User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Dec 2006, 07:17   #1
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
[Jesus]Movie review- The Nativity Story

Well I just saw The Nativity Story and I was quite amazed. I read some terrible reviews that said the movie was lackluster and lacked proper direction. Then I realized the problem with the reviewers…they were not saved.

For believers this movie is a gift. The emotions it brings forth are majestic and grand. The realization of God made flesh was superbly done. Herod’s bloodlust was very brutal in the movie and showed how dangerous life in that era could be. I really liked the dialog of the Magi the best. Those old coots really got to me.

For non-believers this movie is going to be rather dull. The best parts of the movie will just pass over you unfelt. It would be similar to being blind and going to an art exhibit with one or two sculptures. I would suggest that non-believers avoid this movie because it will not convince you to believe and it will seem trite and boring to you.

Well flame away folks.

God bless and Merry Christmas.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 07:24   #2
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Jesus]Movie review- The Nativity Story

By not saved, you do of course mean not believers.

Arguably, noone here is saved because more than one religion has a definition of saved, and there is no guarantee yours is the correct religion. (yay pointless debates)

I think I'll be waiting until cheap theatres to see this one by the sounds of it. If it makes it over here.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 07:26   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

or by saved, victims of a delusion.
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 08:01   #4
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
For non-believers this movie is going to be rather dull. The best parts of the movie will just pass over you unfelt. It would be similar to being blind and going to an art exhibit with one or two sculptures.

God bless and Merry Christmas.
I once went to an art exhibit for blind people about 5 years ago when i was still in highschool
They had things you could listen to, and things you could smell..

but they also had sculptures there; personally I thought it was rather fun - pic

Last edited by Alessio; 7 Dec 2006 at 08:30.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2006, 08:14   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the nativity is a well crafted piece of propaganda designed to undermine Zoroastrianism by having their priestly cast show subserviance to the christ figure.

The two religions used to be very much in competition. Outside of that context the nativity myth has no value.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 00:15   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't you feel disgusted by what I can only imagine to be blatant cashing in on Christianity at Christmas? Just like thoe God-awful nails that came out after the Passion.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 04:37   #7
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Don't you feel disgusted by what I can only imagine to be blatant cashing in on Christianity at Christmas? Just like thoe God-awful nails that came out after the Passion.
Not really. The movie industry always goes for tear-jerkers this time of year. Just look at We Are Marshall which is being released on the 22nd but is premiering in my hometown on the 12th.

This movie would not get the same crowd draw another time of year. It is in effect a true Christmas story, in fact it's the first Christmas story. Nicely done for the first time. I can only imagine the remake in 30 years.

Unread 9 Dec 2006, 06:52   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey guys, this girl was born in 1990.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 09:13   #9
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Only 2 more years...(at least in my state)...
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 10:40   #10
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Well I just saw The Nativity Story and I was quite amazed. I read some terrible reviews that said the movie was lackluster and lacked proper direction. Then I realized the problem with the reviewers…they were not saved.
Hahaha. I love you. You're by far the best troll I've shared a board with in a while. I love how all religions say things like this. "It obviously makes sense but it's just you're not saved/enlightened/whatever ergo you must trust these words absolutely."
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 11:04   #11
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
Only 2 more years...(at least in my state)...
Ever considered a move to Iceland?
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 12:36   #12
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Sorry Nod, she's already 6 months pregnant. In fact she was pregnant during shooting for the film, to her 19 year old boyfriend.

Some Mary.

Travler will probably condemn her to burn in hell for all eternity, or some such nonsense.
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 04:06   #13
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Travler will probably condemn her to burn in hell for all eternity, or some such nonsense.
Travler's going to be pretty lonely in Heaven, the way he condemns everyone who disagrees with him (or his beliefs) he'll be the only one there.

Edit: I forgot, he'll have his favorite pastor there, so it will be just the two of them...
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 05:27   #14
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
Travler's going to be pretty lonely in Heaven, the way he condemns everyone who disagrees with him (or his beliefs) he'll be the only one there.

Edit: I forgot, he'll have his favorite pastor there, so it will be just the two of them...
For those of you who have not read the Bible let me clarify something for you.

I DO NOT have the power to decide who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. So I really cannot condemn anyone. I just go by what what written in the Bible based on the teachings of Jesus. His words, not mine. His rules, not mine. I just happen to agree with him.

Unread 10 Dec 2006, 10:50   #15
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
For believers this movie is a gift. The emotions it brings forth are majestic and grand. The realization of God made flesh was superbly done. Herod’s bloodlust was very brutal in the movie and showed how dangerous life in that era could be. I really liked the dialog of the Magi the best. Those old coots really got to me.
Travler, I hate to break it to you, but you are not a "believer". You know that the Bible is fully true, you know that God exists, you don't have a single doubt. That's not to be a believer. That's to be brainwashed.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2006, 12:03   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
For those of you who have not read the Bible let me clarify something for you.

