User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 Sep 2006, 00:26   #1
gameboy81

What Do You Like Drink While Gamming?

I prefer the slurpee so i get a suga high.....then i go CraZZZZZZZy!!!!!!

Especially online against all the NooBs!!!!...hahahaha "die noob die!!!!!"
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 00:28   #2
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: What Do You Like Drink While Gamming?

delete thread, ban user [/yahwe]
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 00:35   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like to ban users while I'm gamming. My tipple of choice at present? Orange squash.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:11   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why did you ban him?

He hadn't broken any rules.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:12   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i miss him already.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:14   #6
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

My guess would be that it's likely a gimmick account... or a spammer.

But, the thread topic is interesting

I prefer baileys straight up oddly enough. Throw some milk in for taste perhaps.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:18   #7
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[01:09:26] (TomKat): furball why did you ban that user?
[01:10:41] (KoeN): yes :[
[01:11:37] (furball): it was an advertiser
[01:11:47] (furball): or at least was going to be one
[01:11:57] (KoeN): unban plz :[
[01:14:33] (furball): it's obviously a spammer
[01:14:42] (KoeN): hm ok :[
[01:14:47] (furball): i'm not unbanning when someone comes along fitting all of the characteristics of a spammer
[01:15:27] (TomKat): er
[01:15:28] (furball): and you only want him unbanned so you can flame him off GD anyway
[01:15:30] (TomKat): he didnt advertise anything
[01:15:48] (furball): spammer doesn't equal advertising
[01:15:48] (TomKat): and i'm pretty sure one post isnt spamming
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:22   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

mods still haven't learnt to stick to their own forums
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:23   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

much to learn, you still have.</yoda>
I agree with furball, its an advertising account. Only a matter of time before it spammed urls
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:24   #10
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gamming apparently means attending a social gathering of seafarers/whalers at sea, so I expect the only drinks available would be rum and semen.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:26   #11
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Gamming apparently means attending a social gathering of seafarers/whalers at sea, so I expect the only drinks available would be rum and semen.
Don't forget the abundance of salt water!
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:27   #12
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Since you decided to cut off my reply...

[01:16] (furball) usually they'll come back to the thread later on and start posting about all of the wonderful drinks they like
[01:17] (furball) not all of them just turn up and start posting links
[01:17] (furball) we've just only had the stupid kind for the last few months

Some spammers come along and just post a thread of links and keywords. They are the most common.

Others attempt to start topics for discussion and then come back to the thread later on to start raving about how wonderful (in this case) their drink of choice is. I guarantee you that this guy was one of the latter.

I'm not unbanning him, no matter how much certain posters want to "beat the system" and "get one-up on the mods". You have a discussion topic now, feel free to post on it despite it having been done to death before.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:31   #13
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Can I delete this now?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:34   #14
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Can I delete this now?
Given that a separate debate has emerged, I think it would be wise to leave it here.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:34   #15
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Since you decided to cut off my reply...
Actually I made my post before you replied.

Quote:
Others attempt to start topics for discussion and then come back to the thread later on to start raving about how wonderful (in this case) their drink of choice is. I guarantee you that this guy was one of the latter.
So? It might make an interesting discussion (extremely doubtful in this case, but still) or one might branch off from it.

Even if it was, it's hardly like he'd RUIN the forums by doing it, is it?

Quote:
I'm not unbanning him, no matter how much certain posters want to "beat the system" and "get one-up on the mods". You have a discussion topic now, feel free to post on it despite it having been done to death before.
It's not about us "beating the system". It's about you making a shit decision.

Firstly you're a mod for AR (and temporarily for AD, because the workload is too much for lok apparently). Not GD.
Secondly he hadn't broken any rules.
Thirdly even if he had, is it cause for a ban? If I advertised a product on these forums would I be banned too?
Fourthly it's hardly encouraging for new posters is it? For all we know he might just be a new poster who's a bit shit at making threads. No wonder the number of posts on GD is in decline.

Quote:
Can I delete this now?
I hope this is one of those "I'm going to be funny in an ironic way" posts.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:36   #16
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I hope this is one of those "I'm going to be funny in an ironic way" posts.
I was trying

Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:45   #17
furball

Quote:
It's not about us "beating the system". It's about you making a shit decision.

Firstly you're a mod for AR (and temporarily for AD, because the workload is too much for lok apparently). Not GD.
Secondly he hadn't broken any rules.
Thirdly even if he had, is it cause for a ban? If I advertised a product on these forums would I be banned too?
Fourthly it's hardly encouraging for new posters is it? For all we know he might just be a new poster who's a bit shit at making threads. No wonder the number of posts on GD is in decline.
It's 1.30am. There are no other mods online. I'm not even sure why I'm online myself.

A mod is a mod, perhaps with the exception of the RP mods who do keep to themselves. If we see spamming or advertising, we get rid of it to the best of our abilities and ban the user responsible - in particular where it's by a user who has just registered (which is a very common feature). It doesn't matter where I mod to be honest, experience comes with time spent in the post, the forum itself rarely matters so much (except the Strategy forum and the Helpdesk). AR itself has to be intensively modded to keep it easily accessible for newbies.

Telling me that the guy's broken no rules is a clear sign of desperation, since those rules were written in 2002 before advertising in this way became common. Finally, Clause 1.

As for new posters, those with a shred of intelligence (which many new posters to GD have) will see that this guy was banned for the reasons that I've stated. If you're suddenly concerned about GD declining then perhaps, just perhaps, the treatment of cross-over posters from PD and AD should be given a higher priority than spammers who are a little more compentent than the usual bunch.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 01:58   #18
Tomkat

Quote:
AR itself has to be intensively modded to keep it easily accessible for newbies.
Right. GD doesn't. So applying your AR rules to GD isn't very sensible.

Quote:
Telling me that the guy's broken no rules is a clear sign of desperation, since those rules were written in 2002 before advertising in this way became common. Finally, Clause 1.
A Moderator is free to close/edit/remove/move any thread he/she wants.

It doesn't say anything about banning users. Oh except that in 90% of cases the user receives a warning before a ban. I'm willing to bet you didn't warn him, did you?

What you're doing is no better than what Marv did. In fact, in a lot of ways it's worse. Marv at least had a complaint. s|k also broke the rules. s|k was also only banned for a week, and (I believe) was warned.

There are GD mods for a reason. You were recruited as an AR mod, to moderate a forum noone else really wants to. Using it as some sort of backdoor to become a GD moderator isn't what it's for.

Sorry if I'm being a bit anal about this but I'd have thought that especially given the recent forum drama that you'd have realise people don't like this forum being over-moderated
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:03   #19
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Actually the situations arent comparable.
marv has no modding experiance of any significance - furball does.
Therefore furball is far more qualified then marv, or you for that matter to judge on these matters.

To me it sounds like you're just jumping on the bandwagon - any excuse to stick it to the mods etc.
cmon tomkat, you're better then that
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:07   #20
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
To me it sounds like you're just jumping on the bandwagon - any excuse to stick it to the mods etc.
cmon tomkat, you're better then that
Actually I support Marv in his decision to ban s|k (it was only a week, and s|k himself said he deserved it) and if you read that thread you'll notice I didn't "jump on the bandwagon" once but ok

So if someone is a mod and they ban someone it is ok but if they're PA team and they ban someone it isn't?

Even though without planetarion these forums wouldn't exist?

I see.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:09   #21
Phil^
Insomniac

yes. Mods have the experiance necessary to judge properly. Pateam to be frank dont.
In the same way, mh have the experiance necessary to close a planet and the support team dont.

If planetarion suddenly disappeared, gd would simply move elsewhere. Its here for conveniance and historical reasons - not because pa is needed.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:11   #22
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
yes. Mods have the experiance necessary to judge properly.
If judging properly is "he's a new user and he's made a crap thread so therefore he must be an advertising gimmick/spammer so I'll ban him permanently" then maybe we should rethink who the mods are
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:12   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

delete thread.

Well done for banning user.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:14   #24
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
If judging properly is "he's a new user and he's made a crap thread so therefore he must be an advertising gimmick/spammer so I'll ban him permanently" then maybe we should rethink who the mods are
I see you are still ignoring logic and reason in order to further advance your crusade against the mods
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:19   #25
Tomkat

This is the first time that I can recall in which I've "crusaded against the mods".

In most decisions they make I agree with them, or at the very most am apathetic. Even if it comes to telling me off for posts I make.

So I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:21   #26
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

I thought this looked familiar.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 02:26   #27
furball

Quote:
Right. GD doesn't. So applying your AR rules to GD isn't very sensible.
I didn't say that the AR rules applied to GD. I used AR as an example because modding decisions have to be taken frequently there, probably at the same level as PD/Suggestions despite a lower turnover of posts.

Quote:
A Moderator is free to close/edit/remove/move any thread he/she wants.

It doesn't say anything about banning users. Oh except that in 90% of cases the user receives a warning before a ban. I'm willing to bet you didn't warn him, did you?
Of course I didn't. Would you warn a forum spammer and wait for him to defend himself before banning him?

Quote:
What you're doing is no better than what Marv did. In fact, in a lot of ways it's worse. Marv at least had a complaint. s|k also broke the rules. s|k was also only banned for a week, and (I believe) was warned.

There are GD mods for a reason. You were recruited as an AR mod, to moderate a forum noone else really wants to. Using it as some sort of backdoor to become a GD moderator isn't what it's for.

Sorry if I'm being a bit anal about this but I'd have thought that especially given the recent forum drama that you'd have realise people don't like this forum being over-moderated
Just get off your high horse pretending that you know anything about how to mod a forum.

For starters, modding is a proactive job, not a reactive one. This means that if you see something that needs to be modded, you do so. You don't see it, then hang around hope that someone's going to use the report post function so that you can do something about it.

Mods have different forums in order to specialise. We could all be super-mods without being attached to particular forums, but this wouldn't work as well. For example, a key poster on the Programming forums wouldn't usually be as useful on PD - e.g. megla. You will observe that mods are generally given forums that suit them best - T&F is solely a GD poster, Ultimate Newbie is heavily involved with Strategy and lokken is an important AD figure.

Since most of the mods aren't super-mods and can't mod particular threads on every forum, all they can do is react to spamming and advertising by banning the user involved. If it was a regular poster who they thought was spamming, it is unlikely that they would take action unless it was at Shai Gar levels. And as I said before, we only intervene where a new user is advertising/spamming. Please try to get this into your head.

Quote:
TOMKAT FOR MOD!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, do you actually have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to modding these forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
You just won on the internet.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 04:09   #28
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Any user who has a commercial product as part of his name should be banned on sight.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 09:22   #29
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I agree with Tomkat, it was hardly an 'emergency' situation, it was a single post, and so why could it not have been left until a rule was actually broken?
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 09:35   #30
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Bah, even if he wasn't going to advertise, I'd vote for banning him. Just look at what he bloody wrote! *shudder*
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 10:00   #31
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
I agree with Tomkat, it was hardly an 'emergency' situation, it was a single post, and so why could it not have been left until a rule was actually broken?
Read through the thread. Comprehend. Then pull your head out of your arse and try posting properly - at least Tom read my posts and replied to them rather than just fagging up this thread.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 10:17   #32
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

He should have been banned under Clause 11.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 11:01   #33
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

shut up Tomkat
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 12:38   #34
Tomkat

Quote:
Just get off your high horse pretending that you know anything about how to mod a forum.
Quote:
Seriously, do you actually have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to modding these forums?
Since you mentioned it, I used to be a supermod at http://forums.student.com/ before I grew out of it and got tired/bored. I've been there, done that and got the T-shirt. I think you'll see if you look at some of the crap in there it's slightly tougher than moderating these boards

So I do have an idea about what I'm talking about.

Quote:
And as I said before, we only intervene where a new user is advertising/spamming. Please try to get this into your head.
He didn't do either. So why did you intervene?

Quote:
TOMKAT FOR MOD!!!!!!!!!
Don't try to turn this around. You made a shit decision. You should admit it instead of trying to make me out to be the bad guy for pointing it out.

Quote:
You just won on the internet.
I win at life. The Internet is just a part of life
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 12:59   #35
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To me it looks like a spam/bot account designed for shit purposes - even if he didn't break the rules, he's got the 'feeling' of a spamming/bot account all over. If it is genuine, he can go and get it overturned, but I doubt that will happen. It's a pretty obvious ban and one I'd have probably dished out. I have always banned accounts like this on GD, because it's simply being helpful as often there aren't other mods around to deal with it. furball, likewise is being helpful. No mod has ever objected to this, because it's just common sense.

To illustrate:

Quote:
Oh look, common sense won. Advertising/spam is one thing any mod is qualified to deal with. I wouldn't object to someone banning such a user on my forum, why would I want clutter on my forum? What i wouldn't do is ban someone for doing something beyond advertising/spamming as that's for the mods of that forum to decide.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 13:05   #36
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Quote:
I thought this looked familiar
Oh look, common sense won. Advertising/spam is one thing any mod is qualified to deal with.

