User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Feb 2008, 15:22   #1
Charles
Banned

Charles is on a distinguished road
Tramps Tramps Tramps

Tramps

example: a 25-35 year old man sitting by the cash machine on student nights+friday and saturdays asking each and every person who passes for 'any spare change'

the general tramp i see seems very fit and healthy? with a beer can possibly or when they take it to the extremes their is a dog next to them.

Why post about tramps?

because frankly iam sick to death of them asking me and the people iam with for money and i hate the view of people have of them when they recieve pitty etc.

Last night i was out in Derby, UK, i was just walking back from a club and there is a tramp sitting next to the cash machine as normal so as we are walking up he says, 'guys, have ya got any spare change?'

so i simply reply, 'get a job'

then the girls who i was with start having a go at me, and calling me a dick and unfair etc etc, atleast the guy i was with also backed me up but seriously, who is in the right here?

i dont understand why the tramp cant get off his lazy ass and get a job, secondly where is the tramp during day times and where is he when it rains???
tucked up in a bed imo...
surely especially in the UK there is no reason to be on the floor begging, they should simple go to the nearest council offices and kick off....

I would also like to point out that some students from the University of Derby paid a tramp to dance and video'd it and put it on youtube (search for 'Derbys Dancing Tramp') but the thing is, this was then the day after on the news! with people complaining how the tramps deserve better then this and that they were humiliating the tramps, i just find this sickening... the tramp earned money and was made ~famous~? possibly? anyways the thing is i personally think tramps should get off their asses and do something with their lifes instead of beg off people who aint even well off but people who are not in a mental state, drunk etc, and why is that ok?

It just really gets to me that people who were in the group with me complained that i asked why the tramp could not just get a job etc..

so i wondering what is the general opinion of tramps, especially those in England....
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 15:41   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Tramps Tramps Tramps

magnificent
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 15:48   #3
Charles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
magnificent

nice opinion man!
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 16:18   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Tramps are actually funded by us (the rich people) so that silly pesants like yourself can have something to feel better then in your misreabale lives, so that instead of thinking too much about being such miserabale people you get out and work.

They take shifts, you know.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 16:38   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

quite a few of these 'tramps' arent genuinely homeless half of the time. There are a lot of buskers who just do it for extra cash rather than because they have no choice. Also there is also the possibility that it just goes straight onto drugs or alcohol anyway.

Therefore if i were to donate to help people who *really* need it, i would donate to a shelter for them instead of directly to them
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 16:53   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Firstly, I hope this is by a spammer who will eventually try to sell us tramp repellant.

Secondly, if I was living on the streets I'd sure as hell be a drunk or on drugs or something.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 16:54   #7
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I think the 'genuine' tramps clearly got themselves into a rut at some point and probably feel they have no way out.

Unfortunately I've found in my experience that the genuine ones fall into maybe 15% of people asking for money. The rest are scam artists or druggies.

So while I would have no problem giving to my fellow man, my trust is somewhat lacking due to having been exploited by the wrong people in the past.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 16:56   #8
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Unfortunately I've found in my experience that the genuine ones fall into maybe 15% of people asking for money. The rest are scam artists or druggies.
What is your experiance to come to this conclusion?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 17:13   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Firstly, I hope this is by a spammer who will eventually try to sell us tramp repellant.
I cant find any telltale signs after a bit of poking around, its still a possibility though. mods are in a better position to tell etc
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 17:16   #10
All Systems Go

The posters nick+sig make me think of Prince Charles trying to a gangster rapper.

I don't know if this is good or bad.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 17:24   #11
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

This thread has reminded me of a tramp we ran into at the last meet. Someone gave him money and told him not to spend it on drugs, so Deepflow gave him money and told him to spend it on drugs
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 17:31   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As a well-to-do member of the fearful scurrying middle class I find it important to hold close as a mantra that expressing sympathy or compassion for those I perceive as socially below me is a betrayal of every trinket and idol I seek to define myself by, and as such is analogous to blasphemy or treason, and a detestable act in itself - comparable only, perhaps, to actually beinga heroin addict, mentally deficient or god forbid very poor.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 18:13   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is your experiance to come to this conclusion?
Where I live and the places I travel have an exceptionally high ratio of people begging for money.

If you mean to say how do I know the genuine from the non-genuine, unfortunately no description would be adequate, you must live here and experience it for yourself.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 19:01   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He's from England!!