I DO NOT have the power to decide who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. So I really cannot condemn anyone. I just go by what what written in the Bible based on the teachings of Jesus. His words, not mine. His rules, not mine. I just happen to agree with him.
Whilst you might not have any 'powers' so to speak it certainly does feel as if you are all-knowing and are aware of everyone who is going to Hell. My favourite example was when you said the people in Africa are dying because they don't pray enough. If these are people who, by your standards, would then go to Heaven (after Hell on Earth) I would be rather surprised.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 06:25   #17
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
The only Jesus I know is a middle-aged Mexican gardener, and I'm pretty sure he's illiterate.
For some reason, I think that almost everyone named Jesus is a middle-aged Mexican gardner, that doesn't really speak English (at least the ones here in US), and are illiterate. I did meet one once that was a janitor.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 06:54   #18
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Travler, I hate to break it to you, but you are not a "believer". You know that the Bible is fully true, you know that God exists, you don't have a single doubt. That's not to be a believer. That's to be brainwashed.
I was not brainwashed. I was convicted. Ultimately God convinced me that he was in charge and so I sold out to Christ. It was not a decision made lightly. In fact I spent most of my life convinced that there was no God and Jesus was never raised from the dead. I am glad that I was wrong. I believe in something greater than myself. I believe in something more than what I alone am capable of.

Over the next month I want you to be on the lookout for all the miracles in your life. Count how many unbelievable things happen. Maybe then you will start to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Whilst you might not have any 'powers' so to speak it certainly does feel as if you are all-knowing and are aware of everyone who is going to Hell. My favourite example was when you said the people in Africa are dying because they don't pray enough. If these are people who, by your standards, would then go to Heaven (after Hell on Earth) I would be rather surprised.
Looking back I said that in haste and with little thought and I want to apologize for my angry words. Only God knows why some people in Africa have it so bad. Unfortunately all I can do is pray for them. I lack the means to be able to do anything more.

All who pray to Jesus and declare him to be their savior are going to heaven according to the Bible. Life on earth is not fair. We are each challenged by our circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
How on Earth do you know that the Bible is based on the teachings of this so-called Jesus person?
The only Jesus I know is a middle-aged Mexican gardener, and I'm pretty sure he's illiterate.
Do we really have to re-invent the wheel on this one? There should be enough documentation in the world to prove that Jesus existed on this earth. Find a biblical scholar if you really want to know more.

Unread 11 Dec 2006, 12:20   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What the hell. I've never even heard of this movie
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 12:58   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I heard it was the prequel to Ben Hur.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 14:05   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I feel that your sentiment there was anti-rapture in nature and request you change it to 'what the heaven' or 'oh my stars'.

Edit: Also, how'd you see it so early, Travler?

Last edited by pablissimo; 11 Dec 2006 at 14:11.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 21:52   #22
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
how'd you see it so early, Travler?
Maybe his favorite all knowing and righteous pastor illegally downloaded it off the internet to show him.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 21:59   #23
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
dude, its about jesus. The only times you're likely to hear about it is if you are enough of a fag to go to church or when Travler decides to post it here.

Quote:
I was not brainwashed. I was convicted. Ultimately God convinced me that he was in charge and so I sold out to Christ. It was not a decision made lightly. In fact I spent most of my life convinced that there was no God and Jesus was never raised from the dead. I am glad that I was wrong. I believe in something greater than myself. I believe in something more than what I alone am capable of.
Wait, so basically, you thought about death, didn't know what would happen after it, got scared of being wiped from existence and therefore decided to believe in some shit that some dickheads decided to write a couple of thousand years ago just to satisfy yourself?

Fair enough.

Last edited by _Kila_; 11 Dec 2006 at 22:09.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 22:06   #24
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: [Jesus]Movie review- The Nativity Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Edit: Also, how'd you see it so early, Travler?
It was released on December 1st.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 22:48   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do you know what I've never liked about christmas? The fact people expect me to get out of bed for it.

That and Jesus.

Two-faced little dickhead.
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 00:21   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
It was released on December 1st.
He threw me with His talk of it being on the 12th. Wait did I misuse the H in His there? Shit.
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 03:23   #27
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Wait, so basically, you thought about death, didn't know what would happen after it, got scared of being wiped from existence and therefore decided to believe in some shit that some dickheads decided to write a couple of thousand years ago just to satisfy yourself?

