User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Apr 2007, 05:41   #1
rop1964
F Crew

rop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nicerop1964 is just really nice
bad rep/good rep.. what s the points and why no comments when issued?

i have observed for some times now that there s a reputation rating on theses posts. but the question i wonder is what does it really serves for?
seem everyone either sink or praise you randomly , often not even bothering in giving back a constructive coments when bad reping ppls..

so if the rep rating has any meaning what is it?

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked
rop1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 08:23   #2
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice
Re: bad rep/good rep.. what s the points and why no comments when issued?

Nothing really. Don't worry about it.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 10:25   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Don't worry, sir, you're on the Internet!
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 11:38   #4
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Well the initial ratings thing was an idea to make the reader of the post see what others thought of the posters ideas in general, it has no effect on your ability to post and as such has failed miserably, some dont give a reason, sometimes your spelling and grammer will get you a neg rep and most of the time, its not signed by the person doing it.

Most of us dont even care what our reps are, or what effect an answer has on that rep, there are those of course that have a long line of red and are proud because they know they have upset people to the point of them actually making a neg rep.
Sometimes the opposite will happen and someone will give you a pos rep for your giving a post they found really funny or helpfull.

editted: used a wrong word
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL

Last edited by Mistwraith; 9 Apr 2007 at 11:54.
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 11:40   #5
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats rep?
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 17:10   #6
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Most of the time people who constantly neg rep, and usually without comment or utter nonsense comments, are doing it because they don't have the fortitude to just comment on the post in the thread where other people could contradict them and tell them they're the moron. If people actually signed there neg rep, I'd actually pay attention to them.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 17:49   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Repping gives me a feeling of power.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 18:49   #8
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

my rep altering power isn't enough to knock one of those green blobs off of him, shame.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 19:03   #9
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's so the regulars can frighten away outsiders who write in a way, and sometimes have opinions, which they don't like and agree with, respectively. Welcome to society!
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 19:14   #10
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What does rop1964 mean?
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 19:22   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
my rep altering power isn't enough to knock one of those green blobs off of him, shame.
I did
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 20:06   #12
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
Anyone who neg repped the thread poster for his first post is being a bit shit really.
I took a look. Seems like quite a few people are 'a bit shit really' and some of the reasons for that neg rep are truly pitiful.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 20:24   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop1964
i have observed for some times now that there s a reputation rating on theses posts. but the question i wonder is what does it really serves for?
seem everyone either sink or praise you randomly , often not even bothering in giving back a constructive coments when bad reping ppls..

I gave you neg rep without a comment because I explained precisely why your post was stupid in the thread.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 20:33   #14
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

i still dont understand why theres grey blobs in my reputation recieved column :/
i thought there only agree or disagree choices
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 20:44   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It lacks a precise purpose and exists in isolation as a ranking that you can choose to ignore or acknowledge to different extents.

Edit: horn, I couldn't neg-rep you for that post so I thought I'd point out here that if I could, I would. Reason, dragging things up in other threads.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 20:55   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i don't care johnny
Okay, I won't bother responding to the rest of your post then.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 20:56   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your sig made me think of the phrase luncheon meat truncheon. Shaaaaaaarinnnnnnnnnnng
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 21:01   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, i meant i don't care about the value judgement you made on my posting. I'd still like to know why you couldn't neg rep me though.
Luckily I don't care that you'd like to know.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 21:09   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i got the bastard for you jonny!!!
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 21:17   #20
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
It's so we can all get together and hate each other in threads like this every three weeks. And my first explanation.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 21:22   #21
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

It's like planetarion, the rep system is a game in itself where you're supposed to be happy when your green bars go up and unhappy when they go down and into the red :/.

XP whoring would be telling your friends and ally mates to pos rep you for no reason. This round has been going on for about 6 years now?

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 21:27   #22
Gimmick
Banned

Well those in the red, aren't all bad posters, the mods just don't like them.

Then again I am colour blind, so I can't tell if I am red, pink, green or black.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 21:32   #23
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Let's put it this way...don't be grey.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 22:08   #24
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick
Well those in the red, aren't all bad posters
This is almost entirely wrong
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 22:30   #25
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
This is almost entirely wrong

Almost???
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 22:31   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
You didn't even neg rep the right post you unfunny twat

actually i did
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 22:33   #27
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Quote:
Well those in the red, aren't all bad posters
As "a bad poster" is defined as someone who is disliked by the regulars - those who have amassed enough positive reputation to hate effectively - you're unfortunately wrong.

Take Zhukov for example. I like his posts. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that the regulars with enough negativity don't like his posts. And that they do not like his posts enough to reward him with green blobs. However Zhukov is an exception as he, sagely, doesn't seem to give a toss.

The whole "point" is two-fold: to ward off outsiders by giving a clear indication that "they are not wanted", and to reinforce who the community leaders are by giving them more power to punish those whom they do not agree with.

One could, of course, take no notice. But this is a silly argument. The reputation system has been installed so people are forced to take notice. The green blobs should be yellow-stars really. Insert sarcastic smiley here.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 22:49   #28
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's the internet equivalent of pissing on a tree to mark you territory.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:11   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Anyone who neg repped the thread poster for his first post is being a bit shit really.
You think like this because you take everything emotionally.

The thread starting post is awful.

Try reading it out-loud.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:14   #30
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
snip
I disagree entirely.

Reputation isn't about quality of the post, whether the poster is witty, intelligent or funny it is merely an epenis competition.

Those with the biggest epenises in most cases have been here the longest, post the most and thus have the largest reputation.

Perhaps it should be like that.

However I don't count myself as a particularly bad poster, yet I have the most neg rep on the forums.

You view me as a bad poster because you see red, not because you see the black and white words that I post.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:16   #31
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Well his grammar is less than perfect. I often punch people who mispronounce words do-you-know.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:16   #32
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I disagree entirely.

Reputation isn't about quality of the post, whether the poster is witty, intelligent or funny it is merely an epenis competition.

Those with the biggest epenises in most cases have been here the longest, post the most and thus have the largest reputation.

Perhaps it should be like that.

However I don't count myself as a particularly bad poster, yet I have the most neg rep on the forums.

You view me as a bad poster because you see red, not because you see the black and white words that I post.
quite right.

It's just a damn popularity contest ... which is strange when you think about it ... because i seem to do ok ... yet i'm decidedly unpopular.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:19   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Make a post like this again and I'll probably ban this account pig.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:22   #34
Gimmick
Banned

But I think you are popular in the sense that people don't want to admit it.

I probably haven't made myself clear in that so I will try to provide an analogy (I am sure you realise what I mean, but the masses need a hand sometimes.)

It is like the kid at school.

He is good looking, educated, hard working, good at sports, attracts women and no matter how much mud you throw at him he is always clean.

People pretend as though they don't like him.

He wears glasses he must be a nerd, he got an A he must have cheated, he went to a top University, we didn't want to go there, he pulls the hottest girl in school, we have seen better.

People look for exscuses to not like him.

Yet they secretly do like him.

In a group they are more than willing to mock him, pretend as though they are better than him. But when confronted by him they can't help but admire him.

We live in a bizarre world.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:23   #35
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Well his grammar is less than perfect. I often punch people who mispronounce words do-you-know.
Well ...

Not only is the post appalling English, it is frankly quite dificult to understand. All we can glean from it is that the poster is somehow disatisfied yet overall the post is confused.

Let us imagine two distinct scenarios where this post is repeated in person:
1) The Dinner Party - rop1964 words are met with polite confusion, no doubt the host swiftly changes subject, he is never invited again.
2) The Pub - his words are met with a pause, then someone shouts at him "what the **** are you on about mate? you sound like a total spastic!" (to a chorus of derisive laughter).

It seems to me that acting in the way that rop1964 has acted would necessarily incur a reaction in any other form of life. Why must we wail on as though he has suffered some outrageous tresspass upon his personal rights and individual dignity?
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:23   #36
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Quote:
I disagree entirely.

I didn't say it was. Nor was anything I said contradictory to what you believe.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:24   #37
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Make a post like this again and I'll probably ban this account pig.
Forgive me, but what was wrong with that post, so I can prevent myself from posting like that again.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:24   #38
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
I didn't say it was. Nor was anything I said contradictory to what you believe.
In that case, apologies.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:26   #39
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
But I think you are popular in the sense that people don't want to admit it.

I probably haven't made myself clear in that so I will try to provide an analogy (I am sure you realise what I mean, but the masses need a hand sometimes.)

It is like the kid at school.

He is good looking, educated, hard working, good at sports, attracts women and no matter how much mud you throw at him he is always clean.

People pretend as though they don't like him.

He wears glasses he must be a nerd, he got an A he must have cheated, he went to a top University, we didn't want to go there, he pulls the hottest girl in school, we have seen better.

People look for exscuses to not like him.

Yet they secretly do like him.

In a group they are more than willing to mock him, pretend as though they are better than him. But when confronted by him they can't help but admire him.

We live in a bizarre world.
i openly admit to liking yahwe, as do some other posters, others, and i can see why (let's be honest, the whole pompous arse thing is a bit hard to get over) don't. It's not because he's somehow a better person than them.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:29   #40
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Well ...

Not only is the post appalling English, it is frankly quite dificult to understand. All we can glean from it is that the poster is somehow disatisfied yet overall the post is confused.

