User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Aug 2004, 17:54   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Stupid people

NOOOO NOOO, GET THEM OFF ME!!! GET EM OFF GET EM OFF!!!

That's what I thought after having spent my first day at the callcenter listening to calls. I can now safely state that most of the people calling a helpdesk are stupid annoying people out there to get me (or whatever guy they get on the line).

For one, this guy had to return his broken product by mail with his RMA written on the box.
- Call guy: So you write your RMA number on the box. That is Richard Marry Anthony <insert number here>
- Customer: Is that a Marry with double or single 'r' ?

Seriously... I'm not going to last long there.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 17:56   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Stupid people

This isn't as good as Dace's Stupid People thread.

Not as accurate.

Call center's aren't populated by stupid people, they're populated by foreigners you can't understand.

Foreigners are our friends.

Friends should not be called stupid.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 18:00   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
This isn't as good as Dace's Stupid People thread.

Not as accurate.

Call center's aren't populated by stupid people, they're populated by foreigners you can't understand.

Foreigners are our friends.

Friends should not be called stupid.
I believe SI is trying to tell us hes working in call centre filled with sensible people, but called by retards.

And the "Foreign People" who staff call centres and usually exceptionally bright, theyre just crap at English. If you have a little patience with them (and thats in seriously short supply here) then youll get whatever you want from them. Just remember.

UK Staff : The Word 'Ombudsman' gets you compensation
Indian Staff : The Word 'Ombudsman' gets you a confused silence.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 18:05   #4
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

The foreign call centre staff can be amusing. I think it was an insurance company I had to phone and somehow I ended up being told I couldn't have whatever I was after as the firm was English and you need a passport to travel between the two countries It's hell trying to get a phone number in a place like Caerphilly or Merthyr though :/
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 18:06   #5
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
NOOOO NOOO, GET THEM OFF ME!!! GET EM OFF GET EM OFF!!!

That's what I thought after having spent my first day at the callcenter listening to calls. I can now safely state that most of the people calling a helpdesk are stupid annoying people out there to get me (or whatever guy they get on the line).

For one, this guy had to return his broken product by mail with his RMA written on the box.
- Call guy: So you write your RMA number on the box. That is Richard Marry Anthony <insert number here>
- Customer: Is that a Marry with double or single 'r' ?

Seriously... I'm not going to last long there.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot are you on about? it's Romeo Mike Alpha

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 18:18   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
No, here in the Netherlands we use names to clarify abbreviations.

There are no foreign people in the callcentre here. All Dutch. And no, the people I met today don't seem to be stupid. They just don't care about your shit computer or laptop.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 19:01   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
In the phonetic alphabet, it's Whiskey.

In fact, I think you'll find that's across the board.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 19:56   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Everyone should have to work on a tech support helpdesk for at least six months.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 21:49   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
In the phonetic alphabet, it's Whiskey.

In fact, I think you'll find that's across the board.
Surely in the phonetic alphabet it doesn't matter how you spell it...
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 22:21   #10
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Surely in the phonetic alphabet it doesn't matter how you spell it...

We were on exercise with an infantry platoon a while back and I gave a full grid reference over the radio. One of the infantry guy's standing next to me proclaimed proudly that he'd only just learned the telephonic alphabet.

I didn't know whether to shoot him or laugh at him. I 'delegated' the task of scouting the nearby area to him and his equally stupid friend.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 01:22   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Everyone should have to work on a tech support helpdesk for at least six months.

Or behind a bar.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 01:49   #12
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Stupid people are dumb.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 08:57   #13
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i think there should be a planet wide cull of dumb people

i would have them all thrown into volcanos to prevent too much mess
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 09:33   #14
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
I can now safely state that most of the people calling a helpdesk are stupid annoying people out there to get me
This is the truth. I worked on a helpdesk for 10 months, it was a frightening experience. People are stupid.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 10:22   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Guess where I work...right at this minute I'm answering an idiot over email who decided his Palm handheld PDA needed repair cause he sat on it. He packed it all up, posted it off to the head accounts office in England (not even the repair centre) and expected a repair.

