User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 May 2007, 21:51   #1
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mmorpgs

Advise me.

So far I have found WOW to be a jolly if repetitive romp. I have, perhaps perversely, mostly enjoyed the art of making money (the auction house is dell-boy's wet dream) and assasinating unsuspecting players (pvp server + mage + sneaking up on people already distracted fighting a monster).

It has been despite the nay sayers quite fun.

PC games in any other format appear quite dead, and are no doubt incapable of competing in a capitalist marketplace. Gone are the heady days of masters of orion 2, baldurs gate and dungeon master ...

So now I ask where next?
Unread 29 May 2007, 21:56   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Mmorpgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
mostly enjoyed the art of making money (the auction house is dell-boy's wet dream)

We seem to have something in common. How much did you make? I made about 3000g pre expansion. Actually probably more like 4500 but I liked to buy stupid shit for my alts and friends.

I would say wait for Conan, Warhammer and Pirates of the Seven Seas. If you like drama you could try Eve-online. I mean drama like in the early PA rounds and then even more intense. Game in itself is rather boring though in my opinion.
Unread 29 May 2007, 22:20   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I've been playing EVE-Online for three and a half years now and it's still very enjoyable (and will continue to be). It's an mmorpg situated in space where you fly around in your ship (frigate, interceptor, battleship, etc.) and either do missions or fight against other players.

If you like fiddling around on the market you'll find EVE's ingame market very interesting as prices etc. are decided by the players (except for skillbooks you buy from NPCs). If there's a war raging between player alliances (which it is all the time), demand for ships etc. will go up and the market will adjust accordingly. Kinda interesting.

The PVP is as real as you can get it. It's nothing like WoW's wannabe "pvp" where you don't lose your stuff when you die. By attacking another person in EVE you risk your ship and everything you've fitted on it, but if you win you can loot his wreck and get some valuable items.

EVE is the biggest mmorpg in the world in terms of players on one server. I think there's about 200 000 characters in the game now and there's usually always around 30 000 logged into the server at once. So there's no divided servers or any shit like that which WoW uses. They have one more server though, but it's for China only (due to their weird laws I think).

Also worth to say that a lot of people who used to play Planetarion find EVE enjoyable.
Unread 29 May 2007, 22:26   #4
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

starcraft 2!
Unread 29 May 2007, 22:29   #5
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
The PVP is as real as you can get it. It's nothing like WoW's wannabe "pvp" where you don't lose your stuff when you die. By attacking another person in EVE you risk your ship and everything you've fitted on it, but if you win you can loot his wreck and get some valuable items.
Yeah man the PvP is so good, I mean you can just like warp away during battle how cool is that?!
Unread 29 May 2007, 22:32   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

they should make one where you can go out to sea and be a pirate!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 22:34   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Yeah man the PvP is so good, I mean you can just like warp away during battle how cool is that?!
If you had people warping away from you, maybe you should fit a warp scrambler? Sometimes people fit warp core stabilizers (makes it harder to get scrambled) and there's not much to do about that unless you drop an interdiction bubble which stops anything.
Unread 29 May 2007, 22:35   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
they should make one where you can go out to sea and be a pirate!
Pirates of the Burning Sea, perhaps?
Unread 29 May 2007, 22:50   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Red face Re: Mmorpgs

Quote:
Pirates of the Burning Sea, perhaps?

That's the one I ment
Unread 30 May 2007, 00:00   #10
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Warhammer's RvR [realm vs realm] looks promising.
Unread 30 May 2007, 00:27   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I heard that planetarion game was pretty neat, can anyone confirm/deny?
Unread 30 May 2007, 00:57   #12
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Deny.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 01:07   #13
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
If you had people warping away from you, maybe you should fit a warp scrambler? Sometimes people fit warp core stabilizers (makes it harder to get scrambled) and there's not much to do about that unless you drop an interdiction bubble which stops anything.
That all went right over my head as I've never played EVE, just seen and heard about it, looks crap
Unread 30 May 2007, 01:08   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to try playing Lord of the Rings online.

Eve is hard to get into, and I played it for 2 years and was a better player than Nadar too so I know more
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 01:15   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I've been playing EVE-Online for three and a half years now and it's still very enjoyable (and will continue to be). It's an mmorpg situated in space where you fly around in your ship (frigate, interceptor, battleship, etc.) and either do missions or fight against other players.

