User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 17 Aug 2007, 15:41   #1
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
.NET certification

Hey guys,
I am wondering if you know online (or germany based) companies which offer Microsoft (yeah, i said it) .NET introductory + certification courses, which do not cost me my left arm and part of the right one.
I'd like to enhance my programming tools arsenal, and have a certificate to prove it, but i am unwilling and quite frankly unable to shell out thousands of euros for it. As a student, it's a lot.
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 16:07   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: .NET certification

I've never found a good one, and to be honest don't put much stock in professional programming qualifications anyway (with notable exceptions).

I taught myself C# over the course of a couple months about four years back (it was for the Imagine Cup, I got to the final!) and then was using it as a hobby. I made a few applications in it which I later used as a showcase of the fact that I knew the language. They were only little apps (a sudoku application, that sort of thing) but it was enough that when I got this job my now boss had seen what I'd coded and knew I was familiar with the language.

Unfortunately, in the UK at least, you can have all the professional qualifications you want but if you've no experience you're lumped with every other candidate. I was lucky to get this job, and can leave it with x years of industry experience which will see me an easier path into future work.