User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Aug 2006, 11:30   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
[Help] Finding out of print books

One of my family members has asked me to find the following book:

Title "Sky Over Scapa 1939-1945"
Author "Gregor Lamb"
ISBN 0951344323
Publisher: Byrgisey
Publish date: 1991

I've googled every site I can find and I can only find a few references - one saying "i wish they'd print more of this book", and mainly references for more information from a post etc.

I wondered if anyone was a bit better than me at doing this, or had a better idea than sitting on google all day? Are there sites I might not have found by typing into google "give me sites that find books that are hard to find!!!!!" etc?
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 11:53   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Help] Finding out of print books

You could buy it second-hand? E-bay is the first that springs to mind, quickly followed by Amazon.com which provide a similar service.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 11:55   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

amazon doesn't have it that I can see, don't think ebay does either. :/
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 12:46   #4
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Can't find one theres was one on sale on the irish ebay for ~£55! in march,googling 'out of print books' returned this guy

http://www.glynsbooks.co.uk/

as the #1 google ad on the side. There doesn't seem to be a search fee, try them.
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 14:47   #5
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/4824/uk-lond.htm ?
A couple of links there, and info. Worth a try for second hand stuff.
Good luck.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.

Last edited by pyirt; 20 Aug 2006 at 14:59.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 20:16   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
One of my family members has asked me to find the following book:

Title "Sky Over Scapa 1939-1945"
Author "Gregor Lamb"
ISBN 0951344323
Publisher: Byrgisey
Publish date: 1991

I've googled every site I can find and I can only find a few references - one saying "i wish they'd print more of this book", and mainly references for more information from a post etc.

I wondered if anyone was a bit better than me at doing this, or had a better idea than sitting on google all day? Are there sites I might not have found by typing into google "give me sites that find books that are hard to find!!!!!" etc?
Local bookshops (ones that have been about for years and years, preferably, not Waterstone's) have, from limited experience, had sufficient contacts to find reasonably rare/low-print-volume books for a price.
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 23:01   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/4824/uk-lond.htm ?
A couple of links there, and info. Worth a try for second hand stuff.
Good luck.
it's exceeded the bandwidth limit

I bet you've all been going on there!

Thanks though. will keep looking. There was a book sale last week with one in, apparently, but the cousin who saw it thought we already had a copy.

Local bookshop wise, there's actually not many around here, which is where the book is based, the author lives/lived (we have to check this out) and probably where the publisher is based too. Also, we're going home next week so don't really have a chance to look (grandparents are going home tomorrow morning, and they're the ones that want it).
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:00   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the other idea (depending on age of book and some other factors) is to contact the publisher direct, as they might have an idea where to get hold of a copy