He didn't advertise or spam that other forum.

He also wasn't banned.

A discussion (albeit a bit of a crap one) also stemmed from his first post.

Quote:
I wouldn't object to someone banning such a user on my forum, why would I want clutter on my forum?
I don't think GD has any danger of being "cluttered"
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 13:16   #37
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Correct. Just baning someone because he signed up and made 1 post doesn't really constitue spamming :s

And were in clause 1 does it say about banning again?

At least when I did it I acted on a compmplaint -and- tried to resove it by a simple edit / warn. I only banned when these attempts failed.

Personally I can't see what he's done wrong, this is 'General Discussion' why should he get banned for just posting asking what his favorite drink to game with is?

tbh you can't flame me for what I did then go do this yourself furball.

Double Standards for the loose.

Unread 3 Sep 2006, 13:35   #38
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He didn't advertise or spam that other forum.

He also wasn't banned.

A discussion (albeit a bit of a crap one) also stemmed from his first post.
Which part of spam/bot account in my post did you not understand? These are obvious things to remove from any well run forum. They should not be contraversial in any manner whatsoever.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 13:44   #39
Tomkat

Quote:
Which part of spam/bot account in my post did you not understand? These are obvious things to remove from any well run forum. They should not be contraversial in any manner whatsoever.
Maybe we should convict all would-be criminals based on "hunches" and "oh they had the feeling of a criminal all over" too?
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 13:50   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Maybe we should convict all would-be criminals based on "hunches" and "oh they had the feeling of a criminal all over" too?
Maybe we should distinguish between the internet and reality.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 14:51   #41
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

so nod, have you had a chance to listen to the new decemberists yet?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 15:01   #42
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

This thread seems like a success to me
A few more ad/spambots and this whole forum will come to life

Last edited by Alessio; 3 Sep 2006 at 15:06.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 15:47   #43
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

dunno while gaming, soda? I usually only play flash games though :-/. but while at a bar i'll prefer a white russian.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 15:48   #44
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Correct. Just baning someone because he signed up and made 1 post doesn't really constitue spamming :s

And were in clause 1 does it say about banning again?

At least when I did it I acted on a compmplaint -and- tried to resove it by a simple edit / warn. I only banned when these attempts failed.

Personally I can't see what he's done wrong, this is 'General Discussion' why should he get banned for just posting asking what his favorite drink to game with is?

tbh you can't flame me for what I did then go do this yourself furball.

Double Standards for the loose.
He was spamming. We've seen this before, many a time. this exact strategy. Last time it was chocolate milk.

the thread should be been deleted (or at least locked) and the user banned. If this is not in the rules then it should be.

the only issue I can see here is if it was Furball's position to make the call and ban the user. Whilst I do not believe it was, his actions were correct. there must be a certain flexibility in the rules to avoid becoming too bureaucratic. this clearly being spam on a users first post, I'm not too fussed over who bans the user. Seeing as Furball is a regular visitor to GD he has the relative knowledge (I would hope) to make the correct decision.

the problem comes when action is taken when there are other mods for GD online or when action is taken against users who have been here for a while. For example, if Furball had banned one of the old guys who have returned then the situation would have been different. But this is a very simple case and was dealt with in an appropriate manner.

As long as cross-board modding goes no further than this then everything should be fine.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 15:49   #45
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Tomkat do be quiet. He was spamming in his sig and furball was perfectly right to ban him
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 15:56   #46
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
Tomkat do be quiet. He was spamming in his sig and furball was perfectly right to ban him
Disagree.

We need a poll - do you side with Tomkat or furball or do you not give a toss?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 17:43   #47
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I was trying :p

Yes you are.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 18:37   #48
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

if he hasnt broken any rules then i dont see why furball had any right to ban him. Furball should have deleted the thread and sent him a warning about the standard of thread he made without taking the step of perm banning him.

Quote:
hit the nail on the head with this post TK

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 18:45   #49
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"7th in the 2006 'Mr Netgamers' competition"

You cannot be ironic enough for this not to be gay.
Unread 3 Sep 2006, 18:47   #50
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
"7th in the 2006 'Mr Netgamers' competition"

You cannot be ironic enough for this not to be gay.
Don't be bitter Dace, just because you were thrown off the judging panel for Little Miss Netgamer. That wasn't my fault, I just suggested that a offering yourself as 1st prize might be something of a disappointment.

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Toccata & Fugue; 4 Sep 2006 at 08:26.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote