User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Aug 2004, 20:29   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I cant remember the last time i was this furious

I've taken time off work to play poker.

My connection has been ****ed all day for **** knows what reason.

It ****ed with my play today but i stay came on knowing (/hoping) tonight will be different.

I'm playing tonight and i'm heavily invested in a pot.

I check the turn after flopping the nut flush (and nut hand) next guy goes all in, i go to call and my connection ****s off.

Being short stacked now i am ****ed and go out soon after.

My body is boiling and i am generally full of rage now.

Which is just ****ing great because when i'm this angry i cant even drink (too dangerous) so now i have to sit in and stew watching shitty tv.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 20:32   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I cant remember the last time i was this furious

Bollock your ISP out, I did and I got grovelling e-mails for days till they had fixed everything.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 20:42   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How do i go about doing that?
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 20:57   #4
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Computer Rage. Cool.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 21:01   #5
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
How do i go about doing that?
Look for the customer support number on the top of your isp bills?
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 23:15   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If it's NTL don't even bother.
My last conversation went something like this:

----------------------------------

Me: My connection is dead. I've done all the standard things you people ask me to do everytime this happens 10 times over. Can you please just give me an estimate of how long your people will take to fix whichever router they've urinated on this time?

Support: What I'm going to need you to do is unplug your modem, wait 10 seconds, and plug it in again to reset it.

Me: Excuse me? Hello? Did you even listen to what I just said?

Support: I need you to unplug the modem, wai-

Me: I have worked with computers for years. I do a computer science degree. I set up the network in this house and the server your modem is connected to. I think I know that the modem is not the problem. Can we PLEASE skip the modem checks please?

Support: *pause* Ok, can you run ipconfig and tell me if you have received an IP or not?

Me: No I cant run ipconfig because its on linux. And yes I do have an IP, I just can't transmit or receive anything.

Support: Ah well there's the problem then. Broadband doesn't work on linux.

Me: *forehead slap* How has it been running for the last 24 months then?

Support: I'm not sure, it could be temperamental, but broadband doesn't work on linux.

Me: Can I speak to your superiour please?

Support: One minute sir.

Manager: Yeah, one of our routers in your area has been taken offline for upgrades - it should be back by 6 this evening. Is that ok?

Me: Yes, thanks, fine.

*click*

--------------------------------------------

This is why you should never bother phoning NTL support.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 23:49   #7
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Internet doesn't work with Linux.

Didn't you know that?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 23:50   #8
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

linux has their own interweb
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 00:27   #9
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
i laugh in their face

like this

hahahahahahahaha

you made me "lol" you sad ****
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 07:18   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Next time I might even consider recording it. My mobile has some button you can press somewhere to record calls with it.

And yes, I should have realised that linux only works on the other intarweb
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 07:34   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Legally you should only record conversations if you inform the person you are speaking to that you are doing so at the beginning of the conversation. However, from experience, if you are in tech support / customer services and someone says that at the start of the conversation you make pretty sure you don't say anything stupid...
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 07:42   #12
Sunday8pm
Banned

I personally think that people should make disclaimers rather than people having to ask permission to record.

Off the record etc etc yadda yadda should be what people would have to say if they were to say anything that should it turn up on a recorded medium later would embarrass/legally instigate someone in something.

However it's hard to address it from the point of view that it's more a personal thing like how you would also refuse being photographed but once again, telling someone you don't want to be recorded and recording this for your own purposes if you are THAT picky would be more handy.

I think the world would be a better place if we all used dictaphones while having conversations cause god knows our natural data recording is fuzzy at best and leads to all sorts of shit and unneccessary elongated litigation when it comes down to he said she said especially with regards to people consenting to things.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 07:59   #13
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Dace should get a livejournal. He'd fit right in.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 08:14   #14
Sunday8pm
Banned

only in your opinion, am I rite?
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 08:23   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Callers always say that they have tried everything... it's standard procedure not to listen to comments like that and just start diagnosing the problem from the start.
Saying that broadband doesn't work on Linux was just stupidity on their side tho.

A few days in a callcentre makes you realise how idiotic people are even in explaining their problems.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 08:46   #16
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

When your told the procedure on troubleshooting a problem in a Call Centre your usually told to just disregard what the customer says they've done as half the time they have not done it or have done it incorrectly.

Ofc this means that you end up pissing off people who actually have done whatever you've asked them to do already.

The problem comes when you assume customers have actually done what they say:

"I've checked all the cables and power switches and everything its not that, it has to be a software problem. I'm a heavy frequent user of this I know the normal ways of solving this. It HAS to be a software issue."

"Ok, does the charging light come on at all?"

"No that doesnt work"

"Ok well its possible the charger unit is broken, you will have to get a new one.."

"Oh wait, I didnt have it plugged in, never mind *click*"

------------------------

Oh and, hard luck Dace. Maybe it's the universes way of saying Poker holidays should be spent in Vegas and not at home.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 09:13   #17
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Oh and, hard luck Dace. Maybe it's the universes way of saying Poker holidays should be spent in Vegas and not at home.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 10:26   #18
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

My internet is bollax if i use it for too long. You just get kicked off. It doesnt help that my stupid sister is on there all flippin night so i cant get on when i want to!
A letter has been sent to BT telling them there connection is shite and is no better than a 56k. We are paying £30 for 512kb/ps broadband and thats what we bloody want. We tried to phone Costumer helpine but they are always busy and even if you do get through then you get this annoying welsh person with a VERY strong accent.

This reminds me of a time when I phoned up my bank because something had gone wrong with my account. I got fired about 50 questions in a strong scottish accent. I just felt like saying "Let me have my bloody money!!"
After I'd put the phone down and tryed my account again during the course of the next 2 days, it still didnt work. The bloody woman must have been doing bugger all at her computer.
It took me a week in the end to get my account back to normal. I had to go into HSBC and start from scratch making new passwords, new this new that. Arrrrrgh!!
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote