User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jun 2006, 05:21   #1
Admiral Fisher

U.H.S.C. Alliance

Alliance Tag:U.H.S.C.
Alliance Leaders:Admiral Fisher
Total number of members wanted at this time:30

The U.H.S.C. is a Democracy Alliance, with means voting over alliance matters, also because I still haven't abandoned this idea, and I have no idea if any other alliance has tried this, but the U.H.S.C. has a court system, yes a court system, but I have no idea if it will work like my U.H.S.C. Alliance at ogame, but might as well try.

Court System Idea
-------------------------------------------------
Supreme Court(9 Judges)-Highest Court(Also the Supreme makes the alliance rules, policies, and laws.)

Court of Appeals(3 Judges)-Also Decides if a case should be heard by the Supreme Court

Superior Court( 1 Judge and 9 juries)-Jury Trial

Court of Appeals(3 Judges)-Decides if case should be heard by the Seperior Court

District Court-One Judge makes the decision
Example on how the court system will work:
Let's say a member is being kicked for mis-conduct in the alliance, his case is guaranteed to be heard by the District Court, if he is found guilty, he may Appeal he's case to the Court of Appeals, there the 3 Judges decide if his case should move up to the Superior Court, lets say they let it move up the court system, it's now in the Superior Court, which has 1 judge and 9 juries, let's say he is found guilty there too, he can appeal it again to the Court of Appeals, let's say they let his case be heard by the Supreme Court, in the Supreme, there are 9 Judges, the Judges are called Justices here, there are 8 Associate Justices, and 1 Chief Justice, now let's say the Supreme Court finds him not guilty, all the other courts decisions are now dismissed, because the Supreme Courts Decision is final, and can only be overturned by the Supreme Court. ( During all of this, the member who's going to be kicked stays in the alliance until he reachs the Supreme Court and a decisions is made, or he gives up on the way, and stops at one of the lower courts.

Anyway, Apps are being accepted at this time, anyone who wishes to join the U.H.S.C., feel free to join at anytime.
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 06:04   #2
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice
Re: U.H.S.C. Alliance

erm.. no offense but all that talked about was what happened if a member got kicked from the alliance. Maybe say something about the alliances goals/ history/ irc chan etc?
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 09:07   #3
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Im not going to shoot down your idea, but I am going to say that generally speaking, alliances are rigid hierarchies because that is the most effiecient way of running any sort of governmental system, democracies are, by design, very inefficient.

Though, I wish you luck in this and hope you can find a way to make this work.

btw, got an IRC channel? maybe some guidelines about recruitment etc

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 10:44   #4
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

tbh this is more an AD than AR post (don't move it though, or the poor admiral fisher will be flamed to death)
Plz add an IRC channel + requirements to join to make it look more like a recruitment post
Cheers on your inovative way of leading your alliance though (if it works is yet to be seen)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 12:33   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It seems like a ridiculously drawn out process tbh and I'm not sure your really get anything done or atleast done quickly. I mean what happens if you find someone whos leaking intel to an outside source. Not only do you need some-one to decide to kick them but you then give them the appeal that. By the time its gone through the whole process they could have leaked an awful lot more.

So without someone at the top to make quick and difficult decisions when they are needed to be made how are you planning to ensure that the burocracy doesnt get in the way of the alliance doing their job?
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 13:19   #6
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

Seems to me your going to have war declared on you and take a round to decide if your gong to retaliate! All sounds very nice but the practicality of it all is highly questionable!

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 19:39   #7
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

So you're looking for 16 judges and 9 jury members, that leaves you with 5 regular members if you reach your goal of 30. Don't you think it would be unfair to the 5?

Not to mention, what do you do if one of your judges is on trial, or leaves, and how is the system set up before you get all your judges?
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 20:04   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
tbh this is more an AD than AR post
It contained a sentence of encouraging people to join, so it's not

Good luck Fisher!
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 20:39   #9
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I do agree though, you should at least mention something about who you're looking for, and how they should find you, since it is a recruiting thread. It's nice you put your ideals, but you're not going to get many members if they don't know what you're looking for or where to go to find out more info.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 01:59   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
It contained a sentence of encouraging people to join, so it's not

Good luck Fisher!
It contained more on his way of leading an alliance that it did about recruitment, no requirements, no irc channel, no minimum score, etc etc.
So imo this qualifies as AD material and not AR, atleast till admiral fisher gets back and edits his post or posts more info about his alliance's recruitment policys.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 09:42   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
It contained more on his way of leading an alliance that it did about recruitment, no requirements, no irc channel, no minimum score, etc etc.
So imo this qualifies as AD material and not AR, atleast till admiral fisher gets back and edits his post or posts more info about his alliance's recruitment policys.
This is an AR thread. It contains an invitation to join the alliance, combined with a statement of the alliance's policies and vision. Not every AR thread is expected to be in a certain format - in fact, this is one of the most novel and interesting threads we've had for a long time.

I still remember the days of alliances having massive Senates; this isn't really all that different. It's just presented in a different fashion. Now, how about all of you give Admiral Fisher his chance?
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 12:13   #12
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about

hes welcome to try it, I'll be watching to see how it goes! But my personal opinion is it won't work too well, if he can prove me wrong fair play

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 18:36   #13
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

All things in this alliance must be way too slow, but good luck anyway
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 23:24   #14
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

gl to you you'll need it
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 12:02   #15
Saphi
Leo's Pwn :P

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts

its a gd idea in theroey if u can gain 60 members not 30..... gl neway. I hopes everything goes okies for u....
------------------------------------------------
The answers you seek are not here
Saphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 12:44   #16
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

In a community where we are meant to be trying to recruit more new players to the game why when new people come along do some of you try to blow them away?

Good luck to you Admiral Fisher i hope things go well for you!
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 14:14   #17
Kael
The Evil Hamster

Kael will become famous soon enoughKael will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a very complicated way of running an alliance. But good luck anyways! Hope it works out for you.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" - It's time to toss the dice.

#Spacehamsters
Kael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 15:42   #18
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco
In a community where we are meant to be trying to recruit more new players to the game why when new people come along do some of you try to blow them away?

Good luck to you Admiral Fisher i hope things go well for you!
I dont think anyway's trying to 'blow them away'. People just see a problem with the setup and are raising the issues so they can either change things to account for them or atleast be aware of what the problems might be and make sure they have a backup plan ready. Its no good people being all nice to a new alliance if it means what seems like obvious problems are masked and the alliance then has problems it didnt expect as no-one raised them
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 18:50   #19
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Well, personally, i support any initiative of a new alliance trying to strive for something in this doggy dog world of PA. On that note, GL to everyone trying.

On the other note, Alliance, like any buisness, should come down to that 1 person. "The bull stops here". For now, I dont think creating excessive amount of e-burocracy would help a brand new alliance. As that, i dont think it would be very successfull idea. Wasting time on burocratic matters rather then DCing, BCing, or practicing in politics would not be of the best output.

Nevertheless. Good luck. It definetly would be interesting if your alliance succeeds.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 23:12   #20
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
Well, personally, i support any initiative of a new alliance trying to strive for something in this doggy dog world of PA. On that note, GL to everyone trying.

On the other note, Alliance, like any buisness, should come down to that 1 person. "The bull stops here". For now, I dont think creating excessive amount of e-burocracy would help a brand new alliance. As that, i dont think it would be very successfull idea. Wasting time on burocratic matters rather then DCing, BCing, or practicing in politics would not be of the best output.

Nevertheless. Good luck. It definetly would be interesting if your alliance succeeds.
Not all alliances put efficiency ahead of everything else. Planetarion has always had alliances who prioritized things other than just maximizing score growth and the game has always been better for them.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 08:24   #21
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

I thought it was "the BUCK stops here" not the bull,...
anyway,... on the plus it's certainly something different on the market when players are looking for an alliance to join.
However, was isn't a democracy,.. if you have people voting on which target to pick, your going to end up with it being split off in different directions most times,..
However, no harm done in trying it hey
and cisco, no one here was being truely negative or flaming,.. if you want to see some real good "put downs" go start a thread in GD,..
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 13:12   #22
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I dont think anyway's trying to 'blow them away'. People just see a problem with the setup and are raising the issues so they can either change things to account for them or atleast be aware of what the problems might be and make sure they have a backup plan ready. Its no good people being all nice to a new alliance if it means what seems like obvious problems are masked and the alliance then has problems it didnt expect as no-one raised them
i know that matey, but we have some very experienced alliances in pa who never seem to make it even adopting the 'correct' proceedure, who knows with correct organisation almost any setup can make it

most of the problems with alliances come with inactivity usually from senior officers, and yes i do take on board that the approach that uhsc want to take seems a little ott, but i still dont think that the community should try to dis-credit them straight out! we need new blood in pa so bring it on uhsc
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 13:40   #23
wakey
Hamster

The new blood argument works both ways, yes more alliances can help bring in new blood but also an alliance that has memebers and falls flat on their face can also drive away people.

We have too many ill conceived alliances every round that just screw players over and its in both the communities and the alliance in question to get constructive critism. A good alliance can take this on board and use it to improve themselves.

And yes your right most new alliances fail because of inactive commanders but that doesnt mean you dont need a command. If you cant be active then you shouldnt even be considering starting an alliance because an alliance needs an active person whom can take ultimate control when a quick decision is needed to be made
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 15:28   #24
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

A court system can only be there to enforce a constitution and to convict those who break the rules. Courts do not exist to make decisions about change of the constitution or policy. You also need a police force, who bring people to the court. You also need a government who makes and changes the constition, and makes decisions.

So, what is your constitution, and who has the auhority to change it? Who makes alliance decisions? If a decision is appealed against by a member, does that decision have to be put on hold until the issue is resolved through the courts? And who is there to bring foul play to the attention of the courts?

Last edited by Furyous; 23 Jun 2006 at 15:47.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2006, 12:52   #25
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Umbrella Hugging Society of Caring?

or do I have the wrong post?

GL guys, maybe put some more info in you thread thought and check out the "how to use this forum" thing sticky thread :-)

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2006, 17:23   #26
InvictusVitae

InvictusVitae is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly, democracy doesn't work too well in PA. A dictatorship is more like it.
InvictusVitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2006, 21:59   #27
Graham
Colax

Graham is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvictusVitae
Sadly, democracy doesn't work too well in PA. A dictatorship is more like it.
im with InvictusVitae on this one, but good luck to you!

R15 - Member - Heroes R16 - BC - Heroic R17 - HC - Heroic R18 - HC Advisor - Heroic R19 - HC - Heroic - Left and became a Viking! R19 - Member - TGV R20 - DC - TGV R21 - Member - TGV/ToF/SubH R22 - Member TGV R23 - Founded ASS - Alamo Space Smurfs with the HC team R24 - HC ASS - Alamo Space Smurfs
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote