User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:31   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Success

I like to think of myself as a fairly rational person and I tend not to believe in God or spirits or anything like that. So why do I feel that my lfie will turn out ok? I don't mean that I find it difficult to envisige myself dying in the gutter, a worn-out junkie with an AIDS-diseased needles in my arm, stinking of piss, but that I will always be relatively comfortable and in the end all of my dreams will be fulfilled?

It's just not me. It seems that all accross the country people are willfully living in a delusionary dream that eventually, one day their wildest dreams will come true. And we won't have to do the slightest bit of work for it.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of day-dreaming but it seems that this is more a case of being able to see into the future. It's like the golden tickets for the chocolate factory. Everyone believes they will get one, that they are destined to get one and that no-one else stands a chance. The only difference is that no matter hoe much chocolate you eat you won't find the golden ticket because it's all a big hoax to make you buy chocolate. We all know it's a hoax but we go on buying chocolate anyway, just to live the dream.

What am I saying? Stop eating chocolate!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:38   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Success

Epsilon male
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:42   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Having hope being your driving force isn't a bad thing - it's probably better than resignation to a lonely impoverished death sitting in your own piss in a hospital ward, with your only worldly accomplishment having been completing the 1994 premiership sticker collection.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:47   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's the point, it isn't a driving force. It's more of a call of destiny where everythign will eventually come together no matter what you do (or don't) do.

It's 'Happy-Ending' Syndrome and I blame TV shows where things always work out for the best in the end. Friends is a particularly cruel fiend in this. If Ross killed a prostitute in a rage due to erictile dysfunction, he still wouldn't go jail and would still end up with Rachel living their happy middle-class urban lives.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:57   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I like to think of myself as a fairly rational person and I tend not to believe in God or spirits or anything like that. So why do I feel that my lfie will turn out ok? I don't mean that I find it difficult to envisige myself dying in the gutter, a worn-out junkie with an AIDS-diseased needles in my arm, stinking of piss, but that I will always be relatively comfortable and in the end all of my dreams will be fulfilled?
But the vast majority of people don't end up with AIDS diseased needles in their arm, so to assume that would occur would be silly. And you'd have a degree of choice along the lines anyway. Most people think they will be comfortable because the current economy does it make it possible for most people in the UK to be comfortable. So it's not unreasonable. Dreams being fulfilled is different - unless you've rather modest dreams - I doubt most people assume their dream of being a billionaire playboy who scores the winning cup for England in the world cup final is really going to occur.

But in terms of generally exepecting better things - I will repeat the prhase optimisism of the will, pessimism of the intellect. Things can be made better especially when human collective effort is combined with technological advances. On a personal level, you can continuously think bad things will happen to you but that will eventually become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 16 Aug 2007 at 13:09.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:58   #6
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think Friends portrays pretty good qualities for people actually. They're all have quite high morals, and yet are different enough for it to appeal to different people. For example, Joey is popular with women but doesn't really treat them badly. Ross has had a kid with his ex-wife yet tries his best to still be a good father. Etc etc.

Why are you leading your life, assuming it will have a happy ending? Life is a continuity and there isn't a big finale at the end of it.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:59   #7
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

I suppose its how you rationalise getting your dream and realisation that no dream is un-obtainable unless it is out of this world eg meeting someone who is dead but in real life

You know the old axiom (sp) "You can get anything you want out of life"

So if I wanted to be a millionaire, I could travel down many different paths to realise this dream/goal. I could sit here waiting for some kind of insight into the future and captilise on this or could become a drug dealer or could save/invest or whatever.

There is no guarantee that I will achieve my dream. Its a base human issue that makes our refusal to give up on something like a dream, that could also be our downfall. So things like the odds of winning the lotto/getting that golden ticket that are so against us mean nothing.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 13:01   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Why are you leading your life, assuming it will have a happy ending? Life is a continuity and there isn't a big finale at the end of it.
The foursome-with-twins-and-a-midget on the roof of a collapsing building I have planned for my death begs to differ
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 13:25   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I think Friends portrays pretty good qualities for people actually. They're all have quite high morals, and yet are different enough for it to appeal to different people.
I've not seen every episode I admit but they seem to be self-absorbed, shallow products of atomised urban life. One of them is some sort of professor or something and yet their conversations are almost entirely superficial uninformed nonsense. One of the characters has some sort of animal rights fetish (fair enough) but there's zero political awareness or engagement. I can't recall seeing much evidence of philanthropy, but I wasn't really a fan.

I agree they are not terrible human beings in the sense murderers might well be, but they're not exactly inspiring. Overall, if they're selling some sort of lifestyle, it's basically one of coffee and mediocrity.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 13:31   #10
Tomkat

I didn't say they had amazing lifestyles, I said they had decent morals and demonstrated good values for life.

They value:
  • Honesty
  • Friendship
  • Family
  • Responsibility
  • Equality
  • Stability

I think those are pretty good qualities to try and adher to

I don't mean to be rude Dante, but from someone who doesn't wash his trousers and takes illegal substances at least once a week, you're not one to talk about an inspiring lifestye choice
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 13:35   #11
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
there's zero political awareness or engagement.
On a separate note from the thread, I think one of the main reasons for this is that politics changes. The show has been going since the early 90s; jokes that may have been funny then wouldn't be now. That's why they weren't included (I expect...)
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 13:51   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude Dante, but from someone who doesn't wash his trousers and takes illegal substances at least once a week, you're not one to talk about an inspiring lifestye choice
Fortunately no-one is saying I'm anything but a dreadful human being.
Quote:
Honesty
Friendship
Family
Responsibility
Equality
Stability
I'm not sure what you explicitly mean by Equality and Stability in this context, but those are very very basic morals. To quote Chris Rock:
"******s always want credit for some shit they're supposed to do. They'll brag about stuff a normal man just does. They'll say something like, 'Yeah, well, I take care of my kids.' You're supposed to, you dumb mother****er. 'I ain't never been to jail.' Whaddya want? A cookie? You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having mother****er!"

And politics aren't included (generally) as a rule on American sitcoms because the networks don't want controversies. Even Spin City (which was about a political environment) didn't actually do many political jokes per se. Seinfeld did an abortion episode (i.e. made it clear what the characters were in favour of) but that was an exception to the wider rule. A TV show which says "Democrats are shit" (or even something more subtle than this) risks alienating an audience (and more importantly, sponsors/advertisers).
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 14:29   #13
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They value:
  • Honesty
  • Friendship
  • Family
  • Responsibility
  • Equality
  • Stability

I think those are pretty good qualities to try and adher to
while all those qualities in your list are something one should aspire towards, they are all nothing but an illusion of an utopia, pretty much as the rest of the show is. don't get me wrong, i love watching the show, i've seen all episodes at least once, but while i watch it i am aware of the fact that that kind of relationship can NOT exist in real life between people. the show promotes stereotypes : the rich spoiled brat, the cool with the ladies but stupid guy, the emotionally unstable man that would cling on to any form of affection from the opposite sex(very likely related to mother figure issues) and so on, but all the show does it to turn all that into a socially accepted environment where friendship will prevail no matter what.

So as you are looking up to those ideals, keep in mind that they only exist in theory, and what the individual does in his struggle to apply them and ultimately become them in his real life alters the very meaning of the ideals. thus every person will come up with his or her personal view on the subject irrespective of what the words initially meant for them, according to the experiences they go through while fighting to achieve said ideal.

what i mean by all this is that the notion of success (like the aforementioned notions of honesty, friendship, family, etc) is all relative, and we will all find new meanings to the ideal according to our own personal experiences, morals, philosophy of everyday life and all that.

(yes, i am VERY bored.)
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 10:30   #14
Tomkat

I know it's fiction
(I remember reading somewhere about the average cost of their apartments vs. how much they're likely to be earning as a waitress/failed actor/chef etc which was amusing)

Just because something isn't real doesn't mean it demonstrates good human values though. As Dante said, things like being decent to your friends should be the staple, but we often aren't and can be overly selfish. If a teenager is going to follow something for its moral values, they could do a lot worse than the mindless soap comedy of Friends.
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 11:51   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The rent vs pay issue was amusingly covered in the last episode.

Code:
Chandler (to the babies): Look around you guys - this was your first home.
                         and it was a happy place filled with love and laughter.
                         but more important, because of rent control it was a frickin' steal
(laughter)
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 23:18   #16
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the opinion of the gods is that you mortals ****ed up with this organised religion stuff
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 01:35   #17
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

This will sound off the wall but comming from me it would not be surprising.

Maybe the feeling that you have that everything will work out fine is because eventually everything will. God is a part of all of us and heaven does not have to start when you die. God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him.

On the other hand it could all be an illusion by the devil to keep you thinking that life is just peachy. Since you don't believe in God the Devil has no need to attack you. The devil does not attack 2 types of people; those that are certain to go to hell, and those that are certain to go to heaven. If you are somewhere in between you will be attacked by the devil during your life in an attempt to sway your belief away from God.

I also agree with Yahwe. Organized religion is messed up. You need a personal relationship with God.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13

Last edited by Travler; 18 Aug 2007 at 02:16.
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 02:13   #18
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Travler, have you watched the HBO show, Big Love? If not, do. I'd like your opinion on that sort of thing.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2007, 02:53   #19
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Travler, have you watched the HBO show, Big Love? If not, do. I'd like your opinion on that sort of thing.
I don't have HBO.

Unread 18 Aug 2007, 04:12   #20
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yet you have the internet. I fail to see the problem.
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 03:00   #21
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Yet you have the internet. I fail to see the problem.
My computer is a Pentium III 500mhz running Windows 98 SE with a 10 GB hard drive that has 5.36GB of free space. I cannot download much of anything further than a webpage to my computer. Maybe I can read a synopsis of the show.

Unread 19 Aug 2007, 13:16   #22
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

5.36 GB of space is enough to download a whole season (4.2GB). The rest of the stuff doesn't matter. You could also download 1/2 seasons at a time. Or get HBO, they make the only decent TV in America. Your excuses are invalid, please start using the internet properly
Unread 19 Aug 2007, 19:37   #23
Tomkat

I don't think you realise how appallingly slow 500mhz computers are, Achi. My one in Jersey is about the same speed and it's disgusting how long it takes to do stuff (in comparison to today's computers)
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 06:02   #24
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

I don't see how it matters for using a torrent client or playing divx files. 4 monkeys with an abacus would probably suffice at a push.
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 10:14   #25
All Systems Go

Quote:
I don't see how it matters for using a torrent client or playing divx files. 4 monkeys with an abacus would probably suffice at a push.
I can vouch for this. My old desktop had 500mhz and 316 meg of RAM with a 16gig HD. It could download fine and playing movies was not really a problem. Although it does slow the system down quite a lot when downloading.