Fair enough.
Actually I was ok with death and non-existance. In fact I was looking foward to it. Just I was confronted with the truth. Jesus revealed his existance to me. I though it was just God then and still refused to believe in Christ. I started to believe in God but not the God of the Bible. It was more like the Taoist philosphy I believed in. It took me another 13 years before I believed in Jesus.

Unread 12 Dec 2006, 03:30   #28
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Actually I was ok with death and non-existance. In fact I was looking foward to it. Just I was confronted with the truth. Jesus revealed his existance to me. I though it was just God then and still refused to believe in Christ. I started to believe in God but not the God of the Bible. It was more like the Taoist philosphy I believed in. It took me another 13 years before I believed in Jesus.
explain what you think jesus said about the afterlife.

I'm not being odd. i'd like to know what you, or perhaps more acurately your pastor, thinks the afterlife is like.

is it a dante thing? is there limbo? pergatory? hell? elysium? valhala?

out of courtesy to me i expect you to reply.
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 03:35   #29
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
especially given the fact that you dismissed zoroastrianism, which to be frank seemed a bit cocky.
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 05:01   #30
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
That wasn't my point.

"You are glad that you are wrong." How is this to "believe" in something? You're either taking the piss out of us for months, or you're brainwashed. You know all these things. Did you hear voices, or otherwise see or hear something which can not possibly be explained by common sense or science?

Quote:
Over the next month I want you to be on the lookout for all the miracles in your life. Count how many unbelievable things happen. Maybe then you will start to understand.
I am afraid my life is fairly average and not many unbelievable things happen. Certainly nothing that can not be explained by common sense or science. Certainly nothing that requires there to be a God.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm a christian. I just find you to be an idiot, I don't mind your belief.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 10:19   #31
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would just like to announce that Santa Claus revealed himself to me today in the mall and I am now a believer

Unread 12 Dec 2006, 11:59   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

I revealed myself to the girls' locker room once and now there's a court order preventing me from coming within 100 yards of any school
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 07:19   #33
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Traveler isn't really Christian in the traditional sense. He joined some cult with pastor Dan/Dave or something. Talk to him on IRC, the guy is fricken nuts.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 19:34   #34
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

For the love of God travler, get to wal-mart before it's too late!
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 07:02   #35
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:

I'm not being odd. i'd like to know what you, or perhaps more acurately your pastor, thinks the afterlife is like.

I think Jesus said the afterlife was like a great feast. Something like "tonight we will dine at my father's table." The afterlife is the eternal rest. The great reward. Heaven is where the Spirit of God resides. Heaven is a Kingdom.

The following bits are from the Bible. Usually if something is said more than once it is because you need to understand what is being said. How many times is Heaven discussed in just the new testament?

Matthew 5:12
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
God's throne
Matthew 6:20
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
Matthew 7:11
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.
"The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field.
"The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough."
"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.
"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.
"Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish.
"Therefore every teacher of the law who has been instructed about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old."
"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
"For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard.
"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son.
"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
Peace in heaven
'He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'
I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.
"I am the bread that came down from heaven."
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."
'Heaven is my throne
I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun,
we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.
at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ
the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven
you also have a Master in heaven
the throne of the Majesty in heaven
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you,
After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.
the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God

This is what I think Jesus said about heaven.

Sorry I did not even notice zoroastrianism because I had never heard the term before. It's just another religion. I used to like the phrase "He's the One God, Sun God, Ra! Ra! Ra!" (best spoken like an American College or High School Football cheer)

Unread 19 Dec 2006, 09:02   #36
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

Unread 19 Dec 2006, 09:14   #37
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Travler, are you proud of your faith in god?

because if you are then you do realise that pride is one of the 7 deadly sins, thus you are going straight to hell for it no matter how much u pray? :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 10:33   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Travler, are you proud of your faith in god?

because if you are then you do realise that pride is one of the 7 deadly sins, thus you are going straight to hell for it no matter how much u pray? :P
Generally when you're trying to trap someone into an admission you don't include your counterpoint in the first post.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 10:38   #39
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Generally when you're trying to trap someone into an admission you don't include your counterpoint in the first post.
mabey i couldnt be arsed to wait all day for him to reply with a 1 word answer?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 11:03   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
mabey i couldnt be arsed to wait all day for him to reply with a 1 word answer?
If we really want to short circuit the process, why do we even have to do it in this thread or about someone who may be real? We're obviously not concerned about the truth of our accusation, so using a made-up person won't hurt our gleeful fun at all.

"Hey, Jimenez Q Hitler, you ever eaten a baby?

BECAUSE EATING A BABY IS WRONG HAHA CAUGHT YOU"
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote