User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:09   #1
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
With Marv gone

Now that Marv is gone, I understand there is a vacant spot in the PA Team.

I hereby apply for the open position, and I can deliver a grand resumé if requested. (Contains previous career as PA admin, HC, t15 planets and the inbetween state of the funny).

My awesome looks should also help me secure the job.

I can be found on irc as "Idler". PM me!
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:44   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: With Marv gone

I would pledge approximately 98.26% of my full support to Idler's application.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:47   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Only 98.23% support here, but go Idler anyway!
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 13:55   #4
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Another support post!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:02   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:12   #6
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
where do you see PA in the next 10-15 years?
what direction would you like to take PA in?
have you got any pictures?

in 10-15 years I see PA as religion.

I would like to take PA into the general direction of peace. Where all bad opinions are obliberated and everyone has something smart to say. But this being a campaign, who knows what my real agenda is. hmmm

Yes I do!: http://ng-gallery.net/view.php?nick=Idlerlee

- Much love
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:14   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
If that vomit kills you, it gets my nomination instead of idler.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:28   #8
I am Idler
This is bat country

Now now lets not get into any arguments. Kargool, act like you are a zip over 13 please .

Ok now, moving on. and soforth
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:32   #9
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

I support Idler wholeheartedly.

If he spends as much time on improving the game as he has done helping ascendancy, he will have done a hell of a lot more than has been done for the game lately.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:50   #10
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
in 10-15 years I see PA as religion.
Pledge of support.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:50   #11
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Promotions to PA Team 99.999% of the time are done internally.

Progression through the team is done through Support, Multihunting & developement / coding teams. I highly doubt someone will be appointed to replace me who hasn't been through at least one of those teams for a time.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:53   #12
I am Idler
This is bat country

I have actually been a ingame PA admin. Multihunting and abuse for close to a year, Ive admined the PA forums when they were at its peak and Ive helped develop the game in my own way for close to 7 years.

It would be a shame to not include me.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:54   #13
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Promotions to PA Team 99.999% of the time are done internally.

Progression through the team is done through Support, Multihunting & developement / coding teams. I highly doubt someone will be appointed to replace me who hasn't been through at least one of those teams for a time.
Right, we forgot the nepotism that PA Team is based upon, instead of experience and competence ;-)
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:57   #14
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have actually been a ingame PA admin. Multihunting and abuse for close to a year, Ive admined the PA forums when they were at its peak and Ive helped develop the game in my own way for close to 7 years.

It would be a shame to not include me.
I suggest if your serious, you go see Assassin, retrain as a MH (if he'll let you) sign the NDA and see what happens.

With response to Heartless, the reason for this way of doing this is also to allow PA Team to properly get to know you first.

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:59   #15
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
With response to Heartless, the reason for this way of doing this is also to allow PA Team to properly get to know you first.
To properly get to know someone on the intarweb? You just made my day
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:02   #16
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
To properly get to know someone on the intarweb? You just made my day
With respect to the game...

Idiot.

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:08   #17
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

You must spread some Reputation around before Fleetcatching Heartless again.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:10   #18
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

historically, anyone who directly asks to be pateam gets veto'd from within.
The best way to become pateam is actually to work up through the ranks, proving yourself.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:20   #19
I am Idler
This is bat country

Well the reason I am actually posting this here is that the entire community would benefit from someone who is a) capable b) From the actualy community c) Has done these things before and know what its all about.

As Ive said before, this really shouldnt be a popularity contest amongst the friens of the PA Team, but rather a golden chance to retreive some educated help.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:27   #20
Marv
Jazz Man

Then do as I told you, ask Assassin to re join MH then. I can tell you that you won't just walk into PATeam to running a dept from this post, or the fats you "used" to be a MH. The game has changed, MH has changed. It's all diffrent.

Your better bet is to join the support team and see if you get on with those you work with. A team that doesn't get on internally doesn't work at all.

Unread 9 Jan 2007, 19:34   #21
I am Idler
This is bat country

Well, I have PM'd Assassin, but he hasnt actually replied to my pm yet.
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 00:16   #22
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well the reason I am actually posting this here is that the entire community would benefit from someone who is a) capable b) From the actualy community c) Has done these things before and know what its all about.
Voted. Lets have a forums poll, and if Idler wins over 50% of the votes, he automatically owns PA?

EDIT: I don't want to disrespect PATeam, but I have to. It would be nice to have someone on the team that is actually clever. I mean common-sensicalised (werd?) too.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 00:23   #23
paragon
retired hc (BIG)

paragon is an unknown quantity at this point

well actually it would be good with idler as a spy in adm instead of him as gal spy ---might work out a whole lot better----------full support from me
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 00:23   #24
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Voted. Lets have a forums poll, and if Idler wins over 50% of the votes, he automatically owns PA?
If spinner had sold to him, he would have anyway
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 00:28   #25
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking about then

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 02:27   #26
Heartless

Quote:
do you just lie and make small talk all day or something?
Well, the internet is most allergic to truth, reason and humour. It is also text for people who cannot read. And to complete Von's fairly accurate set of laws for the net: The World Wide Web is the fastest way to get from [where you wouldn't want to be] to [where you wouldn't want to go].

We can always meet and have a few beers and get to know each other there, but yes, I do quite frankly not believe in "socialising over cables".
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 02:55   #27
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We can always meet at a kindergarten and have a few children and get to know each other there, but yes, I do quite frankly not believe in "socialising over cables".
I fixed your post for you
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 07:54   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well, the internet is most allergic to truth, reason and humour. It is also text for people who cannot read. And to complete Von's fairly accurate set of laws for the net: The World Wide Web is the fastest way to get from [where you wouldn't want to be] to [where you wouldn't want to go].

We can always meet and have a few beers and get to know each other there, but yes, I do quite frankly not believe in "socialising over cables".
Yeah but vapid generalisation #592.
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 07:56   #29
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
i think i just felt a disturbance in the force
It's a glitch in the Matrix.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 08:46   #30
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

The pa team couldn't be any worse now that fiery is some sort of hunter admin dumbo. Let idler in, he may take the focus away from some of the stupid mishaps that have plagued the team.
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 13:31   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I support the aforementioned campaign, product or location.
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 19:46   #32
Heartless

Quote:
don't then, try to aliven yourself to the fact that others do though. if you chose to lie about yourself and refuse to engage in any kind of high brow debate then that's your choice, not everyone elses.
I do perfectly understand it if others want to believe in such things, after all everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. However, from my point of view socialising should not be a requirement for being able to contribute to Planetarion (or any project). Instead the focus should lay on a good contract and competence.
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 07:41   #33
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I do perfectly understand it if others want to believe in such things, after all everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. However, from my point of view socialising should not be a requirement for being able to contribute to Planetarion (or any project). Instead the focus should lay on a good contract and competence.
Eventho this game is about numbers and calculations, I believe that most people play it because you can socialise with others.

And on topic, I support Idler's application.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 08:49   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

He's cute.

But I don't know him, so it's only 92.14% support here, sorry.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 11:10   #35
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If Marv can do it anyone can. Even Idler!

Also go bring Messiah and Fudge back.
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 13:53   #36
Walldo
Stealth & Shadows

Walldo is on a distinguished road

Go go Idler for PA team.

96,45743534 % here

Playing since RND1 and counting

Proud to have been

Newdawn

Wolfpack - WPO - OoO - Kralizec Stealth & Shadows - []LCH[] - [1up] - VisioN - TFD
Ultores - Conspiracy Theory - Concordium - WaC - Blue Tuba - Fury - Thieves & Pirates - OUZO -Vengeance - Elysium - Mistu - LOST - 4S - GoCi - FAnG - Novus Ordo Seclorum - Xanadu - BULL - VGN -xVx
Walldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 14:32   #37
I am Idler
This is bat country

Still no PM from the PA Team.. If there is no interest in this application, please do tell me here in this thread.

(Or PM me on IRC for a chat, I go either as Idler, Idlerlee, or Idler|work )

This isnt a joke application btw
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 14:34   #38
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk
Eventho this game is about numbers and calculations, I believe that most people play it because you can socialise with others.

And on topic, I support Idler's application.
Yes players play it because they can - from their point of view - socialise. That is perfectly ok. What I was critisizing is the way the administration is chosen. You do not start working for a company because you managed to socialize with the other people working there, you start working there because the company needs someone with your competence and both parties agree to a work contract. After you were hired you do of course start to socialise, but not before.
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 15:34   #39
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
that's going off the point but whatever. yeah i'd agree with this but the real reason i presume why idler won't be getting in is because he seems like the kind of player who would happily blow the whistle on how shit our top brass are.

You so obviously dont know me. Im a harsh person at times, but Im a man of my words more than anything.
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 16:35   #40
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
BUT I DUNNO, MAYBE YOU'RE JUST THE NEXT CONFORMIST BUREAUCRAT OFF THE PRODUCTION LINE MAN I MEAN YOU TELL ME I'M JUST SPECULATING HERE OK!

thats the type of people i prefer in power. everyone else will screw it up.
reforms of the system are more likely then none will **** it all up.

bureaucracy prevents creativity... creativity is what we try to avoid while picking up our administration. Coz tbfh, its better with no creativity then poor creativity.

So... someone who goes by the system is who i want to be the big boss... you would know what to expect.

what if, in order to get the game up and running again, they will decide to make charge per round higher, and on a monthly basis... just to get some cashflow to allow them to hire an actual professional !?! that would make people whine, bitch, and, eventually, quit and destroy the game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess my point is when u need to make something better coz YOU want it to be better, you have to rely on yourself before that other guy. Idler, dude, u have my deepest sympathies ! U can even set me up in your CV as a reference
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 16:35   #41
Heartless

Quote:
out of interest what term would you use to describe social interactions over the internet?
Communicating.
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 17:32   #42
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Out of curiosity, Idler, could you actually say something about the plans you have for Planetarion? How would you go about reviving interest in the game, stabilizing and possibly increasing the userbase, and what direction would you be taking the game in if you were in charge?
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 17:58   #43
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

wow... how does one miss ALL the sarcasm...

the only real thought i put into my post is the last paragraph... and the point of it was that if u want shit changed but dont wanna do anything about it yourself, you have no place in the discussion when others do. Know your place.

edit: and Leshy: u got your elaboration in PM.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you

Last edited by Mighteh; 11 Jan 2007 at 18:16.
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 18:28   #44
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Out of curiosity, Idler, could you actually say something about the plans you have for Planetarion? How would you go about reviving interest in the game, stabilizing and possibly increasing the userbase, and what direction would you be taking the game in if you were in charge?
Im eager to let you all know, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. Going home from work now
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 18:46   #45
Marv
Jazz Man

Quote:
Im eager to let you all know, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. Going home from work now
Well you'd semi fit in I supose...

Unread 12 Jan 2007, 08:41   #46
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Well you'd semi fit in I supose...
Well its not like I have been "hired" or anything, so Im pretty much free to prioritize my own personal life atm. Anywho, Im at work now
Unread 12 Jan 2007, 09:30   #47
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I'l try to post somethign constructive.

With idler's historic experience he would probabaly be an asset to PATeam in some way. However he almost certainly knows very little about the shupport team, how it works etc. He probabaly also has very little idea of the tasks the Head of Support actually does, and I'm confident that if he did he wouldn't actually want the job.

If Idler were in PATeam he would probabaly be best in some kind of development role, but again to reitierate some previous posts it would be useful if he were serious about this to join the support and possibly MH teams first. This way PATeam can assess his knowledge and understanding of the current game and then combined with our knowledge of his usefulness in the past we could make an informed decision. Many people in the current team have moved up the ranks quickly, so I'm confident that if idler was serious about wanting to contribute and he demonstrated his usefulness and trustworthyness that he could become a real asset to the team over time.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2007, 14:19   #48
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

regardless of whether idler is applying for the support function or as developer...
I don't really understand where it matters that Idler (or anyone else for that matter) needs to have any knowledge of how the support team or MH team works in order to contribute to the game development. Both of those jobs hardly prove that the person in question has a deep knowledge and understanding of the game, because catching cheaters or helping ppl with question is something entirely different than playing the game on a high level. Some great players and leaders may actually be quite bad as MH or support, while being great at coming up with new strategies that might be a good step forward for PA. Likewise, ppl who are very good at explaining what exists (support) or figuring out who is cheating (MH), may be very bad at developing inovative new (core) features.

If you think you can judge someones usefullness by assigning that person a job that has absolutely nothing to do with what he is being tested for, you are doing something wrong. In a normal business, for example a internet provider, you wouldn't accept system administrator to work in your helpdesk department for a month to see if he knows how to answer all the nub questions before deciding if he is capable enough to be in charge of the hardware.
Unread 12 Jan 2007, 14:21   #49
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
He probabaly also has very little idea of the tasks the Head of Support actually does, and I'm confident that if he did he wouldn't actually want the job.
He's condescending, would brush off the slightest comment with glib remarks turning quickly to illiterate hostility and could, I'm sure, be convinced to write like a six year old if needs be. How is he not perfect?
Unread 12 Jan 2007, 15:25   #50
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

To me the Head of Support Team role is one of the hardest and also most boring jobs their is.

It involves the following:
1) Managing the support team, making sure they know how to answer questions, know the answers to questions. This also covers recruiting new people to the support team, removing people from the support team.
2) Updating the manual with all the changes in the game from round to round
3) Investigating new ways to offer support etc.

There are loads more things but thoose are the main ones. Given the size of the support team #1 actually takes up most of the Head of Support's time, meaning that items 2,3 and any other duties are often delegated down.

While of course any member of PATeam does have SOME input into development we all have our own jobs that do take up most of our time. Hence I believe that someone along the lines of Idler would be much better suited for a full time development role than Head of Support.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote