User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Feb 2007, 22:28   #1
Hardworker

Hardworker has a spectacular aura aboutHardworker has a spectacular aura about
Top Gear

Did any of you guys watch Top Gear last week? it was brilliant, the funniest thing i have seen on TV for ages!
The in car shower was great! the cow on the roof and the "MAN LOVE IS OK!" slogon lol
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 22:41   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Top Gear

I saw some of it (online) but not yet all of it
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 23:16   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

my housemate downloaded some episodes. i've seen those and enjoyed it. but i don't watch it every week on TV or whatever.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 23:32   #4
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

bloody americans.
jeremy is right about (some of) them and vegetables
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 00:02   #5
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

It was pretty hilarious, I thought. I'm not sure why Jeremy Clarkson is quite so obsessed with national stereotypes, but he doe seem to have a point when it comes to those crazy hicks.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 00:33   #6
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

I'm so old I can remember when Top Gear was actually a show about cars and not the wacky adventures of Jeremy Clarkson and friends (featuring cars)
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 01:19   #7
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Yeah, so can I. It's better now.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:21   #8
Hardworker

its gotten better over the years!
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:28   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hasnt been cancelled so i cant rest in peace

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:51   #10
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

So what cars do we drive then?

Current car - Honda Civic Type R 04.

Next Car - Honda Civic Type R GT March 07.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:53   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i drive a 4 wheeled faggotmobile with extra loud exhaust and small penis enhancers built in

VROOOM

VROOOM

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:55   #12
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Is it Green?
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 03:31   #13
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Am I the only one left wondering if at least some of it was scripted, made up or staged? "The boys" at the gas stop didn't even get out of the back of the truck. just all seemed a little too much at times. Love the show though.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 04:47   #14
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Am I the only one left wondering if at least some of it was scripted, made up or staged? "The boys" at the gas stop didn't even get out of the back of the truck. just all seemed a little too much at times. Love the show though.
In my happyhappy little own world, it was real. Because that made it better.

But besides that - you're not the only one. The part about the lawyer coming for money about Clarkson's car though, that really has me wondering.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 04:59   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
i drive a 4 wheeled faggotmobile with extra loud exhaust and small penis enhancers built in

VROOOM

VROOOM

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Since when did JJ start using Deffeh's account
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 05:34   #16
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To whom it may concern,

Massive amounts of it are probably scripted. It's not a documentary; it's entertainment, get over it.

Yours Faithfully,

The guy who isn't retarded.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 23:26   #17
Hardworker

i drive a mazda 6
next car gunna be an enzo! honest!!
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 17:34   #18
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm pretty sure that they admitted that the "accidentally setting the caravan on fire" bit last series was scripted.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 17:42   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I still find it quite cool, even though they don't make a huge secret about some of it being scripted (stig getting pulled over by the 'police' in that race to make that car in sheffield or leeds or whatever whilst stig drove there from the studio)
Some of it you do wonder about. It'd be sad if it was all totally completely scripted
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 18:06   #20
Appocomaster
PA Team

what?!?!? no it can't be totally totally scripted. like, what they came up with to spray on the cars when they drove across alabama, maybe they came up with that themselves? and maybe the people were actually trying to kill them (or at least mildly wound them).
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 18:14   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A lot of it is scripted, but often informally. This means that you'll come up with an idea for a punchline, or with a general theme for the segment, but then just go with the flow.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 18:36   #22
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Who cares if it's scripted?

This is like that silly argument that funny stories become non-funny when you find out they're made up

I heard that episode of Top Gear was hilarious. I'm gutted I missed it (and the repeat ).
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 18:37   #23
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
it's all scripted. all of it. end of.
you broke my dreams. dream killer. hope smasher.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 19:50   #24
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

...or when you find out horn isn't the sad depressing boy you've come to know and adore, but is actually a LOVE MACHINE AND CASANOVA REINCARNATED.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 20:02   #25
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

JC has been quoted as saying that Top Gear is scripted in parts but there is alot of adlib.

What makes the show is its part spontiniety, especially on the stunts that they pull.
You cant script one liners like they do on the things that go wrong.

Yes what they wrote on the cars was probably planned ahead by each one of them, however they were concerned enough to paint it on with paint that was water soluble just in case so they could wash it off, which .. if you see the look on their faces as they were washing it off, they are not actors, they were scared.
Especially on the highway before they got to the gas station.

I'm a old top gear fan, i find it hilarious and actually they manage to be informative, the european safety test lists episode was seriously disturbing.

Star in a reasonably priced car .. ownz..
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 03:09   #26
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

The old Top Gear music is on in the middle of the latest simpsons ep (S18E12). Oh how it brings back memories...
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote