User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:32   #1
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of
Gin

Gin, is this a legitimate distraction or an excuse for self failures?
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:34   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gin

depends

London Gin - Excuse
Plymouth Gin - Legitimate Distraction
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:39   #3
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Lets not be area specifc.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:42   #4
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Plymouth Gin is FAR better than London Gin. Granted its a bit more expensive but its well worth it.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:46   #5
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold

Save a Juniper berry,

drink Islay scotch!
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:50   #6
Maladoni
Infrequent

Lets stick to Gin.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:53   #7
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold

All I have ever tasted from the world of gin is Seagrams. My stomach did cartwheels; not with joy.

Guess I just need a good glass of gin, if be there such a thing.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:54   #8
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't understand the question.

Gin is an excellent drink.

Why would anyone need to use it as an excuse for anything?
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:55   #9
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Plymouth Gin is FAR better than London Gin. Granted its a bit more expensive but its well worth it.
you prefer that extra percentage alcohol content
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:55   #10
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice
All I have ever tasted from the world of gin is Seagrams. My stomach did cartwheels; not with joy.

Guess I just need a good glass of gin, if be there such a thing.
I've no doubt there are many a splendid glass to be had. But is there true happyness to be found there in?
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 20:57   #11
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
you prefer that extra percentage alcohol content
Your being surprisingly evasive?
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:00   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
Your being surprisingly evasive?
well I can spell and you're being rather unsubtle. I also see no need to spam up GD. I care about this place.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:01   #13
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I don't understand the question.

Gin is an excellent drink.

Why would anyone need to use it as an excuse for anything?
It certainly is. Drink interests me because of my roots. Coming from a drinking culture I need to understand why its only really popular South of Manchester. Apologies if I'm being stereotypical.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:03   #14
Malice
not the daddy...

Quote:
I've no doubt there are many a splendid glass to be had. But is there true happyness to be found there in?
This can easily fall with the question: What the hell is true happiness?
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:03   #15
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
well I can spell and you're being rather unsubtle. I also see no need to spam up GD. I care about this place.
no problem. seriously spelling is not a problem to me. best wishes with your on going problems.
Unread 7 Sep 2006, 21:04   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Happiness is to be found at the bottom of the next glass.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 00:02   #17
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Gin + tonic has brought me so many problems over the years that it does not make me a happy boy (exept when I drink it)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 00:24   #18
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

gin and tonic tastes terrible except on planes
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 01:05   #19
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I do not like gin. I have the impression that gin is an alcoholic beverage which is harder on the system than most. However, this may be because of my dislike for the taste of said drink.

I am aware that there are a number of individuals on this forum who enjoy the occasional sip of gin. The only time I ever spoke to Yahwe he had imbibed a thimble or two of gin. It seemed to put him in a rather rosy mood.

Thus, I would come down on the side of legitimate distraction (at least until your liver goes).
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 01:12   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had a martini the other day made from some Spanish Gin, it was most perculiar.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 01:21   #21
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

sloe gin is, as ever, the way forward.
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 03:59   #22
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

May someone please explain the difference between london and plymouth gin to me.

Whatever it is, though, gin + lemonade is a superb drink.
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 11:20   #23
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sloe gin is excellent but it feels wrong drinking it unless in a festive setting

My ex-girlfriend's dad had loads of homemade sloe gin that had been (I don't know what the word is for it getting ready - fermenting?) for months. It was ace
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 11:56   #24
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Gin and Lemonade? Do the two actually mix well? I probably wouldn't drink it :/

South Gin is lovely.

Though it is probably rather uncommon and expensive in the UK. It's distilled in New Zealand you see. In fact it is the only gin distilled in the Southern Hemisphere. If you ever get the chance, it's worth a try.
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 12:20   #25
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Gin tastes horrid
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 12:27   #26
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

I do enjoy the occasional Hendricks. And Gin & Tonic really is a good drink.

For Voltaire a good drink was a piece of evidence for the existence of god. Some may interpret this as true happiness.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 12:57   #27
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
May someone please explain the difference between london and plymouth gin to me.
London Gin = "generic" make of Gin, sold pretty much everywhere which sells Gin.

Plymouth Gin = only made in Plymouth and is much, much harder to get hold of [if you find somewhere selling Navy Strength, please PM me] and is one of the worlds oldest Gins - it was drunk on the Mayflower when it went over to the Americas
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:18   #28
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

ahh not sloe gin! Dad loves the stuff far more than any other sort of gin. We once went to this restaurant chain, like a harvester or beefeater or something. He asked for sloe gin, and got a blank look from this 18 year old serving us. He then proceeded to explain to the poor guy how it was made and was a different colour and so on.
I'm not sure I could ever drink it (though I'm not fond of alcohol anyway)
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 01:25   #29
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When young, the only alcoholic drink I could truely say I liked the taste of was a sloe gin fizz.
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 12:32   #30
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There's a pun in there somewhere, but I can't see it
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 19:02   #31
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Gin and Lemonade? Do the two actually mix well? I probably wouldn't drink it :/

South Gin is lovely.

Though it is probably rather uncommon and expensive in the UK. It's distilled in New Zealand you see. In fact it is the only gin distilled in the Southern Hemisphere. If you ever get the chance, it's worth a try.
why would we want your filthy wog gin?
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 19:06   #32
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
London Gin = "generic" make of Gin, sold pretty much everywhere which sells Gin.

Plymouth Gin = only made in Plymouth and is much, much harder to get hold of [if you find somewhere selling Navy Strength, please PM me] and is one of the worlds oldest Gins - it was drunk on the Mayflower when it went over to the Americas
they sell it in sainsburys ffs!

I do detest 'gin snobs' they're usually not genuine gin drinkers and they talk a lot of rubbish. there are very very subtle differences between some gin types. but they're impossible to notice unless you drink gin regularly and then only usually in a gin martini.
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 19:21   #33
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had a gin and tonic with cucumber for the first time not so long ago and was pleasantly surprised that cucumber actually had a use beyond being a sexual device.
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 22:13   #34
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
I had a gin and tonic with cucumber for the first time not so long ago and was pleasantly surprised that cucumber actually had a use beyond being a sexual device.
I don't think it matters what you mix it with at the end of the day, its a very legitimate distraction
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 02:31   #35
dda
USS Oklahoma

What is bruised gin and how does it get bruised?
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 03:32   #36
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
cucumber is used in tuna sandwiches and pimms ...
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 12:55   #37
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've not had a Pimms in yonks, but I'm pretty sure you're going straight to hell for using cucumber as any kind of foodstuff.
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 18:00   #38
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Gin and tonic is by far my favourite alcoholic drink. Unfortunately, while most people I know say gin makes them weepy, gin gets me hyper so I drink it rarely.

As for brands or types of gin, I have never tried Plymouth gin so I can't comment. Most often i drink Gordons or Bombay Sapphire. To me the thing that makes a real difference to a good gin and tonic is the way it is poured. Most often they are poured in too short a glass with too little ice. Also - try a g and t with a slice of lemon. Then try one with a slice of lime. You will never go back to lemon.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 18:29   #39
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
What is bruised gin and how does it get bruised?
Bruised Gin is when you have Gin but with ice which is shaken - you loose all the flavours of it but your able to drink more of it
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 20:04   #40
Maladoni
Infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Gin and tonic is by far my favourite alcoholic drink. Unfortunately, while most people I know say gin makes them weepy, gin gets me hyper so I drink it rarely.

As for brands or types of gin, I have never tried Plymouth gin so I can't comment. Most often i drink Gordons or Bombay Sapphire. To me the thing that makes a real difference to a good gin and tonic is the way it is poured. Most often they are poured in too short a glass with too little ice. Also - try a g and t with a slice of lemon. Then try one with a slice of lime. You will never go back to lemon.
I must admit I partial to a thin fresh lime in neat Snow Leopard. Most choice.
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 21:43   #41
Tomkat

This thread surprises me because it seems everyone here likes drinking gin. In reality, I often find that I'm one of the only G+T drinkers in most drinking establishmens. I hardly know anyone else who'd have it as their drink-of-choice (not being snobby - it's just most people I know choose other spirits/mixer combinations over it).

So either a lot of people are exaggerating here (with some strange idea that if they say they drink gin we'll think they're cultured or something), or there is some bizarre phenomenon which attracts gin drinks to GD
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 21:57   #42
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

ive never really tried gin, nor does it seem like an appealing drink to me, i might just have to wet my whistle with it one night though
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 22:34   #43
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
This thread surprises me because it seems everyone here likes drinking gin. In reality, I often find that I'm one of the only G+T drinkers in most drinking establishmens. I hardly know anyone else who'd have it as their drink-of-choice (not being snobby - it's just most people I know choose other spirits/mixer combinations over it).

So either a lot of people are exaggerating here (with some strange idea that if they say they drink gin we'll think they're cultured or something), or there is some bizarre phenomenon which attracts gin drinks to GD
I don't drink gin - in fact I don't think I've ever tried more than a sip of it outside of cocktails. Because of this I didn't see much point posting in a gin thread.
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 22:59   #44
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i actually don't like gin, and i think it's even worse with tonic, but then again i'm not really cultured either.
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 23:28   #45
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Gin = vile
Tonic = vile

Therefore I can only assume that a drink that combines the two would be doubly vile
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 23:36   #46
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think i could, given time, acquire the taste of G&T and come to enjoy it. I'm just not sure I feel any pressing urge to.
Unread 10 Sep 2006, 23:59   #47
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

you're gay, surely you like gin and tonic by default?
Unread 11 Sep 2006, 00:01   #48
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I don't drink gin - in fact I don't think I've ever tried more than a sip of it outside of cocktails. Because of this I didn't see much point posting in a gin thread.
What he said.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2006, 00:03   #49
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

jack daniels and coke is spirit/mixer of choice. more generally, spirit of choice is Stolichnaya vodka. If I'm in a Scotch mood, it's Glenlivet, but I'm rarely in a Scotch mood.

Gin and tonic just tastes like battery acid for refined gentlemen.
Unread 11 Sep 2006, 00:41   #50
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

I saw this on the back of a bottle yesterday
Quote:
Only vodka from Russia is genuine Russian vodka.
oh yes.