Let us imagine two distinct scenarios where this post is repeated in person:
1) The Dinner Party - rop1964 words are met with polite confusion, no doubt the host swiftly changes subject, he is never invited again.
2) The Pub - his words are met with a pause, then someone shouts at him "what the **** are you on about mate? you sound like a total spastic!" (to a chorus of derisive laughter).

It seems to me that acting in the way that rop1964 has acted would necessarily incur a reaction in any other form of life. Why must we wail on as though he has suffered some outrageous tresspass upon his personal rights and individual dignity?
If this happened in real-life I would ignore him and talk to someone else. I wouldn't spend needless minutes berating him. If I did I'd probably get in the habit of telling people how they should and should not act. I'd construct my own little universe bereft of anyone who may act differently to the way I act. I'd create a shitty forum, yahwe.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:32   #41
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

to actually answer your question:

rep serves no purpose, as its anonymous and you don't have to leave a message often you don't know what you have done wrong and therefore it's hard to imporve yourslef and your posts

it serves no purpose

yes, i agree that constructive comments would help on neg rep, but the sad losers who neg rep anonymously simply don't have the backbone to sign their rep, curiously, although you will find that some of the more controversial posters always sign (in my experience) as they realise that rep is something that should be used to improve the forum as a whole, rather than a tool of idiocy

and finally: ans the admins of the forum arent allowed to implement their plan to make all rep signed, rep serves no purpose.

hope that helps
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:35   #42
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
If this happened in real-life I would ignore him and talk to someone else. I wouldn't spend needless minutes berating him. If I did I'd probably get in the habit of telling people how they should and should not act. I'd construct my own little universe bereft of anyone who may act differently to the way I act. I'd create a shitty forum, yahwe.
surely a forum where everyone ignores eachother and doesn't care enough to post is a worse forum?
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:46   #43
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

I said I would ignore him (if I disliked what he said), not everyone would ignore him. People would care to post because they wouldn't be overtly discouraged not to.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:49   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
yes, i agree that constructive comments would help on neg rep, but the sad losers who neg rep anonymously simply don't have the backbone to sign their rep
I always neg rep anonymously, because if I have something to say about a post I do it where everyone can see it.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:51   #45
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I said I would ignore him (if I disliked what he said), not everyone would ignore him. People would care to post because they wouldn't be overtly discouraged not to.
for which you might rightly be accused of being lazy and shirking in your duty.

I have experienced this line of argument before: if people are left alone they will somehow of their own devices become better posters and contributing members.

I do not agree with it. The fact is quality requires effort, not some vacuous acceptance and "a gold star for everyone" mentality.
Unread 9 Apr 2007, 23:56   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Forgive me, but what was wrong with that post, so I can prevent myself from posting like that again.
The fact that account is deep in the red is nothing to do with the quality of the posting.
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 00:03   #47
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Your definition of good poster, your definition. People often imitate each other without the need to force them to do so. They often realise someone has an attribute they would like, so they aim acquire that. If they choose not to, supposedly your definition of a bad poster, then I do not believe they should be forced to leave through relentless negativity realised through the reputation system.

But they have. The community has been split. All posters who do not fit into this perfect-poster model , created by those with enough reputation and negativity, leave (Phalon, the most recent example), and all those who object to the relentless "improvement" of others also leave and lend their wares elsewhere (1-X).
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 00:06   #48
Gimmick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The fact that account is deep in the red is nothing to do with the quality of the posting.
It appears that yet again I wasn't clear. Apologies, but I thought I made a subtle hint to it with this

Quote:
Well those in the red, aren't all bad posters, the mods just don't like them.
However I understand that this particular post, was probably misleading

Quote:
My post was less about how I got the neg rep and more about the effect the neg rep has on the way people view my words.

Once again sorry.
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 00:08   #49
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Your definition of good poster, your definition. People often imitate each other without the need to force them to do so. They often realise someone has an attribute they would like, so they aim acquire that. If they choose not to, supposedly your definition of a bad poster, then I do not believe they should be forced to leave through relentless negativity realised through the reputation system.

But they have. The community has been split. All posters who do not fit into this perfect poster model of the regulars leave (Phalon, the most recent example), and all those who object to the relentless "improvement" of others also leave and lend their wares elsewhere (1-X).
people have always left.

The standards we have here have always been the same. GD asks only that a poster be rational. It has never demmanded that posters be polite, or have similar viewpoints, or all talk about sex, or try desperately hard to be funny ...

There are now and have ever been posters who endure a great deal of negativity without leaving. It seems childish to start worrying about negativity now.

The community has never been split precisely because it has never been joined.

The simplest truth is that people always return: don't they dear weeks. And they return because what we have and what we are can not be replicated anywhere else.
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 00:09   #50
Dace
so f*cking zen

All Gimmick accounts are shit and those who create them are as complete twats. If there's an exception to this rule i'd like for it to be pointed out to me!!!