User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Mar 2004, 03:32   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Thunderbirds the Movie

I just saw the trailer for this ;o

Coming out Summer of this year.
Couple of points...

-Did I really see Lady Penelope's Rolls Royce FLY? It doesn't FLY!
-What were the names of the sons? I can only remember Scott and Virgil
-Which was worse, Thunderbird 3 or 4? #4 is the submarine, which is useless unless you're in the water, and #3 just flies back and forth from #5
-How are they planning to iron out the obvious flaws in the TB plot, like the fact noone seems to know which island all the vehicles come from, or that there's a whopping great spacestation orbitting the earth that is communicating with it.

I hope it's good, mainly because my mum will be disappointed if it's not as she's an avid TB fan, and I'll be watching it with her <3
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 08:40   #2
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts
Re: Thunderbirds the Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
-How are they planning to iron out the obvious flaws in the TB plot, like the fact noone seems to know which island all the vehicles come from, or that there's a whopping great spacestation orbitting the earth that is communicating with it.
It's the future innit? So they have supercool comms cloaking devices and technological shit.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 08:45   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
-Did I really see Lady Penelope's Rolls Royce FLY? It doesn't FLY!
Indeed, it doesn't.
Quote:
-What were the names of the sons? I can only remember Scott and Virgil
Third was Alan.
Quote:
-Which was worse, Thunderbird 3 or 4? #4 is the submarine, which is useless unless you're in the water, and #3 just flies back and forth from #5
None of them is specifically the worst, as they all have uses in different circumstances. Saving a space rocket from heading into the sun is going to be a hassle without TB3, and saving people stuck at the bottom of the ocean is going to be fairly difficult without TB4.
Quote:
The Isle is obviously in the Bermuda Triangle
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 08:54   #4
KraKto$is8
Lurker

TB3 of course requires two people to fly it.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 09:35   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gordon and John are the other two.

What I want to know is why did Thunderbird 1 have to go down a passage about half a mile long, when it could have quite easily just sat on the takeoff pad?

What possible reason could Tracy have to have a runway that goes into BLANK CLIFF, that Thunderbird 2 doesn't use anyway? (VTOL kind of arrangement)

I WANT ACCURACY FROM MY DOCUMENTARIES
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 11:01   #6
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough

Thunderbirds SUCKS
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 11:20   #7
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I had a sneaky feeling you'd be the one who knew those answers.

Quote:
What I want to know is why did Thunderbird 1 have to go down a passage about half a mile long, when it could have quite easily just sat on the takeoff pad?
Maybe all the tools for fixing it and adding aluminium hubcaps are half a mile away from the takeoff pad. I'm sure there's a logical explanation. In the show on TV, I think it was because half the episodes were on the sons going down to their planes/rockets in unnecessarily secret ways. Remember how long it took to show Thunderbird 1 taking off?

Quote:
What possible reason could Tracy have to have a runway that goes into BLANK CLIFF, that Thunderbird 2 doesn't use anyway? (VTOL kind of arrangement)
See, that's what I'm saying. Either they're just going to leave the obvious flaws in the "We're on a secret island" plot out completely, or try to justify all of them, which could take some time.

Quote:
I WANT ACCURACY FROM MY DOCUMENTARIES
I wonder if they'll put that Stingray program into a film
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 11:33   #8
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraKto$is8
It's the future innit? So they have supercool comms cloaking devices and technological shit.
That`s right.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 11:40   #9
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Scott TB1
Virgil TB2
Alan TB3
Gordon TB4
John TB5

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 11:49   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We rent our home from a very posh lady called Penelope.

She has a double-barrel surname and I'm pretty sure she's a "Lady" (in the aristocratic sense).

Next time we fall into arrears I fully expect Parker to come round with a baseball bat to sort it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 12:57   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Alan and John switch around, duder.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 17:42   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Ah, yes, that's them
Quote:
Because it's much cooler to go through a secret passage, slide down a tube into your rocket penispit, and launch through a moveable swimming pool, than to walk outside and climb into it.

That, and likely all the equipment for maintaining TB1 is in it's subterranean hangar.
Quote:
Unless you're talking about one that I've forgotten about, the runway is used by TB2, as it drives down the thing to get to it's launching pad.

If you want an alternative explanation, then you might say that since the Tracy's are a very wealthy family, and likely do not spend all their time on their secret island (I'm sure they have to run mainland errands sometimes), they will have one or two less noticeable private jets, for which they need a runway.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 19:33   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

They have that runway, but it has no support structures, which was kind of my point.

And saying that Thunderbird 2 uses it, and therefore justifies it's presence, is like saying that roads are good because I need to walk to work. I only use them because they're there in the first place, but it's stupid to build them just for me to walk on them.

You see?
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 19:33   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

They have that runway, but it has no support structures, which was kind of my point.

And saying that Thunderbird 2 uses it, and therefore justifies it's presence, is like saying that roads are good because I need to walk to work. I only use them because they're there in the first place, but it's stupid to build them just for me to walk on them.

You see?
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 20:36   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

You see?
In one episode a small Cesna-like plane landed on it. I do remember that. I think lady P used it occasionally too.

And TB1... didn't it go DOWN some slope at some point before launching? Where do you want to hide that rocket if have to go DOWN before getting to the launching pad?
I could be wrong ofcourse, as it's been quite a while since I saw my last TB episode.
Anyway, the travelling can be justified by claiming the maintainance equipment is in somesort of hangar because the launch pad is kind of cramped and they didn't want to make it launch in the middle of the island to preserve the wild life and stuff.

What bothers me more is how they get their groceries if they live on somesort of top-secret island gazillions of miles away from any civilised worlds. I mean, don't they eat fresh vegies every day? Surely that's not a good message to those american fast-food kiddies.
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:13   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i've got the 9 disc DVD boxset of Thunderbirds In one of the special features, Parker explains all the plot holes. But it's been awhile since i watched it so i don't remember half of it
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:16   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Give it to me

The best episodes are always the absurd ones, like moving the Empire State Building
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:31   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Give it to me
Motion seconded. But then with me as me.
Quote:

You see?
Aren't the roads built for the purpose of you walking them, rather than the other way around? (Eg. if they didn't build the runway, how would they get TB2 to it's launch pad?)
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:35   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Why couldn't they have the launch pad right in front of the bay?

And why does it need it anyway?
Unread 12 Mar 2004, 22:41   #20
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Why couldn't they have the launch pad right in front of the bay?
Think of the trees, dude.
Quote:
And why does it need it anyway?
Presumably as for TB1, launching from it's smaller thrusters rather than from it's main engines takes more fuel, and makes for a slower departure. And it looks less cool.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 03:08   #21
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

TB1 and TB3 are useless

(or atleast one of them)
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 04:47   #22
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

in this thread, we argue over holes in the plot.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 12:34   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
TB1 and TB3 are useless

(or atleast one of them)
They're for different things confused
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 13:58   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
TB1 and TB3 are useless

(or atleast one of them)
TB1 is meant as an aircraft which can get to a disaster site quickly, in order for Scott to assess the damage, come up with a rescue plan and coordinate with the other IR team members.

TB3 is a space rocket meant as a transportation device between earth and TB5.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:09   #25
Tomkat

TB3 also saves rockets that are set to fly into the sun, as happened in one episode. I think that's the only time though :/

TB2 was my favourite <3

Scott was an arrogant little whippersnapper.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:10   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

TB2 would take about 12 hours to get anywhere.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:13   #27
KraKto$is8
Lurker

TB2's the best, as it's the most versatile. And Brains is the best character as his parents couldn't spell "Brian".
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:16   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

I don't think any of the TB's is "best" as such.

Without TB1, it'd be fairly hard for IR to determine the severity of a disaster and the needed equipment to deal with it.
Without TB2, none of the rescue equipment would get there.
Without TB3, no one would get to or from TB5, rendering it fairly useless.
Without TB4, they wouldn't be able to perform rescue operations under water.
Without TB5, International Rescue wouldn't even know there was a disaster to begin with.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:21   #29
Tomkat

Leshy, you're a gimp.

I said it was my favourite. Not the best.

PS: T4 is rubbish, it's only there so the youngest brother feels like he has a craft too. Why don't The Mole, and that fire-resistant digger thing have numbers? T5 could quite easily just be a satellite (or more than one) controlled from the earth. This also makes T3 useless, as if T5 could be replaced, so could T3. Actually, T1 isn't that great either. Surely if T5 was so fantasmagorical, it could zoom in and find out what was going on on the groud below.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:24   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

T3 saved people from the sun dude!

ps.

What if it's inside a building? What about the laws of optics? (Re:TB5)
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:33   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Leshy, you're a gimp.
You're the gimp as I wasn't replying to you.

Narf.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:35   #32
KraKto$is8
Lurker

X-Rays, dude.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:37   #33
KraKto$is8
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I don't think any of the TB's is "best" as such.

Without TB1, it'd be fairly hard for IR to determine the severity of a disaster and the needed equipment to deal with it.
Without TB2, none of the rescue equipment would get there.
Without TB3, no one would get to or from TB5, rendering it fairly useless.
Without TB4, they wouldn't be able to perform rescue operations under water.
Without TB5, International Rescue wouldn't even know there was a disaster to begin with.
Leshy, you're a gimp. Just because one is best, doesn't mean all the others are non-essential, or obsolete. Indeed, if there were no others, TB2 couldn't be best as there would be nothing to judge it against. Hah.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:38   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
X-Rays, dude.
That's going to help cool
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 15:40   #35
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Leshy, you're a gimp.
No, you're a gimp. As you've provided no reasons why TB2 is best.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:00   #36
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Wasn't there a Thunderbird-6 in one episode, that was some sort of strange bi-plane?
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:02   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Yep. A Tiger Moth if memory serves (the same plane you fly in the Acorn Archimedes classic 'Chocks Away')
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:11   #38
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

http://www.crc.paragould.ar.us/~adam...6episodes2.htm
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:15   #39
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
This is TB6 apparently:
http://www.crc.paragould.ar.us/~adam...torytheend.jpg
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:17   #40
KraKto$is8
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
No, you're a gimp. As you've provided no reasons why TB2 is best.
Bah. It's the most versatile. While all the other TBs have a single use, TB2 varies its use by picking up a different pod. The pods may contain TB4, The Mole, that bulletproof bulldozer thing, or anything else. It's very useful and very cool.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:33   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It all depends on your wording. For instance, if you word TB2 as 'Heavy Lifting', which is in essence all it does, then it's not really that cool, is it?
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:38   #42
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
that bulletproof bulldozer thing
The firefly
http://www.crc.paragould.ar.us/~adam/fab/TB/firefly.htm
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:48   #43
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

http://www.crc.paragould.ar.us/~adam...racyisland.gif

TB1 is placed inside the house, right behind the wall where this guy is flipped through. It doesn't travel half a mile, just down a slope towards the pool. I guess they wouldn't launch the bugger through the ceiling.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:50   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
http://www.crc.paragould.ar.us/~adam...racyisland.gif

TB1 is placed inside the house, right behind the wall where this guy is flipped through. It doesn't travel half a mile, just down a slope towards the pool. I guess they wouldn't launch the bugger through the ceiling.
Scott travels a REALLY LONG WAY down that chute. I don't see why you couldn't have him travelling a little bit further.

[edit]

And by that scale, TB1 (especially) is tiny, which doesn't work when you compare to the rest of the series, where it looks big.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:54   #45
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

No dude, that's the guy going to TB2, that's traveling so far. The guy going to TB1 just flips through, swaps around, and hops in the seat.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 16:59   #46
Tomkat

Quote:
It all depends on your wording. For instance, if you word TB2 as 'Heavy Lifting', which is in essence all it does, then it's not really that cool, is it?
Well International Rescue would grind to a halt without TB2, whereas the others are not completely essential.

True, you could say #1 is needed, because by the time #2 gets there, everyone will be dead. But #1 can't actually do anything except get somewhere quickly, and then #2 still has to fly there, making the journey longer anyway.

You could say #3 is needed, but #3 is only needed because #5 exists. And #5 doesn't have to exist, it's only there to warn Tracy Island of impending disasters around the world, where I'm sure a satellite would work just as well.

You could say #4 is needed, but that's only underwater. And it needs #2 to carry it everywhere, so it#s pretty useless without it.

THAT'S why Thunderbird 2 is the best.
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:07   #47
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

The runway is for the private jet that character no. 2* uses to get around and manage his business empire. Which must have a fairly suspicious hole in its accounts.

T-Bird 1 obviously moves from the assembly/engineering area to the launch bay, which isn't exactly odd for aircraft/rockets.

Most of the craft do more than you think - for example, TB1 has an EMP device for blanking tapes etc, and a gizmo that shoots things into mountainsides to block avalanches. and probably some other stuff I can't remember.

G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:09   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Why would a satellite work as well?

Why do you think that TB1 is useless, when it's used in some sort of rescue capacity quite often?

Why is TB2 the best when something as crappy as a chinook does exactly the same job?
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:16   #49
Tomkat

Quote:
Why would a satellite work as well?

Why do you think that TB1 is useless, when it's used in some sort of rescue capacity quite often?

Why is TB2 the best when something as crappy as a chinook does exactly the same job?
All #5 does is orbit the earth, and have a lot of cameras to see what's going on. A satellite would be cheaper, could be remotely controlled, and wouldn't require the use of #3 going up and down all the time.

TB1 isn't useless. But in your analysis of TB2 being the same as a chinook, surely would could liken TB1 to a concorde?
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 17:19   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Look at it this way: why would they have built it if it wasn't needed?

Of course, there is the option that it just gives something to get brothers 3 and 5 out of the house.

And the comparison between TB1 and concorde isn't the same at all. It's like after I've compared Giggs to, say, Cassano, and you've compared Christiano Ronaldo to Andy Goram because they both have legs.

All TB2 does is lift things. TB1 isn't just fast.