User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Jan 2007, 09:40   #1
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Going to Liverpool Saturday...

While trying to get the tickets for Liverpool v Arsenal from my friend who (after an 8 year wait) has an Arsenal season ticket I hit a spot of trouble. Unfortunately he could only get me one in the Arsenal end, and my girlfriend is sadly a Liverpool supporter, so I decided I'd give the Liverpool box-office a call and sit in the Scouse end. He suggested that if I had a few beers, called up, talked angrily and acted like the world owed me a favour they'd probably believe I was a Liverpool supporter and give me a ticket. I laughed. :-)

I gotta admit I had good fun on Dec 26th confusing the scouser on the phoneline box office into thinking I was a member of the Liverpool supporters' club depsite being an Arsenal supporter with a strong London accent (go me). But I decided against taking my friend's advice ;-P

So on Saturday I'm headed to Liverpool to see Arsenal play away at Anfield.
but it's just dawned on me today...

Damn it... I need to go to Liverpool now :-/

Like my friend, as a Southerner I've been brought up with the ringing of 'Dirty Northerners' in my ears (despite now living just outside Blackpool which is, in fairness, probably further North than Manchester), and I know that many northerners dislike the 'southern faeries'.... still, I wonder why I'm like this (as a southerner)?

In my youth I'd been instilled with the beliefs that scousers have a justifiable bad name because of their reputation of stealing, the often incomprihensible accents, high crime rates reported by the news and those damn 118-118 adverts with those chav idiots in trackies with their ridiculous affros....

It's been drilled into me not to trust those 'thieving scousers' but come to think of it, outside of Merseyside, you'll notice you never see scousers working in banks... I guess some people are weary of leaving their money with them (because of the stealing part again).

And to be fair, whenever you talk to a phone operator you realise that it's never a scouser, but more likely Indian. I'm not sure but is that because we can understand the Indian accent better than the Scouse accent? The way we talk differently probably adds fuel to the North-South divide. A good example being a Scouse friend of mine who has a book of 'scouser phrases' and apparently "i'll mug ya!" means "i'll help you"

Anyway, when I ordered my tickets (I can't believe I'm about to admit this) but I actually wondered if it was legitimate, and anxiously awaited the tickets as they took their time getting to me in the mail.

So, Saturday I'm in Liverpool and my Arsenal shirt will have to stay at home. I'll take a train down from Blackpool, have a few drinks in a Liverpool filled bar and try to act as if the world owes me a favour. I'll try not to laugh if I see some 'chavtastic' youths and I'll try my damned hardest not to cheer when Arsenal score (well, fingers crossed eh?) and most importantly...... I'll keep a close eye on my wallet at all times.... ;-)

I guess I'm not ready to change. But hey, I wondered if I'm the only one who's, for one reason or another, currently subscribing to the North-South divide?

Thoughts?

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]

Last edited by -Blue Moon-; 5 Jan 2007 at 09:52.
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 10:02   #2
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Re: Going to Liverpool Saturday...

I spent many fun filled childhood years as a damned southerner travelling up to the north to visit family.
My dad used to say as we got on the Motorway .. dont forget to look for the sign saying "here be dragons".

But i loved it up there, the people were friendlier, things were cheaper, the sweets were different, there was a less rushed atmosphere about the place.

and ohhh .. oatcakes and black pudding... yummm !!

My aunt and uncle lived in stoke, the scenery facinated me .. all those steep hills, with houses on them.
I have a good few happy memories of Liverpool and Birmingham, so basically this damned southerner is a convert. If i thought for an instant i could get a job further up the country .. i'd be there now.
The south only has one advantage, the transport infrastructure, i've been spoiled, i live on the liverpool street mainline, more cab firms than i could list and fairly on time and regular bus service.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 10:05   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If they ask you what the time is, shut the **** up.

Liverpool is generally ok these days, went there last season and it was banter and humbling. Thankfully its not the 1980s anymore so there shouldn't be a problem tbh. Just dont act like you are gods gift to life. Be friendly and they will be friendly back. If you were going to Everton and acted like the world owed you a favour, I'd place a lot of money on you being stabbed.

When cocknies come to Birmingham, the worst thing they can do is act as though London is great and Birmingham is shit. A friend of mine who is a cockney actually got mugged.

He couldnt understand why, the reason was quite simply he was southern. The conversation went much like this.

"Got the time mate?"

"Ye, 2am san"

"Where yow from"

"Saf London"

Then he got robbed.

If he just kept his mouth shut I doubt he would of been robbed, he should of just walked on.

Mouthy cocknies are the last thing anyone likes, and thats all they generally are is mouthy, but when you are on someones territory have respect.

Enjoy!
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 10:19   #4
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

haha nice advice guys, thank you.... To be honest I really enjoy living in Blackpool and thankfully people don't draw much attention to my accent (although i have been called posh on more than one occasion).

I'd agree with Mist that the North's scenary in general is a great selling point - and i too have been pained by the lack of transport up here. I have to wake up at 5:30am every morning and take 2 busses (or a bus and a train) just to get into work (which is 10 miles away) on time at 8:30am :-(

I'll definately try not to speak while I'm up there, especially after that story pig O_o Maybe my girlfriend can order the drinks for me... in fact that's a good excuse for me to get her to go to the bar and buy the drinks lol... I'm pretty relaxed and laid back, so hopefully it'll all be fine. Oh, and if I do see some chav-tastic people I'll be sure to take some pics ;-D

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 10:29   #5
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
I'll definately try not to speak while I'm up there, especially after that story pig O_o Maybe my girlfriend can order the drinks for me... in fact that's a good excuse for me to get her to go to the bar and buy the drinks lol... I'm pretty relaxed and laid back, so hopefully it'll all be fine. Oh, and if I do see some chav-tastic people I'll be sure to take some pics ;-D
You wont get much of a problem, but if you are looking for trouble etc. Anyway you're going to Liverpool, probably a fair few southerners who are home fans
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 11:24   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

When cocknies come to Birmingham, the worst thing they can do is act as though London is great and Birmingham is shit.

Mouthy cocknies are the last thing anyone likes, and thats all they generally are is mouthy, but when you are on someones territory have respect.

Enjoy!
Im a 'mouthy' cockney and birmingham is a shit hole. So go on, rob me you big midlands pansy.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 11:37   #7
pig
1up on you

Come on up, it will be my pleasure.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 11:45   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
would of [...] should of
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 11:55   #9
pig
1up on you

:crymeariver:
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:03   #10
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Come on up, it will be my pleasure.

bring it on.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:08   #11
pig
1up on you

Well as I said, you are more than welcome to come to Birmingham, just let me know where and when.

Internet banter is so much fun!
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:14   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

About 50% of threads on PB turn into "The North vs the South" stupid debates, so I'm going to pull a Yahwe here and say "PB thread".
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:24   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hey in Pompey we hate people on merit. There are wankers from north, south and the midlands.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:30   #14
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
hey in Pompey we hate people on merit. There are wankers from north, south and the midlands.

so you want some, sailor boy??
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:32   #15
pig
1up on you

Crashtester being mr tough guy today then?
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:40   #16
CrashTester
I am an idiot

/me punches Pig in the man boobs! POW!
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:41   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've always found the north to be nice enough when I visited (a little quiet perhaps) but it's not my home and that's about all that can be said without drifting into irrationalism. I have a fondness of South East London but I'm well aware it's mainly a shithole.

As for getting mugged, that can happen anywhere. The local authority I live in has more rapes per capita than Liverpool, more muggings, more murders and nearly identical rates of burgulary and violence against the person. So what? Yes, if you walk around looking like a tourist you're probably more likely to be mugged, but I'm not sure that's related to your accent. By the time someone is "asking you the time" they're probably at least 75% of the way into making a decision about mugging you.

By and large these incidents seem fairly rare regardless where you are (unless you've got one of those faces). I was fairly apprehensive when walking around parts of Johannesburg or Cape Town, but even there it seemed fairly safe and people friendly even when you stick out like a sore thumb (as I obviously did).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 13:08   #18
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
wait... pig, do you have a birmingham accent?
Well it depends, 3 years living in the south dented it. I have been told by friends from University that when I visited them it really came back. No one ever questions me in brum, so im assuming I sound like most.

When you say Birmingham, you are probably referring to the black country. Seeing as I live in North East Birmingham we dont have as many yams yams as the black country. Although an accent is clear it isn't harsh.

So in conclusion yes I have an accent, but I believe it depends on the social setting. For example if im amongst friends at home, I probably have one. If I am around southerners it goes softer, if im drunk it's like im straight out of Dudley.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 13:23   #19
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

i have to pass through birmingham on the way to leicester U on Monday/Tuesday. I'll listen to the locals and figure out what pig sounds like :-P

Oh, and this thread went way off topic (aided by a forum fight) ... except by dante there... to which i'll say - I think the North can be pretty also. Except the streets of Blackpool at 2am - the number of stag and hen nights around scares me :-( ... and re:mugging ... At 6'4 with a solid frame not many people are gunna mug me anyway so I'll be ok... unless they have a knife or a gun or some sort of weapon. OH NOES! my weakness is no longer a secret *cries*

Unread 5 Jan 2007, 19:45   #20
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
And they usually congregate in Portsmouth on matchdays
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 20:04   #21
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
/me punches Pig in the man boobs! POW!
*Pig's manboobs engulf Crashtester's arm*
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 20:42   #22
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
About 50% of threads on PB turn into "The North vs the South" stupid debates, so I'm going to pull a Yahwe here and say "PB thread".
Eh?

I think i've seen more on here than there.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 20:45   #23
pig
1up on you

PB isn't as stupid as people seem to make it out to be. Quality forums, much like GD but with stuff
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 22:23   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Liverpool is not in the north.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 22:25   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah well, yer ma.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 22:29   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Yeah well, yer ma.
Your mother is so fat she blocked off the end of this sente
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 22:31   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
And they usually congregate in Portsmouth on matchdays
unless we play Milwall cos their away fans are banned.
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 22:34   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Your mother is so fat she blocked off the end of this sente
LOO! GAHHH-ZIRRAAA!
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 22:49   #29
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue Moon-
(despite now living just outside Blackpool which is, in fairness, probably further North than Manchester),
What do you mean "in fairness, probably further north than manchester"?
It IS further north than manchester...

And Manchester is very different to Liverpool.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 11:57   #30
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

If your going to be sitting in Liverpools section you should know these:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3080/truthdayiu1.jpg
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5836/1rtkce0.jpg
http://www.reclaimthekop.co.uk

and most importantly proper Kop songs
http://www.reclaimthekop.co.uk/cgi-b...=content_songs

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 12:02   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That reminds me, if nothing else the citizens of Liverpool deserve a reasonable amount of credit for the post-Hillsborough boycott of the Sun.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 12:17   #32
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

since the BBC have just employed Mackenzie I wonder if they will try keep the cameras off the kop for the first 6 minutes...

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 6 Jan 2007, 12:26   #33
Stifler

http://www.reclaimthekop.co.uk/cgi-b...ign_news&nid=7

This is what will happen in the first 6mins of the game

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 6 Jan 2007, 18:06   #34
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
wait... pig, do you have a birmingham accent?
Nah, he doesn't.
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 19:13   #35
Ste
Bored

Well - it's not going to well for Liverpool at the moment!

Unread 6 Jan 2007, 19:28   #36
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

too*
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 19:30   #37
pig
1up on you

The 6 minutes of noise was humbling
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 14:19   #38
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

without sounding rude or disrespectful the whole thing was too much in my opinion. im not saying that they dont deserve the respect that they've been offered, and of course im not saying that that twat from the sun was justified in anything he wrote -- but a minute silence might have been better in my opinion... it just lasted way too long.

It went on for at least 10mins before kickoff with the crowd chanting 'justice for the 96' over and over again, and continued in the exact same fashion for the first 6minutes into the game. Disappointingly some Arsenal fans decided to chant over the kop end's chants near the end of the 6 minutes -- seriously, show some respect... I gotta say, it was moving seeing the memorial, and I'm glad I was there as it was a nice testiment.... however.... it was a bit much.

Anyway, loved the game, had to control myself everytime Arsenal scored - but I was crapping myself at 2-1 cos Liverpool were all over us. Went into the city after and before the game - it's actually a very nice town. I'd definately go shopping there again.

And to top off the whole day i saw a beautifully fake-tanned orange-faced chavette in a white velor trackie, with fluffy white boots and giant gold hopped earrings. i tried to take a picture but my girlfriend took my camera away. :'(

Anyways, I'll be going to Blackburn next weekend. Hopefully that'll be just as nice!

Unread 8 Jan 2007, 14:46   #39
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You'll have a harder time beating us this time round with our current form.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 15:50   #40
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I thought Liverpool would be horrid but once I got there it was great. I found the people particularly friendly, only Edinburgh seemed friendlier to me. I felt far safer in Liverpool than in London. I spoke to lots of people who think Liverpool is a shithole, full of muggers - they've all never visited. It may have been awful in the mid-90s - I don't know - but it's not now; lots of money seems to have been poured in from the EU urban regeneration fund etc.

Like most northern cities it has two great things going for it, compared to London, and they're: people have more space and the people are friendlier.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote