User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Aug 2007, 10:11   #1
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Bumming smokes

I came to sudden realisation yesterday the difference between people from north dublin and south dublin.

I live on the south side and have to travel into the city and out of it going north to work. So I was standing at my bus stop on nothrside and some little scumbag comes up to me tryin to bum a smoke. Told him no **** off, but he kept pestering and pestering me, like ah gwan bud ffs its just a smoke you got plenty, give us one gwan gives us one etc etc. I told him again did ya not hear me the first time go **** yourself. he kept at me, sayin to passerby's I was tight and wouldn't give him a smoke until my bus came.

So right on the way home on the southside some posh kid comes up to me asking for a smoke. He was like "Sorry do you have a spare ciggerrete" Told him no **** off. And do you know what he ****ing did.

At this point I realised north siders just never give up, there stubborn bastards and will keep at ya and at ya until they either get want they wanted or get whats coming to them, where as southsiders are pussies.

I'm a south sider but jesus I've got more respect for the northside scumbag for persisting on the offchance he will get what he wants.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 10:15   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Bumming smokes

So basically what you're saying is that all Dubliners a scrubbing little bastards?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 10:33   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tight-ass.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 11:03   #4
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Hihi, you take public transportation.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 11:10   #5
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Yeh true, it would be more expensive to drive to work. Check this out

Public Transport
costs:30 euros a week to get a bus/rail ticket.
pros:can watch me dvds on my lappie
cons:takes me 1.5hrs to get to work

Car
Costs: Petrol 40 quid, toll bridge cost per week 20 quid, insurance about 50 quid a week
pros: It takes me .75hrs to get to work
cons: its nearly 4 times as expensive, irish people can't drive, road rage
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 11:44   #6
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah that's pretty conclusive you should submit it for peer review I think you could be rich beyond your wildest dreams
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 11:47   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do you really tell people to **** off if they ask you for a smoke?

Where do you live and work incidentally?
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 11:51   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Dublin?

Unread 15 Aug 2007, 11:55   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Dublin?
I meant more specifically (I live just outside dublin and work in dublin myself you see).
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 12:11   #10
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

South dublin?

Unread 15 Aug 2007, 12:34   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I am 22, don't have a driving lisence, nor a car.

I use public transport wherever I go. I think at this rate, by the time I am 30 I still won't be able to drive.

Public transport on the whole is cheaper and lowers your carbon footprint. The only problem is that you have to rely on other people and other companies to work. Sometimes they are just plain shit (hi central trains, thanks for constantly delaying the 6.35, the 6.45 and 6.55 trains in the evenings)
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 12:40   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
carbon footprint
The fact that the first person I saw to use this phrase on GD recently was pig has caused me to laugh so hard I shook my office to pieces.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 12:41   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
and lowers your carbon footprint
Hippy.

I live in Edinburgh, where parking is absurdly difficult and expensive anywhere central and residential. My place of work is about 10 miles away, maybe four miles out of town, and I bus it because I can't be dicked cycling.

Even though I bought a bike.

But it got nicked so that was good. I feel less guilty every morning.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 12:50   #14
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The fact that the first person I saw to use this phrase on GD recently was pig has caused me to laugh so hard I shook my office to pieces.
Why did you laugh so hard?

I do really care about the environment. I recycle and use public transport, as well as tell others to watch what they are doing.

My vision is that one day cars won't be needed, we will be serviced by such a good public transport system that cars would become obsulete. Although this will never happen unless they nationalised all the trains and buses and had them under one network and not for profit etc.

My dad said that in the 60s when you travelled with british rail, you could have a cup of tea at the station and take the tea cups with you on the train, drink your tea and eat your scone and then leave your tea cups at the station you arrived at.

He said that because the whole network was under the same umbrella, it didn't matter where the china was from as it was all the same.

He also liked the pictures in the carriages. Proper train journeys he describes them as.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 12:53   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

You just seem like such an appallingly impressionable daily mail reader. Sorry dude!
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 12:56   #16
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Train journeys are unpleasant enough without the stench of stale coffee and scones adding to the experience. I strongly suspect that the anti-car brigade are mentally ill; its beyond me why anyone would advocate the dehumanization that comes from mass-transport over the privacy and space enjoyed in your own vehicle.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 12:56   #17
pig
1up on you

I don't read the Daily Mail.

I formed my opinions a long time ago.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 13:01   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I don't read the Daily Mail.

I formed my opinions a long time ago.
Your definition of a long time ago and mine are probably different. Whereas you clearly think six months, I'm more like six years.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 13:02   #19
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Train journeys are unpleasant enough without the stench of stale coffee and scones adding to the experience. I strongly suspect that the anti-car brigade are mentally ill; its beyond me why anyone would advocate the dehumanization that comes from mass-transport over the privacy and space enjoyed in your own vehicle.
I actually enjoy train journeys, and many of my friends who are commuters enjoy them as well.

I used to catch the 7.31am Train from Sutton Coldfield to Birmingham New Street. You saw the same faces every day, sat in pretty much the same seats, had the same routine. It was a nice way to start the day.

Sit on the train for 20 minutes, read the paper and see some familiar faces.

I get bored and annoyed when I am stuck in a traffic jam for more than 5 minutes. That's what really peeves me off. Sod precious privacy and space, I'd rather be sat next to someone on the train than stuck on the A38 or 30 minutes in the morning.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 13:03   #20
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Your definition of a long time ago and mine are probably different. Whereas you clearly think six months, I'm more like six years.
I'm more like 5 years ago, that's when I started giving a toss about the environment and how what I do impacts on my surroundings.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 13:08   #21
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like trains as they give me an uninterrupted oppertunity to read. I find it annoying though when there are people on the phone who can only be described as twats.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 13:18   #22
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the only reason i don't mind getting the train/bus is because i can read, sleep or do a sudoku or something whilst sitting there.

I really miss the freedom of having a car but i don't need one at the moment so no point spending money on one...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 13:18   #23
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I get bored and annoyed when I am stuck in a traffic jam for more than 5 minutes. That's what really peeves me off. Sod precious privacy and space, I'd rather be sat next to someone on the train than stuck on the A38 or 30 minutes in the morning.
Well I admit the morning/evening rushes are symptomatic of deeper social problems and theres not really anything you can do about them, but I'd still say that being stuck in a traffic jam for 20 minutes is nowhere near as degrading as the sort of crushes you get on trains, squeezed tight against the sweaty bodies of other passengers, and so on. Even at non-peaktimes train journeys are rarely good; bad smells (food), too much noise, people talking on mobiles, ipod headphones leaking noise, babies, beggars, etc etc. Yeah, it does give you time to do things that you wouldnt get if you were driving, but theres very little worthwhile that you can do in 20-30 minutes anyway (I think that public transport has helped people develop really bad attitudes towards book-reading but thats a different thread).

I doubt you talk to the familiar faces you see every day, and if you do then its probably the worst kind of smalltalk possible so I dont really see that as a point in favour :/ (I could be wrong though!).

Last edited by Nodrog; 15 Aug 2007 at 13:31.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 13:30   #24
All Systems Go

Is it weird I get the same akward feeling when I tell people I don't have a cigarette (I don't smoke) as when I tell homeless people I dont have any change (I always do)?
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 14:07   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I'm more like 5 years ago, that's when I started giving a toss about the environment and how what I do impacts on my surroundings.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?p=3089093

There's some incongruity between this statement and that. To be honest given the lack of references to the environment before that point I'd assume the post from 31st January of this year would be accurate.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 17:34   #26
pig
1up on you

Quote:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?p=3089093

There's some incongruity between this statement and that. To be honest given the lack of references to the environment before that point I'd assume the post from 31st January of this year would be accurate.
I knew you would bring that post up.

That's when I started harping on about environmentalism and actually giving a serious thought into what I do.

I have been recycling and using public transport for years now, a long time before the Daily Mail readers jumped on board. I guess the Daily Mail just told me who I am.

I would rather actively give a toss about the environment, and do my bit for the environment than a) pretend I am too cool to give a toss and b) say I am an environmentalist when actually I do **** all.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 17:43   #27
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

Quote:
Do you really tell people to **** off if they ask you for a smoke?

Where do you live and work incidentally?
live out in Sandycove work in the Blanch, and yeh i do tell people to **** off quite a bit, i got this pent up aggression thing and i'm too old to start fights but sometimes a simple **** off gets the ball rolling
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 18:16   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
live out in Sandycove work in the Blanch, and yeh i do tell people to **** off quite a bit, i got this pent up aggression thing and i'm too old to start fights but sometimes a simple **** off gets the ball rolling
You should kick them in the balls or something.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 18:16   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I would rather actively give a toss about the environment, and do my bit for the environment than a) pretend I am too cool to give a toss and b) say I am an environmentalist when actually I do **** all
Sure, but saying your opinions haven't changed would be inaccurate.

Edit: how old are you tsm?

I mean seriously though man you live in sandycove, you might as well be D4.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 18:21   #30
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

most people here offer to buy a smoke from you. you could be making money!
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 19:09   #31
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

JBG, laughing at people who care about the environment just because Daily Mail readers also care about the environment. Wow, that really is a new step for intellectual snobbery. Hey JBG, I heard that the Daily Mail also thinks that ridiculous one-liner putdowns on the internet are cool. Where do you stand on that?

(I did get why you laughed but just because "carbon footprint" is a recently coined term doesn't mean pig can't use it - it's just a simpler way of saying "my total non-renewable resource consumption" which sounds pretty gay)
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 19:11   #32
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

Quote:
Sure, but saying your opinions haven't changed would be inaccurate.

Edit: how old are you tsm?

I mean seriously though man you live in sandycove, you might as well be D4.
27 man, this is feeling like a prolonged a/s/l

I've lived all over dublin and have come to the conclusion that I can buy a house in a shit hole or I can rent in a really nice area for 30% less the cost of a mortgage for the shit area.

Plus I find is hilarious listening to snobs bicker over nonsensical shit in the shops around here.

So where are you out in the sticks?
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 19:29   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

It was more just that pig used it and he confirms a daft amount of stereotypes for me these days tk. I see nothing wrong with caring about the environment regardless of who also supports caring about it (i'm sure hitler probably did!)

And I'm from bray tsm and sorry to harass you!
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 19:32   #34
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I bet I was your second bet to use the words "carbon footprint"
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 19:34   #35
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

An thread about an Irish person pigeon holing other people as 'different' and hating them for it.

My goodness me ... and the Irish are such a peaceful race!
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 19:58   #36
pig
1up on you

Quote:
It was more just that pig used it and he confirms a daft amount of stereotypes for me these days
I don't think you are, but I will ask just in case...are you referring to me?
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 20:03   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

No, I'm referring to the other poster in this thread called pig.
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 20:25   #38
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

There's another poster in this thread called pig?
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 21:22   #39
pig
1up on you

Quote:
No, I'm referring to the other poster in this thread called pig.
In that case, what stereotypes am I confirming?
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 21:41   #40
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
So basically what you're saying is that all Dubliners a scrubbing little bastards?
nah he is saying that southsiders have more manners and will **** off if you tell them too

whereas a northsider will persist or stab you

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2007, 23:20   #41
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
There's another poster in this thread called pig?
Yes, he has "1up on you" wrote under his nick. hes the chap that has strong views on the enviroment and i find him quiet endearing.

The other "pig" usually posts random, yet very funny posts.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 00:04   #42
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well I admit the morning/evening rushes are symptomatic of deeper social problems and theres not really anything you can do about them, but I'd still say that being stuck in a traffic jam for 20 minutes is nowhere near as degrading as the sort of crushes you get on trains, squeezed tight against the sweaty bodies of other passengers, and so on. Even at non-peaktimes train journeys are rarely good; bad smells (food), too much noise, people talking on mobiles, ipod headphones leaking noise, babies, beggars, etc etc. Yeah, it does give you time to do things that you wouldnt get if you were driving, but theres very little worthwhile that you can do in 20-30 minutes anyway (I think that public transport has helped people develop really bad attitudes towards book-reading but thats a different thread).

I doubt you talk to the familiar faces you see every day, and if you do then its probably the worst kind of smalltalk possible so I dont really see that as a point in favour :/ (I could be wrong though!).
quiet coach
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 09:50   #43
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Amazingly public transport isn't the same as this away from London.

I did the Newcastle to Durham commute for 3 weeks (bus then train then walk) and I always got a seat, it was rarely that busy, never loud and i never saw a begger.
It would have taken the same amount of time to drive probably as well.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 10:18   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

Dublin's actually gotten fairly decent for public transport the last few years. It's all a bit disconnected but it's not that difficult to get anywhere plus even in rush hour there are no more appalling crushes of people in on top of each other like you'd get on the trains a few years ago. The one problem I have with it is that you get ****ing dicked by some of the new trains where the seats just flat out aren't big enough but they've brought in newer onces since then that are a lot better.