Anyway, tramps are cool. I normally just give them a cigarette and have a chat while im waiting for the bus though.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 21:02   #15
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
This thread has reminded me of a tramp we ran into at the last meet. Someone gave him money and told him not to spend it on drugs, so Deepflow gave him money and told him to spend it on drugs
that was tethra.
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 22:37   #16
Charles
Banned

Quote:
The posters nick+sig make me think of Prince Charles trying to a gangster rapper.

I don't know if this is good or bad.

hmmm yeah, my other account got banned sigh so used my real name now, its posh right?

iam glad the general feeling is that tramps are just lazy bums taking money from anyone they can, imo they need to put to work, maybe a government scheme or something? but then not as the government slacks??

the best solution would be to send them in to iraq as our own suicide bombers but dont know if its possible?
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 23:54   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What is your other account.

P.S.
You're the best bot I've ever seen.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 00:00   #18
Charles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
What is your other account.

P.S.
You're the best bot I've ever seen.

Guess?
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 00:11   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't want to guess, I want to know.

(Ok, give me a hint, are you banned from #transcendancy)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 01:33   #20
Charles
Banned

Quote:
I don't want to guess, I want to know.

(Ok, give me a hint, are you banned from #transcendancy)
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 01:45   #21
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it's horn for goodness sake.

honestly you people ...
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 02:01   #22
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's a person called cba, Yahwe. From Planetarion.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 02:06   #23
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The last beggar I actually spoke to was Scottish, married, living in a council house, on the dole and apparently supplementing that with about €1000 a week from begging Thursday to Sunday. I didn't really believe him until he turned on and off the alarm of his 07 Jeep parked nearby. He claimed it was the best job he'd ever had.

Last edited by Achilles; 10 Feb 2008 at 02:16.
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 14:27   #24
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why has charlie been banned

stupid tramps!
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 15:28   #25
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
quite a few of these 'tramps' arent genuinely homeless half of the time. There are a lot of buskers who just do it for extra cash rather than because they have no choice. Also there is also the possibility that it just goes straight onto drugs or alcohol anyway.
Buskers generally arent homeless, nor do they pretend they are
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2008, 18:34   #26
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

There is a woman in Leeds who sells the Big Issue with her iPod to keep her company.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 01:55   #27
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I prefer the term bums to tramps. Tramps makes me think of Charlie Chaplin who I rather liked.
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 17:51   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Buskers generally arent homeless, nor do they pretend they are
Quote:
Busking is the practice of doing live performances in public places to entertain people, usually to solicit donations and tips.
Quote:
In British English usage a Tramp is a homeless person who travels from place to place, traditionally walking.
Look the same to me!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 18:06   #29
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Look the same to me!
er, what
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 18:35   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
er, what
Quote:
Looking refers to the act of visual perception.
Quote:
Same (Greek: Σάμη) is an Ancient Greek name of an island in the Ionian Sea, near Ithaca and Cephalonia.
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 18:55   #31
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

arent we droll.

i mean, in what way do they seem more than tangentally connected to you, insofar as both involve 'being outside'?
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 19:04   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
arent we droll.

i mean, in what way do they seem more than tangentally connected to you, insofar as both involve 'being outside'?
I'm saying phil's an idiot. Obviously you are too.
Unread 12 Feb 2008, 19:06   #33
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

right okay i guess you win then
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 11:26   #34
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Mark is wrong.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 13:31   #35
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not sure what Mark's point/joke is, but he seems to have missed the obvious reasoning that two separate definitions does not mean the categories are separate. Maybe someone could whip him up a simple ol' Venn diagram
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 13:46   #36
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Tramps Tramps Tramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles
the general tramp i see seems very fit and healthy?
That's not a tramp, that's Dante.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 14:43   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
Mark is wrong.
Oh ok, all tramps are buskers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'm not sure what Mark's point/joke is, but he seems to have missed the obvious reasoning that two separate definitions does not mean the categories are separate.
"Reasoning" doesn't make sense there, and you appear to not understand that saying, say, "it is not true that all footballers are spanish" does not preclude "some footballers are spanish".
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 15:51   #38
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I often wonder if Mark has an elaborate love-making ritual that makes use of the logical connections between the body's meridian lines and only ejaculates when he feel his blood flowing around his crotch correctly and his partner takes the time to recites some of Pascal's better work.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 16:16   #39
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Oh ok, all tramps are buskers.
If Nod was here then he would say that by any sane judgement Tramps are inherently a public entertainment, so under your definition they probably are all buskers, yeah.

P.S, this thread delivers.

P.P.S, why the hell was the original poster banned.
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 16:35   #40
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Presumably because his first account was banned as well. Also, everyone hates the English.
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 17:00   #41
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Where I live and the places I travel have an exceptionally high ratio of people begging for money.

If you mean to say how do I know the genuine from the non-genuine, unfortunately no description would be adequate, you must live here and experience it for yourself.
That's handy isn't it?
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 17:05   #42
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
Mark is wrong.
OK, quick poll. How many people here have seen homeless people busking, or busking people saying they are homeless?

Firstly, where would they keep their guitar?
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 17:43   #43
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Presumably because his first account was banned as well.
So what was his first account then?
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 18:14   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
So what was his first account then?
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...9&postcount=22
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 18:18   #45
All Systems Go

I always knew it was Achilles.

You tramp-hating bastard!
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 19:11   #46
Tomkat

Quote:
"Reasoning" doesn't make sense there, and you appear to not understand that saying, say, "it is not true that all footballers are spanish" does not preclude "some footballers are spanish".

According to your "dictionary definition logic" to try and prove that Phil is an idiot...

"Footballers can kick balls really well!"

"Spanish people like to eat paella!"

These two statements are conflicting so therefore Spanish people can't be football players

Phil never said that tramps are buskers. He said that people often generalised the two and just clumped "asking for money on the street through entertainment/begging" as "being a tramp". I've often seen "tramps" (homeless) with their dogs, playing a flute or something (buskers). Are they then busking or are they tramps? The two definitions aren't mutually exclusive dude.
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 19:59   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
quite a few of these 'tramps' arent genuinely homeless half of the time.
Leaving aside the point about buskers this is a confusing statement. Being homeless means different things depending on the context. If you are kipping on someone's sofa temporarily but they've made it clear they want you to leave soon, that's hardly any sort of "home" is it?

The number of people who end up sleeping rough is relative low in England - I think the CLG's stat was 500 at any one time (obviously one is too many) but of those 500 are going to be a bunch of people who have somewhere to stay sometimes, or maybe they had an arrangement and fell out with the people there or whatever.

So yeah, people who say "I've got no where at all to sleep tonight" might be exaggerating - it's difficult to tell. But I doubt many of them have a genuine home (where they have some sort of protected secure right to occupy and they're not at risk of being evicted or whatnot) is probably very low. Except for the guy with the porsche/jag/landrover that everyone seems to have met. What I don't understand about that particular guy is that for an obviously highly successful scammer, he doesn't half boast about his wealth a lot...
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 20:51   #48
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
According to your "dictionary definition logic" to try and prove that Phil is an idiot...

These two statements are conflicting so therefore Spanish people can't be football players
What the **** happened here?
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 20:53   #49
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

In the case of my example I genuinely don't think he felt he was scamming anyone. He seemed pretty upfront about his lifestyle and work choices. Perhaps drawing the dole on top is a bit much although strictly speaking I doubt he could be considered to be in "gainful employment" as the social welfare use the term.
Unread 13 Feb 2008, 21:31   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Actually it wasn't "dictionary definition logic", it was regular logic, the rules of english grammar and some quotes from wikipedia.

Quote:

These two statements are conflicting
They're not, please try to understand what the word "conflicting" means.

Quote:
so therefore Spanish people can't be football players
Arguing with you puts me in mind of talking to a child who's convinced he's discovered a perpetual motion machine (probably made from a solar panel, a lamp and a motor) and that he is one of the cleverest people alive.
There's some subtle (and not so subtle) ways that the child is wrong, but explaining these to him would be a waste of time as it won't sink in. Much better to wait for him to learn through experience, and proper schooling.

How old are you now?

Quote:
Phil never said that tramps are buskers. He said that people often generalised the two and just clumped "asking for money on the street through entertainment/begging" as "being a tramp". I've often seen "tramps" (homeless) with their dogs, playing a flute or something (buskers). Are they then busking or are they tramps? The two definitions aren't mutually exclusive dude.
Buskers don't beg for money. The first post only mentioned begging. Phil's post either equates busking with 'tramps' or it's a complete non sequitur in the middle of a paragraph and line of argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
What the **** happened here?
Hey pab. Are you beating up a nonce?