If you like fiddling around on the market you'll find EVE's ingame market very interesting as prices etc. are decided by the players (except for skillbooks you buy from NPCs). If there's a war raging between player alliances (which it is all the time), demand for ships etc. will go up and the market will adjust accordingly. Kinda interesting.

EVE is the biggest mmorpg in the world in terms of players on one server. I think there's about 200 000 characters in the game now and there's usually always around 30 000 logged into the server at once. So there's no divided servers or any shit like that which WoW uses. They have one more server though, but it's for China only (due to their weird laws I think).

Also worth to say that a lot of people who used to play Planetarion find EVE enjoyable.
Eve is probably, in some ways, the best MMORPG out there, simply because it rejects the route that Everquest took and WoW improved upon and develops on other strengths.

Unfortunately, it's pretty flawed in other ways; the game in Empire is very dull, where the grind to get bigger and better ships is even more transparent, and stupid, than raiding for items is in WoW. 0.0 PvP, on the other hand, is turning into Capships online (with it taking 8 months or so to get into one from a standing start, and taking enormously large quantities of isk for the average, Empire, player).
Considering the premise of the game is based upon a free-form PvP sandbox with capturable territory CCP, the makers of the game, are both remarkably incompetent and remarkably biased. Earlier this year, a developer was caught spawning a number of T2 BPOs (blueprint originals, which let you make unlimited number of the thing it is a blueprint for, as opposed to BPCs, which have finite runs. Tier 2 gear is the most powerful gear players can make, and until recently were basically a license to print money). He was also a high-up in his alliance, and ran their capital fleet for a time. He was not fired, or even censured; and right now, there's another scandal about the same alliance having disproportionately powerful access to the GMs (amongst other issues of misconduct), with a volunteer ISD member (ISD run roleplaying events, which are both railroaded and rigged, and report on events in the Eve world) supposedly being banned from the game by having the audacity to be near one of said alliance's capital ships whilst a battle was taking place.

It's a sad statement about the world of MMORPGs that this is by some distance the best one. Very steep learning curve though.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 01:53   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

As you seem to be quite a fan of Star Wars, might I suggest Star Wars Galaxies. I've been playing the 14 day trial for a few days and am rather enjoying it, and it's my first mmorpg (except for the trial of EVE i played and got bored of before the trial expired)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 01:56   #17
Nadar
I see you!

The developers and the event team (ISD) have been awfully biased and helpful towards BoB (Band of Brothers - an alliance) indeed. Before the great war kicked off, we found out BoB was camping a solar system in our home and wondered wtf that was all about. Then we found out it was an event going on in there and funnily enough only BoB (who lives on the other side of the universe) had heard about it

It's a great game except for that though. Like you said, Empire life is damn dull and everyone should get into the PVP aspect a.s.a.p. Yes, there's some grinding towards bigger ships, but to be honest, flying small ships is a LOT more fun than flying big ships. Many new players complain about it taking so long to get into a battleship (2-3 months), but when they get there they'll wonder why they were in such a hurry.

It's a damn complex game and hard to understand, thus it has a quite mature playerbase (with some bad seeds ofc). It's nothing like WoW with it's 13 years old player running around screaming "lawl u nub!1". Many people quit before their trial period expires because they think they can learn how to play in such a short time (lo Dave). I've played for 4 years now and I'm still learning every day

Kila: How can you comment when you've never played it?

KaneED: You had more experience in the game than me as you joined in the start when I joined like 6-7 months into the game
Unread 30 May 2007, 07:30   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd definitely agree with the assertion that "small ships are more fun than big ships"; I fly a Stiletto for the most part, although I have been known to get involved with Covops/Recons/Dictors and the like.

Unfortunately, in most battles against BoB small ships are useless, as one of their titans will be doomsdaying you post haste if there's a chance they'll even kill one of you. Either that or they'll send in other supercapitals. Between that and the lag it makes most large battles an exercise in frustration, but occasionally everything will go smoothly (in terms of lag, at least) and the potential of the game really shines through.

In BREAKING EVE NEWS, there's been a devblog put up about the recent allegations. It reminds me very much of the Hutton report, except they also throw in a DDOS allegation (it's always a good idea for a company to threaten to sue its customers, I hear). I won't have said that I expected better, but I did hope for better, especially given that they actually paid attention to the Titan Manifesto.

In other news, Kieron remains the last person who should be the spokesman for any company ever, given the amount that he lies, and contradicts himself.
Unread 30 May 2007, 08:24   #19
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, capital ships (really big ****ing ships) ruined the game completely and made it a game of hours of camping and transporting to get something done.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 09:12   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'd definitely agree with the assertion that "small ships are more fun than big ships"; I fly a Stiletto for the most part, although I have been known to get involved with Covops/Recons/Dictors and the like.
I love my Stiletto. I'm pretty damn specialized in Minmatar ships and guns, so compared to many others, my Stiletto is more than the normal interceptor. I used to hunt people using bots/macros while npcing. They always fly a Raven and since they're missile (torpedoes) based I have no problem flying faster than their torpedoes. These bots are designed to log off at once anyone enters local though, so catching them are very damn hard. I managed to catch one of them once and was doing well at taking him down by myself. Suddenly he opened fired and started nossing me (nosferatur, capacitor drainer) and jamming (so I couldn't lock). I was like 'WTF this is not a macro, there's a player behind this ship!" and ran like **** when I realized he had fitted cruise missiles as well (which is faster than my ship). I got out on 90% structure or something
Quote:
Unfortunately, in most battles against BoB small ships are useless, as one of their titans will be doomsdaying you post haste if there's a chance they'll even kill one of you. Either that or they'll send in other supercapitals. Between that and the lag it makes most large battles an exercise in frustration, but occasionally everything will go smoothly (in terms of lag, at least) and the potential of the game really shines through.
Yeah, there's no way you can tank a Titan's doomsday in a ceptor I hate large fleet battles and try avoiding them as much as possible (not that it's been a problem since I don't have time joining in on large ops). The introduction of Titans totally ruined large fleet battles. They were made to decrease the size of fleets, but funnily enough the fleets just got even bigger than before (since the Titans doomsday can be tanked anyway).
Quote:
In BREAKING EVE NEWS, there's been a devblog put up about the recent allegations. It reminds me very much of the Hutton report, except they also throw in a DDOS allegation (it's always a good idea for a company to threaten to sue its customers, I hear). I won't have said that I expected better, but I did hope for better, especially given that they actually paid attention to the Titan Manifesto.
Have you read the CAOD forum section of eve-o today? Seems like there's a lot of drama going on, so better find the popcorn. There's a thread about GoonSwarm disbanding, but I don't really believe it since it didn't come from the CEO. Vile Rat (in post #31) outed himself as a BoB spy which would be damn funny if the disbanding was just a joke
Quote:
In other news, Kieron remains the last person who should be the spokesman for any company ever, given the amount that he lies, and contradicts himself.
Agree. He's been commenting way too much on the issues regarding CCP giving favors to BoB. He has even commented on the investigations, something he should never do if he wants them to be seen as credible. I think Arkanon (leader of Internal Affairs) might be influenced by such people as Kieron.

Which alliance are you in? I'm in Morsus Mihi (some ex-planetarion corps there (hirr (my corp) and 4s).

Last edited by Nadar; 30 May 2007 at 09:18.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 09:41   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Yeah, there's no way you can tank a Titan's doomsday in a ceptor I hate large fleet battles and try avoiding them as much as possible (not that it's been a problem since I don't have time joining in on large ops). The introduction of Titans totally ruined large fleet battles. They were made to decrease the size of fleets, but funnily enough the fleets just got even bigger than before (since the Titans doomsday can be tanked anyway).
There's no way you can tank Doomsdays reliably in anything that wasn't affected by the cap ship HP buff. Single DD, BCs/BS can do it relatively easily. Double DD, it's tough but possible.

Triple/Quadruple? No chance. As you say, their anti-blobbing measure is causing more blobs than it stops, and if anything removes the concept of the mid-sized gang, which the game was really suited for.

Supercaps in general are the problem. There should be no such thing as an invincible ship, even ignoring the other bullshit involved with them (like POS bowling).

Quote:
Which alliance are you in? I'm in Morsus Mihi (some ex-planetarion corps there (hirr (my corp) and 4s).
Goonfleet (which isn't disbanding, and Vile Rat isn't a spy. Or at least, if he is then he's done some complicated double bluff, or he just likes moderating our forums which is what he's been doing for the past few hours). How does the North look from your perspective, because it looks pretty terrible from where we are - D2 seemed just just give up and die, which is something of a pity given their status as one of the superpowers only a few months ago.
Unread 30 May 2007, 09:50   #22
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

I've quitted Eve for the second time some months ago but I read the eve forums almost dailly, the soap opera is an incredible entertaining read.

give them hell goons fofofofo
Unread 30 May 2007, 10:09   #23
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

LOTRO is good if you can get with a good guild because it's mainly story/environment driven so it gives you a point in doing things and I don't find you have to spend 10 years getting to a decent level. Even if you're new and play couple hours a day you can reach level 10 (where the characters become a lot more fun) in a few days.

