User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Nov 2007, 23:30   #1
Delver
Ensign

Delver has a spectacular aura aboutDelver has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation XP-bug please fix it...

I have now seen, several times, that you get XP as if battle took place when you land a defending fleet, even when attacker has recalled before tick. This is at least happening with in-gal defense, when attacker recalls at both eta 1 and eta 2. Just look it up a sandmans, and you'll see plenty of evidence.

It should be fixed asap, as its getting a major impact on score in game now.
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 23:41   #2
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough
Re: XP-bug please fix it...

Yeah, Ive seen it several times as well, though it never seems to work for me :crymeariver:

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2007, 23:48   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Man, there goes my chance to abuse bugs.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 02:00   #4
Bubert Samson

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Man, there goes my chance to abuse bugs.

No worries mz, I know youll find more

- Edgar Allan Poe
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 06:55   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

So much stupid bugs this round, wtg pa team making a new combat engine right before tickstart and not taking enough time to make sure it works.
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 07:58   #6
Stuhlman

Stuhlman will become famous soon enoughStuhlman will become famous soon enough

I have always thought you get XP for defense even if it is a recall, or maybe I was drunk when I read the manual.

" Per tick, you get 10 xp defending out of galaxy and 15 xp defending in galaxy. This is the same whether it is fake or real defence. "
(fake or real) indicates that XP is given per tick without consideration of landing so you do get XP per tick even for sending 1 banshee, whether there is landing or not. If not, it should be mentioned in manual that no XP is awarded if attacker does not land.
This is why:
" You can also gain XP from defending attacks. This is done both per tick, when the person you are defending has hostile incoming from another player, and when you have a fleet defending (at home or another planet) and the hostile attacker lands. "

It clearly says this done both (both indicates 2 methods of getting XP) per tick and per landing... so even if attacker does not land you still get the per tick XP..
So I assume there is no bug there...
PA team?
Stuhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 08:00   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuhlman
I have always thought you get XP for defense even if it is a recall, or maybe I was drunk when I read the manual.

" Per tick, you get 10 xp defending out of galaxy and 15 xp defending in galaxy. This is the same whether it is fake or real defence. "
(fake or real) indicates that XP is given per tick without consideration of landing so you do get XP per tick even for sending 1 banshee, whether there is landing or not. If not, it should be mentioned in manual that no XP is awarded if attacker does not land.
This is why:
" You can also gain XP from defending attacks. This is done both per tick, when the person you are defending has hostile incoming from another player, and when you have a fleet defending (at home or another planet) and the hostile attacker lands. "

It clearly says this done both (both indicates 2 methods of getting XP) per tick and per landing... so even if attacker does not land you still get the per tick XP..
So I assume there is no bug there...
PA team?
Quote:
that you get XP as if battle took place when you land a defending fleet, even when attacker has recalled before tick.
He's not referring to the per tick xp, he's referring to the battle xp.

Hopefully.
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 08:36   #8
Bubert Samson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
He's not referring to the per tick xp, he's referring to the battle xp.

Hopefully.
exactly

....well, thats what I was referring to anyways, not so sure on Delver, but that was my initial assumption

- Edgar Allan Poe
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 09:49   #9
Delver
Ensign

Delver has a spectacular aura aboutDelver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson
exactly

....well, thats what I was referring to anyways, not so sure on Delver, but that was my initial assumption
Well, ofc...

Anyways, I had a talk with Apocco about this last night, and I think it was fixed right away.

So, this point doesn't have much point anylonger.