User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jan 2005, 03:36   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I need advice

Ok here's the thing, I want a Motorola v620 (yes I've heard its poor review) but I'm after that flip phone. Since O2 don't stock them at all (for staff line rental) I've thought of this: Get a decent phone from them, sell it on ebay and buy the handset (v620 @ £200) from Carphone Warehouse (and still have the contract sim with me). Here's the list of phones they do:

http://img143.exs.cx/img143/8161/PhonesList.jpg

So far, the k700i and D500 (I suppose I can fork out £29.99 for it) would make me loads of money. But what else would?

Thanks
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 13:34   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I need advice

k700i qnd 6230 would probably bring the money in
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 14:10   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nah, no one would buy the 6230 now, its the current 'open a contart and we will give you this free' phone :/
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 14:48   #4
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

no one would buy a k700i either, they're ****ing annoying
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 15:14   #5
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

I've decided on getting a D500, after looking at the S700i and the 6230. Whilst the 6230 does have symbian, it's ****ing massive, for a flip phone. The S700i, whilst it has all these groovy features, like an amazing camera, it's still ****ing massive. Plus I've seen a load of negative reviews for those phones. The recent motorola phones have all got major flaws in them it seems.

I'll be getting my D500 at the beginning of Februrary, unless there are even more cooler/better phones due out?
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 15:30   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
I've decided on getting a D500, after looking at the S700i and the 6230. Whilst the 6230 does have symbian, it's ****ing massive, for a flip phone. The S700i, whilst it has all these groovy features, like an amazing camera, it's still ****ing massive. Plus I've seen a load of negative reviews for those phones. The recent motorola phones have all got major flaws in them it seems.

I'll be getting my D500 at the beginning of Februrary, unless there are even more cooler/better phones due out?
you don't mean the 6230. it's not a flip phone and i've never seen a review for it that doesn't ejaculate over it. what DO you mean?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 15:40   #7
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Oh, 6630 I meant.
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:00   #8
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
The recent motorola phones have all got major flaws in them it seems.
Such as?
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:08   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
no one would buy a k700i either, they're ****ing annoying
I disagree.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:14   #10
Blastoderm
________

It turns out the k700i won't make much money. Had I sold it during the build up to Xmas, I would have fetched the £200 that I want.
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:20   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i want a 6170
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:23   #12
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

then again if u wait what a month- 2months u will get it a lot cheaper, u cud do what i do, have two contract phones, and so i get a new phone every 6 months, plus i got a payg phone too. (6230,K700i,E700) 6230 is the best out of the lot of em imo.
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:25   #13
Blastoderm
________

The stainless steel brick RR?
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:28   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

yeah, thats the one, didn't realise that it was a brick though
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:30   #15
Blastoderm
________

It looks quite decent but it's like most Nokia flip phones, a bit of a brick.
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 16:31   #16
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
The stainless steel brick RR?
yep, my k700i has broken twice, the 6230 on the other hand is reliable and a lot better to use etc, i by far prefer it, i wanna get the moto razr that looks nice
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 18:00   #17
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
i wanna get the moto razr that looks nice
I can officially say that the moto razr is the shittest new phone I've ever encountered. It crashes sometimes and the battery life is so shit you have to carry a spare battery with you all the time.
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 18:02   #18
roadrunner_0
cynic

ah, cheers for telling me that, one of my mates is looking into getting one of those!
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 18:05   #19
Blastoderm
________

No problem.

Even my manager can't have a conference call on the moto razr anymore.
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 14:05   #20
pig
1up on you

Quote:
I can officially say that the moto razr is the shittest new phone I've ever encountered. It crashes sometimes and the battery life is so shit you have to carry a spare battery with you all the time.
youve just killed many of my dreams :/
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 14:30   #21
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
youve just killed many of my dreams :/
I'm sorry but that's the truth.

Get a d500. It's definitely better.
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 14:32   #22
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I disagree.
Give it time.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 14:36   #23
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
Give it time.
I've given my k700i time. It's not annoying unless you're a heavy mobile phone user.
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 14:39   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I've given my k700i time. It's not annoying.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 16:05   #25
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

I'm looking at getting a D500 as well as soon as it comes into stock on the orange webby.
Rather swish!
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 18:52   #26
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That explains why we get so many sent back then ;\ (admittedly, if people ever saw how their phone gets treated before they get it, they wouldn't be so surprised when it doesn't work)

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2005, 19:59   #27
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Oh, 6630 I meant.
I think you meant the 6260.

What does the D500 have going for it other than a shit camera? (in the sense that all phone cameras are currently shit and anything with less than 3MP is a toy).

edit: If you want to find out what phones sell for a reasonable amount of money, why not just check ebay? The D500 seems to be going for around £300, but then I imagine it would only be free on a fairly expensive contract.

Last edited by Nodrog; 14 Jan 2005 at 20:05.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote