam is exposed.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 14:52   #3
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Scam. And one with a very badly done homepage!
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 20:33   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouRiQueT
Over the years I’ve seen many pages like this; pay X amount and you get all my secrets to make thousands of $$$ by working only 2 hours a day and never having to lift a finger … Obviously it’s a scam but what do you get sent and how can they offer 30 day money back guarantees etc..?

http://www.cdc-marketingltd.co.uk/

Can anyone shed some light on this?
He makes money from selling you the story on "how to make money".

It isn't that complicated.

The "secret" is in getting enough stupid people convinced to send you money in return for finding out the "secret" - so you'll be told how to spam people's e-mails, advertise online, persuade people it's a good idea. Etc etc.

You'd be amazed by the amount of people who use the internet who simply don't realise the risks in handing over your credit card details to insecure websites/dodgy individuals. Or who don't have enough brain cells (or too much money) to realise a crappy deal when they're presented with one.
Unread 20 Nov 2006, 21:08   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.therichjerk.com/

is better at doing the same thing.
However on analysis of the book (it does actually exist) its basically marketing methods and if you do put in the time/energy/investment then it can pay off.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 00:51   #6
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Let's get the governments to sign up and learn the secrets and then they can lower taxes.
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 15:23   #7
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

I remember when Maxim came out in the late 90s, i read an article where a guy actually tried to follow through with some get-rich-quick scheme he saw advertised.

As it turned out, the plan was:
1. Send money in in exchange for the 'plan' and raw materials
2. Use your craft skills to sew the raw materials into approximately 10,000,000 dolls (i'm not kidding)
3. Find people who are willing to spend lots of money to buy your dolls
4. Profit!!!

He got a bout 13 malformed dolls in before giving up. It was excellent.

Anyway, on the radio every day I hear around a half dozen commercials for get-rich-quick schemes. "Turn your debt into wealth with our PROVEN SYSTEM", "Do you want to be a millionaire? Then you need to buy my book!" etc. very subtle. "Get rich using the 'internets'! Sell products you don't need to store, own, or even pay for!"

i can only conclude that america's poor still have way too much money. on the other hand, it's not 100% clear to me why $100 books that claim they'll make you rich are scams and $120,000 business schools making the same claim are on the level.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 15:32   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, business degrees often work insofar as you are far more likely to get a medium-well paying job once you graduate. At least, you're more likely to get a job than an ... arts "degree" (other than law, ofc).

At least, i hope so, because i've almost finished my economics degree .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 15:36   #9
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I like therichjerks.com's marketing strategy: buy my CD with all my secrets on (but remember my secret's are really secret's whereas my competition's are blatently not secrets) or you are a loser. I may try that with my employer. Give me a raise or I'll call you a sissy!
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2006, 19:44   #10
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Money money money

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Let's get the governments to sign up and learn the secrets and then they can lower taxes.
Governments already have their own get-rich-quick scams: state-run lotteries.

I don't think they've led to any lowering of taxes though. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 12:49   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Governments already have their own get-rich-quick scams: state-run lotteries.
Pfft, they're amatures when compared to institutions such as the Reserve Bank of Australia - they participate on the currency markets, and by their very nature of acting as price stabilisers they always buy low and sell high. Hundreds of billions of dollars goes through the hands of the RBA - totally outclasses any state based lottery system as a tiger outclasses a domestic kitten.

As an aside, i'm pretty sure that the WA Lotteries Commission, whilst State run, is non-profit insofar it acts as a charity.

Quote:
I don't think they've led to any lowering of taxes though. :/
I do fear, however, that you are onto something here :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2006, 14:40   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Thats nothing compared to the fact they can just push "print" and get new money!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 23 Nov 2006, 15:08   #13
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

read the last post in this, its a mass emailer campaign shite

http://www.mybroadband.co.za/vb/sear...archid=1156231
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 01:28   #14
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

CDC Marketing UK

CDC Marketing offers a step-by-step guide on how to set up your very own Online Business to suit your own interests. Your Online Business can sell your own products, other people’s products and can even make you money from “clicks” - using the targeted traffic that your site receives.

At a cost of £67, you will receive a Product Finder Resource and assistance on how to decide on your first Online Business idea, 3 DVDs that show you what can be achieved with an Internet Business, a 60 minute Online Consultation with Chris Cobb, an Instant Website Generator to download, and a Website Creation Package to set-up your very first project.

CDC Marketing Ltd
Keel House
61 Hatfield Road
Witham
Essex
CM8 1EF

its not a scam as such .. but if u want tips of how to market a product ..
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 22:09   #15
Mitc
NASA Health & Safety

Mitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
They can't guarantee anything and you answered it yourself; it's a scam. Either it's a pyramide concept or it's someone putting up an advertising page and then take it down when the scam is exposed.
Having been given the first part of the course FREE I will offer all of you a brief synopsis.

1) Think of something you have an interest in.

2) Search this site ...

http://inventory.uk.overture.com/d/s...ry/suggestion/

to see how many internet searches were carried out in October for the keywords you'd associate with whatever it is. ( I don't know if this is just for the UK but a quick search using the keyword 'blowjob' told me there were 85,000 searches in October - There's a good chance it's just for my IP addy )

3) Think of a business name.

I don't think I'll buy the next installment.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 22:47   #16
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Insofar as I know, a large proportion of these shemes offering "work from home", "click of a button", revolve around Google add-words.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 22:50   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned cold-calling 'kits', dammit? The kind you used to see advertised by bits of yellow laminated A4 cable-tied to roundabouts on motorway sliproads.

****ing kids.

Edit: And don't get me started on airline food
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 01:05   #18
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Yeah I went for one of those own your own church on the internet scams and as such I have not earned a dime with it.

Anyone want to buy my virtual church?
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 01:37   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

only if I could burn it. and you cant burn online churches...