Personally I'm playing on a rp server (no idiots because you can report fools) and am at level 11, I've decided to wait a couple of weeks to play and now that I have a much better comp I will resume playing after this round of pa.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 10:28   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
How does the North look from your perspective, because it looks pretty terrible from where we are - D2 seemed just just give up and die, which is something of a pity given their status as one of the superpowers only a few months ago.
To put it like this: D2 are D2's worst enemy. It amazes me that an alliance like that can be so crippled when they could have taken on all the attackers alone!

D2 has been utter shit the whole war. It's not their fighting that has been a problem, but their communication with allies. When D2 moved to Fountain the told no one, we only found out through EVE-O and moved south to assist after that. D2 continued with their no-communication-strategy and never told us about their operations.

When everyone went back north, MM moved to Fountain to cause havoc amongst the BoB pets, which we successfully did. Not that it mattered much in the large scale, but we managed to get MC and other forces' attention a few times which was the main goal all along (to distract them from their attack in the north). After about 2 weeks we went back to the north to help defend D2 which by then seemed to have given up on everything. MM took over the command of the northern forces as of a few weeks ago and things improved quickly, but probably way too late.

Damn D2. They're the single reason for why the whole war seems lost at the moment. They have a massive capital fleet and financial backbone, but they simply won't use it. We can't really give up on them either, who knows, maybe they eventually will get their guts together.

Maybe a moderator should pull out the off-topic posts from mainly me and Jakiri as it's more of a discussion about a game rather than advices for which games to play, and create a new thread?
Unread 30 May 2007, 11:00   #25
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Kila: How can you comment when you've never played it?
I commented on one feature that I knew of, I didn't comment on the rest of the game (which I think is pretty dull as I killed some stuff for my brother on his account some time ago, so tedious )
Unread 30 May 2007, 11:06   #26
Nadar
I see you!

You're a bit like my grandmother. She said the Internet was dull
Unread 30 May 2007, 11:11   #27
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pics please.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 30 May 2007, 11:13   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I commented on one feature that I knew of, I didn't comment on the rest of the game (which I think is pretty dull as I killed some stuff for my brother on his account some time ago, so tedious )
I hear that you get to DOCK IN STATIONS in Eve!
Unread 30 May 2007, 11:16   #29
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Considering the premise of the game is based upon a free-form PvP sandbox with capturable territory CCP, the makers of the game, are both remarkably incompetent and remarkably biased. Earlier this year, a developer was caught spawning a number of T2 BPOs (blueprint originals, which let you make unlimited number of the thing it is a blueprint for, as opposed to BPCs, which have finite runs. Tier 2 gear is the most powerful gear players can make, and until recently were basically a license to print money). He was also a high-up in his alliance, and ran their capital fleet for a time. He was not fired, or even censured; and right now, there's another scandal about the same alliance having disproportionately powerful access to the GMs (amongst other issues of misconduct), with a volunteer ISD member (ISD run roleplaying events, which are both railroaded and rigged, and report on events in the Eve world) supposedly being banned from the game by having the audacity to be near one of said alliance's capital ships whilst a battle was taking place.
Is this paragraph meant to be written in English?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 11:19   #30
Nadar
I see you!

I understood it.
Unread 30 May 2007, 11:19   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Is this paragraph meant to be written in English?
The grammar and syntax is within normal english bounds, all of the words are either standard english or abbreviations which I have expanded upon (with the exception of BPC (blueprint copy, but I explain what it is, so what it means is fairly inconsequential) and GM (a standard term in RPGs and the like)).

So yes.
Unread 30 May 2007, 12:12   #32
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You bring enough commas for the whole class?

Just kidding, you're doing great.
Unread 30 May 2007, 12:19   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
You bring enough commas for the whole class?
Yes, yes I did.

Unread 30 May 2007, 13:06   #34
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

EVE online is fantastic, now im getting my net sorted i can play again, im only a newbie tho, ratting my my way along.