He didn't include any details. He didn't ask us for a RMA, he infact never even contacted us. He doesn't want to pay to get the unit repaired, he doesn't see how it's his fault its broken.

Oh and he wants his unit back within 2 days as he's off on holiday then.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 10:47   #16
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd love to get a position at Childline so I can troll all those emo kids who phone up.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:05   #17
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Actually I move we add the nation of Israel to the list of stupid people.

Besides dealing with them on a daily basis and find them the most irritating, trying, unfriendly and awkward people since the germans (ironic, no?)...they now have decided to prevent any shipments of repaired or new Palm handheld units to anyone living in Palestinian areas or who seems to be involved with the Palestinian Authority. Once customer I'm dealing with now is a Human Right lawyer.

They have confiscated the units we've sent over the past number of days and are demanding the owners have an Israeli citizen as a clearing agent (basically someone who can vouch for them). Since most of the people I've delt with have explained they know no Israeli, they cant get their units back.

So Israel is being a shitty bunch of wankers again. Supprise supprise.

Last edited by IncubusGod; 17 Aug 2004 at 14:12.
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:19   #18
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Bobzeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I'd love to get a position at Childline so I can troll all those emo kids who phone up.
They don't.

If they phoned up, they wouldn't be emo.

DUH.
Bobzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:27   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Now, I deal with call centre people all day long in my job. Sweeping generalisation here, but you're all a bunch of work-shy tossers with the IQ of a thick sock puppet. Its all about getting people off the phone as quick as you can to meet your call quota, god forbid you actually pluck your fingers from your overly inflated arseholes and do a single shred of work sometime this week. Its a giant game of pass the buck. If you work in a call centre for Vodafone, there is a good chance I want to stab you in the face.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:38   #20
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzeh
They don't.

If they phoned up, they wouldn't be emo.

DUH.
Emo involves trying to prove to everyone that your burdens are the greatest, lest I recall the whole story from the osbournes involving the fatty brat daughter they had phoning up the american version of childline to complain about her 'abusive' mother, when asked why she was abusive she related she called her donkey cock or something like that and the guy on the other end gave her a bollocking as well and told her her mother was right.

So yah emo kids do phone childline.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:40   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

**** you Rids.

We have to sit here every day listening to idiots who can't tell their arse from their elbow. When we do have regualr customers we tend to be relieved.
We have managers screaming at us to ensure our call times don't go over their quotas and that we handle a certain number of cases. Its not that we don't want to help. We do. We just have a long list of support boundaraies we cannot go past and pressure to deal with calls as fast as possible.

If we know the answer to your problem, could tell you it within 5 seconds but its outside our boundaries we can't say it. We don't get paid well. We take abuse all day from customers and from managment. We have all our calls and emails monitored. If we slip up we're raked over the coals. The hours are unfriendly.

It's people like you we want to stab in the face with a screwdriver.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:42   #22
Sunday8pm
Banned

Rids is a tosser, from his sig, to his constant bitching, to his constant trolling of everyone's troubles are not on the same ****ing planet as his, you get used to the fact he's the sort of english yobbo that gives england a bad name. No wonder he didn't get that job as manager or what not of some other vodafone centre or whatever, his attitude reeks. He makes me look positvely in the same league as mary poppins.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:48   #23
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

You know, I have exactly the same problems you have. Working in one of the top 10 stores in the country, with a headcount 3 people less than it should be, the pressure is always on me to serve the guy, get him out the door, and get on with selling.

Now, I am not a stupid person, infact I resolve 90-95% of issues without having to call customer services. Certain things, like raising a credit on somebodys bill for example, have to be done by calling customer services, its not that I cant do it, its just it uses a system we dont have. When I call customer services, all I ask for is a bit of support, if you dont know what you're doing, then ask a colleage, a supervisor, somebody with a clue. But dont you ****ing dare tell me to phone another department when I've had this issue 102 times before, and I know that its you I call to get the pissing credit raised on the pissing account. That is passing the buck, and that is what annoys me more than anything. I cant pass the buck in store, hoping that the guy will leave and when he comes back he'll speak to somebody else, as he'll simply come back to me. My goal is always about resolving the customer issue, even if 3/4's of the time they're just as stupid as the people you deal with.

Again, it was a sweeping generalisation based on my experience with the never ending volume of shite that works in Vodafone call centres.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:57   #24
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Rids is a tosser, from his sig, to his constant bitching, to his constant trolling of everyone's troubles are not on the same ****ing planet as his, you get used to the fact he's the sort of english yobbo that gives england a bad name. No wonder he didn't get that job as manager or what not of some other vodafone centre or whatever, his attitude reeks. He makes me look positvely in the same league as mary poppins.
<3 <3 <3 Sunday8pm <3 <3 <3
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:58   #25
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Well blame Vodafone for outsourcing to a call centre that probably has no proper training. Blame the call centre itself for forcing agents to stick to time deadlines and complicated procedures. Don't blame the agents in a stupid ill concieved broad brush stroke.

I agree that sometimes there are useless agents who infuriate people. I know a few on this account. I have to clean up their messes. The problem I have is when people abuse me for no reason or make statements like you have done Rids.
If you have a problem with Vodafone's customer care centre, why not complain? Might get things changed?

Oh and I'm not in a great mood due to people like you bitching at me because their emails were not answered or their messages weren't replied to. I explained that this is becuase our email and call servers are based in Florida. They were recently fked due to two hurricanes flooding the building they were in and tearing off part of the roof.

I've gotten the responce "thats not my problem" more often than anything else today.

Last edited by IncubusGod; 17 Aug 2004 at 15:04.
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 15:02   #26
Rids
The Bad Guy

Things have changed a lot recently in our call centres. They closed Croydon, which was one the best centres to get through to, longest running, had the most experienced staff, and expanded the one in Hartlepool, which is generally one of the worst.

I guess I wasnt right to make such a sweeping generalisation, as generally I havent dealt with call centres outside of Vodafone too much. There was no abuse directed at you personally, nor any call centre worker personally, I just dislike the whole call centre ethos that rewards speed over good customer service. Although again, that is not your fault, you're simply an agent of the system.

Last edited by Rids; 17 Aug 2004 at 15:19.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 15:18   #27
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
**** you Rids.

We have to sit here every day listening to idiots who can't tell their arse from their elbow. When we do have regualr customers we tend to be relieved.
We have managers screaming at us to ensure our call times don't go over their quotas and that we handle a certain number of cases. Its not that we don't want to help. We do. We just have a long list of support boundaraies we cannot go past and pressure to deal with calls as fast as possible.

If we know the answer to your problem, could tell you it within 5 seconds but its outside our boundaries we can't say it. We don't get paid well. We take abuse all day from customers and from managment. We have all our calls and emails monitored. If we slip up we're raked over the coals. The hours are unfriendly.

It's people like you we want to stab in the face with a screwdriver.
I have had the misfortune to work in a couple of call centres and I can say I wholeheartedly agree with this post. Most of the callers are stupid, you get so much shit for such a bad wage and ultimately the callers' problems are most definitely not important in the grand scheme of things.

Before my most recent CS job (that's customer service, that's not a typo of call centre) I used to have a very good CS attitude. After taking the BS that the cretins called in with there (I was working for the telecommunications arm of the UK's best-known gas supplier) for a week or so, compounded with the constant surveillence of a tubby scouser who internal managerial structure forced me to pretend respect for I became argumentative, stubborn, unmotivated, etc. and did just enough work not to get fired. Then I stopped showing up and got fired.

Call centres suck, callers suck more.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:43   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Things have changed a lot recently in our call centres. They closed Croydon
I worked at the Vodafone office there, albeit briefly.

And yes obviously I agree that call-centres suck for almost everyone involved. There are some good ones (or at least, better) - where people are paid more, treated better, etc. And they generally give better customer service. But overall it's a pit of depair and misery.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:47   #29
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Bleh, second day... I got some "product training". Learning about common problems with computers, TV's, PDA's, phones, massage machines (yes, massage...) and other random stuff. And how to analyse the problem. This is more difficult than I thought at first. Things that I'd figure out in 12 seconds I have to explain over a phone to a person who can't even tell the difference between his mouse from his keyboard. And it doesnt quite help when people are vague, like, "My computer doesn't work".
That's when I noticed what my biggest problem is. I'm having trouble lowering myself to the level of the caller. Obvious things like plugging in a monitor, or reading a manual are what people forget.

Anyway, I listened to a few calls again...

This guy removed one key off his notebook keyboard.

So this guy I'm listening with is quite smart and tells him to push it back in.

"How do I do that?" the customer asks. "Should I just push it?".

"yes sir"

"I pushed it back in, but it's a bit wobbly..... why is that?"

"That's odd sir, perhaps you broke something off"

"What? I was told by this lady I would be redirected to a technical skilled person. What the hell is this?"

Seriously... I was just listening, and the guy dealing with this customer is a graduated software engineer (schoolmate of mine), overqualified for this work, like me, but I felt a bit angry at that point.
Luckilly I can start somewhere else in a few weeks. A decent job.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 18:52   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

It get's worse. They're just the sane (but stupid people). One of the things you get to appreciate after working in any sort of customer services environment is how many genuinely insane people there are in the world.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 22:18   #31
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
i think there should be a planet wide cull of dumb people

i would have them all thrown into volcanos to prevent too much mess
I elect we start with this man.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=1188942
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 23:02   #32
Sunday8pm
Banned

Followed by all AOL subscribers in area's where there are other available ISP options that aren't AOL.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 23:57   #33
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Actually there's something far more depressing in the call centre where I work. Far worse than the callers, the clients, the managers, the directors, the american business bullshit.

It's this. That 5 guys out of my graduating class were forced to get jobs, along with me, in Sykes.
We all have Degrees in Information Technology and Telecommunications.
We all spent at least 3 months unemployed in the past 6 months.
We all ended up working in either Dell (on the manufactuing line) or in some menial job such as a Supermarket before getting a "techy" job in a call centre.
We were all told we were lucky to get this.

We all hate this job and the shit pay doesn't help.

If you have shares in any crime scene cleaning firms in Ireland I suggest you increase your stake. There will be a large 'jump' in suicide rates among univsersity graduates in the next 2 years if things don't pick up.

And I'm not kidding.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 00:07   #34
Sunday8pm
Banned

I realised this when I turned up at uni 5 years ago.

I feel I'm much beter off for not having the debt nor a piece of paper for employment in an area that is overly subscribed with eligable qualified employees.

In not working for 5 years I'm inevitably better off than a lot of you.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 11:52   #35
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Ok, I've only just managed to stop laughing long enough to type this one.

I have an email from a customer saying he thinks the charger for his Palm handheld is broken. To test this he decided to plug it into the mains and then lick the end of the adapter.

I quote "One would expect a tingeling sensation, this did not happen, I think its broken".

I would have thought "One would expect a long stay in hospital or death, this did not happen, I think it's broken".

WHO MAKES THESE PEOPLE?!?! WHY ARE THEY LEFT ROAM AROUND UNCHECKED?!!
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 13:02   #36
Sunday8pm
Banned

Can we add rumad to the list of stupid/dumb people who need killed, going on his last two threads of course (the I don't need to type proper or legibly and why does bocastle get aid when some people are standing in puddles elsewhere and not getting aid, which apparrently were not troll threads).
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:00   #37
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod

WHO MAKES THESE PEOPLE?!?! WHY ARE THEY LEFT ROAM AROUND UNCHECKED?!!
damn shame it wasnt working
though he probably would have sued on the grounds there isnt a warning not to
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:07   #38
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
damn shame it wasnt working
though he probably would have sued on the grounds there isnt a warning not to

Heh, thats what I said. I forwarded on the email to Customer Service and their legal dept got wind of it. They instructed me to send a disclaimer to the guy outlining that we bear no responsibility for his idiot actions if he shocks himself.

I'd send it but our email system is down. Muahaha. Maybe he'll go test the high voltage power lines out back and do us a favour.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:36   #39
Rids
The Bad Guy

Send him a mail saying it sounds like the connections in some of his plug sockets are fautly and he should try taking them out and licking the wires, just in case.

What a ****ing moron.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:58   #40
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

call centers, lol
my favourite one is still 'is it cold up there in canada??'