User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Dec 2008, 15:42   #1
Kenny

Ally McBeal

I used to watch this program occassionally when it was first on - I dont really remember much about it from before, but have recently started watching it again.

I ran out of West Wing, Scrubs, House, 24 and Blackadder boxsets to watch, so asked a flatmate if she had any boxsets I could make my way through, and it was either Ally McBeal or One Tree Hill.

I have started watching Ally McBeal and I have to say - if you can see past the character who's namesake represents the title of the show - it's actually a really good program. It's not consistently brilliant like House MD or The West Wing but there are a lot of set pieces that I've literally burst out laughing at.

I'm in shock! I didn't know I'd enjoy it so much! This is a very good programme, and I urge you all to take some time to watch it.

Ofc now my problem is telling my parent's I'm gay. I should buy an apple mac and ease them in...
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 02:43   #2
Kenny

Re: Ally McBeal

What's wrong with Ally McBeal?
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 02:52   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Check out Weeds. I saw one episode, and proceeded to watch the entire first season in one night.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 03:18   #4
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

I'm the dancing Ally McBeal baby!
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 05:48   #5
Kenny

Cochese, I'll bear that one in mind for when I get a proper internet connection - cheers.
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 10:17   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you like Ally McBeal you'll love Boston Legal. I used to watch Ally McBeal as well, and I used to laugh. I like girls, too!
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 13:52   #7
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo View Post
If you like Ally McBeal you'll love Boston Legal. I used to watch Ally McBeal as well, and I used to laugh. I like girls, too!
I'm not alone!!!
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 18:58   #8
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the wire.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 20:38   #9
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I always liked Ally MacBeal until they started competing with each other to be thin, at which point I mused on sending them fan-cake
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 11:55   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Ally McBeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Ofc now my problem is telling my parent's I'm gay.
If you like Ally McBeal, then you are gay. Gayer than me in any case. And that is pretty fagged-up fyi.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 22:02   #11
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I always like "The Biscuit."
Unread 3 Dec 2008, 22:31   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda View Post
of course you do.

the character is no different from Captain America; and i'm going to bet money that you liked him too.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 04:30   #13
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda View Post
I was told I'd make a good Fish by the same flatmate from whom I borrowed the boxset...

Bygones.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 10:47   #14
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I used to watch this program occassionally when it was first on - I dont really remember much about it from before, but have recently started watching it again.

I ran out of West Wing, Scrubs, House, 24 and Blackadder boxsets to watch, so asked a flatmate if she had any boxsets I could make my way through, and it was either Ally McBeal or One Tree Hill.

I have started watching Ally McBeal and I have to say - if you can see past the character who's namesake represents the title of the show - it's actually a really good program. It's not consistently brilliant like House MD or The West Wing but there are a lot of set pieces that I've literally burst out laughing at.

I'm in shock! I didn't know I'd enjoy it so much! This is a very good programme, and I urge you all to take some time to watch it.

Ofc now my problem is telling my parent's I'm gay. I should buy an apple mac and ease them in...

I've never seen it, but what's wrong with One Tree Hill?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 13:09   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go View Post
I've never seen it, but what's wrong with One Tree Hill?
It's a poor man's version of the OC but with more basketball.

Not that I'm trying to suggest the OC is good mind.
Unread 4 Dec 2008, 20:21   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
of course you do.

the character is no different from Captain America; and i'm going to bet money that you liked him too.
I had never read a "Captain America" comic book until this year. My eldest son gave me a "Captain America" comic boo which he got free for purchasing several other comics. It was set in an alternate world in which Germany won World War II and some super-baddie had moved the capital of the Third Reich to the United State. Captain America, who had been frozen in ice for some sixty years, is found, thawed out and has the dauting task of overthrowing the new wold order.

Unles by Captain America you meant George Bush, in which case, you are correct, I liked him too.
Unread 16 Dec 2008, 05:46   #17
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I used to watch Ally Mcbeal back when they first showed it on Channel 4. At some point though (after the first or second season I think) it stopped being a comedy show and become a soap opera. I was sad when that happened.
Unread 16 Dec 2008, 10:54   #18
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

You seriously should watch the likes of The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Generation Kill etc before watching Ally Mc ****ing Beal dude.

Oh and One Tree Hill is awesome in its own way.
Unread 20 Dec 2008, 16:30   #19
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Borrowed Ally McBeal and One Tree Hill off one of my girly flatmates... both pretty good series tbh! But then again ive seen the Ice Princess at least 3 times... Another great if somewhat short series is FireFly...

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2008, 23:45   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I used to get excited when I watched the sex scene in the car wash