DAOC is amazing aswell, unlike the pretender WoW it has proper PVP with its RVR (realm vs realm) system and it really does feel like a constant war.......which it is

WAR is being made by the same people as DAOC and hopefully they can imbrue DAOCs awsome pvp onto it and avoid going down the WoW route.

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 13:13   #35
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

tribalwars.

it's all you want, really.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 13:38   #36
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
tribalwars.

it's all you want, really.

No, it's not.
Unread 30 May 2007, 19:49   #37
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The grammar and syntax is within normal english bounds
I hate supporting gordon but that's just not true.

You over use commas. You scattergun them in whenever you feel you've typed too many words.

Also in defense of gordon he was mocking the inpenetrable technical language ...

(i need a lie down)
Unread 30 May 2007, 19:50   #38
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
As you seem to be quite a fan of Star Wars, might I suggest Star Wars Galaxies. I've been playing the 14 day trial for a few days and am rather enjoying it, and it's my first mmorpg (except for the trial of EVE i played and got bored of before the trial expired)
Thanks Dave

Genuinely

(i can't believe anyone wrote something helpful rather than bitching about eve online ...)
Unread 30 May 2007, 19:52   #39
Nadar
I see you!

My first post was intended to be helpful and elaborated on what the game was about... until Kila made a bad reply and we all continued escalating it.
Unread 30 May 2007, 20:06   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I hate supporting gordon but that's just not true.
Yes, I'm afraid it is.

Quote:
Also in defense of gordon he was mocking the inpenetrable technical language ...
The impenetrable technical language which I went out of my way to explain at every turn, as I pointed out in the post that you quoted?

Of course, you didn't actually quote the part where I pointed that out, but that would require some level of intellectual honesty.

0/2, not doing very well today are you.
Unread 30 May 2007, 20:45   #41
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Yes, I'm afraid it is.

The impenetrable technical language which I went out of my way to explain at every turn, as I pointed out in the post that you quoted?

Of course, you didn't actually quote the part where I pointed that out, but that would require some level of intellectual honesty.

0/2, not doing very well today are you.

you were the one who threw the commas around like confetti.

don't take it out on me ffs
Unread 30 May 2007, 20:51   #42
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
My first post was intended to be helpful and elaborated on what the game was about... until Kila made a bad reply and we all continued escalating it.
It wasn't a bad reply, it was me pointing out a reason for someone to stay away from EVE.

Quote:
I hear that you get to DOCK IN STATIONS in Eve!
You're either a terrible troll or completely ignorant.
Unread 30 May 2007, 20:54   #43
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
It wasn't a bad reply, it was me pointing out a reason for someone to stay away from EVE.
But it was wrong and you couldn't know anyway since you never played it?
Unread 30 May 2007, 21:55   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You're either a terrible troll or completely ignorant.
I think you've got "me" and "you" confused; I don't see how the ability to escape a PvP fight if the person attacking you ****s up* makes Eve a bad game. With its much greater distinction between combat and non-combat ships than you find in most MMOs (WoW, for example, where every class is combat orientated) a basic, free, frigate with a peashooter could take out nigh on every industrial or mining ship in the game.

*And I do mean ****s up; there's a reason why Burn Eden, one of the best PvP corps in the game, puts warp disruptors on its battleships.
Unread 30 May 2007, 22:24   #45
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
(the pedantic hunter becomes the pedantic hunted am i rite?!)
Unread 30 May 2007, 23:22   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
(the pedantic hunter becomes the pedantic hunted am i rite?!)
No?

This is a seriously retarded series of posts.
Unread 30 May 2007, 23:39   #47
Tomkat

I'll go and climb back under my bridge then - I can hear those billy goats gruff a-coming this way!

(ps yahwe i'm sorry i've added nothing useful to this thread but if you remember it was I who encouraged you to play WoW so i feel i've done my part and it's now time for you find your feet in the world of video games)
Unread 30 May 2007, 23:42   #48
Nadar
I see you!

I also do, believe your commas are, a bit misplaced in, that post, MrL

Last edited by Nadar; 31 May 2007 at 00:53.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2007, 00:00   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's for emphasis on clause distinction, faggots
Unread 31 May 2007, 00:05   #50
All Systems Go

Who cares? It's not like he walked into your house, pulled down his trousers and took a shit on your mother.

I have to admit though that I find I am unable to read it all the way through. Partly because it is a block, partly because I've no idea what it is about. Mostly though, it's because I don't really care all that much.

I hope this post has been useful.