User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2008, 14:58   #1
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough
bit off subject but ipod problem

hey this is a bit outa the ordinary in terms of stuff on here but was wondering if u guys could help me out

i just got a new sony headunit for my car a CDX-GT828U that has a front usb connection for mp3 players

meh ipod (80gb classic) when pluged into it will read and display track names and alb titles but the order of all the tracks is screwed up and if i go to browse the ipod on the headunit it comes up with f01 up to about f50 named folders with music files inside, but the files inside are named random letters..

i been reading up and its to do with itunes and ipods, when u save music on a ipod it saves in random files and with random names to prevent piracy etc, the question is tho

is there any way i can just save folders with the music inside stright to my ipod? or is there any way i can get my head unit to navigate through my ipod so i can say listen to a whole album??

thanks
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
starmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2008, 12:13   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: bit off subject but ipod problem

I'm guessing the anser to both questions is no.

The first one, I don't think it can be done.

The second one, probably could be done but I'd imagine you would have to buy a specific decoder or something in order to do it.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2008, 12:38   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: bit off subject but ipod problem

You can use an iPod as just a mass storage device - mine just shows up as a removable hard-drive and there're a couple mp3s on there in the root directory that I'm sure some other program could find and use if needed, but it means duplicating all of your music to make it work. Does the head unit support playlist formats like m3u? If so, you could manually create a playlist in Winamp or similar and then save it to your iPod somewhere accessible (such that all the paths are relative to the playlist within the iPod). All the metadata is still stored in the individual files on the player, so you should be able to fairly quickly figure out what's what.

I don't understand why the hell things that want to identify mp3's do it by filename anyway, that's pretty much exactly what ID3's for.