When I was in new york public transport seemed fairly good there as well. It's not an inevitability that it has to be loud, smelly, cramped and disgusting. And why do we need a different thread for book-reading on public transport nod?

PS For ****s sake ste can we not have the ****ing link to another forum in ****ing red caps lock.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 10:55   #45
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

Quote:
The one problem I have with it is that you get ****ing dicked by some of the new trains where the seats just flat out aren't big enough but they've brought in newer onces since then that are a lot better.
oh man those darts piss me off no-end. As far as I know they designed in Japan. Ok I'm not saying all japanese people are 4ft pigmies with 1ft legs but I can sit in one of those seats normally and my ****ing knees are touching the seat in front of me.

By the way man calling me posh and you living in Bray wtf!! it doesn't get any more in the pale than there.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 11:02   #46
Tomkat

Oh my god, a discussion between two Irishmen about who is more common. Brilliant.
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 11:22   #47
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
quiet coach
Nodrog's not a coach, silly!
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 11:32   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

That's fairly surreal if you're claiming bray is a more well-to-do place than sandycove man. In fairness though I'm not the one going around telling people to **** off or hoping to start fights anyways. Thankfully I'm actually a cut above most people from bray, wicklow, dublin, ireland, europe, the world.

Also the pale only extended as far south as dalkey man
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 11:39   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeah, it does give you time to do things that you wouldnt get if you were driving, but theres very little worthwhile that you can do in 20-30 minutes anyway
I find my commute (which doesn't involve being crammed into anywhere) is the perfect window for organisational stuff - to do lists, quick budgets, drafting an agenda for early morning meetings and so on. If you've got a decentish PDA with email then it's the perfect opportunity to read/deal with the 80% of work emails which don't require much in the way of response. That way, when I get to work I can actually spend my time on the tasks which benefit from more space, input of colleagues, etc.

I'd consider the freedom public transport gives one more important. I'm only going to be going to places inside London, usually central if it's a social activity. So there'll be transportation. If I had a car, I'd worry about where to park it (which seems to occupy a huge amount of people's thoughts where I work as there isn't enough parking space), and the fact I couldn't be constantly intoxicated as now. For others, having a car does change their social dynamics - they can't just randomly go for a drink after work (and as alcohol is a huge part of British social activities, this does limit things quite a bit).

If you have a driver then of course I can see why you'd want a car, but I'm guessing if you have the income to support a driver then life looks a little different anyway.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 12:38   #50
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

Quote:
That's fairly surreal if you're claiming bray is a more well-to-do place than sandycove man.

well there are two sides to bray, the shit side and the well to do side. So i guess my comment depends on where you live. Since your quoting wicklow I'm going to assume your not actually in bray and more leaning towards greystones.

I suppose tho if you look at dun laoighaire compared to sandycove you could call it well to do, but from dalkey to sandycove haha the dalkey-ites would class sandycove as a hovel.

I mean cmon "you dont have to pray to get through bray" anymore that has to be an upside

Quote:
In fairness though I'm not the one going around telling people to **** off or hoping to start fights anyways.
Now thats taken out of context completely. You make me out to be a skanger in general rather than telling someone to **** off and stop bothering me for a spare smoke. If its a scumbag you tell **** off to, there is a reasonably good chance that him asking you for a spare smoke is a preamble to a fight/mugging/stabbing etc. Get the first one in says me.

Quote:
Didn't know that. I'm not too well up on history about english rule here heh, other than usual 600 yrs of oppression or was it 8. I guess it depends on how much I have drunk. The missus usually corrects me on it, she know more about it being english hehe

So where you work in the city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I find my commute (which doesn't involve being crammed into anywhere) is the perfect window for organisational stuff - to do lists, quick budgets, drafting an agenda for early morning meetings and so on. If you've got a decentish PDA with email then it's the perfect opportunity to read/deal with the 80% of work emails which don't require much in the way of response. That way, when I get to work I can actually spend my time on the tasks which benefit from more space, input of colleagues, etc.
This is another such bonus for me. I get to read all my emails on the way to work, rather than spending the first hour or so sifting through them. Its nice to know whats been going on that night so I can launch straight into all the action points

Last edited by TheShadowMan; 16 Aug 2007 at 12:43.
TheShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote