User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Dec 2004, 20:18   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
"But I only wanted to store my movies somewhere"

I wonder how he got the idea. "Hey, let's break in at NASA so I can save my movies there".
Did he think they wouldn't notice it there at NASA?
Unread 21 Dec 2004, 20:20   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: "But I only wanted to store my movies somewhere"

i dont know about you but -i- can't tell a servers owner and physical location from it's IP address.

if i could be arsed looking i could.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 21 Dec 2004, 20:32   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
i dont know about you but -i- can't tell a servers owner and physical location from it's IP address.

if i could be arsed looking i could.
There's this visual traceroute tool. I forgot the name, but it showed you how your packets fly around the world and where they end up. Sure it wouldn't tell you exactly where a server is located, but it would atleast give the name of the city. And perhaps you can get some more information from the trace result. Like the trace passing server2.nasa.gov or something.

Still, breaking in at NASA to store your movies is somewhat funny.
Unread 21 Dec 2004, 20:37   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
That reminds me, I still have to retrieve some of my T-Shirts from the Fort Knox vault.
Unread 21 Dec 2004, 21:06   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
There's this visual traceroute tool. I forgot the name, but it showed you how your packets fly around the world and where they end up. Sure it wouldn't tell you exactly where a server is located, but it would atleast give the name of the city. And perhaps you can get some more information from the trace result. Like the trace passing server2.nasa.gov or something.

shouldn't a simple whois-query usually tell you who owns the server?
Unread 21 Dec 2004, 21:49   #6
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
shouldn't a simple whois-query usually tell you who owns the server?
That's what I thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was movies on there already, crazy NASA techies.
Unread 21 Dec 2004, 21:51   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraKto$is8
That's what I thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was movies on there already, crazy NASA techies.
heh heh... a dedicated star-trek server.
Wouldn't mind to get access to that one though.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 00:15   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Sounds like NeoTrace. Or the firewall they bundled it with.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 00:20   #9
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

WHOIS results for jolt.co.uk

Looking up jolt.co.uk at whois.nic.uk.

Domain Name:
jolt.co.uk

Registrant:
Nildram Ltd

Administrative Contact's Address:
Ardenham Court
Oxford Road
Aylesbury
Bucks HP19 3EQ
United Kingdom

Registrant's Agent:
AccentUK Limited [Tag = NILDRAM]
URL: http://www.nildram.co.uk

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 09-Jul-1999
Renewal Date: 09-Jul-2005
Last updated: 12-Nov-1999

Registration Status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers listed in order:
dns1.jolt.co.uk 195.149.21.254
dns2.jolt.co.uk 195.149.21.253

WHOIS database last updated at 23:15:00 21-Dec-2004

--

=========================

195.149.21.11 [nildram.net or NILDRAM-JOLT] appears to be located at: AYLESBURY, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE (county), ENGLAND (country), UK.

VERSION=1.0

TARGET: 195.149.21.11
NAME: NILDRAM-JOLT
NUMBER: 195.149.21.0 - 195.149.21.255
CITY: AYLESBURY
STATE: BUCKINGHAMSHIRE (county), ENGLAND (country)
LAT: 51.83
LONG: -0.83
LAT_LONG_GRAN: City
LAST_UPDATED:
NIC: RIPE
LOOKUP_TYPE: Block Allocation
RATING:
DOMAIN_GUESS: nildram.net
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: RSP_WEBDNS
Content-Type: text/html
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:16:46 GMT
Content-Length: 130
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 13:28   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

yes, except its wrong most of the time
i used to use it, had it tied into mirc etc.
this is because it relays on geographic info being specified for the ip, and it rarely is.

as an example try whoising / tracing a uk aol ip.
it resolves to america.

i just knew some idiot would post a whois (cheers skiddy). my point is that when your attacking several million IP's a day , you arent going to whois each one just to be sure its not nasa, cos the chances of it being them are pretty small.

either way, he's an idiot for not checking.

Last edited by NEWSBOT3; 22 Dec 2004 at 13:42.
NEWSBOT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:18   #11
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Happy to help
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:23   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

arent you in iraq yet ?
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:28   #13
skiddy
wild one

February.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:29   #14
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

The kid mentioned in that report I happen to know and live near to!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:29   #15
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

bought your body armour yet ?
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:31   #16
skiddy
wild one

No, I've got a kevlar vest at home already so it would be a slight waste
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:32   #17
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

only protects your torso though innit...
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:34   #18
skiddy
wild one

Well, yeah, but full body armour comes with a 22 litre diesel engine and I can't afford the insurance.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:35   #19
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

heh.

yeah, acts of war arent covered by most policies anyway
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:36   #20
Androme
☆ ♥ 

You don't need body armour. Take along a friend and use his body as flak etc. That's pricelessl
----------retired-------
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 15:37   #21
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
You don't need body armour. Take along a friend and use his body as flak etc. That's pricelessl
only if you bought his airfare with a mastercard.

or something.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:28   #22
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Breaking into high-speed networks to make it easier to share illicit content online is a fairly common trick among members of the computer underground.

MAFIA.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:37   #23
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
only if you bought his airfare with a mastercard.

or something.
You don't need a mastercard to get that priceless(tm) effect. Whichever advertising goons are promoting this misbelief deserve to have their nuts twisted, frozen and then burnt
----------retired-------
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:38   #24
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
You don't need a mastercard to get that priceless(tm) effect. Whichever advertising goons are promoting this misbelief deserve to have their nuts twisted, frozen and then burnt
a socialist xmas story
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:43   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It took three paragraphs for the descent into madness to occur. Which is three paragraphs more than it takes for most things in the socialist review so
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 16:45   #26
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
You EXPECTED? me to read that? Brief summary? Ta.
----------retired-------
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 17:05   #27
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

sorry, cba.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 17:21   #28
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
good grief.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 18:15   #29
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: "But I only wanted to store my movies somewhere"

People who use the word 'movies' are gay. 'Movies' is a fundamentally wholesome word, an almost conservative word, which should not belong in the mouths of serious people. American nuclear families of mediocre intellect watch 'movies' together, on an evening, sat around a blazing fire in their suburban home. I watch films in the middle of a post-industrial Northern shitheap where I might be raped at any time and I am a better person for it.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 18:37   #30
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I watch motion-pictures because I am cool like that.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 19:08   #31
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
Wistful thinking about the raping I'd wager, you quasi-intellectual oh-so-opposed-to-the-established-community, pedantic, Goth-worshiping, petty person.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's funny because it's true, but if you dare insult my lover again I'll kill your family.
Unread 22 Dec 2004, 20:10   #32
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
my lover
Hey man, spread the love :)